Should we Tax the rich as an economic resolve?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By galiant

I wouldn't mind, because I don't have a lot of money. I'm sure people with a lot of money would disagree. If I had that much money, I wouldn't know what to do with it. I'm happy to afford a home and being able to eat every day. I mean, I can even afford buying games every once in a while! This, to me, is luxury. I want to say that I'd share if I was that rich, but let's say I'd poured my life into a business or something maybe I'd tell you something different. I'll get back to you if that ever happens.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

cant we think of a better solution than taxing the rich? 

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Detrian
@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:
" cant we think of a better solution than taxing the rich?  "
How about culling the population.
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
@Detrian said:

" @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

How about culling the population. "
How about a balanced budget? Seriously, we need to get my Mom out in the government. She would balance that shit like nobody's business... 
Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@omghisam said:

" Laffer Curve!  ...I mean Video Games! "

Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this?  Anyone?  Something d-o-o economics? Anyone?
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Detrian
@SathingtonWaltz said:
" @Detrian said:

" @the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG said:

How about culling the population. "
How about a balanced budget? Seriously, we need to get my Mom out in the government. She would balance that shit like nobody's business...  "
Taxes are needed for that.
korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By korwin

Increasing the level of taxation on higher income earners is one step in many, it is however necessary.  I'm Australian, I pay more percentage wise in tax than the top tax bracket in the US... and I'm not even at the top.  You people need to learn that taxes are a necessary evil, the cost of living in a successful western society.  It completely blows my mind when I see low income earners in the US actively supporting the idea of keeping the wealthy's taxes to a minimum, it's working against their own benefit.

time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By time allen

should we? yes. could we? neeeever gonna happen.

SolidOcelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By SolidOcelot

Taxing the rich more is insane, this is America and in a country were people are encouraged to make something of themselves, penalizing people who have become successful is ridiculous.i have the best and  simplest solution to all the tax problems in America, and im going to give it you all for free, ready its very simple. The same taxes for everyone across the board no matter who you are or how much you make. 
Example = Tax for every single person in America is 10% (agian no matter how much you make) so someone who makes $1,000 a week pays 10% tax and someone who makes $15,000 also pays 10% tax. The person who is making more is technically paying more but under the same percentage based on his paycheck.
See simple and nobody can complain because everyone is being treated equally.

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#110  Edited By _Nuno_

Damn... I didn't know I was surrounded by COMMUNISTS!!! 
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#111  Edited By Xeiphyer

I'm not in that top 2%, so yeah it makes sense to tax them more.

If I was rich I might have a different outcome though,just because I have a lot of money doesn't mean I didn't work hard for it.

So its hard to find the proper balance I guess, I think the trick might be to not tax the people themselves more, but tax their work income or business profits more. I think if its slightly less personal then it becomes less noticeable and therefore less likely to piss them off.  Like if you are making $500,000 a year and you just happen to get an extra 2% tax on each paycheck, you probably won't notice it that much. 

Dunno, just gotta trick the rich people a bit. A small tax increase won't really affect them much but will generate a lot of extra money.

------------------

Another answer: Don't increase taxes at all for anybody, instead restructure government spending to free up some of the tens of millions of wasted dollars every year.

It costs $20million dollars a year to keep the penny in circulation. Why don't we just fucking toss 'em  and maybe nickels too, and then just have all prices end in 0. Huge amount of money freed up, plus much easier for everyone as a result. Australia already does this.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Aetheldod

What this commie talk???? Im no rich dude but if we are to believe that every one is equal , everyone must be taxed the same as the others , no matter how much or how less you have

MikeinSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 177

#113  Edited By MikeinSC
It doesn't work.

In the US, we get 19% of the GDP in tax revenue. Nothing really moves that up or down to any appreciable degree.

If we tax the rich heavily -- tax receipts will not change much. In fact, since GDP will likely be hit, they will probably decrease.
_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By _Nuno_

@SolidOcelot:
I think a sliding scale is acceptable since 1% of a fairly wealthy person's income is often times less important to their survival than 1% of a poor person's income is to theirs. 
However, I also feel like the tax rates applied here in Europe, where people with just 25000€/year incomes get taxed 40% are outrageous. 
In the case of America you still have that multi-trilion dollar deficit to concern yourself with. 

My solution would be very simple. No country would be allowed to have a deficit. If it did, that deficit would be immediatly deducted from the next avvailable source of revenue the state has. 
This is tricky since government needs to borrow money from the fed or the european central bank. Which leads me to step two. The extinction of the fed and the appropriation of the responsability for money policies by the government.

_Nuno_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By _Nuno_
@Aetheldod:
I was referring to the guys who voted to tax the rich.
FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#116  Edited By FiestaUnicorn
@Korwin said:
"Increasing the level of taxation on higher income earners is one step in many, it is however necessary.  I'm Australian, I pay more percentage wise in tax than the top tax bracket in the US... and I'm not even at the top.  You people need to learn that taxes are a necessary evil, the cost of living in a successful western society.  It completely blows my mind when I see low income earners in the US actively supporting the idea of keeping the wealthy's taxes to a minimum, it's working against their own benefit. "

You shouldn't be surprised.  There are a lot of stupid people here.
Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#117  Edited By Tennmuerti

The really rich people know how to minimize taxes. So raising them will do fuck all.
There is an enormous industry that revolves around minimizing taxes for people who have money, I should know, I work in it.

Edit: Oh and also it seems the majority of people in this thread have no real understanding of modern day economics and taxation  systems.
LOL at everyone being taxed the same.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By l4wd0g

How about we tax everyone at a flat 20%. No Exceptions. Everyone Pays 20%.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By l4wd0g
@cjmabry said:

" Let's be honest, if you're a billionaire, you're not going to be any less-off with a couple million gone.   Example: You have 10 billion dollars sitting in a pot. Whenever you invest it or spend it on something, you take the money from the top of the pot and use it. Since you have soooooo much money, you're never gonna use the money at the bottom of the pot, because you'll never get there. Make sense? So why not tax the insanely rich a little more.  "

Let's punish the successful. Fantastic idea! They should pay for my education and my health care, my car, my home, and anything else I think I'm entitled to.  I can sit at home playing my Xbox.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#120  Edited By crusader8463

It depends. In this hypothetical situation that will never EVER happen, am I one of the rich or one of the poor? If I'm one of the poor, then fuck ya screw money bags I need me some money. If however I am one of the rich, then fuck off you filthy scum and leave my money alone. HISSSSS!!!!1!

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#121  Edited By Vinny_Says

That's how it works in Canada, and every person on here who claims this is a good idea would be on the other side of the argument if they were rich.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#122  Edited By JJWeatherman

Yes because I'm not rich.

Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Chirag4

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this logic.

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Detrian
@l4wd0g said:
" How about we tax everyone at a flat 20%. No Exceptions. Everyone Pays 20%. "
Because 20% is enough to make some people unable to afford a good standard of living you chimp. This is why the rich pay more, cause sending kids to school and eating at the same time doesn't make the family bankrupt.
AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By AngriGhandi
DID YOU KNOW? 
-The top marginal tax rate in America was as high as 77 percent during the 1960s and 70s.  Surprisingly, America did not collapse, explode, or turn into a Soviet wasteland during this time!   
DID YOU ALSO KNOW?
-The top marginal tax rate in America in 2011 is 35 percent. -This is the highest the marginal tax rate has ever been and if it increases America will be destroyed.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xeiphyer said:
---   Another answer: Don't increase taxes at all for anybody, instead restructure government spending to free up some of the tens of millions of wasted dollars every year.  It costs $20million dollars a year to keep the penny in circulation. Why don't we just fucking toss 'em  and maybe nickels too, and then just have all prices end in 0. Huge amount of money freed up, plus much easier for everyone as a result. Australia already does this. "
This. What is the point of giving the government more money if they can't spend it properly? That certainly wouldn't solve problems. Maybe before raising taxes you should look to where the current tax money goes. I think this is a bigger problem that needs to be solved before you should go tax the rich.
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By gamefreak9
@AngriGhandi said:
 if it increases America will be destroyed. "

Did you know that the average 1 per cent of the pop income has gone times 10 since the 1970s?  Yet the tax rate has decreased?? so I hope thats sarcasm?
TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#128  Edited By TehFlan

I think everyone should be taxed based on what they spend, and nothing else. People wouldn't be penalized for their success, but for how selfishly they used their success. That way, a rich guy that lives in a regular house and only lives on what he needs, giving the rest to charity/using it to help the community is taxed less than the rich guy buying a fleet of sports cars and living in a huge mansion and spending everything on himself. I think the problem with universally taxing everyone that makes more is that in some cases, they deserve the money they worked for.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By gamefreak9
@FiestaUnicorn said:

" @Korwin said:

"Increasing the level of taxation on higher income earners is one step in many, it is however necessary.  I'm Australian, I pay more percentage wise in tax than the top tax bracket in the US... and I'm not even at the top.  You people need to learn that taxes are a necessary evil, the cost of living in a successful western society.  It completely blows my mind when I see low income earners in the US actively supporting the idea of keeping the wealthy's taxes to a minimum, it's working against their own benefit. "
You shouldn't be surprised.  There are a lot of stupid people here. "
Korwin is right, we need the taxes, the government just can't help us when 1 per cent of the pop is holing 40 per cent of the economy's money in their bank accounts. Marginal propensity to consume just goes way  down after a certain point, the rich just fear losing their money and so they don't spend it and cripples the purpose of money which is to go around the economy in a circular manner. 

@MikeinSC:  
This is not about GDP rising or not, its about getting rid of the debt. 
nixatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By nixatron

if we tax the rich so heavily, arent people going to stop being rich then?

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By gamefreak9
@nixatron:  
As the video demonstrates, just literally giving a big 10 per cent on portfolio accounts will fix the crisis, will 10 per cent not make them rich anymore? i don't think so
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Red12b

yes,  

and make tax evasion a castrated offence 

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By gamefreak9
@TehFlan said:
" I think everyone should be taxed based on what they spend, and nothing else. People wouldn't be penalized for their success, but for how selfishly they used their success. That way, a rich guy that lives in a regular house and only lives on what he needs, giving the rest to charity/using it to help the community is taxed less than the rich guy buying a fleet of sports cars and living in a huge mansion and spending everything on himself. I think the problem with universally taxing everyone that makes more is that in some cases, they deserve the money they worked for. "
Thats a good thought but even the guys spending their stuff on cars and such are helping the economy, what does not help the economy is if they put it in bank accounts and just save it all. 
AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By AngriGhandi
@gamefreak9:  
What, didn't you know that low numbers and high numbers switched places in the year 1981? It's true-- it was part of the Illuminati's secret plan to bring about the New World Order by rendering sarcasm obsolete.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By iam3green

i don't think so. they get taxed more already. maybe if you were insanely rich that you don't know what to do with the money.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By gamefreak9
@AngriGhandi: i will take that as confirmation that you do think they should be taxed but... your odd
cjmabry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By cjmabry
@l4wd0g said:
" @cjmabry said:

" Let's be honest, if you're a billionaire, you're not going to be any less-off with a couple million gone.   Example: You have 10 billion dollars sitting in a pot. Whenever you invest it or spend it on something, you take the money from the top of the pot and use it. Since you have soooooo much money, you're never gonna use the money at the bottom of the pot, because you'll never get there. Make sense? So why not tax the insanely rich a little more.  "

Let's punish the successful. Fantastic idea! They should pay for my education and my health care, my car, my home, and anything else I think I'm entitled to.  I can sit at home playing my Xbox. "
If that's how you see it, then fine. But the top 2% won't ever touch most of their money. They have millions of dollars that'll never be used, while some families literally have nothing. But it's such a big deal to use that money that would have never seen the light of day otherwise to help some poverty ridden people. 

Society's thinking is way messed up imo. People think it's fine for other's to have loads of money that they'll never use, while so many people live in poverty.
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By gamefreak9
@Rockdalf said:
" @DeeGee said:

" @beej said:

" This is at the very least untrue depending on what values we choose to believe in. Let's presupose for a second that we're in america alright? Our democracy is founded on notions of freedom. However extreme poverty creates serious concerns for freedom, a person who has to spend their entire life trying to ensure basic necessities is hardly free to engage in what we consider to be basic rights (like education for example) look at the drop out rates in inner city high schools. Thus our commitment to freedom means that we may have to be in conflict with our other values (like not involving ourselves in other peoples lives) Thus it seems like our fundamental requirement to uphold freedom obligates us to tax the rich more in order to ensure basic necessities.  Another reason that I can throw out off the top of my head is that it's a basic belief that everyone in America gets to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, you get where you are by working hard. (I would argue that this is less true, but let's assume it's a truism for a second, and that therefore we value hard work)  This valuing of hard work seems to cause problems once again when it comes to extreme poverty, ignoring my claims that poverty prevents many individuals from self realizing, we can both agree that it can force an individual to have to work much harder than someone born into a life of privilege. Thus one persons work is valued less than another persons. If we want to claim that we value the work of everyone then we have to guarantee equal starting positions in life to an extent, therefore taxing the rich more is justifiable.  These are just two reasons I can put down right now.  "

You just described communism. Freedom is making people pay to support the poor? Freedom is everybody works equally and gets equal rewards? No, not at all. Freedom is exactly the opposite of everything you just said. Someone who has to spend their entire life trying to ensure basic necessitate is very free, FORCING rich people to pay for their education is not freedom at all. A truly free America will let a poor person die in the streets, because nobody is entitled to help anyone but themselves. Which isn't good, of course not. But that's what you get for being free. "
Except that within our Declaration of Independence it is stated that you have three inalienable rights, "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."  In fact, earlier versions included protections of properties, but Franklin believed property should be taxed to ensure the other three for all.  So I would say I disagree with your sentiment in a cold, ruthless America. "
I hate all this talk about "Thats American, and the American way is the way of freedom", who cares about Pride and ideology's why can't people see the matter in plain and clear clarity, what works... if the rich having their money in their bank account rotting destroys the circulation of money and cripples work for the remainder of the populace, then the system does not work... period... i hate how people pick on the government for spending, the government spend their money generously for egalitarianism. Stop bringing in pride or image. I think hard working people deserve a more secure lifestyle just as much as anybody else, however as hard work is not necessarily reflecting on income, but on choices, some of the things are not balanced, does anybody in the world really deserve to live over 1000000 times better than anyone else in the world? Its fine if rich people made like 10 times more money than your average joe, and spent 10 times more on bigger tv's, more luxurious cinema, traveling, bla bla, but they don't, they make so much more and yet spend a minimal amount of money. 
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Skytylz

Most of them earned it, they shouldn't be punished for being successful. 

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By l4wd0g
@cjmabry said:
" @l4wd0g said:
" @cjmabry said:

Let's punish the successful. Fantastic idea! They should pay for my education and my health care, my car, my home, and anything else I think I'm entitled to.  I can sit at home playing my Xbox. "
If that's how you see it, then fine. But the top 2% won't ever touch most of their money. They have millions of dollars that'll never be used, while some families literally have nothing. But it's such a big deal to use that money that would have never seen the light of day otherwise to help some poverty ridden people.  Society's thinking is way messed up imo. People think it's fine for other's to have loads of money that they'll never use, while so many people live in poverty. "
I understand, but the problem with that is that those you want to take more are the one who are giving sizable donations (millions of dollars) to charities every year. Will they continue to donate? Will they stay citizens if we make them pay more? There are serious questions when you talk about rasing people's taxes. 
gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By gamefreak9
@l4wd0g said:
" @cjmabry said:
" @l4wd0g said:
" @cjmabry said:

If that's how you see it, then fine. But the top 2% won't ever touch most of their money. They have millions of dollars that'll never be used, while some families literally have nothing. But it's such a big deal to use that money that would have never seen the light of day otherwise to help some poverty ridden people.  Society's thinking is way messed up imo. People think it's fine for other's to have loads of money that they'll never use, while so many people live in poverty. "
I understand, but the problem with that is that those you want to take more are the one who are giving sizable donations (millions of dollars) to charities every year. Will they continue to donate? Will they stay citizens if we make them pay more? There are serious questions when you talk about rasing people's taxes.  "
i recommend you pick up a tax guide book, they have to donate money to charity, or else they get it taxed, but they just donate it since that money gets them appraisal or sometimes the charity helps them out a little with their contacts. In other words, its lose alot more money, or lose a little less of that. Besides if they don't do it, the government can just take their money and donate it themselves. 
dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By dungbootle

Nope, that is called stealing

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By l4wd0g
@Detrian said:

" @l4wd0g said:

Because 20% is enough to make some people unable to afford a good standard of living you chimp. This is why the rich pay more, cause sending kids to school and eating at the same time doesn't make the family bankrupt. "
So what is a "good standard of living?" Just curious. It's a nice little emotion bearing phrase, but it doesn't really mean anything. Now let me explain what I mean. The words "Good," and "Standard" means change with each reader. My good standard of living is very different than yours. It's like what a politician says, " I believe in family values." Great  I'm sure Charles Manson has "family values," but they aren't my family values. Makes sense? 

Education is free. Until you reach college then you have to make financial choices: Join the military, take out student loans, work and attend classes. 

Life is all about choices isn't? You can chose how you spend you money. You don't need: A car, to live alone, have an Xbox, have a huge TV, have kids that you can't afford. 

I survived on $9,000 a year while going to college. I had roommates, I couldn't eat out, I couldn't have Starbucks, I couldn't have a monster TV. But, I could eat, I could pay for school, and I could drive a car with insurance. 

Thanks for calling me a chimp though, personal attacks always a great way of proving your point.
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Detrian
@l4wd0g said:
" @Detrian said:

" @l4wd0g said:

Because 20% is enough to make some people unable to afford a good standard of living you chimp. This is why the rich pay more, cause sending kids to school and eating at the same time doesn't make the family bankrupt. "
So what is a "good standard of living?" Just curious. It's a nice little emotion bearing phrase, but it doesn't really mean anything. Now let me explain what I mean. The words "Good," and "Standard" means change with each reader. My good standard of living is very different than yours. It's like what a politician says, " I believe in family values." Great  I'm sure Charles Manson has "family values," but they aren't my family values. Makes sense?    Education is free. Until you reach college then you have to make financial choices: Join the military, take out student loans, work and attend classes.    Life is all about choices isn't? You can chose how you spend you money. You don't need: A car, to live alone, have an Xbox, have a huge TV, have kids that you can't afford.    I survived on $9,000 a year while going to college. I had roommates, I couldn't eat out, I couldn't have Starbucks, I couldn't have a monster TV. But, I could eat, I could pay for school, and I could drive a car with insurance.   Thanks for calling me a chimp though, personal attacks always a great way of proving your point. "
The standard of living has a real, widely accepted definition you faux intellectual. Look it up and maybe I'll stop calling you names when you have an opinion based on more than your sob story.
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By keyhunter

Here in Canada the poor get taxed way less than us well to do types. I'm talking store clerks and broom pushers and shelf stockers. Meanwhile I work my ass off in the freezing cold and have to go to school to advance myself in the biz, and I'm losing half my paycheck. So what do I do?

I only work enough hours per year to stay barely just below the poverty line. I get a huge amount of my income taxes back, and then I sit around and collect unemployment insurance for 8 months.
Fuck you, Canadian government! I win!

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#146  Edited By alexl86

There aren't enough rich people for that to be the solution.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By gamefreak9
@alexl86 said:
" There aren't enough rich people for that to be the solution. "
does nobody watch the video i posted?
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#148  Edited By Geno

It's not quite so simple as some people are putting it as "they earned it, they deserve every penny". As a society we're all in it together, if there exists extremes of wealth and poverty then it is to the detriment of everyone. A person in extreme poverty will commit crime or end their lives (the latter reducing capital gain for the country and wasting all previous investments on that person). A person with extreme wealth will sequester most of that wealth from the economy and also hold unhealthy amounts of power over the lives of other people (see the God-Kings of Egypt or the nobility prior to the French Revolution).  

Additionally, a bit of a humanitarian aspect must be considered: are a person born into a homeless shelter and a person born into a privileged family, both with equal intelligence, equally likely to become successful? The answer is sadly, no. Did either of them have the choice of which socioeconomic position they'd be born into, or the sequence of their DNA? Also no. Life is not fair and nature is cruel, so as humans, measures should be taken such that the less fortunate can be helped by the more fortunate, otherwise we are no better than feral animals. 

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Tsoglani

The thing with capitalism is that it's only reserved for a select few to gain extreeme riches. As with most governments, there will continue to be a ''higher class''; those that run shit, and leave all the menial work to the poor- whatever floats your boat man, but we all saw what the fucking banks did to the world...

davidwitten22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By davidwitten22
@Detrian said:
" @l4wd0g said:
" @Detrian said:

" @l4wd0g said:

So what is a "good standard of living?" Just curious. It's a nice little emotion bearing phrase, but it doesn't really mean anything. Now let me explain what I mean. The words "Good," and "Standard" means change with each reader. My good standard of living is very different than yours. It's like what a politician says, " I believe in family values." Great  I'm sure Charles Manson has "family values," but they aren't my family values. Makes sense?    Education is free. Until you reach college then you have to make financial choices: Join the military, take out student loans, work and attend classes.    Life is all about choices isn't? You can chose how you spend you money. You don't need: A car, to live alone, have an Xbox, have a huge TV, have kids that you can't afford.    I survived on $9,000 a year while going to college. I had roommates, I couldn't eat out, I couldn't have Starbucks, I couldn't have a monster TV. But, I could eat, I could pay for school, and I could drive a car with insurance.   Thanks for calling me a chimp though, personal attacks always a great way of proving your point. "
The standard of living has a real, widely accepted definition you faux intellectual. Look it up and maybe I'll stop calling you names when you have an opinion based on more than your sob story. "
You are an incredible dick. Also, your ideologies are flawed and grossly one-sided.