RPG'ing it Up

ArtG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By ArtG

Well, I just lost a fairly lengthy blog post because I was signed out of Giant Bomb for whatever reason, so here's a truncated version of it

The World Ends With You

• Solved it Sunday night
  • I really enjoyed the combat, story, and the growth of main character Neku Sakuraba not in physical strength or combat abilities...but more of his maturation as a person.
  • More on that--the game is a good take on "emo" or "angsty" people. Good message for those of you with a proclivity for feeling that you don't need other people.
  • Ending is a little vague.
  • Because of vague ending, they allow players to get these "reports" for doing side-missions during each of the "days" in the game, which fill out the lore. Kind of a cheap way to have replayability (why not get it right the first time?) but it is effective. I want to get more information on the story.
  • Combat difficulty is scalable. I like.

What's Next?

• Blue Dragon
  • Patapon 2
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • I'll have reviews for Patapon 2 and Plants vs. Zombies by week's end, hopefully.

ArtG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ArtG

Well, I just lost a fairly lengthy blog post because I was signed out of Giant Bomb for whatever reason, so here's a truncated version of it

The World Ends With You

• Solved it Sunday night
  • I really enjoyed the combat, story, and the growth of main character Neku Sakuraba not in physical strength or combat abilities...but more of his maturation as a person.
  • More on that--the game is a good take on "emo" or "angsty" people. Good message for those of you with a proclivity for feeling that you don't need other people.
  • Ending is a little vague.
  • Because of vague ending, they allow players to get these "reports" for doing side-missions during each of the "days" in the game, which fill out the lore. Kind of a cheap way to have replayability (why not get it right the first time?) but it is effective. I want to get more information on the story.
  • Combat difficulty is scalable. I like.

What's Next?

• Blue Dragon
  • Patapon 2
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • I'll have reviews for Patapon 2 and Plants vs. Zombies by week's end, hopefully.

skonell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By skonell

I played a little bit of The World Ends With You but never really got far into it. Glad to see you enjoyed it though.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DBoy

Where the hell is MUA??  That's a semi-RPG.
Oh, and Firefox does that to me too, will sign me out for no reason at all.

DeVeAn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DeVeAn

I really liked Blue Dragon. Most people don't. Its more of an old skool style RPG in that its turn based and not too flashy. Have fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-66389f20962dc
deactivated-66389f20962dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Look at you writing reviews. :-P I can't help but think that I've had something to do with that. Does that earn me a gold star? A cookie? Respect? Anything?

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Slunks

Haven't had much trouble with Firefox, but I've had my fair share of blogs omitted due to Giant Bomb's side.

Working on Mirror's Edge myself. Old game, but interesting to play and critically think about. Looking forward to read your reviews!

darro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By darro

I actually enjoyed Blue Dragon also Devean despite the fact it had no coherent story and the game was easy as hell, I did enjoy the combat and mostly everything else about it.  Lost Odyssey was better though but its a good RPG, which got lousy reviews because it wasn't different enough or whatever.

Glad to see you enjoyed TWEWY.