Sleep Paralysis

ganjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ganjaman

Do anybody here have this "problem".  Im not sure whether or not to classify this "phenomenon" as  a "problem" but i do experience this frequently.  Sometimes its pretty damn scary. Just interested in hearing other people's experiences.

P.S, please share in detail i really am interested in this....really!

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By tec3297

When you are in deep rem sleep, you are put in a "sleep paralysis"  many people will wake up during this and classify it as an other worldly experience with an alien life form.  Go look up the documentary UFO's: Fact or Fiction.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By epic_pets

When you wake up and cant move?

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Wolverine

That has never happened to me but it sounds scary though.

ganjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ganjaman

Well for me, the most recent one was about 5 days ago.   I slept over my friend's house along with another person after a night of drinking.  As i was sleeping i felt as if i was slowly waking up.  I realized i couldn't move nor speak and i had a hard time breathing.  At first i thought that this was no unlike the other times i experienced this so i relaxed myself and waited till it passed.  The wierd thing was, i would occasionally "break free" of this and be fully awake, body and mind, for like a few seconds.  Then suddenly i would lose feeling in my body again and be unable to move.  It might have had something to do with the exhaustion caused by alcohol.  I was stuck in this one for quite a while however and i began to panic.  And i swear to God i swear it, but i saw a huge figure walking around the room and touching me and staring at me.  I cannot stress how much i swear on that part because i nearly cried and i was freaking out like never before.  When i came to finally, everything was normal.   All i felt was the tingling sensation from what i think was just pure panic.  

That was by far the scariest thing thats ever happened to me.  Once again i am not exaggerating this story one bit.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By NathHaw

For years now I've experienced sleep paralysis.  It's certainly a scary event.  Over time I've learned to understand the event and deal with it. 

Before I somewhat understood of what sleep paralysis consists, I often awoke in frightened fits.  My experiences included visions of demons or aliens.  I usually think that people who claim alien abductions are experiencing what I did at one time. 

Sleep paralysis is something altogether different , confusing, and scarier than most have experienced.

Yes, to those who've not experienced it,  it's that strange.

ganjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ganjaman

I also would like to add that for me, i would usually pray like my life depended on it and it usually calms me down a bit and i feel like it helps me break free better.

dreamachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By dreamachine

ive had it a few times, nothing lately though and its only happened about 4/5 times in the last year and never before. usually end up screaming [whether i want to or not] to wake myself up out of it
oh & the shadow people are fucking freaky

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By epic_pets

Yea Its very scary indeed, some times im struggling to get it for like 4 minutes

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By lucas_kelly

Never happened to me and I hope it never does.

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Batman
Thomas said:
"When you are in deep rem sleep, you are put in a "sleep paralysis"  many people will wake up during this and classify it as an other worldly experience with an alien life form.  Go look up the documentary UFO's: Fact or Fiction.
"
I was just watching a show on the History Channel about this like 5 minutes ago.  And no I've never had sleep paralysis, but I want to.  I think it'd be a cool feeling.
EDIT: Ok I take that back.  I don't want to experience it.  After reading some of you guy's posts you all say something about a figure appearing, that'd be scary as hell.  I thought it was just waking up and not being able to move.
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By Termite

My mother told me she had it on multiple occasions. Then her mother thought she was possesed by a demon and called a priest ( I'm not joking, it's a shinto thing here in Japan )

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13  Edited By OGCartman

Aww thats happend a few times to me
Not fun =(

Disclaim3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Disclaim3r

It's happened to my mother on a few occasions, but she's never mentioned seeing "things". Sounds like pretty scary stuff.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By adam_grif

Sleep Paralysis happens to every human on the planet, it's just that most people aren't awake for it. Basically, during REM sleep, your brain is almost fully active. The most vivid and easily remembered dreams happen in REM sleep for this reason. However, when you move in dreams, you actually fire real neural impulses, and the only thing that keeps you from acting out your dreams is this paralysis.

When the paralysis fails, sleep-walking and such similar conditions occur.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By RVonE
adam_grif said:
"Sleep Paralysis happens to every human on the planet, it's just that most people aren't awake for it. Basically, during REM sleep, your brain is almost fully active. The most vivid and easily remembered dreams happen in REM sleep for this reason. However, when you move in dreams, you actually fire real neural impulses, and the only thing that keeps you from acting out your dreams is this paralysis.

When the paralysis fails, sleep-walking and such similar conditions occur.
"
Yes, however, sleep paralysis in the context of this thread means to be awake while experiencing this paralysis. This makes for an entirely different experience. Also, it is often accompanied by this frightening experience involving some sort of presence like some of the users wrote above.