Strangest place you found a video game setup?

sandal_hat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By sandal_hat

I saw a pic on Kotaku that had a 360, Game Cube and one other gaming device that I could not really discern what it was, set up at a McDonald's . However this got me thinking where is the strangest place you have seen a console  set up? Also what game was on it? I would have to say that in my old dentist's office he had an N64, and a Dreamcast mounted in a very colorful cabinet. One side was dedicated to Donkey Kong 64, the other Hydro Thunder(a real classic). It sure helped pass the time waiting to get the old teeth checked however it didn't really fit with 1960s decore the place was going for.  

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SoothsayerGB

I have seen the McDonalds play "Stations" or what ever they are called.  Think I was somewhere in Maryland at the time.  Must have been almost ten years ago.  Maybe even more.  98 or 99 I think.

But the weirdest would be in a dirty red neck biker/skinhead tattoo parlor.  In the main room with walls covered by their tattoo designs, there was a dirty old couch.  With a big screen TV and playstation 2 set up.  Some junky was sprawled out dosed, playing surprise, surprise, Tony Hawk.  So amongst all the SS designs, Rebal flags and nipple hoops.  There was one of two spots kept clean.  The other spot was the desktop PC.

I remember peaking over the back of the couch as I left.  My eyes meet by some skinhead's bright red gaze.  That kid was so fucked up.  I could smell his 40 ounce breath from across the room.

They had a great piercer, thoe.

mrfizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mrfizzy

I don't know where the McDonalds in this pic is but i live in Australia and we had a few here that had gamecubes set up like that. dnt know if theyve updated them by now or not. That was a few years ago. 

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RetroIce4

McDonalds have had those game setups forever. I remember in 97' I would go to McDonalds and I would stare at amazement, playing the N64 trials like crazy.
I would sit there and play Kirby 64 and Excitebike whenever I went. I miss those and my N64. Good ol' San Francisco Rush.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Systech

I went to an IHOP once and they had an N64 set up on one of their tables that they probably could have used to seat people.

LeoMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By LeoMinor

When I was about 5 years old, they had a kids play area at this home improvement place called 'HQ' (like Home Depot and Lowes) and it had about 3 SNES systems hooked up, along with a McDonald's type Playplace.  I remember freaking out when my mom said it was time to go.  I can't believe I still remember that.....