#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Why the hell is there a gay and lesbian pride day? Are gays and lesbians only allowed to be proud on one day? I don't think dedicating a day to a minority is going to make things better. =P

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

In today's society, where parents have absolutely no gut, no balls, and no desire to raise their child, these things are necessary. If a parent isn't going to teach them about homosexuals, then that leaves the schools. This entire lesson is based around the whole "everyone is special" and "different can be good" philosophy. Seeing as how that's school, it doesn't seem out of place.

AndrewGaspar said:

"Why the hell is there a gay and lesbian pride day? Are gays and lesbians only allowed to be proud on one day? I don't think dedicating a day to a minority is going to make things better. =P"
This is also a good point. Why is there a Black history month? Can we only celebrate African culture in February, when it's too damn cold to do anything else?
Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Hannibal

I must be lost, because it appears as if they're trying to teach tolerance of homosexuals at a young age, which is good. Yet somehow it's called brainwashing. It's like you WANT these kids to hate homosexuals.

Are you saying that it is BAD to be tolerant of homosexuality?

That's obviously a religious position, as there is no reason to believe that it is unnatural outside of religious teachings. After all, it's been around for all of human history and many animals have the tendency. If you believe that God created the universe as it is, or if you believe that he merely steered its evolution a la intelligent design, then saying homosexuality is unnatural and against God's will essentially means that God fucked up.

Edit: In History class I constantly learned about black people, so I never saw the point of black history month.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By breton

What's wrong with it? The only thing the submitter of the video had to say was "it's ungodly" and the teachers are "destroying out children's souls". Is this where you're coming from as well? Is it a total religious thing for you? I see no difference between this and black history month or any other minority shit. It's teaching kids to be tolerant of others, and I see no problem with it. They're not trying to convert people to homosexuality or anything. It's just letting people be aware of the fact that homosexuals exist, and that they are like us. Are they not? Or are they really "ungodly", as the submitter suggests?

Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'm not sure they are really trying to brainwash the kids into being gay, they are simply exposing and educating about the gay lifestyle and reasurring them that it's Ok to be gay, which is important in a society where gay people are mocked to a huge extent. Now they did over do it a bit.

Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Omega

I think its nice to see schools teaching kids to be accepting of gay people. If their parents don't like it they can put them in a christian school where they have bible study in place of science classes.

And really. Its just one day anyway. Like when you learn about racial sensitivity on MLK day.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Arkthemaniac
breton said:
"What's wrong with it? The only thing the submitter of the video had to say was "it's ungodly" and the teachers are "destroying out children's souls". Is this where you're coming from as well? Is it a total religious thing for you? I see no difference between this and black history month or any other minority shit. It's teaching kids to be tolerant of others, and I see no problem with it. They're not trying to convert people to homosexuality or anything. It's just letting people be aware of the fact that homosexuals exist, and that they are like us. Are they not? Or are they really "ungodly", as the submitter suggests?"
lol, Church of Homosexuality.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By AlexB

Wow just wow.

School is about academics. Leave it to the parents to teach their kids values.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Arkthemaniac
AlexB said:
"Wow just wow.

"
Arkthemaniac said:
...parents have absolutely no gut, no balls, and no desire to raise their child, these things are necessary....
"
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By breton
Arkthemaniac said:
Eh?
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Omega
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AlexB
Arkthemaniac said:
"AlexB said:
"Wow just wow.

"
Arkthemaniac said:
...parents have absolutely no gut, no balls, and no desire to raise their child, these things are necessary....
"
"
It's not the schools responsibility. It is the parents. If they do not, i think the child will learn eventually.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac

breton said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
Eh?"
Nevermind, you talked about converting people to being gay.
Omega said:
"Here's the way school kids used to be taught about gay people. Its shocking really. Is this how we want gays to be seen?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fsYQ4TKY_PQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fsYQ4TKY_PQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

(This is my first time embedding a video if I messed up heres the link.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsYQ4TKY_PQ )"

Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hannibal
AlexB said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"AlexB said:
"Wow just wow.

"
Arkthemaniac said:
"
"
It's not the schools responsibility. It is the parents. If they do not, i think the child will learn eventually."
Yet the KKK still exists (in some form) and the Westboro Baptist Church is around.

As much as I disapprove of moral messages from the government it seems pretty justified when it's to lessen internal strife in the country based on hatred.
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Omega

lol thx for that arkthemaniac I really got to get a handle on this whole internet thing. =P

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arkthemaniac
sidescroller said:
"This is not brainwashing.  Are you saying they should all be ignorant homophobes?

Or are you saying that they shouldn't admit gay people exist? 

That's kind of like pretending black people don't exist, or Muslam people, or people with mental disabilities.

Let's just all close our eyes and hope they dissapear shall we?"
Oh my god, my cab has no driver!

Okay, that may have been too much.......
Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zombie

Thats just wrong. They are saying that children are supposed to accept it even if their parents say otherwise. That makes me sick. They say its right, IMHO its wrong.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Omega said:
"lol thx for that arkthemaniac I really got to get a handle on this whole internet thing. =P"
No problem. When you want to embed, you have to click the "Edit HTML Code" button on the tool bar, then paste the embed code. No worries.

Zombie said:
"Thats just wrong. They are saying that children are supposed to accept it even if their parents say otherwise. That makes me sick. They say its right, IMHO its wrong."
The issue is that if parents have stupid views, should a child be forced to obey these stupid views because they share blood? Sure, you could say that they were forcing tolerance on them, but forcing tolerance is much better than forcing hate.
Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hannibal
Zombie said:
"Thats just wrong. They are saying that children are supposed to accept it even if their parents say otherwise. That makes me sick. They say its right, IMHO its wrong."
Kids have been taken away from parents who instead of getting life-saving treatments for deadly, but curable diseases, they pray. And those are the lucky kids.

This is a similar issue I think. They aren't taking these kids away from their parents, but if their parents are teaching them to hate homosexuals it's good to have a counteracting force.
breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By breton
Zombie said:
Schools also teach the acceptance of other races. Is that wrong?
Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zombie

I'm sorry but homosexuality is not a race.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Zombie said:
"I'm sorry but homosexuality is not a race."
This is true, it would classify as more of a "lifestyle" than race. However, if this lifestyle is harmless to everyone yet these people are still discriminated against, you have to teach tolerance. It's not like a Pedophile awareness day or a Genocidal Maniac pride day.
Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hannibal
Zombie said:
"I'm sorry but homosexuality is not a race."
Neither is religion.

Neither is political affiliation.

But there's a lot of hatred based on both.

Are you saying that hatred based on anything other than race can be justified?
Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Omega
Zombie said:
I guess it would be better for kids to berate their classmates, right? Beat up the skinny gay looking kid? Grow up to be some jock asshole in highschool tormenting the quiet, socially awkward kid until that kid can't take it anymore and drops out of school.

Teaching a child at a young age that being different is bad, just opens up a can of worms that can lead to another persons suffering. Whether you think being gay is right or wrong I think that you can agree that a little understanding goes a long way.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlexB
Hannibal said:
"AlexB said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"AlexB said:
"Wow just wow.

"
Arkthemaniac said:
"
"
It's not the schools responsibility. It is the parents. If they do not, i think the child will learn eventually."
Yet the KKK still exists (in some form) and the Westboro Baptist Church is around.

As much as I disapprove of moral messages from the government it seems pretty justified when it's to lessen internal strife in the country based on hatred."
The KKK will always exist (in some form). No amount of Gay Pride Days will change that. You're misconstruing parents not passing down good morals, with pure unadulterated evil.
Hannibal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hannibal

Not passing down good morals is different from passing down bad morals.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Arkthemaniac
AlexB said:
"The KKK will always exist (in some form). No amount of Gay Pride Days will change that. Your misconstruing parents not passing down good morals, with pure unadulterated evil."
When people are not taught, they automatically assume that people different than them are wrong. Some will be fine with it, some violent. This is human nature. They are getting rid of the violence.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AlexB
Hannibal said:
"Not passing down good morals is different from passing down bad morals."
You're saying that These gay pride days will some how lesson the formation of groups of KKK. Some people are just evil. Parents values won't change these people. They are going to hate, this one day will not change this. It may inform some people, but putting an end to groups like that, is just ludicrous.  Schools should just stick to academics IMHO.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlexB
Arkthemaniac said:
"AlexB said:
"The KKK will always exist (in some form). No amount of Gay Pride Days will change that. Your misconstruing parents not passing down good morals, with pure unadulterated evil."
When people are not taught, they automatically assume that people different than them are wrong. Some will be fine with it, some violent. This is human nature. They are getting rid of the violence."
You are generalizing this theory to every single person in the world. There are evil people in the world as there are good people. If you are a sensible person, you don't need to hate things which you do not understand. For the people that do, I'm doubting One day of irrelevancy will change this. I understand the message they are trying to send, but once again it is NOT their responsibility.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By serbsta

Its all part of the big plan. It wont take long, in a matter of 5 years every school in the US will have people come around and talk to them about it. Encourage it, make it look 'not so bad'.

breton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By breton
AlexB said:
You're saying that These gay pride days will some how lesson the formation of groups of KKK.
How will it not? We're not suggesting that the KKK will all of a sudden diminish. It won't. But look at America's not so distant past, when racial tension was high as shit. And now what's the general standpoint? That we're equal. And as tolerance of race is taught in school, why shouldn't sexual preference be?
Some people are just evil.
People are just evil? As soon as they begin to develop in the womb, they just decide "Hey, I'm going hate blacks, jews, and gays. Yeah, that sounds like a nice life plan. I can't wait to be born!"? People aren't born evil. Their personalities and perspectives are developed as they grow and are influenced by their family and peers. It's a fact of life, so yes, we're generalizing every single person in the world. It's why different cultures have different tendencies. Because that's how they were raised.
-If you are a sensible person, you don't need to hate things which you do not understand. For the people that do, I'm doubting One day of irrelevancy will change this.
-Parents values won't change these people. They are going to hate, this one day will not change this. It may inform some people, but putting an end to groups like that, is just ludicrous.
You're treating this situation as if we're trying to change an adults opinion. One day of talking to an adult, who's viewpoint is already set in stone, is obviously not going to change their opinion. A child has no preconceived knowledge of the subject. They neither hate, nor like. So what's the problem with teaching them to be tolerant?
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Arkthemaniac
AlexB said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"AlexB said:
When people are not taught, they automatically assume that people different than them are wrong. Some will be fine with it, some violent. This is human nature. They are getting rid of the violence."
You are generalizing this theory to every single person in the world. There are evil people in the world as there are good people. If you are a sensible person, you don't need to hate things which you do not understand. For the people that do, I'm doubting One day of irrelevancy will change this. I understand the message they are trying to send, but once again it is NOT their responsibility."
No, there are people that have behaviors common to everyone else. Difference is bad, unless told otherwise. Where the hell do you think the Crusades, Witch Hunts and FANBOYS came from?
SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I'm of the opinion that it's not a school's job to teach morality.  I have nothing against gay people, and I'll raise my child the same, but I don't want them learning about unconventional sexual behavior at an early age, and as a parent it should be my right to decide that.  I'll also say that if I ever heard my child was teasing another kid about being gay (either because it was true, or just to be mean), that would be the last time my kid ever did something like that, and I'd make damn sure of it. 

But no, a teacher has no damn right second guessing my moral values, and telling my children I'm wrong if I don't think the way the school wants me to.  Even though I agree with them, conversations like this are my job as a parent, and should wait until I feel they're ready.  And saying that anyone who doesn't like it should just send their kids to a religious school is ridiculous.  Not only do private schools cost money not everyone can afford, but I'm sure there are lots of non-religious people who don't want their kids learning about this stuff before they feel they're mature enough.

Schools should stick to teaching education, not morality.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Arkthemaniac
SpaceInsomniac said:
"I'm of the opinion that it's not a school's job to teach morality.  I have nothing against gay people, and I'll raise my child the same, but I don't want them learning about unconventional sexual behavior at an early age, and as a parent it should be my right to decide that.  I'll also say that if I ever heard my child was teasing another kid about being gay (either because it was true, or just to be mean), that would be the last time my kid ever did something like that, and I'd make damn sure of it. 

But no, a teacher has no damn right second guessing my moral values, and telling my children I'm wrong if I don't think the way the school wants me to.  Even though I agree with them, conversations like this are my job as a parent, and should wait until I feel they're ready.  And saying that anyone who doesn't like it should just send their kids to a religious school is ridiculous.  Not only do private schools cost money not everyone can afford, but I'm sure there are lots of non-religious people who don't want their kids learning about this stuff before they feel they're mature enough.

Schools should stick to teaching education, not morality."
I agree with this. I just wish parents weren't such meek morons when it comes to raising their kids.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By AlexB
breton said:
"AlexB said:
You're saying that These gay pride days will some how lesson the formation of groups of KKK.
How will it not? We're not suggesting that the KKK will all of a sudden diminish. It won't. But look at America's not so distant past, when racial tension was high as shit. And now what's the general standpoint? That we're equal. And as tolerance of race is taught in school, why shouldn't sexual preference be?
Some people are just evil.
People are just evil? As soon as they begin to develop in the womb, they just decide "Hey, I'm going hate blacks, jews, and gays. Yeah, that sounds like a nice life plan. I can't wait to be born!"? People aren't born evil. Their personalities and perspectives are developed as they grow and are influenced by their family and peers. It's a fact of life, so yes, we're generalizing every single person in the world. It's why different cultures have different tendencies. Because that's how they were raised.
-If you are a sensible person, you don't need to hate things which you do not understand. For the people that do, I'm doubting One day of irrelevancy will change this.
-Parents values won't change these people. They are going to hate, this one day will not change this. It may inform some people, but putting an end to groups like that, is just ludicrous.
You're treating this situation as if we're trying to change an adults opinion. One day of talking to an adult, who's viewpoint is already set in stone, is obviously not going to change their opinion. A child has no preconceived knowledge of the subject. They neither hate, nor like. So what's the problem with teaching them to be tolerant?"
Well my main point was that it's not the schools responsibility to be doing this. Someone brought the KKK up and i was just saying that one Gay Pride day won't prevent groups like the KKK from existing. But whatever, we obviously disagree on the topic, so I'll just leave it at that. I know that i would rather have my child learning about "reading, writing, and arithmetic", and have me explain how to be tolerant with all types of orientations, rather than time wasted.

Side Note: I suggest you read Lord of the Flies if you want to learn theory of the evil within. There are parallels of five different types of characters in the book that tests the theory of  "the beast within" and people who are truly good inside. This is how it goes Pure Evil, Semi-Evil, Middle Ground, Good, and Pure Good, to put it simply. All the boys are brought up in the same environment in the book.  Some people just have true hate within, and it doesn't really matter how they were brought up. It's personality. Some people are just like that (like the members of the KKK as an example already used). But whatever, I'm done.
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Keyser_Soze
serbsta said:
"Its all part of the big plan. It wont take long, in a matter of 5 years every school in the US will have people come around and talk to them about it. Encourage it, make it look 'not so bad'."
The one eyed one is coming...
mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By mandeponium

I don't want two moms. I need a grumpy old bald guy to yell at me when I do something bad. Dads build character.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Keyser_Soze
mandeponium said:
"I don't want two moms. I need a grumpy old bald guy to yell at me when I do something bad. Dads build character."
What you need is the belt.
mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mandeponium
Keyser_Soze said:
"mandeponium said:
"I don't want two moms. I need a grumpy old bald guy to yell at me when I do something bad. Dads build character."
What you need is the belt."
That too.
serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By serbsta
Keyser_Soze said:
"serbsta said:
"Its all part of the big plan. It wont take long, in a matter of 5 years every school in the US will have people come around and talk to them about it. Encourage it, make it look 'not so bad'."
The one eyed one is coming..."
He sure is.
mandeponium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mandeponium

Watch part 2.

That little girl's essay was garbage.

My mothers mean so, so, so, so, so much to me. I have two mothers. Two moms is pretty nice. Well, it's more than pretty nice; it's really nice. You can't imagine. Although having two mothers is a problem to other, I respect that's the way they think, and I can't do anything about it. I still think those people think stupidly......

Weak prose FTL.