Saw Series Fans, How Do You Want It to Finish?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

This week is a special week in cinema, as it is the last week that we will get a Saw movie.   

I have been keeping up with the series every February, as I get the Blu-Ray and watch it on my own time.  This year I will watch it in the theater, as it is the last one and I'm interested in how they pull off the 3D.  Plus, I want to know what it's like watching the movie in a crowd of people...normally it's alone while I eat a cheesesteak, or another tasty meaty sandwich.  I enjoy the taste of animal blood while I watch the delicate skin of people being torn apart, and seeing their sins punished for. 

Anyways, I'll be watching the movie before I head down to DC on Friday night, but I heard people are already allowed to watch it tonight at some places.   

How do you guys want the series to end, and what do you think these guys should work on next? 

I think they should bring back Hostel and do it in a proper way. 

For the record, I kinda want Jigsaw to show is true face to the public during the main trap in the city center, and for his wife to find peace in everything that's happened.  The crazy twist in this movie should be that Jigsaw was always being manipulated by his wife, or just the idea that someone else was pulling the strings.

Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Kiera

i dunno, isn't he dead?

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KaosAngel
@Kiera: ...what if he was alive the whole time? 

Dun...dun....DUUUUNNNN
Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Kiera
@KaosAngel:
then that'd be retarded?
6ZZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By 6ZZA
@Kiera said:
" @KaosAngel: then that'd be retarded? "
LOL
Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dany

well the jive i got from the last movie was that his wife was going to become the next jigsaw, but has she ever gone through one of his mind games?

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By donchipotle

I want Cary Elwes to be revealed as the true mastermind.

Complete with bionic foot replacement.

Really, though, I just hope Hoffman eats it because I hate the way he looks

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Brendan

I want it to all have been manipulated by Justin Beiber. 

I have never seena  Saw movie.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@KaosAngel said:
" This week is a special week in cinema, as it is the last week that we will get a Saw movie. "
HA!  Good one.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

It is? Didn't they say that about Halo 3 for Halo? And then they made Wars, ODST, Reach, and I feel like something else, maybe. Also, Phantasy Star.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I want the creators to somehow destroy every Saw film except 1, then it would be a classic. 

I don't care how the series ends at this point.

JokerFrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JokerFrown

I want the world to realize what it is John has been doing the whole time and honor him for it.  Also, half-jaw Hoffman needs to die spectacularly.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel

Right, and Freddy's dead, and Jason died permanently (twice).

There will be an eighth Saw movie.

ryno9881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryno9881

I always thought that the last scene should be jigsaw rigging nuclear bombs around the world. Then once he spews his broken logic and people don't listen; the entire world blows the F up. That would cool.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cramsy

Jill and Hoffman facing off in a trap at the end because Dr. Gordon is running the show. 

I've been waiting 6 years to see Gordon again. He better fucking be in this one. 

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Oldirtybearon

it'd be nice if this was the last one, but they won't stop beating this dead horse until it doesn't make a profit. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#17  Edited By Hailinel
@Kiera said:
"

i dunno, isn't he dead?

"
He is, but he had an amazing knack for predicting the future and creating an archive of video cassettes in which he was able to record his instructions on what to do to who when.

It could be revealed that he's miraculously somehow still alive and it wouldn't surprise me in the least.  The only reason that the Saw film stories are considered better than the average Friday the 13th film is because the writers obfuscate everything to such an extent that the impossible morass of broken logic that make up the narrative is somehow confused with being deep by the people that still pay money to see Saw sequels in the theater.

At least the average Friday the 13th film is straight forward enough to know what it is at heart.  A slasher film.  By contrast, everything from from Saw II on is nothing more than a series slasher films masquerading as ham-fisted psychological drama.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HandsomeDead

It was a a nightmare in Donnie Wahlberg's head.

Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kiera
@Hailinel said:
" @Kiera said:
"

i dunno, isn't he dead?

"
He is, but he had an amazing knack for predicting the future and creating an archive of video cassettes in which he was able to record his instructions on what to do to who when.  It could be revealed that he's miraculously somehow still alive and it wouldn't surprise me in the least.  The only reason that the Saw film stories are considered better than the average Friday the 13th film is because the writers obfuscate everything to such an extent that the impossible morass of broken logic that make up the narrative is somehow confused with being deep by the people that still pay money to see Saw sequels in the theater.  At least the average Friday the 13th film is straight forward enough to know what it is at heart.  A slasher film.  By contrast, everything from from Saw II on is nothing more than a series slasher films masquerading as ham-fisted psychological drama. "

You said "from from". Heh.
angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By angelfan91

Maybe some crazy traps, someone castrating themselves to find the key to their survival?

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Brians

AS long as people cover the cost of production enough there will be more saw movies.

FokisMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FokisMoney
@Bucketdeth said:
" I want the creators to somehow destroy every Saw film except 1, then it would be a classic.   I don't care how the series ends at this point. "

@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" This week is a special week in cinema, as it is the last week that we will get a Saw movie. "
HA!  Good one. "
I dont get why people are coming into a post clearly made for dans of the movie and shit on it, nothing better to do with your time
Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Brians
@FokisMoney:  The assertion that this is the last saw is what people are laughing at. If this movie is in anyway popular another one will be made. No one making fun of that assertion that this is the last movie gives a rat's ass about the movies story. That is all.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't know how the hell they'll finish it, but if Cary Elwes does not say "Game over" I will fucking murder someone.
I am so pumped For Saw VII! 
(okay, I know it's Saw 3D but that's the dumbest title they could come up with, so I call it Saw VII.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@FokisMoney said:
" @Bucketdeth said:
" I want the creators to somehow destroy every Saw film except 1, then it would be a classic.   I don't care how the series ends at this point. "

@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @KaosAngel said:
HA!  Good one. "
I dont get why people are coming into a post clearly made for dans of the movie and shit on it, nothing better to do with your time "
He said it was the last SAW movie.  I wasn't commenting on him saying it was a special week just that every movie that says it's the last (especially horror) has made a lot more sequels.
Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mrskidders

I want time and space to reverse and them to only make the first movie.  That would be great.

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#28  Edited By ShadowVirus

It was all a dream within a dream within a dream.

rick9109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By rick9109

I want it to end with it being revealed that all this time it was John Cena killing all these people under the orders of Wade Barrett.  Pretty sure if you watch closely in Saw 3 you can see the one dude get Attitude-Adjustmented into the bin of syringes.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Oldirtybearon
@FokisMoney said:
" @Bucketdeth said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @KaosAngel said:
HA!  Good one. "
I dont get why people are coming into a post clearly made for dans of the movie and shit on it, nothing better to do with your time "
If you like the Saw movies past the first one, you are everything that is wrong with horror films today. 

The SAW films starting with Part II moved away from the psychological tension, claustrophobia, and damn uneasiness that made SAW a good horror movie to some, and an instant classic to others. It had nothing to do with the traps, but the struggle the characters went through to try and survive this sick, fucked up game Jigsaw was playing. Saw II threw everything that made SAW work out the window and decided to focus on gore and cheesy plots to make up for their lack of intellect and filmmaking skill. The only way I can imagine ANYONE appreciating the SAW "series" is if they've been repeatedly dropped on their head by their meth-addicted trailer park mother and maybe beaten with a frying pan by their alcoholic, welfare collecting father.  

Also, regardless of whether or not the thread was made for "dans" of the movie, people will go wherever they please and give their opinion. So far people have only said "I don't like them" or "Heh, there's no way this is the last one". To get up in arms about that just makes you look silly.
solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By solidlife

The most horrendous Death machine ever created.

rick9109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By rick9109
@KingWilly said:
" @FokisMoney said:
" @Bucketdeth said:

@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @KaosAngel said:
HA!  Good one. "
If you like the Saw movies past the first one, you are everything that is wrong with horror films today.  The SAW films starting with Part II moved away from the psychological tension, claustrophobia, and damn uneasiness that made SAW a good horror movie to some, and an instant classic to others. It had nothing to do with the traps, but the struggle the characters went through to try and survive this sick, fucked up game Jigsaw was playing. Saw II threw everything that made SAW work out the window and decided to focus on gore and cheesy plots to make up for their lack of intellect and filmmaking skill. The only way I can imagine ANYONE appreciating the SAW "series" is if they've been repeatedly dropped on their head by their meth-addicted trailer park mother and maybe beaten with a frying pan by their alcoholic, welfare collecting father.   Also, regardless of whether or not the thread was made for "dans" of the movie, people will go wherever they please and give their opinion. So far people have only said "I don't like them" or "Heh, there's no way this is the last one". To get up in arms about that just makes you look silly. "
And posts like this are what's wrong with the internet  so i guess you guys are even?
muttjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By muttjones

I'm holding out for the Saw 1 remake.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By c1337us

I stopped watching this series mid way through the third movie.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#35  Edited By Yummylee

In a sea of tits.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By MysteriousBob

Saw Series Fans, What the fuck is wrong with you?

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By zityz

from a person who doesn't mind the movies, I wish they ended it at 5.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Something about Jill carrying on Jigsaw's legacy just comes off as stupid to me. If you're going to have a girl do it, make a rough chick like Amanda. I'm with Hoffman all the way. 

Edit: For everyone saying this isn't the last one, you haven't been paying good enough attention. Ever since the fourth or fifth movie, these things have been making less and less money. 3-D ticket prices will ensure that it at least breaks even, and the draw of it being the final one will bring in more people, but it was pretty well-known amongst fans that 5 and 6 had a pretty mediocre performance at the box office. We might see a re-make or something a few years down the road, but there won't be another one any time soon. Douchebags.

Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lautaro
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" Something about Jill carrying on Jigsaw's legacy just comes off as stupid to me. If you're going to have a girl do it, make a rough chick like Amanda. I'm with Hoffman all the way.   Edit: For everyone saying this isn't the last one, you haven't been paying good enough attention. Ever since the fourth or fifth movie, these things have been making less and less money. 3-D ticket prices will ensure that it at least breaks even, and the draw of it being the final one will bring in more people, but it was pretty well-known amongst fans that 5 and 6 had a pretty mediocre performance at the box office. We might see a re-make or something a few years down the road, but there won't be another one any time soon. Douchebags. "
Everything you just said I agree with.
Faint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Faint

i think the series has been a good one as a whole. ive always loved that you dont understand everything fully until you watch the ending, where the characters who are about to die generally are explained what they need to know that lead to them being faced with death, as they saw things or interperated things the wrong way. my dream as a saw fan is that they would somehow show things you missed from the previous films in the conclusion of saw 7, and that it was all ultimately one big thing that you wont understand until the very end. due to the constant change in directors and writers however this seems unlikely. i guess i just want to see a conclusion to it other than the current jigsaw dying. either somehow show the whole syndicate of crimes is over, or give the ending that suggests it will somehow continue and therefore jigsaw is eternal.

jackbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jackbag

I can't believe they're still farting these movies out every year.

At least the first one was so bad it was actually entertaining.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Ne0teric said:
" @ShadowVirus said:
" It was all a dream within a dream within a dream. "
So you want to see Saw: Inception? lol "
Oh, Insawption?
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billnyethesciencepie said:

"   

THAR BE SPOILERS IN THEM THA HILLS "
The worst part is that the mere thumbnail for the video is a spoiler in itself.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#47  Edited By Meowayne

The appropriate answer to this question is "dignified."

So far, the series has been decent in most compartments and very good in others, and is getting a lot of undeserved hate for sticking to a certain formula. If they end it soon and without going too far out (they are close), then I will be very fine with "Saw" as a whole.

Also, this thread belongs on Screened.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Karl_Boss

I've only watched the first I'm way behind

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KaosAngel
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" The worst part is that the mere thumbnail for the video is a spoiler in itself. "
...well at least I know now how Hoffman ends up.  :\
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KaosAngel said:
" @Everyones_A_Critic said:
" The worst part is that the mere thumbnail for the video is a spoiler in itself. "
...well at least I know now how Hoffman ends up.  :\ "
Yeah, avoiding spoilers for this one is proving harder than I initially thought. When Bloody-Disgusting.com finally posted their review I narrowly missed reading the end of the fuckin movie.