Robocop remake trailer

• 96 results
Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This looks every bit as lame, boring and sterile as the Total Recall remake. I did dig their take on the classic silver armor, though.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By falserelic

Yep I wasn't feeling that trailer much, and it doesn't seem as brutal as the original.

Edit: Also the silver suit looks better then the black.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MiniPato

I figured all those Marvel contracts would have halted Samuel L Jackson's invasion of every role ever, but it only slowed him down.

Getting shot to shit > carbomb

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

They should have given this to the director of Dredd, whoever that is and make it R-Rated.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Yeah looks like they fucked it up. Surprise.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I liked it. Samuel L. Jackson, and he looks like Raiden.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pr1mus said:

They should have given this to the director of Dredd, whoever that is and make it R-Rated.

That was a good movie, so not a bad choice.

Originally this was supposed to be done by Darren Aronofsky which I would have been very interested to see. Instead... we got this.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stryker1121

The original was a biting satire..this looks like straight-ahead action. Like the cast and the suit looks cool, but I smell PG-13 blandness wafting off this puppy. RoboRemake also comes out in the cinematic graveyard of Jan.-Feb. Ominous signs, so many of them.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

welp, that's another thing taken away from my childhood.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not interested in a RoboCop movie sans Miguel Ferrer.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original was a biting satire..this looks like straight-ahead action. Like the cast and the suit looks cool, but I smell PG-13 blandness wafting off this puppy. RoboRemake also comes out in the cinematic graveyard of Jan.-Feb. Ominous signs, so many of them.

but how will Robocop identify with his wife and child!?!?!?! THE HUMAN ELEMENT CANNOT BE HELD BY A MACHINE!

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah looks like they fucked it up. Surprise.

That about sums it up perfectly. I mean the re-design of the armor is at least decent enough.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltsmash said:

Well you're in luck cause he is in this movie.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: I believe the Aronofsky movie was also supposed to be a psuedo-sequel to the original.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By DharmaBum

Well, at least there's Michael Keaton.

Loading Video...

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyways, I'm not gonna get all riled up about this. It's not like there hasn't been a shitty Robocop followup already.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YOU SAY YOU CAN SAVE HIM BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I wouldn't buy that for a dollar.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

I wouldn't buy that for a dollar.

THE END OF THINGS THAT NEED TO BE SAID ABOUT THIS TRAILER

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Meh. Looks okay. Never really cared about the originals so that may be an influence on my feelings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thing is complete travesty. It should not exist. F*** everyone who thought this was a good idea.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does he have a human hand? I remember one of the parts of his construction in the first movie involved them deciding whether or not to keep his remaining good arm, and they don't. But now? They keep it. Why?

@pr1mus said:

I think Dredd was a better Robocop movie than this will be.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stryker1121 said:

but how will Robocop identify with his wife and child!?!?!?! THE HUMAN ELEMENT CANNOT BE HELD BY A MACHINE!

RIPPED FROM TODAY's HEADLINES or something..

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doskias said:

Why does he have a human hand? I remember one of the parts of his construction in the first movie involved them deciding whether or not to keep his remaining good arm, and they don't. But now? They keep it. Why?

@pr1mus said:

It's so he can shake people's hands, seriously.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doskias said:

@pr1mus said:

It's so he can shake people's hands, seriously.

Seriously? I think I'm going to cry. I normally don't get upset about remakes of the things I love, but Robocop... Robocop is a whole other thing for me. And this makes me sad.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Itwastuesday

I mean, as long as it still has the satirical aspect it could still be alright, I guess, but I don't like the tone this trailer sets at all. Robocop was kind of a simple movie and now they've got like 30 characters all talking a lot of dialogue just in the trailer. But I still can't get over the simple fact that they're trying to remake a Paul Verhoeven movie without getting the R rating. Then there's the fact that Murphy doesn't look like a weird monster man under the visor, but if I start going down this list it's going to turn into "I don't like anything about this that isn't like the original Robocop."

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Milkman

I know being reactionary to one trailer is a very "internet" thing to do but this looks fucking terrible and seems to feature nothing that actually makes RoboCop great.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By project343

I really like how frequently Samuel L. Jackson is willing to pick up a wig. It's the best part of this trailer.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@minipato said:

@ltsmash said:

Well you're in luck cause he is in this movie.

Cool, I'm in then.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The voice sucks, the new suit looks cool but the all black sucks, Gary Oldman is great, and I will watch this at some point probably not in theatres.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@ltsmash said:

sure sure, I agree. but also Kurtwood Smith! Holy shit he was so good in Robocop.

Avatar image for bombcastgoldthwait
BombcastGoldthwait

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, at least there's Michael Keaton.

Loading Video...

That clip is the most Michael Keaton thing ever.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even after the addition of VFX Robocop looks like a guy in armor rather than a cyborg.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If this movie consisted of Michael Keaton punching out Samuel L Jackson, I'd be a fan.

Also good call on Dredd, think I'll rewatch that tonight.

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Michael Keaton don't want no scrubs. "The Other Guys" ruined my ability to see him as any other character.

Pretty much sums up every problem I have with 'character' action movies, an over-reliance on cheap CGI and green screen sets, something just feels off when it looks more like a video game cutscene than a film.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't even waste my bandwidth pirating the thing. That looks fucking TERRIBLE. Like there isn't even a word in the English language that can describe how bad this looks. I... urgh.

This actually makes me sad because RoboCop has always been one of my favourite movies. Now I have to make a distinction between the incredible one from the 80's and the clusterfuck that hits a theater near you next year. And this is just going to absolutely kill the franchise with how shit it's going to be. Bob Morton made a mistake...

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is this bullshit!? Why is he not walking like a robot? I hope Peter Weller fire bombs the premiere. A stupid car bombing is what fucks him up? I think I will just get a bottle of whiskey and watch the original when this gets released instead. Fucking remakes are horrible nowadays. Did they seriously replace Lewis with a guy and even change the name from Alex to Jack? They couldn't even keep the name? Fuck this. Fuck this. Fuck this.

Oh... and fuck this!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: I believe the Aronofsky movie was also supposed to be a psuedo-sequel to the original.

Interesting. Either way I'm a big fan of him as a director and would've bought into his take on Robocop.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Also though: guys, stop getting worked up about them making crappy new versions of shit you like. Turns out the old stuff is still there. And there's going to be a lot more of this going on so get used to it. Just pretend it didn't happen and enjoy your old media.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Well this looks... generic.

Still, the entire Robocop franchise besides the first movie is a bunch of rubbish. If anything this seems pretty on par with a lot of what Robocop has been known for churning out. Sucks why they'd then have to go and drudge the only good thing about the series through the mud, though >=/

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as it has that red substance we 80´s children love it will be ok??? :( god I cant belive Im saying this but I kinda miss late 80´s-90´s action bloodfest ó-rama flicks....

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Christoffer

Good, as most trailers these days this basically shows the whole movie except for the killing blow to the bad guy in the end. Saved me some time and money. Ka-ching!

Also, I like Jackson, Oldman and Kinnaman but I don't think the best actors in the world could save this. It's a pure cash grab. Ka-ching! again.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#43 sweep  Moderator

lol the comments in this thread. Fuck Robotcop. Go watch Dredd.

You're welcome.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MegaLombax

Wasn't feeling it. The whole re-imagining of Robocop seems horrible to me. This isn't Robocop, its a dude in a power suit.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MiniPato

@sweep said:

You're welcome.

Fuck Judge Joe Dredd. Watch The Raid.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#46  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@minipato said:

@sweep said:

You're welcome.

Fuck Judge Joe Dredd. Watch The Raid.

Yeah The Raid is pretty great as well. I'm just biased :P

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A great supporting cast, but I have a feeling this isn't going to be a very good movie. Although I have been wrong, since the trailer for Dredd was hilariously bad but the movie was surprising (dumb) fun.

deckard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going to be hot garbage. Reasons:

1. PG-13 Rating instead of R? Check.

2. Coming out in the film-death month of February? Check.

3. Suit looks ridiculous? Check.

The director Jose Pidilha has done some good stuff in the past, so that's about the only glimmer of hope I see.

godlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Interesting trailer, seems like it can go either way. I think it good to explore other aspects of a character/franchise in a reboot but it's missing one of the biggest ideas in the original.

One of the best things from the original movie was that your protagonist gets brutally murdered by a gang only to come back and exact revenge on them, but it's done in a way that explores how he has to deal with losing his previous life that haunts him through memories. This is PG-13 so it couldn't get away with having your main character shot to pieces in the first half hour of the movie but having him injured in a car bomb explosion seems like kind of lame reasoning to force him into a robotic body.

A bare hand coupled with the rubber black suit looks like someone running around in cosplay but the helmet looks good. Some of that CG didn't look too great but there's a great cast so hopefully we don't have another Total Recall remake in our hands.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Nice casting choices, I must say. Jackson, Keaton, Oldman (?), Rorschach. The suit does look kinda weird, I get a Berserk-Griffith vibe from it when the visor is down. That said, Paul Verhoeven should do a live action Berserk movie! :P