Posted by Jrinswand (1703 posts) 1 year, 5 months ago

Poll: Three Men Walk Into A Room... Only One Comes Out Alive (114 votes)

Ethan Hunt (Mission: Impossible) 6%
James Bond (James Bond - the Daniel Craig version) 39%
Jason Bourne (The Bourne Series) 54%

I'm not going make special rules about who does or does not have certain types of gadgets. I'll leave that up to you guys to decide. I just want to know who you think would be the last person standing.

#1 Posted by FourWude (2261 posts) -

Definitely Ethan Hunt. Tom Cruise should have come out a long time ago.

#2 Edited by Jrinswand (1703 posts) -
#3 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4190 posts) -

Tom Cruise's character get's cocky, and lucky. New-Bond is just a cold-blooded mofo.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Ethan Hunt. Bond and Bourne stay in the room to debate who has the cooler name. Ethan Hunt was dismissed because seriously? Ethan?

#5 Posted by punkxblaze (2968 posts) -

The fact that the first option isn't Jack Bauer makes this entire poll invalid.

#6 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4190 posts) -
#7 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Sam Fisher silently kills them all but is in turn killed by Ezio, killed by, Corvo, killed by Solid Snake, ad infinitum.

#8 Posted by Jrinswand (1703 posts) -

The fact that the first option isn't Jack Bauer makes this entire poll invalid.

I haven't seen 24 and I'm not a huge fan of Kiefer Sutherland. Besides, I don't know anything about 24, but even so, there's just no way that Sutherland can hold his own with the rest of these guys.

#9 Posted by Nightriff (4979 posts) -

Ethan Hunt, out of those 3 it would be the one I root for

#10 Edited by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

Jason Bourne. In just a straight up fight he's not gonna go down.

#11 Edited by JustinNotJason (422 posts) -

@fourwude said:

Definitely Ethan Hunt. Tom Cruise should have come out a long time ago.

This.

@ravenlight said:

Sam Fisher silently kills them all but is in turn killed by Ezio, killed by, Corvo, killed by Solid Snake, ad infinitum.

Sam Fisher is drunk in the corner screaming about his daughter. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HIldF1fEJA )

Jason Bourne gets my vote.

#12 Posted by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

Gotta go with Ethan Hunt since he is played by Tom Cruise. The guy is small he could probably crawl out unnoticed while the other two were fighting each other

#13 Edited by Jrinswand (1703 posts) -

I would like to take a moment to point out, as my wife did last night while we were watching Skyfall, that in his latest movie, Daniel Craig Bond is all washed up. He was an alcoholic, he didn't pass his physical/psychological/marksman tests, and he only used one gadget - a radio - in the course of the entire 2.5 hour movie.

On other hand, when Bourne took some time off to booze it up and live incognito, he was able to go straight back to killing a ludicrous amount of dudes with ease.

#14 Edited by Jams (2960 posts) -

Brian Mills

#15 Edited by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

I hate the new bond, so I voted Bourne because I would just like to see him die. Plus the newest movie paints Bond as being a crippled old man who just seemed to get lucky more than anything.

#16 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

@jams said:

Brian Mills

Quoted. For. Truth.

#17 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

bourne and hunt are eaten by komodo dragons while bond performs a full court slam dunk off the back of one of the reptiles

#18 Edited by Winternet (8012 posts) -

Ethan Hunt, because Bond is entertained with the waitress and Bourne is just reading conspiracy theories.

#19 Posted by Pr1mus (3858 posts) -

Tom Cruise's character get's cocky, and lucky. New-Bond is just a cold-blooded mofo.

But Jason Bourne is a younger more athletic cold-blooded mofo.

#20 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4190 posts) -

@pr1mus said:
@blu3v3nom07 said:

But Jason Bourne is a younger more athletic cold-blooded mofo.

Bourne wears a sweater..

#21 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@video_game_king: Fleming disagrees with you that James Bond is a cool name

"Fleming once said in a Reader's Digest interview: "I wanted the simplest, dullest, plainest-sounding name I could find, and 'James Bond' was much better than something more interesting, like 'Peregrine Carruthers.'"

#22 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@canteu:

He only qualifies why it sounds so damn cool.

#23 Posted by awesomeusername (4168 posts) -

Give Jason Bourne a pen.

He wins.

#24 Posted by LTSmash (614 posts) -

Batman. He was concealed within the room's shadows before anyone arrived.

#25 Posted by LiquidPrince (15902 posts) -

Ethan Hunt isn't even in the same league as Bond and Bourne.

#26 Posted by Sackmanjones (4682 posts) -
#27 Edited by Butler (384 posts) -
#28 Posted by Fattony12000 (7270 posts) -

Peregrine Carruthers.

#29 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

@butler said:

@sackmanjones said:

@jakob187 said:

@jams said:

Brian Mills

Quoted. For. Truth.

yup.

I raise you.

A job at the end of the world. A salaried killer for a big petroleum company. I don't know why I did half the things I've done, but I know this is where I belong, surrounded by my own. Ex-cons, fugitives, drifters, assholes. Men unfit for mankind.

#30 Posted by MikkaQ (10281 posts) -

Jason Bourne seems like the most hands-on of the three in terms of combat. He's also really good at managing group combat. Plus he can make anything into a weapon so he doesn't need to rely on fancy equipment to function unlike the other two. Even an office would be littered with shit that Bourne can kill you with.

#31 Edited by villainy (554 posts) -

@mikkaq said:

Jason Bourne seems like the most hands-on of the three in terms of combat. He's also really good at managing group combat. Plus he can make anything into a weapon so he doesn't need to rely on fancy equipment to function unlike the other two. Even an office would be littered with shit that Bourne can kill you with.

Yep. This is a combat situation. Ethan Hunt would sneak his way into a secure area. James Bond would prefer to talk his way in. Jason Bourne would kill or incapacitate every motherfucker in his way coming and going.

#32 Posted by Zebracal (74 posts) -

Jason Bourne for me.

#33 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

You guys never played the game where you try to figure out how you would try to slow down (not stop) Jason Bourne if he busted into the room and tried to murder you? There's no game like that for James Bond or Ethan Hunt.

#34 Posted by TurboMan (7500 posts) -

Jason Bourne was breeded to be a killing machine.

#35 Edited by Jrinswand (1703 posts) -

@turboman said:

Jason Bourne was breeded to be a killing machine.

I think the word you are looking for is "bred." LOL. But yes, he was.

Edit: Also, @jams, Liam Neeson has no place in this thread. He's not a spy.