simulating the zombie apocolypse

kaaaaaaahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By kaaaaaaahn

yeah im a nerd. so i have been joking with my friends about who would survive longer in a zombie apocolypse. my friend said he would brings some canned goods and non parishables. i said i would goto a small store like a convinience store(one without automatic doors) and bring a rifle or somthing. who do you think would last longer. 

me- gabe 
my friend- Ryan 

no me and him do not do this ll the time. it started while we were playing left 4 dead

kaaaaaaahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By kaaaaaaahn

yeah im a nerd. so i have been joking with my friends about who would survive longer in a zombie apocolypse. my friend said he would brings some canned goods and non parishables. i said i would goto a small store like a convinience store(one without automatic doors) and bring a rifle or somthing. who do you think would last longer. 

me- gabe 
my friend- Ryan 

no me and him do not do this ll the time. it started while we were playing left 4 dead

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Ryan would starve to death while you simultaneously shoot yourself by accident.

kaaaaaaahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kaaaaaaahn
@Abyssfull said:
" Ryan would starve to death while you simultaneously shoot yourself by accident. "
yes probbably 
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

I always had the idea of building a underground house with windows to the dirt, and taking refuge there. If a zombie apocalypse happened i would something like that. Yeah i'm weird. :p

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Daveyo520

My college had a fake zombie apocolyoses thingy with nerf guns. 

Also Ryan would so win.

Jesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Jesus

I would win.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kishan6

bill would win

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By mikemcn

Neither, a convenience store is a terrible place to hole up, too much glass that can break and leave you vulnerable, and if the zombies can see you they well come for you. Also, stores like that are in populated areas where there would be a higher number of infected people. 60 percent of the food that is non perishble there is not balanced nutrition wise (Candies, boxed/canned foods high in empty calories) , and a vitamin deficiency, or lack of protein will make you weak in the event of an emergency. You need to find a place that has everything you need to stay on top of your game for years to come.

Your friend is right in collecting food, but if that's his only plan hes not really prepared. Hell yes i've thought about this, your best bet for survival? A ski resort/cabin in the mountains.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By StarFoxA
@Mikemcn: What if you're attacked by Nazi zombies in said ski resort?
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By penguindust

The University of Florida publishes a Zombie Preparedness Guide.  PDF 

And, I know that some city conducted a disaster preparedness plan like they would for earthquakes, storms or anything other event but one year they simulated a zombie attack to see how the system would function (EMS, Fire, Police, Dispatch, City Gov't. etc...) under pressure. 

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mikemcn
@dudeglove said:
" @Mikemcn said:
" Neither, a convenience store is a terrible place to hole up, too much glass that can break and leave you vulnerable, and if the zombies can see you they well come for you. Also, stores like that are in populated areas where there would be a higher number of infected people. 60 percent of the food that is non perishble there is not balanced nutrition wise (Candies, boxed/canned foods high in empty calories) , and a vitamin deficiency, or lack of protein will make you weak in the event of an emergency. You need to find a place that has everything you need to stay on top of your game for years to come.  Your friend is right in collecting food, but if that's his only plan hes not really prepared. Hell yes i've thought about this, your best bet for survival? A ski resort/cabin in the mountains. "
BUT WHAT ABOUT ZOMBIE GRIZZLY BEARS? "
Don't be stupid, zombie grizzly bears only eat honey. 

@StarFoxA said:
" @Mikemcn: What if you're attacked by Nazi zombies in said ski resort? "

Hit x to knife.
Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Arbie
I think you're only chance of survival is having a pocket sized @Mikemcn:!

You're friend has no weapons apart from maybe some tins to whack them pesky zibzobs over the head with and you're in a store that's probably got windows for walls! Maybe you'd hold out a bit longer with your rifle, and you always have something to turn on yourself with should they start breaking in! But we ain't quitters here are we? No!
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Emilio

I think your friend would. I Mean, you're basically gonna do what mostly everybody not ready for a Zombie Apocalypse would do. 
That is "Rush towards the nearest place with food and water".... "with a gun". 

If you'd really like to survive the apocalypse, I would suggest you stock up on canned foods now, and have a whole medical kit/survival kit ready. 

You know, the kind that you would use during... say, an earthquake or something.

kaaaaaaahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kaaaaaaahn

hmm i guess instead i would just get alot of non parishables and go back to my house. i know all the exits and entrances so it would be easy to protect.  

ps. never go to hospitals because bite victims will come there for help

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mikemcn
@Erzs said:

" I think you're only chance of survival is having a pocket sized @Mikemcn:!  You're friend has no weapons apart from maybe some tins to whack them pesky zibzobs over the head with and you're in a store that's probably got windows for walls! Maybe you'd hold out a bit longer with your rifle, and you always have something to turn on yourself with should they start breaking in! But we ain't quitters here are we? No! "

The traveler's edition of Mikemcn's Zombie survival guide hasn't left the publisher yet. Expect it Q1 of 2011 lol.
Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Organicalistic_
@Jeust said:

" I always had the idea of building a underground house with windows to the dirt, and taking refuge there. If a zombie apocalypse happened i would something like that. Yeah i'm weird. :p "

when i was 9 i heard about nuclear bombs,  so when my mom was at work i dug a good half of our yard up as a nuclear shelter, i even called concrete guys to as how much it would cost, they just lol'd, and i got super pissed, when my mom got home she was
Rehehelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Rehehelly

I spent a loottt of my childhood planning for a zombie apocalypse. I blame all the zombie movies. 

However, since I live by the sea I have come up with a genius plan. There are forts in the Solent (the water between portsmouth & the isle of wight). Steal me some guns from somewhere (yeah... Guns & england, but there is a gun shop around so..). A load of canned and non perishable food, get a boat and live on a fort. 

Gotta have a few things though, fishing rods and supplies for that are necessary. GOTTA GET THAT PROTEIN!  

Zombies can't swim, right? I've seen them walk underwater but never swim, so i'm assuming they can't go through deep sea water. Nor climb the ladder to get into the fort.  
I'd win. 

Defias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Defias
@Mikemcn said:
" Neither, a convenience store is a terrible place to hole up, too much glass that can break and leave you vulnerable, and if the zombies can see you they well come for you. Also, stores like that are in populated areas where there would be a higher number of infected people. 60 percent of the food that is non perishble there is not balanced nutrition wise (Candies, boxed/canned foods high in empty calories) , and a vitamin deficiency, or lack of protein will make you weak in the event of an emergency. You need to find a place that has everything you need to stay on top of your game for years to come.  Your friend is right in collecting food, but if that's his only plan hes not really prepared. Hell yes i've thought about this, your best bet for survival? A ski resort/cabin in the mountains. "
This plus in this chaos looting would ensue and stores will be looted, your defense integrity would be destroyed by looters or zombies either may kill you.
Defias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Defias
@kaaaaaaahn said:

" hmm i guess instead i would just get alot of non parishables and go back to my house. i know all the exits and entrances so it would be easy to protect.   ps. never go to hospitals because bite victims will come there for help "

Is your house single story? Because a 2 story house would be ideal as you could break your staircase
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By c1337us

Grocery store is a shitty idea. Lots of infected and will also attract attention of non infected as well who are likely to fuck your shit up. Also convenience stores aren't that hard to break into. Your going down son.