Smallville Season Finale - Doomsday VS Clark (Directors Cut Film)

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By LiquidPrince

Oh, this is just a whole new level of awesome. I can't wait until Doomsday and everything else have all their visual effects shots!

TRAILER

TOMORROW IS THE DAY YOU DIE WEBCLIP

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LiquidPrince

Oh, this is just a whole new level of awesome. I can't wait until Doomsday and everything else have all their visual effects shots!

TRAILER

TOMORROW IS THE DAY YOU DIE WEBCLIP

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

"An error occurred, please try again later."

Yeah, no SHIT an error occurred - Doomsday is on Smallville!!!  WTF?!?!?!?!
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By the8bitNacho

This show is still on? 

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By thegoldencat7

I don't know much about the comic books but I know Doomsday was like the big cheese. Not a buffy style rubber monster.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool
Kombat said:
"This show is still on?  "
I stopped after series 2 I think.  It was okay, but it couldn't maintain my interest.  I am surprised it lasted as long as it did.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince
jakob187 said:
""An error occurred, please try again later."

Yeah, no SHIT an error occurred - Doomsday is on Smallville!!!  WTF?!?!?!?!
"
Fixed. Video will change your mind.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jakob187
LiquidPrince said:
"jakob187 said:

Yeah, no SHIT an error occurred - Doomsday is on Smallville!!!  WTF?!?!?!?!"
Fixed. Video will change your mind."
Doomsday is supposed to     KILL     SUPERMAN!!!!  That was the point of him coming into the comics!!!  Therefore, if he is in it for ANY OTHER REASON, Smallville can fuck right off.  Sorry.  You know I'm a fan of the series, but putting Doomsday in it pushed my nerd rage over the edge.  I could deal with all the other atrocious shit they did on that show (like creating Chloe Sullivan out of thin fucking air...or how they half-assed their way on the JLA stuff...or even how they pitifully worked Lex Luthor up to his super-bad-guy status without making him go super loopy loco).  This, however...this is too much.

So unless they are going to have Clark Kent die before he ever even fucking becomes Superman.............then no.  Just no.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By c1337us

Good one you pushed his nerd rage over the edge. Whose going to clean up the mess?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince
jakob187 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"jakob187 said:

Yeah, no SHIT an error occurred - Doomsday is on Smallville!!!  WTF?!?!?!?!"
Fixed. Video will change your mind."
Doomsday is supposed to     KILL     SUPERMAN!!!!  That was the point of him coming into the comics!!!  Therefore, if he is in it for ANY OTHER REASON, Smallville can fuck right off.  Sorry.  You know I'm a fan of the series, but putting Doomsday in it pushed my nerd rage over the edge.  I could deal with all the other atrocious shit they did on that show (like creating Chloe Sullivan out of thin fucking air...or how they half-assed their way on the JLA stuff...or even how they pitifully worked Lex Luthor up to his super-bad-guy status without making him go super loopy loco).  This, however...this is too much.

So unless they are going to have Clark Kent die before he ever even fucking becomes Superman.............then no.  Just no.
"
Clark dies and comes back to life in the comics, so it ain't that big of a deal buddy. Also, how the fuck can you just expect them to recycle the EXACT same story from the comics. That would be boring as shit. Smallville is a re imagining, and Doomsday is no longer the paper thin villain.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By c1337us

*face palm* Now you started it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiquidPrince

Anyways, I posted the trailer to. I'm excited for this episode =)

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By c1337us

Actually I have never seen any episode from the entire series so I'll taje your word for it.

And there is a suspicious lack of respose from Jakob187 here to your slanderous comment.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

Its not like he honestly needs to even comment again when hes right from the start.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By LiquidPrince
c1337us said:
"Actually I have never seen any episode from the entire series so I'll taje your word for it. And there is a suspicious lack of respose from Jakob187 here to your slanderous comment. "
I think you misunderstand. I didn't mean the comics were boring as shit, I meant that if there was nothing new and we knew exactly how the plot was going to develop it would be boring as shit. The show is really for people who wanted a reimagining of superman and it succeeded. I love the show, as do many others. Maybe you will watch it someday and get into it. After season 3, stuff becomes awesome!
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By c1337us

Its Ok I understood just fine I guess I am in a combative mood today. As for watching the show. I dont know maybe, I have heard good things but the ship has probably sailed on that one for me. Both my sisters watch it al the time and tell me what I am missing out on.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince
c1337us said:
" Its Ok I understood just fine I guess I am in a combative mood today. As for watching the show. I dont know maybe, I have heard good things but the ship has probably sailed on that one for me. Both my sisters watch it al the time and tell me what I am missing out on."
Hey, it's never too late. Go out and buy the cheap season sets and just have a marathon during the summer, like I did way back. It's esspecially awesome when everyone's sleeping and you're sitting in the dark, waiting to see what happens next.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakob187
LiquidPrince said:
"Clark dies and comes back to life in the comics, so it ain't that big of a deal buddy. Also, how the fuck can you just expect them to recycle the EXACT same story from the comics. That would be boring as shit. Smallville is a re imagining, and Doomsday is no longer the paper thin villain. "
No.  SUPERMAN dies.  There is no Superman in Smallville - only Clark Kent.  It's about fucking up the continuity of the mythos more than anything.  Also, Doomsday was more than a paper thin villain.  After the Death of Superman, there was a lot of work to flesh out the character, and he's a damn good character in the Superman universe.  Therefore, it feels like a major injustice to the comic books to do something like this for the sake of "well, we ran out of storylines".  BULLSHIT!  There are plenty of other directions they can take this stuff, but since Kristin left the show as well as Michael, they are just grasping at short straws now.

I remember when the death of Superman happened.  This was not some small piddly thing.  This was a major pop culture event.  This was shit that was being reported on NBC Nightly News.  This was something that had people clinging to comic book stores to get ahold of the comics.  This was causing people to cry!!!  People were having nervous breakdowns over it.  I remember when I was in school and Dale Kietzman, had found out about this, and it tore him apart.  THIS WAS MASSIVE!!!  To turn something this huge into something so weak is just a damn shame.

I don't know how familiar you are with the comics, and personally...I fucking hate Superman as a character...which is why I love the Death of Superman story arc.  I got to see this big indestructable fuckwad get demolished (only for it to turn out he was in suspended animation...fucking horseshit).  Despite all this, I have a decent enough versing in the comics to know how much bullshit this is...and given that it is one of my all-time favorite story arcs in comics (again, despite how much I loathe Superman), it's something that just brings out the nerd rage in me.

You know, the same way that X-Men Origins: Wolverine does...
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By c1337us

And there we go. Hang on I'll grab a mop and bucket ;-)

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LiquidPrince
jakob187 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Clark dies and comes back to life in the comics, so it ain't that big of a deal buddy. Also, how the fuck can you just expect them to recycle the EXACT same story from the comics. That would be boring as shit. Smallville is a re imagining, and Doomsday is no longer the paper thin villain. "
No.  SUPERMAN dies.  There is no Superman in Smallville - only Clark Kent.  It's about fucking up the continuity of the mythos more than anything.  Also, Doomsday was more than a paper thin villain.  After the Death of Superman, there was a lot of work to flesh out the character, and he's a damn good character in the Superman universe.  Therefore, it feels like a major injustice to the comic books to do something like this for the sake of "well, we ran out of storylines".  BULLSHIT!  There are plenty of other directions they can take this stuff, but since Kristin left the show as well as Michael, they are just grasping at short straws now."
Superman is Clark. Why do you separate the two... There is no more continuity in line with the old comics. Smallville has it's own continuity and Doomsday only stopped being a paper thin villain when they merged him with Brainiac. Also both actors can return if needed. Michael even said he would return for the series finale.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Jayge_

This all got way too convoluted to me after the second season. I watched a bit of it recently and couldn't believe how ridiculous it seemed. They should probably make this a series finale :-/

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince
Jayge said:
"This all got way too convoluted to me after the second season. I watched a bit of it recently and couldn't believe how ridiculous it seemed. They should probably make this a series finale :-/"
It's been renewed for a ninth season actually.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_
LiquidPrince said:
"Jayge said:
"This all got way too convoluted to me after the second season. I watched a bit of it recently and couldn't believe how ridiculous it seemed. They should probably make this a series finale :-/"
It's been renewed for a ninth season actually."
That's too bad. :-(
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jakob187
LiquidPrince said:
"Superman is Clark. Why do you separate the two... There is no more continuity in line with the old comics. Smallville has it's own continuity and Doomsday only stopped being a paper thin villain when they merged him with Brainiac. Also both actors can return if needed. Michael even said he would return for the series finale."
/facepalm

The point is that when Superman/Clark is killed in the comics, he's SUPERMAN!  In Smallville, he hasn't even become Superman yet, right?  So...again...Doomsday kills SUPERMAN, not Clark Kent.  Yes, I'm aware they are the same person...but...

*ugh*  I don't know.  It's just fucked up and wrong in my eyes.  It's raping the very ideal of what was created and why Superman had to die in the first place.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LiquidPrince
Jayge said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Jayge said:
"
For you.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pause422
Jayge said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Jayge said:
"
Yeah, they probably should of ended the show entirely a long time ago. Wanting something to go on and on is the biggest mistake, it can and has made so many good shows go to shit and be not worth watching after they had a real good run(of course not referring to this show)
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LiquidPrince
pause422 said:
"Jayge said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"Jayge said:
"
Yeah, they probably should of ended the show entirely a long time ago. Wanting something to go on and on is the biggest mistake, it can and has made so many good shows go to shit and be not worth watching after they had a real good run(of course not referring to this show)"
The difference, in my opinion, is that the show is still going strong. This season has also been hailed as one of the best in the series, which is saying a lot. Anywas, I'm not here to argue who does and does not like Smallville. I was just wanting to have a little discussion based on the directors cut because I'm pretty excited for this episode.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By Kazona

Color me excited

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By penguindust

I watched one episode at the beginning of the season and stopped right there.  I'd been a big fan of the series but after losing both Kents, Lionel and Lex, I wondered what reason was left to continue.  The show had been on for seven seasons, too and in that time Heroes and Battlestar Galactica had come along to up the ante on geek drama.  But just after the holidays, I tuned in again and was surprised by what I saw.  The show was actually interesting again.  I've been hooked on the show again and tune in each week.  I didn't think they'd do a 9th season, but they are and I'm curious to see where it goes.  I do hope that is the final one though because nine years and still "no tights no flight" is a bit hard for me to accept.  Obviously, Smallville has its own version of the Superman mythos just as the movies and previous series like Lois & Clark or the Paul Dini animated series did.  I'm okay with that because it keeps me guessing where they are going to go.  If I knew exactly what was going to happen based off the comics (which also have multiple versions of Clark's teenage years) then where would the surprises come from?  Anyway, I don't know how the season will end, but if Clark dies maybe the season will start with the appearance of 4 new Clarks.  HA!  I'd also like to see the return of the Legion of Superheroes which was my favorite episode this year.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ninjakiller

The show is mucking around in established mythos and just taking hodegepodge from future continuity and calling it superman's past.  I knew it was going to be fucking retarded when Lois Lane showed up.  

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KaosAngel

I'm so confused.  I never saw the show, BUT even I know Superman doesn't fight Doomsday UNTIL he's an adult.  WTF is this?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By LiquidPrince
ninjakiller said:
"The show is mucking around in established mythos and just taking hodegepodge from future continuity and calling it superman's past.  I knew it was going to be fucking retarded when Lois Lane showed up.   "
The mythology is ground work and a basis for the stories. It's however a reimagining and can do what it wants. Personally I like this because it has become far less predictable.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By LiquidPrince

Added the webclip. Seems the Legion is going to have a bigger part then I thought.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jakob187
LiquidPrince said:
"ninjakiller said:
"The show is mucking around in established mythos and just taking hodegepodge from future continuity and calling it superman's past.  I knew it was going to be fucking retarded when Lois Lane showed up.   "
The mythology is ground work and a basis for the stories. It's however a reimagining and can do what it wants. Personally I like this because it has become far less predictable."
Right, but you still don't understand.  Having Doomsday fight Clark Kent before Superman has become an established and known hero in the Superman universe would be like saying Poseidon is the God of Earth.  =  /  It's fucking with stuff that shouldn't be fucked with.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince
jakob187 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"ninjakiller said:
The mythology is ground work and a basis for the stories. It's however a reimagining and can do what it wants. Personally I like this because it has become far less predictable."
Right, but you still don't understand.  Having Doomsday fight Clark Kent before Superman has become an established and known hero in the Superman universe would be like saying Poseidon is the God of Earth.  =  /  It's fucking with stuff that shouldn't be fucked with."
Well, I'm not here to argue. Hopefully you can enjoy it for what it is.
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By the8bitNacho
LiquidPrince said:
"jakob187 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"ninjakiller said:
Right, but you still don't understand.  Having Doomsday fight Clark Kent before Superman has become an established and known hero in the Superman universe would be like saying Poseidon is the God of Earth.  =  /  It's fucking with stuff that shouldn't be fucked with."
Well, I'm not here to argue. Hopefully you can enjoy it for what it is. "
A good show that rapidly morphed into an abomination after the third season?
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LiquidPrince
Kombat said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"jakob187 said:
"LiquidPrince said:
"ninjakiller said:
Well, I'm not here to argue. Hopefully you can enjoy it for what it is. "
A good show that rapidly morphed into an abomination after the third season?"
In your opinion. In mine, and many others is got progressively better the further it went on.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CL60

Who the fuck cares if it is different the the original story. Jesus fuck, god forbid anything changes things around so we don't know exactly whats going to happen constantly.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By penguindust
LiquidPrince said:
"Added the webclip. Seems the Legion is going to have a bigger part then I thought."
More Legion of Superheroes? Woo-hoo, I'm in.

jakob187 said:
Meh, there are so many versions of Clark's past in the old comics, I don't get worked up over this one being different.  Think of it as this is Clark Kent of Earth-142. 
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LiquidPrince
CL60 said:
"Who the fuck cares if it is different the the original story. Jesus fuck, god forbid anything changes things around so we don't know exactly whats going to happen constantly. "
That is what I have been saying.
NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NukeGoBoom

That is such a shitty show for teenage girls who dont know know shit about superman and treat is just another cheap drama.And it has Superman so we nerds wach it...
I watched 1 episode and somebody ate like radioactive strider gum and became a superhero.Re-imagening my ass.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jakob187
LiquidPrince said:
"CL60 said:
"Who the fuck cares if it is different the the original story. Jesus fuck, god forbid anything changes things around so we don't know exactly whats going to happen constantly. "
That is what I have been saying."
I get it.  I just think it's stupid and disrespectful to such a massive event in pop culture history.  That's all.

Kombat said:
"A good show that rapidly morphed into an abomination after the third season?"
I can agree with this on some levels.  After the 100th episode, maybe 105th or so...my interest...I don't know.  It was still there because I wanted to see where they were going, but I found myself less and less saying "fuck yeah, I can't wait for the next episode".  Introducing Bizarro was something pretty cool to me, but they didn't play it up NEARLY enough.  The show has tons of faults (aside from just being a superhero drama with elements of Dawson's Creek thrown in).

I'm glad that they got out of the mold of doing "hey, here's a new meteor freak" for each episode.  Nonetheless, I think they just started packing too many storylines in at once, and it seriously became a bit of a muddled mess.

Don't get me wrong, Liquid.  I still wanna see the new season.  I'm still a fan of Smallville.  It just pisses me off that they are disgracing such an incredible event in comic book history by "re-imagining" it.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By LiquidPrince
jakob187 said:
"Don't get me wrong, Liquid.  I still wanna see the new season.  I'm still a fan of Smallville.  It just pisses me off that they are disgracing such an incredible event in comic book history by "re-imagining" it."
It is cool in its own respect though right?