Rob Ford (finally) Admits Smoking Crack Cocaine.

• 68 results
Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@slag said:

Crack is whack, sounds like way past time for a recall.

There's no way for an Ontario municipality to recall a politician. City council can't even do it. My understanding is that the only way Ford could be removed from office is if he was incarcerated, and thus incapable of going to work. As of yet he hasn't even been charged, and if legal proceedings started now, they'd probably still be going on a year from now when the next election is scheduled.

Well, that or a custom-made bill in the provincial legislature, but the province seems understandably hesitant to get politically involved in this mess if they can help it.

Wow, I did not know that about Canada. That seems absolutely crazy to me that you can not recall somebody. Jeez really got to do extra due diligence when you vote then.

The more you know I guess.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@jasonr86 said:

You can smoke crack once and not be a crackhead OP. Also I'd be real upset if all my mistakes were held under a microscope by my employer.

LOL you cannot be serious with this beyond stupid comment.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@jasonr86 said:

You can smoke crack once and not be a crackhead OP. Also I'd be real upset if all my mistakes were held under a microscope by my employer.

LOL you cannot be serious with this beyond stupid comment.

Which one of those comments dear?

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well i guess i appreciate his honesty, holy cow

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By zFUBARz

@itwastuesday: Well, you can't really call it honesty when the Chief of Police of the 5th largest city on the continent holds a press conference and says he's been gathering evidence and had a task force looking into potential murder, hacking, bribery, cover ups, and obviously drug use.... After allllll of that he said, "ok maaaaybe I smoked crack like once a year ago. Maybe i was drunk, I dunno, you're dumb, What? NO, I'm going to bed!" I wouldn't really call that coming clean, I'd call that damage control.

Incidentally now the Ford brothers are calling for the previously mentioned police chief to step down because of his obvious bias against alcoholic, corrupt drug abusing mayors.

Also anybody from the GTA saying Ford is good is ridiculous, I mean if 90 year old Hazel can drag Mississauga from a nowhere suburb towards being a world class city, surely somebody with the power of Toronto behind them can do more than just be a clown.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

At least Ford is taking drugs off the street.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Loading Video...

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who lives in the greater Toronto area it's pretty embarrassing all the international attention this story is getting. It's giving the city an increasingly poor reputation every day he doesn't step down. That said, this beautiful man has done an absolutely fantastic job making a complete fool of himself:

Loading Video...

He's like a hybrid Chris Farley/Eric Cartman. :D

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By NegativeCero

I'm just smiling right now. I find this whole episode to have been ridiculous, and just think he's delusional if he really thinks he has any shot after this.

Oh god that second video. What is even happening in that thing?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre:

Sorry I found sympathizing for this scumbag stupid. Calm down and mind your own business.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mariachimacabre:

Sorry I found sympathizing for this scumbag stupid. Calm down and mind your own business.

Yeah, man. Fuck empathy!

I don't even agree with Jason, for the most part, but that's no excuse for you to act like an ass to him.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@laserbolts:

Empathy isn't a dirty word. In fact it's a sign of maturity. You should try it out! Come, join the adult world with the rest of us!

mao16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By mao16

As someone who lives close to Toronto I never actually did any reading into this since you heard about it all the time and would assume the press was just blowing things out of proportions. I couldn't have been more wrong. After a bit of reading it's hard to believe he's still in office.

1. repeated cases of public drunkenness caught on video
  2. repeated cases of using a cell while driving (you're the mayor, you don't get away with this)
  3. generally acting like a jerk in public (possibly the drinking)
  4. being filmed while smoking cocaine
  5. denying said video exits for almost a year
  6. after it's proven the video exists refuses to apologize for flat out lying for almost a year

No wonder the local press has been all over his ass. He's doing their job for them and doing a better job at it than they ever could.

About kicking him out of office forcefully. Unless criminal charges are brought up and he's found guilty which would take a long time. The only other way would be for the provincial legislature to make a custom bill just to boot him like GrantHeaslip said. That would also take a while and have all sorts of murky grey areas that most politicians like to stay out of. I'm no political science major so take this with a grain of salt but i'm fairly sure the governor general if pressured to do so by parliament could force the issue onto the provincial legislature. This will all still have to involve the courts somehow and as these things tend to go will get taken up by the supreme court since it's precedent creating. Basically it would be faster just to wait for next year's elections to boot him.

On the more serious side of things this does expose a large problem in our political system when it comes to removing people from office at a municipal level.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jerseyscum
Loading Video...

Toronto Star just got this tape. Is this guy seriously talking about killing someone?

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Rotnac

@jerseyscum: jesus wtf, 80-year old birds? He's hella wired in that video.

I guess this goes to show that for some people being mayor isn't what it's cracked up to be.

D_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By D_Mac

I've been working in the CBC News Network control room this week, it's been kind of bizarre, especially with all the wrestlers showing up. The Iron Sheik (known crack user) was there a few days ago, and Brutus the Barber Beefcake was there today handing out sandwiches (and he's had his problems with cocaine as well). It's the most "media circus"-ey thing to happen at my workplace during my short career in news.