• 71 results
fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By fwylo

I just used a $1 coin.  I put it in a pop machine for a can of Pepsi.  I couldn't decide between breaking my toonie or just using my loonie.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By mracoon

Please keep this thread on-topic. It's not a thread about conspiracy theories, it's a thread about $1 coins.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By HandsomeDead

Why does the $1 coin look like it's got an African refugee on it?

DjTann3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By DjTann3r

Toll roads.

DjTann3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By DjTann3r
@DanceDanceKennypants said:
 " @BeachThunder said:
" If people don't want them then I'll have them. "
This man speaks wisely.   The $1 coin is also entirely free of freemasonry symbols, so I guess that's also a good thing. "  

They were responsible for Cloverfield weren't they?
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I'm just wondering, is that the only american $1 coin or are there more types with a different picture? I googled it and seen other $1 coins, I don't know which one is which because i'm canadian. If there are more, can you post it? I like to see what's on the other coins if there are any and read the symbols.

CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93

It works for us in UK, we have  £1 and  £2 coins. Our lowest note denomination is a  £5 note. I always thought it was silly that the US had $1 bills. $1 isnt worth much anymore, its just like all the other change you carry around. 

captjim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By captjim
@HitmanAgent47:  so there are hundreds of youtube videos on this. so what? how does that lend it any credibility? youtube videos are youtube videos. they aren't evidence of anything and for the most part they certainly aren't made by people who can be called reputable experts on the subject at hand. 

actually, i'm pretty sure that alien abductions are bullshit (usually the person is actually experiencing sleep paralysis) and UFO sightings, while interesting, are usually bullshit or just mysteries. i want to believe but i guess i'm too skeptical. and although i'm christian i find it hard to believe that it's all the devil messin' around.

i'm really not even going to address the whole thing about the music industry. but you can't get ahead without selling your soul? really? i know a number of pretty damn successful people, and they've got some explaining to do.  hell, one of my friends has got some explaining to do, because he's becoming a pretty successful musician locally and he's getting more and more successful! it can't be talent or creativity, he must have sold his soul. that rascal!

tell me how you know this about the bilderberg group, because there's never been anyone from the press allowed inside and what goes on inside has never been documented. they've stated what they claim to be their goals and that's it. seems a bit funny that conspiracy theorists would somehow know more about it with less to go on. here's the deal, though: the conspiracy theorists who 'discover' this go in looking for a conspiracy, so on a subconscious level what they're really looking for is anything that they can make fit the puzzle, no matter how convoluted the connection.

and if the skull and bones group is satanic, then why have some of its members gone on to be humanitarians and missionaries (example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Magee_%28missionary%29 )? doesn't seem satanic to me. but then again, i don't really give a damn about the skull and bones club because it's a goddamned college club that's mostly for kids with rich/famous parents.

edit: welp i just saw that post up there so disregard that. $1 coins are fun and convenient and there should be more. but you should never eat them.
Civraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Civraz

1$ are 2$ coins are just a way of life up here in Canada, same with having different colored bills. And spelling doughnut like donut. So much easier!

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

the 1 dollar coin makes soooo much more sense than a 1 dollar bill.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@captjim: we can't talk about it anymore here unfortunetly because someone said so, i'm going to be ignorant and just talk about how cool the dollar coin is. It was a fun conversation while it lasted, let's talk about how shiny the one dollar coin is and how cool it is to have a dollar coin. It's gold and shiny, that's cool. I'm not here to convince you of anything, I could careless, i'm just saying my views and how it relates to currency and symbols on it. Lastly your friend isn't sucessful, that's all i'll say here. 

Shiny $1 coins are cool.
ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ape_dosmil

Is there some kind of concerted effort going on at the moment by illuminati conspiracists to spread their bullshit all over the internet. I swear I've come across more of this stuff in the last week than I have in the last year. Apparently Jay-Z and Rihanna are Illuminati too. Jesus Christ.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#63  Edited By BeachThunder  Online

No Caption Provided
Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Jasonofindy

Using a $1 coin more often would be great.  However, businesses won't adopt them to make change until the government actually mints enough of them to make it feasible.  Since their reintroduction in 2000, I've seen $1 coins exactly TWICE and both times were as change from post office stamp vending machines.   

Most Americans only get actual currency in 2 ways:  
1. as stacks of $20 bills from bank ATM machines 
2. as change from their purchases at businesses. (pretty much none of which actually use them as change)

Businesses will not start regularly offering $ coins as change until sufficient numbers are actually in circulation to make it feasible to purchase them instead of banded stacks of $1 bills when they make their daily small currency purchases from the bank.  Add in the fact that many of the commercial coin counting/sorting machines that businesses use still spit them out into the "uncounted other" bin with the canadian coins that have been taken by mistake and it seems unlikely that adoption will become more widespread anytime soon. 

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#65  Edited By WickedCestus

Man, you Americans still use $1 bills? Outdated. Also, if we're talking about obsolete currency, what about the penny? It costs like 8 cents to make each one. THAT'S A BAD DEAL.

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By ATrevelan

I fully support the US moving to $1 and $2 coins. Coins are easier to carry, they're less prone to randomly disintegrating (anyone else ever lose a wad of cash in a torrential downpour?), they don't blow away, and they're more easily differentiable due to their sizes. 

Also, LOL to the illuminati stuff, especially the devil horns stuff. Dio would approve.

Avatar image for dancedancekennypants
DanceDanceKennypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a turn this thread has taken! A nudge and a wink and it rolls downhill.

Makes you think about this $1 coin in a new light.

I love the internet.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#68  Edited By Tireyo

The pop machine that is at my college accepts $1 coins.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Bionicicide
@ATrevelan said:
" I fully support the US moving to $1 and $2 coins. Coins are easier to carry, they're less prone to randomly disintegrating (anyone else ever lose a wad of cash in a torrential downpour?), they don't blow away, and they're more easily differentiable due to their sizes.  Also, LOL to the illuminati stuff, especially the devil horns stuff. Dio would approve. "
I wonder what's easier to counterfeit, coins or dollars.
BlaineBlaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70  Edited By BlaineBlaine

Has anyone else noticed the Adobe Flash logo on the front of the coin?

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71  Edited By buzz_killington

Here in Canada, we have one AND two dollar coins. It's awesome. If you want a soda, you just put in a coin.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Azteck

Lots of coins in Sweden.. just saying.