Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

They're these tiny little beads that you can iron together to make cool little pendants and stuff. Just buy a box that has the beads, the wax paper and the pegboard, have an iron and you're good to go! Why am I writing this on Giantbomb? Well I figured I'd show you some of the stuff you can make with them!

Her Stuff

No Caption Provided

I didn't know what perler beads were until my girlfriend showed me and I thought it sounded way too difficult. So we ended up at Michael's one day, she showed me how to do it and now I make them pretty often. I've made her ten things so far from the Purple Tentacle from Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle, to a flower.

The hardest one by far was the Purple Tentacle just due to its size and well, it was the first one I made. Probably wasn't the best idea I had to have the biggest be the first but it turned out okay! I do have more ideas for stuff I'm going to make her, but knowing she's going to read this I'm not going to say!

My Stuff

No Caption Provided

I made the Headcrab, Metroid and Meat Boy but she made my Akuma and gave it to me on my birthday. It's still by far my favorite perler bead thing I have not only because it's the best looking one, but also because she made it herself. She knew I used Akuma in Super Street Fighter IV, took that idea and ran with it and that was the result, it makes me all excited all over again when I see it, she makes some pretty amazing stuff and I hope she comments back with stuff she's done.

So!

No Caption Provided

That's the card she made me for my birthday too, thought some people might like it too! It's always the best to receive things that people themselves made and I still love my gifts from my birthday and before then. So people if you find yourself bored and looking for a way to spend time doing something fun, look into perler bead art, it's pretty cool.

OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

They're these tiny little beads that you can iron together to make cool little pendants and stuff. Just buy a box that has the beads, the wax paper and the pegboard, have an iron and you're good to go! Why am I writing this on Giantbomb? Well I figured I'd show you some of the stuff you can make with them!

Her Stuff

No Caption Provided

I didn't know what perler beads were until my girlfriend showed me and I thought it sounded way too difficult. So we ended up at Michael's one day, she showed me how to do it and now I make them pretty often. I've made her ten things so far from the Purple Tentacle from Maniac Mansion/Day of the Tentacle, to a flower.

The hardest one by far was the Purple Tentacle just due to its size and well, it was the first one I made. Probably wasn't the best idea I had to have the biggest be the first but it turned out okay! I do have more ideas for stuff I'm going to make her, but knowing she's going to read this I'm not going to say!

My Stuff

No Caption Provided

I made the Headcrab, Metroid and Meat Boy but she made my Akuma and gave it to me on my birthday. It's still by far my favorite perler bead thing I have not only because it's the best looking one, but also because she made it herself. She knew I used Akuma in Super Street Fighter IV, took that idea and ran with it and that was the result, it makes me all excited all over again when I see it, she makes some pretty amazing stuff and I hope she comments back with stuff she's done.

So!

No Caption Provided

That's the card she made me for my birthday too, thought some people might like it too! It's always the best to receive things that people themselves made and I still love my gifts from my birthday and before then. So people if you find yourself bored and looking for a way to spend time doing something fun, look into perler bead art, it's pretty cool.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By JCTango

Looks pretty cool - kinda like those 8-bit inspired physical artworks on the streets.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SexyToad

Those look awesome. Now I want to make some... Where can I get them?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your girlfriend is quiet talented. -is jealous- My girlfriend doesn't make anything like that for me pfft. Haha just kidding.

So, you mentioned in your .. erm blog! That's the word, ...comments back with stuff she's done. Well why provoke people to get off their ass and take a photo of something? Because you're that person! But I also have made perler bead art!! True Story!

-returns from photo taking-

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Included is: Charmander, Mew, Ninja Turtles, Squirtle, Recorder from Bioshock, Victorybell, Ash, Jesse, Darkwing Duck, Dragonite, Pirate Hello Kitty, Gym Badges, and Leafeon.

OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

@SexyToad: The beads, pegboards, and wax paper all come in a collection at arts and crafts stores like Michaels, and then you just need an iron. It's pretty easy and I'm sure Youtube has videos on how to do it, personally @rockyhorrorgerri showed me how.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BAM! Finished my portal cube. Your perler creations fail compared to mine bwahahahaha
BAM! Finished my portal cube. Your perler creations fail compared to mine bwahahahaha
Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sploder

You should make Ron Perlman

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@rockyhorrorgerri said:

Winner.

How long did that take?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By toowalrus

These beads are just perfect for Pixel art. I'm tempted to recreate something big- no no no no no I just don't have time for this now, maybe later I'll recreate a big chunk of Kanto or something and put it up on the big empty wall downstairs- but I don't have time for this now!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By MikkaQ

@TooWalrus said:

These beads are just perfect for Pixel art. I'm tempted to recreate something big- no no no no no I just don't have time for this now, maybe later I'll recreate a big chunk of Kanto or something and put it up on the big empty wall downstairs- but I don't have time for this now!

Yeah I'm really tempted to recreate a NES screenshot pixel-for-bead, UI elements and all. That sounds like one hell of a task though. Also picking a good screenshot would be tough for me.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Jayzilla

someone make me an NES console and controller and post the pic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ManU_Fan10ne: Total.. not too long. A few hours just because I had to do it in stages, iron them and then hot glue parts together. No idea of how much actual time spent though.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheHumanDove

Beads, dawg! BEADSS!

ManU_Fan10ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ManU_Fan10ne

@rockyhorrorgerri: If that only took a few hours, then I might just give it a try :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ManU_Fan10ne: Yeah pretty simple once you get down to the basics. I took pictures of my steps if you like. I also made a boo (glow in the dark beads) and layed out each layer.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if its frowned on to necro old threads, but a thread with "perler beads" in the title seemed the most relevant in the search functions. Over the last few months I have gotten into perler beadsprites. As you may see in the pics below, the fever has hit me hard:

http://i.imgur.com/VhV2bik.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AK58t8S.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/W0wv8CC.jpg

I was working on a fairly big one (16"x10") for a mailbag I plan on sending in, but sadly I had to scrap it as it kind of fell apart and fused out of place. I will be getting more beads in the morning so hopefully I'll have a pic of that sometime tomorrow. It seemed a bit odd that the last threads I could find about Perler's were all 2 years ago. Is anyone else enjoying this hobby as much as I am?

core1065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I WANT!

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the thing I mentioned the other day. After the horribleness of having it fall apart after 3 hours during my last attempt, I am so happy to see this came out great:

No Caption Provided

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bezerker85: gotta be careful when you ship that, id imagine those things snap pretty easily. Would be a shame to have it break in the mail. Looks great though!

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @schreiberty! I am headed out in a bit to pick up a frame for it, and I've got a ton of bubble wrap/airpaks to keep it safe. There will be more stuff going into the mailbag, I just wanted to include something a bit unique as it'll be my first one that I send.