The Dark Knight.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By AlexB

Granted I think the movie was fantastic and It was probably the best movie of the year, Do you think all this can last? Do you think people will stll have the Joker as their icon in 2 months (a part from Why_So_Serious). It seems its turning into this foe-emo thing to be obsessed with the Joker. I'M NOT SAYING THAT'S A BAD THING. I am just wondering if you think it will be cool to plaster the joker on you profiles in the months to come? Do you think the movie will reach Cult like Status? Or will it fade out?

Personally i see it dying down but retaining much of its popularity for a long time.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

The worship will die out, but it will forever be known as the greatest superhero movie of all time.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AlexB
Fr0Br0 said:
"The worship will die out, but it will forever be known as the greatest superhero movie of all time.
"

BTW I ROTFLCOPTERED for about 5 min. at your avatar.
Cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Cole

Geez Alex you are busy. Making all of these threads and what not and bashing me on FF7. Jerk.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Clean

I really liked it

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AlexB
Cole said:
"

Geez Alex you are busy. Making all of these threads and what not and bashing me on FF7. Jerk.

"
Once again i was joking lol. And come on its my first day. Come on cole help the bomb blow up.
Cole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cole

I know i'm just messing with you, but indeed I will blow up this bomb. This GiantBomb! *laughs at his own pun*

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AlexB

Cole's Puns> All of you.
In case you hadn't noticed
*severely off topic*

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Terra1909

Joker is gonna be The Crow of this generation. You're gonna see all kinds of dumb kids dressing like him and shit.  That said the movie was great and Ledger's performance was amazing. I thought the shots of him at the end when he was hanging upside down and they shot him right side up looked awesome.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By lucas_kelly

The amount of people who are using the joker as their pic is getting a little ridiculous.

LouChou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By LouChou

This happens. People go bat shit crazy (pun TOTALLY intended) for cool, new things, and then forget about them in short time. It'll shine through for the people truly effected by it all, though.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By epic_pets

It will die down

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still haven't seen it, really want to though and I hope there is a good game on it later, Batman Begins game was actually pretty good.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AlexB
LouChou said:
"This happens. People go bat shit crazy (pun TOTALLY intended) for cool, new things, and then forget about them in short time. It'll shine through for the people truly effected by it all, though.
"

Cole has been dethrowned. Nice Pun. haha lmao.
TehBonerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TehBonerer

it will have the same effect as the nightmare before Christmas for emo kids, only difference is, this movie isnt retarded.

Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rain_Dog

Expect a lot of Jokers this Halloween.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i totally didn't think about that lol.

Damn Joker has become more iconic out of the movie Dark Knight than Batman himself! XD

thenexus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By thenexus

Heath Ledger as Joker was simply stunning, Man it is a dam shame he has now passed away. That film was just stunning - blu ray PLEASE!

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Batman

I think it will be one of those cult hit movies like Scarface or Pulp Fiction.  I think you'll still see some Joker avatars years from now, but not as many.

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By unclejohnny79

Yeah less people might use it but it will always be an incredible film

sculsoldi3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By sculsoldi3r

Probably. I cant wait to see the movie.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MetalGearSunny
Rain_Dog said:
"Expect a lot of Jokers this Halloween.
"
I will be one of them.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'd love this movie to fuck off but it's not going to happen. Definitely not over the coming year.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RetroIce4

At out football game, we cheered, "Why so serious?" We got our asses whooped. Pretty funny. It will die down though. In my school, there is thing called donuts for darfur. The funny thing is the poster says, "Watch this donut dissapear" instead of a pencil.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Green_Incarnate

I'm not saying the movie was terrible, but it's definitely not a classic. Wasn't that good at all really.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#27  Edited By clubsandwich
Green_Incarnate said:
"I'm not saying the movie was terrible, but it's definitely not a classic. Wasn't that good at all really."
The movie was really good, it's overrated, yes, but still was awesome, if you're saying the movie wasn't even good, then you're just being a douche calling for attention,
BlackJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BlackJedi

TDK was overrated for some reason I liked Iron man and The Incredible Hulk a tad better..

Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By Green_Incarnate
clubsandwich said:
"Green_Incarnate said:
"I'm not saying the movie was terrible, but it's definitely not a classic. Wasn't that good at all really."
The movie was really good, it's overrated, yes, but still was awesome, if you're saying the movie wasn't even good, then you're just being a douche calling for attention,"
Ok, it was good compared to all the other trash people pay to go see.
Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bulldog19892
Rain_Dog said:
"
Damn right. There's no better time to dress as Rorschach than this halloween. Everyone will be like "What the hell are you supposed to be?" and you'll be like "You'll find out in a few months asshole!"
Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Balls

Lol, Batman sucks. 

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By adam_grif
Fr0Br0 said:
"The worship will die out, but it will forever be known as the greatest superhero movie of all time.
"
... Until WATCHMEN comes out, you mean.
Verdugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Verdugo
Bulldog19892 said:
"Rain_Dog said:
"
Damn right. There's no better time to dress as Rorschach than this halloween. Everyone will be like "What the hell are you supposed to be?" and you'll be like "You'll find out in a few months asshole!""
I like your thinking:).

People will most likely aknowledge Heath Ledger's performance in this movie for a long time, it will most likely end up being a cult-classic.
shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By shotaro
Balls said:
"Lol, Batman sucks. "
then why the fuck is the batman utility belt your avatar?

The film was great I really enjoyed it and it was the best comic book movie so far (I have high hopes for Watchmen)

Verdugo said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
"Rain_Dog said:
"
Damn right. There's no better time to dress as Rorschach than this halloween. Everyone will be like "What the hell are you supposed to be?" and you'll be like "You'll find out in a few months asshole!""
I like your thinking:).

People will most likely aknowledge Heath Ledger's performance in this movie for a long time, it will most likely end up being a cult-classic."
seconded.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

adam_grif said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"
... Until WATCHMEN comes out, you mean."
There is no way The Watchmen can topple The Dark Knight, in my mind.  The graphic novel is so complex, the removal of any one feature is like the omission of a cog in a watch; without one piece, the whole creation begins to fall apart.  It will likely be watchable, and there is a strong possibility of it being good, but I can't imagine it being any more enjoyable than The Dark Knight. 
Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Balls
HandsomeDead said:
"I'd love this movie to fuck off but it's not going to happen. Definitely not over the coming year."
This kinda shit makes me sick. Dude, the movie rocked and you're just saying that trying to be all emo cool. Well you know what? If you didn't like the movie then you've just got shit taste.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HandsomeDead
Balls said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"I'd love this movie to fuck off but it's not going to happen. Definitely not over the coming year."
This kinda shit makes me sick. Dude, the movie rocked and you're just saying that trying to be all emo cool. Well you know what? If you didn't like the movie then you've just got shit taste."
Way to get me wrong. I loved the movie. I'm just sick of 'Why so serious?' round every corner and people talking about it as if it was the perfect movie when it was very flawed.
Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Balls

Flawed? Whatever, man. How was it flawed? Name 30 things that were flawed with that movie. I'll start with probably the greastest thing about it or any film. Heath Ledger died from it. He was so intesnse that he died. That's undeniable.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bulldog19892
Balls said:
"Flawed? Whatever, man. How was it flawed? Name 30 things that were flawed with that movie. I'll start with probably the greastest thing about it or any film. Heath Ledger died from it. He was so intesnse that he died. That's undeniable."
He died form a combination of insomnia, overwhelming frustration (as a result of the insomnia), and an overdose of sleeping pills (as a result of the overwhelming frustration). All of it because of the fact that he was filming for multiple movies at the same time, The Dark Knight, some movie about Bob Dylan, and this wacky emporium or whatever it's called that he will star in post-mortem.The whole idea that by immersing himself in the Joker's mind, he was driven to suicide, is ridiculous.

Slightly off-topic though, the new graphic novel "Joker" is going to be coming out soon, and IGN has given it a 9.8. Who else is stoked for it?
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HandsomeDead
Balls said:
"Flawed? Whatever, man. How was it flawed? Name 30 things that were flawed with that movie. I'll start with probably the greastest thing about it or any film. Heath Ledger died from it. He was so intesnse that he died. That's undeniable."
True. Anything that killed Heath Ledger has to be good. Though, like I say, flawed. Had it killed Maggie Gyllenhaal too, it would have been totally emo cool.
Ubergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ubergeist

It'll fade eventually. Good movie, but not the best. I've seen it so many times now I'm burnt on it. It's played in my 360 so many times now.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Nude_Dude
AlexB said:
"Fr0Br0 said:
"

BTW I ROTFLCOPTERED for about 5 min. at your avatar. "
Well, Pulp Fiction sure lives up to this day....