Should you see Angels and Demons?

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By AthleticShark

Well I just came back from watching this movie with my Dad, and I must say it was damn good. Now I was a fan of the Da Vinci Code and though sadly I have not yet read the books, both movies have wanted me to read them. Now people hated (or some I should say) the Da Vinci Code. I guess it was boring, but it intrigued me with all the history and symbolism and all that good stuff. Of course I am into that so to someone who doesn't like that, well I guess that is why it is boring. Angels and Demons though is a little easier on that. What I mean is, is that Angels and Demons is much faster paced and not as technical per say. It is a good thriller with a lot of religious stuff, but it is all really good and makes you wonder about things. Basically the movie is about the Church VS. Science and technology.

I could go into details like so many people do with acting or script or whatever, but why bother. Tom Hanks is good as always and the dialogue was like any other movie to me. It was good and very informative. The story was good, close to the book I assume. I honestly can't wait for another one, that will be a while though because the third book doesn't come out until September.

So should you see this movie? Well if you liked the context of the Da Vinci Code, then yes you should. If you like a good thriller/mystery, then yes you should. If you expect a lot of action, then this is not the movie for you. There is only one slow part, otherwise though it really did keep my attention and I really didn't know who the "bad guy" was until the very end, unlike most movies when you can usually figure it out.

So should you see this movie in theaters or rent it? Well if you have the money, see it in theaters. If you wait for video, the movie will still be good, but it is just more exciting on the big screen. If you are waiting for Terminator, well put it this way. 10 bucks for a 1 and a half hour movie, or 10 bucks for a 2 hours and 20 minute movie.
Of course some people like shorter films, but if you want your moneys worth see Angels and Demons. Terminator will be good, but if you want a really good story and if you want your moneys worth, see it.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AthleticShark

Well I just came back from watching this movie with my Dad, and I must say it was damn good. Now I was a fan of the Da Vinci Code and though sadly I have not yet read the books, both movies have wanted me to read them. Now people hated (or some I should say) the Da Vinci Code. I guess it was boring, but it intrigued me with all the history and symbolism and all that good stuff. Of course I am into that so to someone who doesn't like that, well I guess that is why it is boring. Angels and Demons though is a little easier on that. What I mean is, is that Angels and Demons is much faster paced and not as technical per say. It is a good thriller with a lot of religious stuff, but it is all really good and makes you wonder about things. Basically the movie is about the Church VS. Science and technology.

I could go into details like so many people do with acting or script or whatever, but why bother. Tom Hanks is good as always and the dialogue was like any other movie to me. It was good and very informative. The story was good, close to the book I assume. I honestly can't wait for another one, that will be a while though because the third book doesn't come out until September.

So should you see this movie? Well if you liked the context of the Da Vinci Code, then yes you should. If you like a good thriller/mystery, then yes you should. If you expect a lot of action, then this is not the movie for you. There is only one slow part, otherwise though it really did keep my attention and I really didn't know who the "bad guy" was until the very end, unlike most movies when you can usually figure it out.

So should you see this movie in theaters or rent it? Well if you have the money, see it in theaters. If you wait for video, the movie will still be good, but it is just more exciting on the big screen. If you are waiting for Terminator, well put it this way. 10 bucks for a 1 and a half hour movie, or 10 bucks for a 2 hours and 20 minute movie.
Of course some people like shorter films, but if you want your moneys worth see Angels and Demons. Terminator will be good, but if you want a really good story and if you want your moneys worth, see it.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Despite the negative reviews the movie has been getting I'll still probably see it (some people I know are really hyped about it). Though I was surprised that it took #1 at the box office and beat Star Trek.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond

I read the books, never saw either of the movies.  The books read like Hollywood movies.

One particular note that bothered me in the books.  The book has the CERN director claiming they invented the net, and some bullshit about how it wasn't invented in America.  CERN did a lot of the world toward the WORLD WIDE WEB, not the internet itself, which was an American military invention.  The WWW includes stuff like HTML and websites, some people think that's all the net is.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By maxszy
Everyones_A_Critic said:
Despite the negative reviews the movie has been getting I'll still probably see it (some people I know are really ... [more]
I think the negative reviews are too harsh. But then again, a lot of times critics are way too full of themselves anyway I feel. They care about every nit picky little thing where as myself, as an average movie goer, could care less about a lot of shit they complain about.

Angels and Demons is well worth your time and money. Its an enjoyable, entertaining movie.
SikhCuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SikhCuz

so its good?

5zigen Sports Engine
5zigen Sports Engine

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AthleticShark
@Maxszy: I completely agree. I hate when my friend says he doesn't want to see a movie just because a critic said it was bad. Mos critics only like Indie movies for who knows why. Look at the Awards, Slumdog Millionaire? Really?

Either way its sad the movie critic and game critic business has such a big following in the way that if they say it, most people will believe it without having their own opinions.
maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By maxszy
HellBound said:
@Maxszy: I completely agree. I hate when my friend says he doesn't want to see a movie just because a ... [more]
That is so true. Sometimes you just got to take the plunge and find out for yourself.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TwoOneFive

if you haven't seen star trek yet, i'd say you'd be much better off seeing that instead. you get a lot more out of  you 10 bucks and a 2 hour+ movie that way. Star Trek has got to be one of the biggest surprises in cinema history!