Ugh... I'm going to go broke.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By Catolf

With so many games hitting stores in these past few months, i'm pulling out my hair trying to get my hands on them all, I haven't been this hype about games in two years, I was content, and then god damn, it all just blew up in my face!

Most is for 60 bucks no less which hurts my wallet so dearly.

I've gotten:

• Agarest Wars
  • Alan Wake
  • Persona 3 portable (preordered)
  • Bayonetta
  • Super Mario Bros Wii
  • Final Fantasy 13

These games below are what i want...

• Deadly Premonition
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • The Last Guardian
  • Final Fantasy vs/ 13
  • Final Fantasy Agito
  • NMH: Desperate struggle
  • Nier
  • Pokemon Black / White

Let alone all the other games I have put on the back burner that i need to buy..

• Shadow hearts 1 - 2
  • SMT Devil Survivor
  • SMT Strange journey
  • Any of the PW games
  • The legend of Zelda Spirit tracks.

And anything else strange or out there I should pick up.. *sigh*

Too much.. it'll take me a while before i manage to get all these.. anyone else having game issues? More like money issues..
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Catolf

With so many games hitting stores in these past few months, i'm pulling out my hair trying to get my hands on them all, I haven't been this hype about games in two years, I was content, and then god damn, it all just blew up in my face!

Most is for 60 bucks no less which hurts my wallet so dearly.

I've gotten:

• Agarest Wars
  • Alan Wake
  • Persona 3 portable (preordered)
  • Bayonetta
  • Super Mario Bros Wii
  • Final Fantasy 13

These games below are what i want...

• Deadly Premonition
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • The Last Guardian
  • Final Fantasy vs/ 13
  • Final Fantasy Agito
  • Nier
  • Pokemon Black / White

Let alone all the other games I have put on the back burner that i need to buy..

• Shadow hearts 1 - 2
  • SMT Devil Survivor
  • SMT Strange journey
  • Any of the PW games
  • The legend of Zelda Spirit tracks.

And anything else strange or out there I should pick up.. *sigh*

Too much.. it'll take me a while before i manage to get all these.. anyone else having game issues? More like money issues..
LincoIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LincoIn

I'd rather be overwhelmed than left with diddly squat to play. Oh and I would ad Mafia II and Fallout: New Vegas to your list. :P

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Catolf:  

• Take a long and deep look at your list and you'll suddenly find several titles that you dont actually need/crave, and wont truly enjoy, and they wont last. I mean.. Deadly Premonition ? Just because its what Giantbomb is all about nowadays? from what i understand its actually a SHITTY game...    Think about each and every game and you'll see that the list will drop to half. Not to mention that the more games you have, the less you actually play and the more they gather dust and break your heart. 
  • You mean Red Dead Redemption, not Revolver.. right ?
Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Black & White won't be coming this year, so you can scratch them off your list. 

Unless you're one of those people who imports the Japanese versions, then buys them again when they come out in English.  But if that's the case, I have a suggestion that will help with your money problems  :)

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47

buy red dead redemption, the rest is only rental quality, or simply skip them.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Catolf
@LincoIn said:

" I'd rather be overwhelmed than left with diddly squat to play. Oh and I would ad Mafia II and Fallout: New Vegas to your list. :P "

Unno, i'm more of an RPG type..XP But you have a point, rather have something to look forward too than nothing at all.

@fwylo said:

"

Red Dead Revolver

Redemption? "
Yeah my bad.. corrected..XD

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @Catolf:  

• Take a long and deep look at your list and you'll suddenly find several titles that you dont actually need/crave, and wont truly enjoy, and they wont last. I mean.. Deadly Premonition ? Just because its what Giantbomb is all about nowadays? from what i understand its actually a SHITTY game...    Think about each and every game and you'll see that the list will drop to half. Not to mention that the more games you have, the less you actually play and the more they gather dust and break your heart. 
  • You mean Red Dead Redemption, not Revolver.. right ?
"

yeah, corrected, But I do want to get the first installment one day.

Deadly Premonition is one of those games I think that it's because of my Dad having me watch twin peaks and finding strange injoyment in it, and I love strange games. I didn't pick up Persona 4 because it was the in thing at giant bomb, i got it cause i like SMT sense persona 3 and tried tog et my hand son all the games, sense each is a unique experiance.

But I do see your point, more than half on that list can be tossed, mostly cause it would collect dust. if I cut everything down it would be:

• The Last Guardian
  • Final Fantasy vs/ 13
  • Final Fantasy Agito
  • Nier
  • Pokemon Black / White

Deadly Prem might grace it because of how cheap it is.
fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By fini_fly

I have a big list of games I want too, but my fiance would leave me if I bought all of them. Buy one, play it, and enjoy it. By the time you are done that one, the others will hopefully have dropped in price.  Wash - Rinse - Repeat

Getting a game close to the release means nothing unless you have time to play it. I've only recently picked up InFAMOUS and Fallout 3 because I've been playing other games, and had I picked them up earlier, it would have been more expensive, and they would have sat around collecting dust. Or, I would have dropped all of the other games to play these and never have seen other games through.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By fwylo
@Catolf: I'm not trying to be a dick here just want to help you out. Not sure if English is your first language, from what I can tell it isn't.  But either way you should know you're spelling "since" wrong.  You're saying "sense", but it is "since".
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Kazona

I know how you feel. Just be glad you have the option to rent games, which I don't (and that really sucks)

Avatar image for deactivated-58b79d22eb7ed
deactivated-58b79d22eb7ed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'd get Deadly Premonition.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zeforgotten

That list is pretty much the same as the one I have made up in my head. 
Though I know for a fact that I won't go broke over that. It takes more to make me run out of money so fast

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Catolf
@fini_fly: Yeah I try to do that, I'm right now trying to get though Alan wake and Bayonetta but I see your point, you get swept up in the hype and you get all these games, then you have so many you can't devote time to them all.

I hate neglecting my games, I remember wen it was just the ps2 days and I got Jak and daxter, I devoted my self to every single release and beat all to completion. XD I'm so proud of myself.. accept jak X.. I own it.. about half way though, but I really don't fancy racing games... but I wanna continue the story line..*sigh* (I may pick up the psp releases way down the road when i can get them for like.. five bucks or something <<)

Maybe it's the hype, i need to tone it down and think
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Catolf
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

buy red dead redemption, the rest is only rental quality, or simply skip them.

"
See the thing is if i set priorities RDR would be the one I would try and rent.. or wait down the road for the price to drop nice and low and buy used or something..

@fwylo said:
" @Catolf: I'm not trying to be a dick here just want to help you out. Not sure if English is your first language, from what I can tell it isn't.  But either way you should know you're spelling "since" wrong.  You're saying "sense", but it is "since". "

Sorry, My bad, must be a bad habit of mine, I'm usually better about catching my Sp mistakes.

@Kazona said:
" I know how you feel. Just be glad you have the option to rent games, which I don't (and that really sucks) "

Well I did until out video store went down. I think I may get a gamefly account, it would make this much less of a panic and I can see what games I would like to buy after trying them out.

@tysonwritesel said:
" I'd get Deadly Premonition. "

That 20$ price tag is very, very tempting.

@ZeForgotten said:
" That list is pretty much the same as the one I have made up in my head. Though I know for a fact that I won't go broke over that. It takes more to make me run out of money so fast "

XD, as much as i want them right -now now now- I know it will be a long time before I get them all. Maybe after seeing prices drop, or buy used (which is usually best for me)
fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By fini_fly
@Catolf said:
 Maybe it's the hype, i need to tone it down and think "
Pretty much. Think of how much hype RDR is getting on the forums right now. It's hard not to want it.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Ace829

Pokemon White and Black doesn't even have a release date and I'm sure it'll either come out on holiday 2010 at the earliest or next year's holiday at the latest. Final Fantasy XIII Versus and Agito will have more info at this year's E3 and will give you a better sense of whether you're still interested or not. The Last Guardian will have more gameplay revealed at E3 most likely so you'll know whether you want it or not. 
So that leaves you with these games.

• Deadly Premonition - $20
  • No More Heroes 2 - $30
  • Red Dead Redemption - $60
  • Nier - $60
In total you will have spent a good $220. Of course if you find some good deals online, that amount will lower.
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Catolf
@fini_fly said:

" @Catolf said:

Maybe it's the hype, i need to tone it down and think "
Pretty much. Think of how much hype RDR is getting on the forums right now. It's hard not to want it. "
Yeah, i think i got swept up in it and the quick look didn't help. I'll tone it down, play Alan wake (which is awesome so far) and complete FF13 cause i'm close to the end.

@Ace829 said:

" Pokemon White and Black doesn't even have a release date and I'm sure it'll either come out on holiday 2010 at the earliest or next year's holiday at the latest. Final Fantasy XIII Versus and Agito will have more info at this year's E3 and will give you a better sense of whether you're still interested or not. The Last Guardian will have more gameplay revealed at E3 most likely so you'll know whether you want it or not. 
So that leaves you with these games.

• Deadly Premonition - $20
  • No More Heroes 2 - $30
  • Red Dead Redemption - $60
  • Nier - $60
In total you will have spent a good $220. Of course if you find some good deals online, that amount will lower. "

Yeah I didn't think i'd be getting that for a while but i wanted to list it. I'm hoping Vs/ 13 is as good as I expect as well as Agito, so it looks like i'll be watch some E3 coverage.

NMH2 is only 30? wow I'm surprised, i figured higher but that's nice to know. I figure I could get some good discounts and get that price lower, but it's awesome to see that i won't be breaking the bank on getting these.
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Catolf
@WinterSnowblind said:
" Black & White won't be coming this year, so you can scratch them off your list.  Unless you're one of those people who imports the Japanese versions, then buys them again when they come out in English.  But if that's the case, I have a suggestion that will help with your money problems  :) "
oh man, if only i could, i figured it may be out at the end of 2010 which was the only reason i put it on the last (or early 2011) considering all they are showing of it.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By subject2change

Nier is already at 45 on Amazon for today. RDR was at 54. Prices will drop quick enough and if you aren't playing them immediately no point in skipping.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Diamond

Through Amazon and counting credit I got both Alan Wake and RDR for $40 each.  Lesser games I can patiently wait until they're in the ~$20 range.  Games I considered buying day one but decided to wait for price drops have saved me hundreds of dollars in the last few months alone.

There's no reason you should be buying games for $60+ in the US today.

endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By endaround

There really isn't anything on your list that you can't get in 6-8months (like say if you wanted Sakura Wars or Disgaea Infinite neither of which might be available in a few months) 

And I must recommend Infinite Space.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Catolf
@Subject2Change said:

" Nier is already at 45 on Amazon for today. RDR was at 54. Prices will drop quick enough and if you aren't playing them immediately no point in skipping. "

I need to get on Amazon, they usually have really good deals. 

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Ace829

If you feel like waiting out a bit longer you could also check out the E3 2010 list thread and see the games that most interest you so you could save up some cash. Nintendo might finally have a huge year of exclusives and the rest isn't too shabby.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Catolf
@Diamond said:
" Through Amazon and counting credit I got both Alan Wake and RDR for $40 each.  Lesser games I can patiently wait until they're in the ~$20 range.  Games I considered buying day one but decided to wait for price drops have saved me hundreds of dollars in the last few months alone.  There's no reason you should be buying games for $60+ in the US today. "
You make a good point, the games market is getting ridiculous for me, i mean 60$ for a game now? I remember when 40-50 was too much for me and i'm dreading the day when it hit's 70-80 slandered price with no bonus items.

@endaround said:
" There really isn't anything on your list that you can't get in 6-8months (like say if you wanted Sakura Wars or Disgaea Infinite neither of which might be available in a few months)  And I must recommend Infinite Space. "

I'd only dispute you on the SMT titles not being around 6-8 months from now (unless online) because once one comes out, they poof, and I never see them again. I lost out on Strange Journey and the ever illusive Devil Survivor.. (I can't even find one used *sigh*) I was thinking about getting DI but you think it would be gone if that wasn't a day one purchase?

And is Infinite Space good, I've seen some screen shots but I've been unsure, but I'm always looking to expand my DS collection with some good games.
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Catolf
@Ace829 said:
" If you feel like waiting out a bit longer you could also check out the E3 2010 list thread and see the games that most interest you so you could save up some cash. Nintendo might finally have a huge year of exclusives and the rest isn't too shabby. "
I'll have to check out that thread, Nintendo having a good year is a long time coming XD
endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By endaround
@Catolf:  About 2 years a go or so Atlus stopped having their own store and partnered with Amazon to be their "official" store.  Since then very few Atlus games stay out of print long.  Strange Journey and Devil Survivor are both there as are even DDS 1&2 and Nocturne.  The Devil Summoner series is still hard to come by though they may do a reprint. 

NISA as been getting better about runs, but for example Ar Tonelico 2 basically disappeared after 8 weeks out.  A Disagea game proper would be one thing, but DI is so niche who knows? 

Infinite Space is really good.  If they had a slightly better combat system it would be one of the best games I ever played.
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Catolf
@endaround said:
" @Catolf:  About 2 years a go or so Atlus stopped having their own store and partnered with Amazon to be their "official" store.  Since then very few Atlus games stay out of print long.  Strange Journey and Devil Survivor are both there as are even DDS 1&2 and Nocturne.  The Devil Summoner series is still hard to come by though they may do a reprint.  NISA as been getting better about runs, but for example Ar Tonelico 2 basically disappeared after 8 weeks out.  A Disagea game proper would be one thing, but DI is so niche who knows?  Infinite Space is really good.  If they had a slightly better combat system it would be one of the best games I ever played. "
I think out of ATLUS games I need...

• (I don't have any of the Devil summoner.)
  • SMT Raidou Kusunoha vs/ The souless Army 2 (I have the first, came across the second and didn't have the money to buy and now it's gone *sad*
  • Devil survivor
  • Strange Journey.
  • Persona 2

I have the other's. But it's nice to see that they are printing more. Do you know DI's release date? I'll mark it down just in case. And I'll have to check out IS when i have more money, it's always good to find more DS games that are worth playing.
subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By subject2change
@Catolf said:
" @Subject2Change said:

" Nier is already at 45 on Amazon for today. RDR was at 54. Prices will drop quick enough and if you aren't playing them immediately no point in skipping. "

I need to get on Amazon, they usually have really good deals.    "
Ya they have "deals" however for me the deals normally end up on my shelf for ever. I bought Pokemon gold for 28 bucks about 2 weeks after it came out. Havent opened it or touched it. Bought Spirit Tracks for 18, again shelf. I do it for plenty of games and I need to stop LOL. I find myself spending 150+ a month on Amazon for random deals I come across on Books, Movies, Music, Games, whatever.
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Catolf
@Subject2Change said:
" @Catolf said:
" @Subject2Change said:

I need to get on Amazon, they usually have really good deals.    "
Ya they have "deals" however for me the deals normally end up on my shelf for ever. I bought Pokemon gold for 28 bucks about 2 weeks after it came out. Havent opened it or touched it. Bought Spirit Tracks for 18, again shelf. I do it for plenty of games and I need to stop LOL. I find myself spending 150+ a month on Amazon for random deals I come across on Books, Movies, Music, Games, whatever. "
LOL i've done that plenty, i've gottent hough about half of pokemon gold, even have my pokewalker on my hip but i haven't touched the game in a week, i started playing Phantom hourglass (cause of all the storms out here we are usually with out power a lot so hand held gaming is where it is at.) Books i'm just as bad, I got more than a few I've bought  for a deal and haven't read yet, manga not so much, i get thought hem just fine.
MrSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrSnow

I can't belive you want deadly premonition.  

The ER is enough of that shit

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Catolf
@MrSnow said:
" I can't belive you want deadly premonition.   The ER is enough of that shit "
people like different things. *shrug*
endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By endaround
@Catolf: I meant the Raidou games under the Devil Summoner name-Not sure if any of the other even got released here. 

There is a fan translation of P2:IS out there... 

DI is released June 8th
fatalframer39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fatalframer39

I use to have the same problem - too many games and not enough money to buy them all. But I bought them anyways and found myself with like 8 games that just sat on my shelves because I never had time to play them. 

Best to just buy one game, hopefully one that can last you more than a couple days, beat it - then get the next one. Most games lately at my local retailers have dropped $10 - 20 in price after the first month or 2 of being released.

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Catolf
@endaround said:
" @Catolf: I meant the Raidou games under the Devil Summoner name-Not sure if any of the other even got released here.  There is a fan translation of P2:IS out there...  DI is released June 8th "
Oh alright. I may have to wait for p2 to hit the psp (supposedly the rumor going around) and i may reserve DI then before june, sounds like a good plan.
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Catolf
@fatalframer39 said:
" I use to have the same problem - too many games and not enough money to buy them all. But I bought them anyways and found myself with like 8 games that just sat on my shelves because I never had time to play them.  Best to just buy one game, hopefully one that can last you more than a couple days, beat it - then get the next one. Most games lately at my local retailers have dropped $10 - 20 in price after the first month or 2 of being released. "
yeah, it's a good idea, I get overwhelmed and then I don't play anything XD One at a time is a good plan, and saves cash.
fatalframer39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fatalframer39
@Catolf: Ha! I'm soo glad I'm not the only one who gets overwhelmed with all the new games they just purchased and can't decided which to play - so they play none. 

For me it's really sad... I can't choose what to play... So I watch.. Spongebob.
Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Catolf
@fatalframer39 said:
" @Catolf: Ha! I'm soo glad I'm not the only one who gets overwhelmed with all the new games they just purchased and can't decided which to play - so they play none.  For me it's really sad... I can't choose what to play... So I watch.. Spongebob. "
LOL no you are not alone. I got all these great games, start them all then.. go O.O and watch TV... XD then the process starts all over again