Survivor Finale Week

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redbliss

Survivor fans, who do you think is going to win this season (hopefully there are some survivor fans out there)? I think Rob is obviously the clear favorite, but Grant and even Philip are good wild cards that could ruin Rob's chances. What do others think?

EDIT: Sorry, I hit my post limit for the day. I didnt realize there was a post limit for users with a low number of posts. Anyway, if you have never watched survivor and you are interested in the show, you should watch the episode tonight and tomorrow night if you have soem free time. The finales are great because the tension is so high and you finally see if a player's strategy for the entire game pays off in the end.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I think this is the first season of Survivor that I didn't watch. I just had no interest in it this year.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jasta

I've never watched an episode of Survivor before, sell me on it.

Adus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Adus

Survivor is an interesting show because it addresses a lot of dynamics but is ultimately left up to the players with only a few rules to govern how they play the game. It's a risky move because it can mean an entire season can play out and not be very interesting if the players aren't interesting. It can also make for some great and unpredictable television as well. I find that sort of unpredictability to be the most compelling part.

Because the first season was so popular and mostly focused on the survival aspects, it's considered a reality show. Reality TV has a lot of negative connotations. I consider it more of a gameshow with a social element. They do live together but how they decide to further themselves in the game is the interesting part. Over the years they've come to focus more on the game element.

So you watch it for the personalities as well as the competition. It's not at all Reality TV like The Osbournes where you're just watching some people's lives. Some dumb drama does crop up but there's a lot of physical and mental aspects that come into play. So I do recommend it, but there are some really dull seasons. If you're brand new to the show, you might get the most out of it to start early and see how it evolved. It's interesting to see how different the first season is from the rest. Almost like The Real World on an island. No one really looked like they were playing a game. People didn't like voting each other out and apologized for it, etc.

A few early seasons that are good are probably Africa and the Amazon. Pearl Islands is pretty popular. Some of the later ones that are really good are Micronesia, Tocantins and Samoa. A personal favorite of mine is China, because it has a really interesting environment much different from the tropical island theme that most of the other seasons follow.

As far as my thoughts on this specific season? I haven't really liked it at all. I'll be very upset if anyone from RI comes back to win, Matt especially. Rob is my choice to win because everyone else has just been following him like a sheep and have no personality except Philip and maybe Grant.

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By briggs713

Hmmm my guess right now is Rob or Grant.  I really hope Matt doesn't win.  I found him really annoying this season.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

I never knew lower post count people had a post limit :s

I must still me a noob to all this...

maximus_vi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By maximus_vi

I was thinking about this the other day. While I think Rob is in the best position to win, especially with the immunity idol in his back pocket, jury members ultimately tend to be childish when choosing a winner. Not only has Rob played the game twice before, he also had a hand in voting off everyone on the jury, so all of them will hold a grudge against him for some reason or another. Rarely does the best player win Survivor; it's really just a popularity contest. The only way Rob wins is if he takes Philip to the end with him. Anyone else and he could be in trouble. 

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jasta

@Adus: 

I'll check out the first few episodes of China.

Probably one of the best attempts at selling a TV show I've ever read. Well done sir! =D

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By drac96

I haven't watched Survivor for many seasons. Is it still a decent reality show, or is it gradually getting worse each season? 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax
@drac96 said:

" I haven't watched Survivor for many seasons. Is it still a decent reality show, or is it gradually getting worse each season?  "

It's still a fun show (wasn't interested in it just cuz. No real reason). My only problem with it is that the people who end up winning in the end always seem to be the people are don't deserve to win at all.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By Tireyo

I used to watch survivor, but then I just got bored with it. I don't watch it anymore. Just boring to me now!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love Survivor! Only been into it for a few seasons, but it's a lot of fun.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Joker369

I kinda oddly want Philip to win, he's "crazy"

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DopeToast

I really hope Rob pulls this one out. He's played the game three times already and got so close once. No, he may not need the money, but he has played this current game nearly perfectly. I hope the jury vote for him becasue of how he's played the game. He's basically decided every vote since the merge. As for this season, it's been pretty good. There was some boring people on Ometepe, but luckily they got picked off one by one. Natalie is a babe too.