The New Nightmare on Elm St. (Trailer)

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By LiquidSwords

Your thoughts. As for someone who saw the original when it came out on video, (What the hell is video?) I'm not sure about this. Like all new horror movies it's just pretty teens getting offed of to horrible nu-metal music. If you see the slasher films of the 80's a lot of teh kids look like actual kids you went to school with.  A plus is that they are making Freddy actually look like a burn victim (a la The Burning from the 80's) .

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

Freddy looks dumb, and the trailer makes it look like Freddy was innocent when he was burned, which would be the stupidest thing ever.

Edit:  He also sounds dumb.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By mike
@LiquidSwords: Oh yeah? I saw Nightmare on Elm Street on BETA.
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LiquidSwords
@MB:  oh man I totally forgot about BETA!

@ArchScabby:
That would be lame if  they do change the origin.
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By landon
@ArchScabby:  I think its suppose to be more like he was lying to get out of it. I mean, If you got caught, wouldn't so say or do anything to make people think you didn't? I'm pretty sure in the actual movie it will be more like the audience knows what he did and he just wants to escape.
Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Andorski

The part where he removes his jacket to show his stripped sweater was terrible.  The whole thing looks like a parody of the original line of films.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ArchScabby
@Landon: Well I hope, but just from the trailer they made it look like the parents killed an innocent man, and that's why he turned into Freddy.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By buzz_clik
@LiquidSwords said:

" A plus is that they are making Freddy actually look like a burn victim (a la The Burning from the 80's) . "

Ahhh, The Burning. What a great little grotty flick that is. The raft scene is classic.

And does this really need to be remade? Especially when I see the words 'Michael' and 'Bay' floating around in the trailer? Sheesh. Just stop already, people.

Gr1mace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Gr1mace

Freddy looks kinda like an overcooked Gollum. Wonder if he'll be wandering around peoples dreams lookin' for his precious. He also sounds like the Cajun prisoner from The Green Mile. Maybe he'll pull Mr. Jingles from his pocket at the end and go to Mouseville. I was mildly interested in this remake, but now I think I'll just pass.  

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64

As a big Nightmare on Elm Street fan, this movie looks like ass.  Freddy looked goofy as hell plus, no Robert England.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Emilio

I like that he looks burnt, but the trailer is shitty. 

I don't know, I always have to nit pick trailers because some of them continue to be done by the same idiots. They can make the movie way more appealing if they rework the trailer.

r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t

I mean the original Elm Streets weren't really masterpiece works... 

So I think this will be pretty good considering the source material.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai

The first credited name should tell you all you need to know.  They massacred Texas Chainsaw Massacre, then they ruined Friday the 13th and now they are going to rape  Nightmare on Elm Street. The fimakers f this film also rejected the idea of having Wes Craven as a consultant in this film because...who the fuck knows why. 

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#14  Edited By mike

This remake needs more Rob Zombie and less Michael Bay.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ArchScabby
@MB said:
" This remake needs more Rob Zombie and less Michael Bay. "
well wouldn't it just equal the same amoun of shittiness that way?
Gr1mace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gr1mace
@MB said:
" This remake needs more Rob Zombie and less Michael Bay. "
Seriously.
Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Druminator

i hate how his hand looks all transformerish when its coming out of the tub. his face looks dumb too. i think it's time we just start calling movies remakes like "hey are you going to the remakes friday?" or "have you seen that new harrison ford remake?"

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ninjakiller
@ArchScabby said:
" Freddy looks dumb, and the trailer makes it look like Freddy was innocent when he was burned, which would be the stupidest thing ever.  Edit:  He also sounds dumb. "
Wouldn't that give Freddy even more of a reason to come back and kill some kids?  If he really was innocent and they burned him up? 
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ArchScabby
@ninjakiller: why would an innocent man kill their kids though?  If he wanted revenge it would be on the people who killed him.  It's because he was a pedophile that he went after the kids.

And most of all it's just because that's the way the original was and they shouldn't change it.
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By teh_destroyer
@r3b3lr0b0t said:
" I mean the original Elm Streets weren't really masterpiece works...  So I think this will be pretty good considering the source material. "
They were masterpieces in the horror/slasher genre. So it won't do the original source material any good. 
It looks bad, I know a friend of mine who will want to watch this but I am not watching this in theaters.
Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Monkeyman04

I'm not going to judge the movie based off of this trailer. Since most trailers are misleading. 

Needless to say, this movie is most likely not going to be as great as the original movie was. Full of too cool for school people, that are in a lot of the new tween movies that are coming out. Oh well, we all will just have to wait to see.

ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ryoma122

i prefer the origanal
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I saw the original when my mom fell asleep when it was on HBO and thus couldn't stop me from seeing an R rated movie. The original is still quality even though they turned Freddy into more of a stand up comedian than a scary killer in the later movies.

But the remake looks like a total rip off. They totally stole the hand in the tub scene, and the one where the girl gets levitated up to the ceiling (doubt they'll make it as bloody as the original version) And why does freddy sound like he has a mouth full of marbles?
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By EvilTwin

This is bizarre.  Seeing someone who isn't Robert Englund playing Freddy, when Robert Englund was playing Freddy as recently as six years ago is just weird.  Then again, Jackie Earle Haley is an awesome actor if Watchmen is any indication.