The Giant Bomb Team Suck at L4D...

ChestyMcGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By ChestyMcGee

Just watched the footage of the GB team playing the highly anticipated Left 4 Dead on Versus Mode, where the Survivors must fight as normal to the many safe rooms, with the twist being that the 'boss'-zombies are controlled by other human players. In Versus, the damage is about equal to playing the Campaign on 'Normal'. 

So, the Giant Bomb team pretty much suck at L4D. As I watched, I saw whoever was playing miss three zombies at pointblank range with a shotgun - twice. I saw them all abandon who ever was playing at the spawn while he picked up weapons and I whoever was playing as The Tank got taken out by one guy with an M16.

Haha, they wouldn't last a second with us on Expert right guys? I'm tempted to play the whole game like that - it might be hard, but we've got it so nailed the only real threat is The Tank. It's more fun to have to attempt every level 100 times anyway, at least it'll take longer to finish the game... which is good really as it promises to be fairly short (not that it won't be replayable).

Anyways. Just thought I'd share my thoughts on that. Twas funny.
ChestyMcGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ChestyMcGee

Just watched the footage of the GB team playing the highly anticipated Left 4 Dead on Versus Mode, where the Survivors must fight as normal to the many safe rooms, with the twist being that the 'boss'-zombies are controlled by other human players. In Versus, the damage is about equal to playing the Campaign on 'Normal'. 

So, the Giant Bomb team pretty much suck at L4D. As I watched, I saw whoever was playing miss three zombies at pointblank range with a shotgun - twice. I saw them all abandon who ever was playing at the spawn while he picked up weapons and I whoever was playing as The Tank got taken out by one guy with an M16.

Haha, they wouldn't last a second with us on Expert right guys? I'm tempted to play the whole game like that - it might be hard, but we've got it so nailed the only real threat is The Tank. It's more fun to have to attempt every level 100 times anyway, at least it'll take longer to finish the game... which is good really as it promises to be fairly short (not that it won't be replayable).

Anyways. Just thought I'd share my thoughts on that. Twas funny.
xpxTomxqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By xpxTomxqx

I watched the video and I thought they played alright but obviously they're not of our calibre now =P.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By clubsandwich
xpxTomxqx said:
"I watched the video and I thought they played alright but obviously they're not of our calibre now =P."
Yes indeed. :D
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Hamz

I have to admit they made the textbook error of splitting apart and straying too far away from each other at times. The absolute key to success in L4D from my experience is never ever split up, always stick together even if that means waiting on someone for a minute or two.

That and the 360 version of the game looks like it plays a lot more "clunky" than the PC version. With the flick of your wrist on the PC version you can do a complete 360 degree turn or snap the crosshair at some fast moving incoming zombies. On the 360 it seemed a little slow and awkward. But that could of been down to it being the first time some of the GiantBomb crew have played the 360 version or any version of the game.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Death_Burnout

What you expect? no offense to those guys but they aint that good at anything really >_> Ok thats a little harsh

Expert is fun, but hard. all the other difficulties are too easy IMO

ChestyMcGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ChestyMcGee

Clubsandwich? What are you talking about? Lmao, Tom was talking about me and him playing L4D... last time I checked you weren't there! 

haha  xD

Oh yeah Hamz, the game looks a million times better on PC but I'm getting it for 360 all the same. Hardly anyone has a mic on PC, all my mates are on 360 and there's a button that makes you do a perfect 180 turn if you need to. Personnaly, I quite like controllers - they're no way near as good as a mouse fo aiming, but they're a hell of a lot better for movement.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hamz
ChestyMcGee said:
"Oh yeah Hamz, the game looks a million times better on PC but I'm getting it for 360 all the same. Hardly anyone has a mic on PC, all my mates are on 360 and there's a button that makes you do a perfect 180 turn if you need to. Personnaly, I quite like controllers - they're no way near as good as a mouse fo aiming, but they're a hell of a lot better for movement."
So far with L4D i've come across everyone using a Mic, both friends and random players, so its not been an issue for me. And in all honesty Mics become annoying and distracting when people constantly say things like "help me, oh give me pills, i need ammo, wait up theres a door here!"....

I've always found aiming and movement with a K&M a lot more fluid, but that might be years of experience using one lol
Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Death_Burnout

Well...all i know is, is that i've always prefered PC shooters due to the keyboard and mouse, plus closer intimate vision. Of the very few online games i've played, or tried to play, on the PC, no one had mic's...thats a good thing personally, because it would get annoying and take away from the atmosphere for me, besides they give you plenty commands and responses in the first place.

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By Bennyishere

I guess they sucked a little. I think the worst part is how they completely ignored the melee button. But does it really matter? They're still awesome.
I played the demo on Expert with a buddy. I just started laughing at the amounts of zombies we had to endure... but we got through it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By jakob187

I've gotta say that, watching the video, I was impressed with the turn sensitivity and how fast it was compared to most other shooters on 360.  That really got me giggly.

The only problem I had was it looked like it was rather difficult to pick up items at times, which in a survival situation...I mean, you don't want to have to fumble much.

Regardless, though, I'm super fucking psyched about this game.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Emilio

The first thing I noticed was that they were playing on easy/normal mode because they were getting hit and they were not dying right away.

My first play through on the full game will be on expert.

jakob187 said:

"I've gotta say that, watching the video..."
The game has a quick 180 turn by pressing a button, but you can still turn pretty quick without it.

And yeah, sometimes its kinda hard to pick up an item. Like you have to be real close to it and time the X button just right if you're in a hurry.
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By clubsandwich
ChestyMcGee said:
"Clubsandwich? What are you talking about? Lmao, Tom was talking about me and him playing L4D... last time I checked you weren't there! 
haha  xD

"
I thought he was talking about us gamers. :'(           D:
ChestyMcGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ChestyMcGee

Bless. 

:)