Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By gingertastic_10

No Caption Provided

This is seen in the opening credits.
This is seen in the opening credits.
The Collector. It can be summed up to many different things. Yes it's follows the formula of horror movies. But it in a way flips it. The Collector is a movie by the people who are behind the last couple of Saw movies. And it has a great amount of similarities to the Saw movies. Torture, insane traps, a crazy killer. Though I am not a huge fan of the Saw movies or horror in general, I was very impressed by The Collector.

The Collector starts out introducing the killer. A couple comes home and they find a box in their room, they open it then are attacked. What follows that is probably the best opening credit scene I have seen in a while, a small compliment I know. It starts out with Arkin (Josh Stewart) fixing up a house with a number of other people. He spends some time with the families youngest daughter. He leaves after getting paid and goes to a bowling center to meet his daughter. His ex wife asked him for "the money". Arkin hands her some but she yells that it's not enough. See his ex wife has loan sharks out for her and she has til midnight to get the money. So Arkin meets up with Ray, a fellow robber, mainly his boss. And they agree to rob the house Arkin was helping fix up because Arkin knows where the safe to the house is. Now what follows is actually very good. He walks in and starts doing his thing, then he hears a man walk up the stares, he freaks and goes in to the closet. And the man follows him for most of the first 30mins trying to find him.

Arkin
Arkin
That's all I'll go into with the movie. The Collector is torturing the family and Arkin has to save the very family he was going to rob. The acting by Josh Stewart is actually quite good. I figured for a horror film the acting would be shit but everyone in the movie does a very nice job, maybe except for Arkins wife and Ray. In the beginning is shows Arkin seeing all of the traps The Collector has set up, and trust me, by the end of the movie you see all of them in action. To a degree this might more brutal at times then say Hostel or Saw. But you don't see all of it. It shows most of the aftermath of the murders.

The movie is also shot very well. It has it's own style to it that I think sets it apart in the genre. The way it shows each trap being done is stunning, a lot of work went into each one and it shows.

This will definitely be the next big horror franchise. It surpassed the Saw movies in some ways. But The Collector is the the new Jigsaw hands down. There were only four people in the theater when I saw it at 12:25pm, and that's sad. This movie is much better then some people might think.

No Caption Provided

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Drebin_893

Why not a blog post?

Better yet, why not start up your own personal blog/website and do these on that?
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fr0br0

Another "trap" movie? Blech. The trailer lost me at "from the writers of Saw III, IV, and V"

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64
@Fr0Br0 said:
" The trailer lost me at "from the writers of Saw III, IV, and V" "
Me to.  This also goes for "from the people who brought you Scary Movie and Epic movie".
Shermanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Shermanator

This movie looks really, really stupid.  Any movie from the saw people can not be good