Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Ace829

@Castermhief117 said:

Speaking of which, I really don't get how the general law even works when it comes to rape. Do all they need to convict someone of rape is an accusation? A motive? What if someone consensually had sex with another person, but that person says it was rape?

What ended up happening in this case was basically "he said/she said", however, his chances in court were looking bad not only because he was a large black man, but because his defense attorney outright refused to let him reject the plea bargain because of said physical traits. If he didn't accept it and he lost in court, he would be in jail way longer than he was now. It's a fucked up situation, and I don't think there are any easy fixes to this problem at all. Hell, any fix would step on a lot of toes I imagine.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MideonNViscera

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By DoctorWelch

I literally just watched a Law and Order episode that was similar last night...weird.

Also, someone must have really fucked up if he was accused of rape and didn't actually do it. Last time I checked rape isn't a very easy thing to prove, especially if it didn't actually occur.

Harkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Harkat

@MideonNViscera said:

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.

There's a dubstep for that:

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By biospank
@Castermhief117:  Depends on the country in Norway if she is too thight and start to bleed and it hurts for the female she can acusse the male of rape. But in all casses its more likelly that the female can charge the male of rape without almost any evidence.
TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheHumanDove

Aint that just like a woman? Amirite?

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By tunaburn

@Castermhief117 said:

Speaking of which, I really don't get how the general law even works when it comes to rape. Do all they need to convict someone of rape is an accusation? A motive? What if someone consensually had sex with another person, but that person says it was rape?

if the girl says it was rape you need to have proof that she wanted to have sex. like have witnesses sayng she was into it. because its your word against hers. and she will win. rape seems to be the one crime that doesnt follow the innocent til proven guilty rule. they are guilty unless you can prove youre not for some reason.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By gamefreak9

I heard about it too. I think the Innocent until proven guilty thing is being violated by the feminism movement. Every time there's an accusation of rape, those feminists run to the girl and back her up... without even caring about the truth.

flindip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By flindip

@NegativeCero said:

He is too nice if he just let her go without punishment for what she did to him. I wouldn't be so forgiving. Buy best of luck to him.

I'm not even sure how it can be legal for her to go unpunished. Didn't she commit perjury?

BrandonPckrfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By BrandonPckrfn

@flindip: Fuck yeah she did, fucking bitch.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Rape-lie-recanted-after-man-spends-9-years-in-prison-145775175.html

This was huge up here in Seattle, same thing happened to some guy but it was his daughter. Almost 10 years this guy did, 10 FUCKING YEARS, and this chick isn't being charged with anything. A local radio station found out where she lived and basically told all the peeps to hassle this bitch. Both of these guys said they don't harbor angry feelings towards the women. More power to them, but I wouldn't blame them for finding and beating the shit out of them.

I think its partly our fault, when a real rape does occur we want the guy hanging from a tree the next day, and rightly so. So stupid, prison isn't nice to rapist, guilty or not. These guys should be handed millions of dollars for this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@tunaburn said:

@Castermhief117 said:

if the girl says it was rape you need to have proof that she wanted to have sex. like have witnesses sayng she was into it. because its your word against hers. and she will win. rape seems to be the one crime that doesnt follow the innocent til proven guilty rule. they are guilty unless you can prove youre not for some reason.

It seems to me that this is a great excuse to have secret video cameras while you're doing the naughties ;)

Jokes aside, even if a girl "wants" to have sex with you (she's your wife/girlfriend), it's still possible to be falsely accused of raping your wife/girlfriend. Sometimes the courts are really unfair and haven't progressed against sexual bias. Maybe it's societies need to "protect" women, but in many court circumstances the woman will win because of this reason. 
TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheHumanDove

Just another part of rape culture

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By iam3green

that must suck a lot. i don't like how it works, if a girl says rape then he pretty much goes to jail. even if he didn't do anything.

arch4non

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By arch4non

Looks like it just broke $30k, only $10k to go!

gtg12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By gtg12

I really hope that guy gets the money and something happens to that chick.

EndlessLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By EndlessLotus

She's... bloody psychotic....

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Hero_Swe said:

Meanwhile, Anita Sarkeesian gets 150k from white knights when she asked for 6k. Yay go white knights and loudmouthed feminists!

I gave money to both so...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By TheHT

Ugh. This shit's just gross.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ch3burashka

@Akeldama said:

@arch4non said:

@Akeldama said:

Nothing about this story sounds legit.

Here are a few news stories, I will try to find more.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-brian-banks-20120524,0,7941481.story

http://www.californiainnocenceproject.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=100%253Adaniel-larsen&catid=2%253Aread-their-stories&Itemid=3

You're going to try and tell me a woman got a man jailed for 5 years, was awarded $1.5 million and admitted that it was all a lie with NO consequence? Good day, sir.

You mean life is unjust and misdeeds go unpunished in the real world? Good day, sir.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This story is inspiring.  I hope he makes it far in life.  

FEnergyLegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FEnergyLegs

women suck all they ever do is HEY HEY HE RAPED ME or even if you dont get that far its NO I DONT WANT YOU TO BUY ME A DRINK or NO IM NOT GOING TO YOUR HOUSE HANDS OFF

i swear gay people have it easy they never have to deal with women or rape

Fake edit: the reason she didn't receive any sort of punishment was to not dissuade actual rape victims from reporting their attacker, because already a vast majority of rape cases go unreported. Like, it makes sense, just not morally.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh. 

Fuck that woman and every damn issue surrounding this. 

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I think it's really cool that a bunch of NFL teams are giving him a chance to tryout. I doubt he will be able to make it onto a team, but it would definitely be awesome if he did.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#75  Edited By Brendan

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

The sad truth is that this does indeed happen. A girl in my study group once wanted to do the very same thing since she felt her boyfriend was gonna break up with her...so her plan was to frame him for raping her even though they had a a normal relationship and such a thing never happened. I see it as downright criminal and a abuse of power, because seeing stories like this just makes it so much more obvious that we girls can accomplish a lot with a few tears. Wish I had money to donate, I already support other charities and such for rape victims, he's asking for quite a bit though.

It isn't nearly as bad, but I've personally seen multiple accounts of girls claiming they were pregnant to male partners they were trying to get back at, or back together with. Luckily with all of the ones I've seen all it took was a few months for that bullshit to become apparent.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#76  Edited By huntad

What a terrible thing. I hope this changes the way these investigations are done before the verdict is reached. How completely stupid.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@Brendan: Very glad to hear that because its not a thing to mess around with, for either party.
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@Brendan said:

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

The sad truth is that this does indeed happen. A girl in my study group once wanted to do the very same thing since she felt her boyfriend was gonna break up with her...so her plan was to frame him for raping her even though they had a a normal relationship and such a thing never happened. I see it as downright criminal and a abuse of power, because seeing stories like this just makes it so much more obvious that we girls can accomplish a lot with a few tears. Wish I had money to donate, I already support other charities and such for rape victims, he's asking for quite a bit though.

It isn't nearly as bad, but I've personally seen multiple accounts of girls claiming they were pregnant to male partners they were trying to get back at, or back together with. Luckily with all of the ones I've seen all it took was a few months for that bullshit to become apparent.

This happened to a friend of mine in high school. It was awful at the time but kind of funny in hindsight.

GirnBlanston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GirnBlanston

What matters most is that Banks is getting another chance. Most people in his position could only dream of such a thing.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MariachiMacabre

As a Miami Dolphins fan, I want him on my team just so I can wear his jersey.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#81  Edited By JasonR86

@TheHumanDove said:

Just another part of rape culture

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By habster3

There's a girl in my town notorious for falsely accusing guys of rape, whether they were involved with her or with someone else; I find that kind of behavior despicable, really.

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By donkeycow

The reason the woman isn't being punished is because they don't want people in similar situations to keep quiet out of fear of punishment and keep innocent people in prison.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#84  Edited By Hailinel
@habster3

There's a girl in my town notorious for falsely accusing guys of rape, whether they were involved with her or with someone else; I find that kind of behavior despicable, really.

That's pretty messed up. Does she never get in trouble for it?
Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#85  Edited By Bollard

@Castermhief117 said:

Then it's rape. And as a man, you get fucked.

Kind of a role reversal? :P

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By napalm

@Castermhief117 said:

Yeah, the links/facts check out guys. My question is, why doesn't the Long Beach Unified School District sue the girl back?

Probably because they aren't interested in opening old wounds to a shitshow.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mandude

@Donkeycow said:

The reason the woman isn't being punished is because they don't want people in similar situations to keep quiet out of fear of punishment and keep innocent people in prison.

Interesting, but it would also perpetuate the fact that "If you put an innocent person in prison for money, nothing bad will ever come of it."

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By donkeycow

@mandude said:

@Donkeycow said:

Interesting, but it would also perpetuate the fact that "If you put an innocent person in prison for money, nothing bad will ever come of it."

It's a sticky situation, but at the end of the day the justice system needs to protect innocent people more then punish wrong doers. I agree it sucks but if she was harshly punished other people won't speak out.

betterboulder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#89  Edited By betterboulder

Wow. That's some dark stuff. Hard to believe people would lie about stuff like thi.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By habster3

@Hailinel said:

@habster3

That's pretty messed up. Does she never get in trouble for it?

Nope. Primarily because I live in a town full of idiots who bought every bit of bullshit she put out, even if it's obvious that she was crying wolf. For example, her first victim was her boyfriend; when they got caught having sex in the parking lot of a ball game at their school, she quickly pulled the "rape" card to make herself look better (if you knew her, her boyfriend and the whole context, it was an undeniably consensual act); as a result, this guy's life got completely screwed up. At least she did end up losing her scholarship over the issue, in addition to getting chased over to my school due to the hostility of various students. Honestly, I have no idea how she still has friends or anything right now; she's practically a serpent.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mandude

@Donkeycow said:

@mandude said:

@Donkeycow said:

It's a sticky situation, but at the end of the day the justice system needs to protect innocent people more then punish wrong doers. I agree it sucks but if she was harshly punished other people won't speak out.

Well, I'm mainly speaking about that if they don't pursue her, it shows to other people like her that they should just take their chances because they wont be done for it.

martyarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By martyarf

Hey thread. What a good place to talk about rape. False rape accusations happen at about the same rate as any other false accusations, according to the FBI. Also according to the FBI, successful rape conviction rates and prosecution rates are far below those of almost any other serious or violent crime, and the majority of rapes are never reported. One in three women is sexually assaulted in their lifetimes, with one in six raped (or attempted). 9 in every 10 rape victims are women. Two-thirds of rape survivors knew their rapists. In studies which avoiding using the word "rape", one in three college aged men will admit to having raped women. There are roughly 3000 pregnancies each year from rape. 60% of rape survivors are under the age of 18.

Only 3% of rapists will ever be convicted.

Hyperglide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Hyperglide

Add an 'A' to Brian in the title and this thread gets very exciting. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@martyarf: And? So its a good thing he went to prison because "better safe than sorry?" Also nice sources on those statistics.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Brunchies

I donated to get some money to it, I mean how can this project barely be scraping by yet THIScan make 2000 percent more then it costs, what the hell will they even do with all that extra money?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#96  Edited By Vinny_Says

Don't you usually get 5 years prison for perjury in America? Or does it no longer apply after a certain amount of time? Any real or Internet lawyers help me out here.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By laserbolts

@Shady said:

Why we're focusing on sexism in video games instead of real life injustice and actual examples of race and sex in law is beyond me..

It's a video game site dude. The majority of threads are about video games. I am not saying this thread should not exist but clearly you will read more about video game related news/issues on this site than real world news/issues. On topic the girl should definitely be punished for this. If a girl did this to me I would probably kill her.

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#98  Edited By 1337W422102

Stuff like this makes me impatient for the next ice age to wipe humanity off the face of the Earth.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By InternetCrab

@Dallas_Raines said:

But then, last year, a chunk of luck fell from the stars. Out of the blue, Gibson, then 24, sent Banks a Facebook friend request.

Banks slammed the laptop cover down and jumped out of his chair. Was somebody playing a joke on him?

He looked again. Amazing. Gibson had typed, "Let's let bygones be bygones."

Easy for her to say. She didn't watch 10 years of her life go by.

"She was adamant about meeting me," Banks says. "I asked my brother [Freddy], 'What should I do?' He said, 'Whatever you do, make sure you play chess, not checkers.'"

Banks' first move: To get everything she said on tape. He hired a private investigator and met Gibson in the man's office, where every conversation was secretly videotaped. The tape recorded Gibson saying, clearly, "No, he did not rape me."

Was he nervous she wouldn't say it?

"I didn't have to get her to say anything," Banks said. "She came into the room expressing herself. She even came back the next day. The investigator asked her again, point blank. 'Did Brian rape you?' 'No.' 'Did he kidnap you?' 'No.'"

And why would Gibson meet with Banks in the first place? Was it a trap? Was it guilt? No. Banks thinks Gibson -- are you ready for this? -- was hoping to get back together.

"You read the texts and that's the only conclusion you come to," says a source who worked on the case. "She seems absolutely clue-free about what she did to him."

Goddamn, that woman is a dumbass piece of shit.

Yep, what a fucking bitch.

Kung_Fu_Viking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Kung_Fu_Viking

Don't they do tests to validate such claims?