To anyone who has used Amazon before.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Gregomasta

I used amazon for the first time last week. I purchased a book, and signed up for a free month of amazon prime at the same time. Delivery estmate date was December 5th, It is now the 8th and I still don't have my book. Is this the norm for amazon?

Jerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Jerr

It's the holidays man, don't be surprised if things are a few days late.

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By joeq1159

Not at all. In fact Amazon does a great job of making right by customers if something goes wrong with your order. Contact them and they'll probably either explain why the delay happened or offer some kind of gift card. They're awesome like that. Also if you happen to be a student definitely sign up for amazon student service. You get all the awesomeness of prime for free (which a few limitations).

Okari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Okari

That's happened to me a few times. It's almost always because they either can't find it on the truck, or they just don't care to look. It was free shipping so I'd wait another day before contacting Amazon.

SerHulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By SerHulse

I've had that happen before, but they are really good at rectifying any problems, contact them, explain what has happened and they will most likely send a replacement.

Also, make sure you turn Auto Renew off for Amazon Prime, otherwise you'll be hit with a charge as soon as your free month is over (it's under "Prime Settings" in your Account)/

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Never had it happen, and I've ordered hundreds of things off Amazon. I actually got my Xbox and Gears 3 in one day when I chose the two-day shipping last week. Edit: I take that back. It happened with Dark Souls, but that was Bandai Namco's fault.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gregomasta

Hmm, I should probably contact them. I guess the holdays are effecting shipping, still kinda a bad first impression for me.

@Hulsey90: AH! Pro tip! Thanks for the reminder man.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Dany

Do you live in the states? I've never had that happened. I'm prime and amazon has always been great.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gregomasta

@Dany: Yeah, Illinois.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Slaker117

Been using Amazon for years and have only had one missed ship date, and that was only by one day.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dany

@Gregomasta: Hmm, if anything maybe the book is back ordered but yeah, call them. They are usually on top of it.

Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Deeveeus

I've been using Amazon Canada for years now, better service than any box store!

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gregomasta

While I have all your attention. What's amazons customer service number? I'm having more trouble than I thought I would have finding that number on the site.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Anytime I have used them the items came at least a day or two before the earliest ETA. I'm guessing that the delay is due to the Christmas season.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By toowalrus

@Gregomasta said:

I used amazon for the first time last week. I purchased a book, and signed up for a free month of amazon prime at the same time. Delivery estmate date was December 5th, It is now the 8th and I still don't have my book. Is this the norm for amazon?

My package was late as well, usually their estimated delivery is spot-on. I think it's the combination of holiday traffic and that first real snow of the winter (for us, anyway) that fucked everything up.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Karl_Boss
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Hizang

It's just cause of Christmas, it's why I ordered all the stuff I wanted this month last month.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tesla

Did you buy the book from Amazon, or a third party using Amazon? Every time I've ordered something from Amazon they've provided not only timely shipping, but tracking numbers as soon as the product ships.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BraveToaster

You can track your orders.

jgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jgf

Ever tried to use package tracking? Your Account -> Your Orders... etc.

I never had any problems with amazon. IMHO the best shop on the internet by far.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Axxol said:

You can track your orders.

Good advice right here.

Totally forgot they give you a tracking number.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Sooty

Man I used to love using Amazon, until I took an arrow in the knee.

ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ptc
@Gregomasta said:

I'm a prime member, and this is NOT the norm.
Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gregomasta

@rebgav: Thanks.

@Axxol: @jgf: @Still_I_Cry: I don't know if the tracker is broken or its due to my book being lost but the latest event and entire tracking history is:

"Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit - December 3, 2011 12:35:29 PM." It's December 10th btw, still no book. I just sent them an email asking where's my stuff. I'm not too worried since a lot of you have such high regards for amazon but I hope this gets resolved soon.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Man remember when all you could buy off Amazon were books?

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gregomasta

Well I got a very nice email from someone at amazon apologizing about my book being lost. They replaced the order and upgraded to one-day shipping, no additional cost for the replacement nor the upgrade shipping. Hopefully I get my book Monday.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28  Edited By dichemstys

I'd guess the holiday season or since it was your first purchase.

Mageman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mageman

I had no problems with Amazon (co.uk) however it's the holidays man, I would not advice you to order shit on the holiday season.

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By stinky

especially if you buy books you likely did not actually buy directly from amazon but through a third party that uses amazon.

amazon is like a conglomerate of many different sellers, some good some not so good.

oneWAYup7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By oneWAYup7

@Unknown_Pleasures: Yep, email them. I've always made contact with them through email and they've answered less than 2 hours later.

I've been buying on Amazon for more than 5 years and there's not a single bad thing i would say about them. Every error they made, they compensated me. Every missed shipping or delivery they had an explanation. Truly above every online store in my opinion.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jasta

This happens all the time at Christmas, don't worry about it.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mikey87144

They messed up 2 orders for me and gave me $40. That's 2 orders though in 3 years of me using them and hundreds of items.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By fattony12000

I've been ordering with amazon.co.uk since the 25th of October, 2002. I've had one thing not turn up in all that time, they sent me a replacement free of charge.

Why are you ordering things in December and expecting prompt delivery though? Prime/courier/third party delivery is a different matter of course.

Gregomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gregomasta

@Fattony12000: Hey, what're you attacking me for?

For those of you who were keeping up with my book saga. I got both orders today, which is odd since I got them at separate times. One left in my mail basket and one hand delivered. I would've ordered my new vid card through amazon but I was still dealing with this late delivery shit. Glad to have it. Now lets see if they'll let me return my original order for some profit.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By FireBurger

@Tesla said:

Did you buy the book from Amazon, or a third party using Amazon? Every time I've ordered something from Amazon they've provided not only timely shipping, but tracking numbers as soon as the product ships.

Yeah, if you actually ordered straight from Amazon, you should be able to track your package. If you ordered from their marketplace or a third-party seller, you'll need to contact that seller.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw you've resolved it. I've never had an issue with an Amazon purchase, either directly from them or from a third-party seller. They're my definite go-to for online shopping.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was your item prime eligible?

If so, this is not the norm at all. And since it isn't the norm, you can contact their customer support and get some reward for having a late order.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By strainedeyes

Yeah, you should contact them. Amazon is very easy going when it comes to giving you money back for any issues.