training to be an MMA fighter # 4 (the video)

• 56 results
Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Akyho

@tunaburn said:

@BigChickenDinner: i have posted my gym. all my videos of jiu jitsu tournaments. my cage fight. my gyms address. website. all my info. what am i making up? the fact that i get hurt? youre the dumbest guy i know. a fake loser pretending to be a marine. ill be flagging your posts so i dont see them anymore. constructive criticsm welcomed. calling me a liar is not.

Bigchicken is right. He is going about it in a tough love way. Army like, Soldiers are shouted at all the time and forced to run at things and scream and shout, stab shoot and fight with little care to ones self. Then after that is built into their core, they are then built on that to have self preservation as an instinct not a thought. So soldiers are an oxymoron. They are to throw themselves into the absolute worst yet know at the same time not to.

You need to get some fire in yours eyes. You need to face the fight more and just push through. I am not going to criticize you on skill or pain or anything since I am not the one in the ring or fighting real fights. However you need to get into a zone and breed fear out of you. Alot of the fear for that match was its your first fight and those quick punches to the face threw you out of any focus you had. There was ontop of that the psychology of "This guys bigger, hes hitting hard...shit can I do anything?" all these little thoughts that hut you when you got punched in the face. You were not throwing punches or kicks just trying to regain focus.

Thats what Bigchicken is meaning. The old saying you need to win the fight in your head before you can win the fight outside your head. Just in a very harsh way.

Id say do what ever you can to breed fear out of you, outside the ring. Otherwise its keep going into fights until its broken out of you. Once the fear is out you'll be finding yourself pretty crazy.

Id have to say much the same for pain aswell. I was thinking you had a glass stomach when he kneed you. Since a tone stomach can hurt the person hitting more than the person being hut. However the rib yeah that makes more sense. That was a shock to the system when you were already out of your head, it just threw you. Just need to get over that breed that out of you. How I dont know.

Goodluck and keep cool over Bigchicken he is just being tough to beat you into a better mind and mad to do better.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
James_Giant_Peach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just say good job for realising a dream dude, it can only get better from here.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By iam3green

ouch that looked like it hurt. good job on lifting him. thought you might have to bend him when lifting him. watching it again, you lifted him from his leg so.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By tunaburn

@Akyho: if you look at all his posts hes just a dick. on most of his posts hes just calling people names and being an all around asshole.

i have learned to try and stay as calm as i can so i dont gas out. learned that through my grappling tournaments actually since those can go for a long time with many rounds. its a different energy i need for mma. ive done a lot of sparring but that doesnt prepare you for the real thing. thats why im not fighting again right now. so i can better prepare since i know what its like.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By BBQBram

@BigChickenDinner: I'm sorry what was that? I accidentally read "HURRDURR HURR DURR IN THE MILITARY WE DO IT LIKE THIS HURR DURR RED MEAT SEMPER FI BRO".

Comparing a sport to a combat scenario. Right. "I've know Marines who break their ankles, then go 7 months in a combat zone walking on that shit 30-50 clicks a day with 130+ pounds of gear on. They don't stop because of pain." Congratulations, they've permanently fucked up their ankles. Permanent injuries are the most healthy path towards manliness, surely? Sounds more like you're shitting on the entire MMA like it's not alpha enough. Flagged.

@tunaburn: Keep it up Stevesie, follow your dreams and whatnot!

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By tunaburn

@BBQBram:

you are now my favorite person on here! i do admit there are people that would of kept going. but this was my first fight. i was kinda having trouble thinking clearly after those first punches. and i am serious when i say that knee hurt and i thought for sure my rib had broke all the way. and all i could think was, this is an amateur fight. it doesnt count towards anything. let it go so you can get back to training and fix your shitty stand up game. haha