The dreadful Ice dilemma, how you can help us fix it.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By NekuSakuraba

So as some of you may know there is a very dreadful Ice dilemma in hand and it is ruining people's lives and making it harder for us to live each day. If you for some reason are not aware then I shall explain, but please if you are in a happy mood this may wreck your day but people need to be aware.  

In fast food facilities all around the world there is a dreadful issue that is going around for quite a while now and it has yet to be addressed for some strange reason. All around the world people's soft drinks, pop, sodas or whatever the name your country has given these drinks (eg. Coca Cola, Pepsi, Mountain Dew etc) are being filled with too much ice to lessen the amount of the beverage needed to fill up the liquid holder you are drinking out of. Now this is quite the problem as the ice in the substance makes it much more refreshing and desirable however as recent studies have shown, people do not get their wishful amount of liquid due to a large amount of ice. 

What should we do, let the fast food industries push us around? No, I say we do something to help fix the problem. Next time you go to a fast food facility suggest to the local manager and better yet contact the fast food chain yourself given the information used below. For your continence I have used the American information as I feel most of our members here are a resident of the United States. 

Mcdonalds.

Restaurant feedback form. 

More information below in spoiler tag.      

Call us.

1-800-244-6227
7 days a week
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST

Write us.

McDonald's Corporation, 2111 McDonald's Dr., Oak Brook, IL 60523

Burger King. 

Burger King Corporation
5505 Blue Lagoon Drive
 Miami, Florida 33126   

BK Crown Card Consumer Help Desk

(800) 522-1278

KFC.  

Restaurant feedback form. (United States)  
Restaurant feedback form. (International)    

KFC's Corporate Address for Customer Comments
P.O. Box 725489
Atlanta, GA 31139

Customer Satisfaction Numbers
U.S. - 1-800-225-5532
Canada - 1-866-664-5696

Questions Concerning KFC Gift Check Ordering
1-800-544-5774 ext.8360 ext.326

KFC Corporate Sponsorship & Donation Requests
Attn: Community Relations
1900 Colonel Sanders Lane

Louisville, KY 40213    

Any other violator of this may be contacted by simply using your countries Google and searching the Restaurant name and ''contact us''.  

Thank you for your time and please, help us fix this.    
NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So as some of you may know there is a very dreadful Ice dilemma in hand and it is ruining people's lives and making it harder for us to live each day. If you for some reason are not aware then I shall explain, but please if you are in a happy mood this may wreck your day but people need to be aware.  

In fast food facilities all around the world there is a dreadful issue that is going around for quite a while now and it has yet to be addressed for some strange reason. All around the world people's soft drinks, pop, sodas or whatever the name your country has given these drinks (eg. Coca Cola, Pepsi, Mountain Dew etc) are being filled with too much ice to lessen the amount of the beverage needed to fill up the liquid holder you are drinking out of. Now this is quite the problem as the ice in the substance makes it much more refreshing and desirable however as recent studies have shown, people do not get their wishful amount of liquid due to a large amount of ice. 

What should we do, let the fast food industries push us around? No, I say we do something to help fix the problem. Next time you go to a fast food facility suggest to the local manager and better yet contact the fast food chain yourself given the information used below. For your continence I have used the American information as I feel most of our members here are a resident of the United States. 

Mcdonalds.

Restaurant feedback form. 

Burger King. 

Burger King Corporation
5505 Blue Lagoon Drive
 Miami, Florida 33126   

KFC.  

Restaurant feedback form. (United States)  
Restaurant feedback form. (International)    

Any other violator of this may be contacted by simply using your countries Google and searching the Restaurant name and ''contact us''.  

Thank you for your time and please, help us fix this.    
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'm into A&W's idea of not putting any ice in their drinks and instead just chilling the stuff to a reasonable temperature.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Agreed. There's always too much ice left after I've finished my drink! Damn you to hell MacDonald's! @#&%$)%_^

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Or maybe you could just say "No ice, please" or "Only a little ice, please" the the next time you order a drink from a fast food chain. I'm not a fan of having ice with my soft drinks, and simply asking that they don't put ice in my drink works perfectly.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@MattyFTM said:

" Or maybe you could just say "No ice, please" or "Only a little ice, please" the the next time you order a drink from a fast food chain. I'm not a fan of having ice with my soft drinks, and simply asking that they don't put ice in my drink works perfectly. "

I have done this multiple times, however I have sometimes still gotten ice. 

Also, that is wasting an extra 2 - 3 seconds of my life asking for a little bit of ice! Blasphemy! 
Mrskidders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Mrskidders

I don't eat fast food so I don't care.  Ice is the least of your worries when eating that shit.

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aetos

I'm one of those people who likes lots of ice in their drinks. So I guess I'm gonna have to side with the restaurants on this one.  

More Ice!!!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By zeforgotten
@MattyFTM said:
" Or maybe you could just say "No ice, please" or "Only a little ice, please" the the next time you order a drink from a fast food chain. I'm not a fan of having ice with my soft drinks, and simply asking that they don't put ice in my drink works perfectly. "
Around here they have to say "no" for some reason. 
Well ok, money is the reason..  

But everyone should just do like me, learn to prepare a meal on your own and just buy a lot of coke :D (or whatever you drink)
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@NekuSakuraba said:

" @MattyFTM said:

Also, that is wasting an extra 2 - 3 seconds of my life asking for a little bit of ice! Blasphemy!"
If you ask for no ice, and they still give you ice, send it back. Tell them that you asked for no ice. You're a paying customer. You're the boss. All they'll do is apologize and give you another one without ice. And if they don't? Tell them where they can shove their food and go eat somewhere else. If they can't do a little thing like give you no ice, then you can't do a little thing like eat there.
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By tebbit

I like the ice. It makes me feel like a MAN! 

Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zimbo

I actually like having a fair amount of ice in my drinks. Am I a bad person?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MikkaQ

Hey guess what? The dude shovelling the ice into your drink doesn't care in the least how much ice he's putting there. Just takes a random scoop. He wants you gone so he can idly chat with his friends at work. Oblige him.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By luce

I like a good amount of crushed ice in my drinks

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Animasta

no ice is good ice.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@MattyFTM said:
Dont most fast food places let you fill your own drinks? Unless you do drive though...
___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ___pocalypse

Don't a lot of restaurants like these just give you the cup and tell you to have at it at their soda dispenser? I could be wrong. I haven't been in a fast food place in years, but I thought McD's was like that.

I never really minded ice in my soda, and now I don't drink soda. Problem solved?

Buttersthatsme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Buttersthatsme

My problem is not with soft drinks. No. My problem is with my local bars that no longer serve any spirits/cocktails neat. By law it has to have some ice in it. WTF.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lemoncookie01

I can't recall a fast food place that doesn't let you fill your own drink.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" I can't recall a fast food place that doesn't let you fill your own drink. "
Really? Only place here is Hungry Jacks.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#20  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm with Matty on this one, tell them you want no ice and don't accept the order if they give you loads of ice anyway. I had a friend who always asked for no ice in his fast food drinks and it worked for him.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@RiotBananas said:
" @MattyFTM said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:

" @MattyFTM said:

Also, that is wasting an extra 2 - 3 seconds of my life asking for a little bit of ice! Blasphemy!"
If you ask for no ice, and they still give you ice, send it back. Tell them that you asked for no ice. You're a paying customer. You're the boss. All they'll do is apologize and give you another one without ice. And if they don't? Tell them where they can shove their food and go eat somewhere else. If they can't do a little thing like give you no ice, then you can't do a little thing like eat there. "
QFT.  I worked in catering for a while for the countries largest caterer and I can tell you Ice isn't the only way we made Coke go further. Coke in fast food chains is bought in boxes of "Syrup" and then mixed with water. Usually way too much.  I won't bore you with some of the more gory secrets. "
Oh please, do go on. I have always wanted to know why McDonald's coke taste so much better than the canned one.
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By CastroCasper
@HandsomeDead said:
" I'm into A&W's idea of not putting any ice in their drinks and instead just chilling the stuff to a reasonable temperature. "
Awww what the hell? They are still using the tiny cubes over here. It keeps your drink freezing but I am pretty sure you can actually fit more tiny cubes in a cup then larger ones.
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The icestone has melted!

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By frankxiv

i don't like ice in anything but water really. even at home

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@onimonkii
i don't like ice in anything but water really. even at home
I love me some icy water, shit is tight.
Mistzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mistzero
@MattyFTM said:
^ agree
dont really see the point of this topic
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RsistncE

Admittedly the companies are probably doing you fat fucks a favour by making sure you're not getting like 10 kilos of sugar in every cup full of diabetes.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ramone

Any time I go to restaraunt my dad specifically asks for no ice.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jasta
@MattyFTM said:

" @NekuSakuraba said:

" @MattyFTM said:

If you ask for no ice, and they still give you ice, send it back. Tell them that you asked for no ice. You're a paying customer. You're the boss. All they'll do is apologize and give you another one without ice. And if they don't? Tell them where they can shove their food and go eat somewhere else. If they can't do a little thing like give you no ice, then you can't do a little thing like eat there. "

From personal experience, the only problem with that approach is the vast majority of people who work in a fast food restaurant couldint give any less of a fuck whether you eat in there or not. So by walking out, I feel like you are letting them win.

Be a pain in the ass and call the manager, make a scene, embarrass them, file a complaint, they'll think twice about it next time they see you. =D

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MikkaQ

Ew I didn't know people liked the syrup drinks over the regular ones. My family runs a restaurant, so I've known fountain drinks as watered down syrup my whole life. 

If you like it more, it's because it's more sugary, with less flavor. I like a slightly more bitter drink than that. Also that syrup is gross, stickiest damn substance around. 

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never have this problem at fast food restaurants because they usually have the self serve stations where you fill up your own drink. But it's the worst at sports stadiums. Not only do you overpay, but they fill the whole damn cup with ice. I always request no ice for this reason, and I've never had this request denied before.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34  Edited By MysteriousBob

They always ask me at pubs.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Brians

ice is one way to get less drink which is why I typically ask for no ice at restaurants

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mordukai
@NekuSakuraba: Solution. When going through the Drive Through ask for no ice in your drink. MOst places nowadays prefer to give the costumer the option to fill his own drink so in that case you can just decide the level of ice in your cup. If they still fill the drink for you then just ask for  no ice. 
Tirion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Tirion
@Lemoncookie01 said:
" I can't recall a fast food place that doesn't let you fill your own drink. "
This. At least not where I live.
shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shirogane

There's almost no places in Australia, or at least Melbourne that let you fill your own drink. 

That said, i'm fine with the ice most of the time. I still get enough drink, and it's a cold one. Win win for me.
Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Grimace

Post-mix drinks without ice are... weird.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#40  Edited By Yummylee
@Fragstoff said:
" who gives a shit "
thats inappropriate