• 75 results
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By Meowayne

Select a random group of 5000 US citizens, give them this article to read and ask them whether they find these soldier's actions despicable.
Repeat the survey with another group of 5000, but this time, replace each instance of the word "civilians" with "unarmed muslims" or "arabs". 

Compare results.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Pinworm45
@Detrian said:

" @Pinworm45 said:

" I always find it funny when people freak out of the actions of a few select soldiers (who absolutely did something disgraceful) but don't give a shit about the constant use of civilians as suicide bombers that their opposition is using.  "

Select few huh? Woops what's this an official survey that found that  only 47 percent of the soldiers and 38 percent of Marines said noncombatants should be treated with dignity and respect?

Well that doesn't mean that they do bad stuff right oh shit look an article about troops baiting and killing civilians by shouting "Jesus killed Mohammed" through a bullhorn as they roll through town in their armored vehicles uh oh.

Oh no what's this a documentary on the revenge killing and subsequent coverup story on the murder of more than 15 civilians at the hands of marines who were later declared innocent even against hard evidence oh dear

I guess it doesn't matter because we are no worse than the insurgents and their suicide bombers right? oh man  look another poll that found that 75 percent of afghans believe foreigners disrespect their religion and traditions, 68 percent believe NATO forces do not protect them and  70% percent said recent military actions in their area were bad for the Afghan people. "
Seriously? Okay. 

1. A minority of soldiers don't think noncombatants should be treated with dignity and respect. Well, clearly that's an unfair question given that in the current areas of operation, the enemy soldiers hide among or as civilians. Is being polite to some asshole in the way nicely and saying please and thank you relevant when he could kill you? Is it worth risking the life of yourself and your fellow soldiers over being nice? I certainly don't think so. 

2. Wow, an article about a few people antagonizing. What does this prove? Again, I admitted a select few soldiers behave disgracefully. I'm pretty sure you can say this of any nation. Or city, even, if you use civilians and look at crime rates. Speaking of which, you know many soldiers are criminals, right? I'm not saying that makes their actions better or excuses it, but that's not relevant to my initial quote. 

3. See above. Another article about a small handful of marines. This doesn't go against anything I said. 

4. Wow, holy shit, 75% of the civilians in a nation we're at war with feel like we disrespect their religion which oppresses women and stones apostates. Not only does my heart pump piss, this is so clearly biased and irrelevant to anything. Would you believe me if I told you that some jews felt the nazis disrespected them? Hey, I bet if you ask some victims of 9/11 if they felt like the taliban disrespected their religion or traditions, you'd get some interesting answers. 

What relevance does that have? to anything? At all?  

Furthermore, you would honestly describe the US behavior in Afghanistan as "no worse" than them? Seriously? Are you for real? 

I'll never understand people like you, sorry. 

I guess it doesn't matter that they use pregnant women to suicide bomb hospitals when we're impolite and don't respect their religion.
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Pinworm45:   The point is that you're from a Secular Democratic Nation and they're not.  There are different standards, practices and experiences at play and yes, American soldiers need to act on better behaviour and with greater moral fortitude than their hosts.  Lead by example et al.

Also, you're comparing combatants who use guerrilla tactics with badly racist behaviour.  Don't.  It makes you sound fucking retarded.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By TheGreatGuero

and I thought I played too much Fallout 3...

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pinworm45
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @Pinworm45:    Also, you're comparing combatants who use guerrilla tactics with badly racist behaviour.  Don't.  It makes you sound fucking retarded. "
What the fuck are you talking about? That's literally what was linked me. I was link linked me two articles about how some civilians in a nation we're at war with and invading think we disrespect their culture. What the fuck was I supposed to say? He can't say something absurd and retarded like that, then have spin it around on me like I'm the one comparing them. I'm not the one who linked both sites with together. 

Furthermore.. yeah. There are different standards. And I think it's ridiculous. That was what I said in the first place. I said these soldiers behaved disgracefully. I still think it's retarded that everyone flips out over retarded shit (IE we're impolite when we have to search their houses because they're hiding fugitives) but no one gives a shit when they stap bombs to children to blow up hospitals. 

It's ridiculous.
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Detrian
@Pinworm45 said:
" @Detrian said:

" @Pinworm45 said:

" I always find it funny when people freak out of the actions of a few select soldiers (who absolutely did something disgraceful) but don't give a shit about the constant use of civilians as suicide bombers that their opposition is using.  "

Select few huh? Woops what's this an official survey that found that  only 47 percent of the soldiers and 38 percent of Marines said noncombatants should be treated with dignity and respect?

Well that doesn't mean that they do bad stuff right oh shit look an article about troops baiting and killing civilians by shouting "Jesus killed Mohammed" through a bullhorn as they roll through town in their armored vehicles uh oh.

Oh no what's this a documentary on the revenge killing and subsequent coverup story on the murder of more than 15 civilians at the hands of marines who were later declared innocent even against hard evidence oh dear

I guess it doesn't matter because we are no worse than the insurgents and their suicide bombers right? oh man  look another poll that found that 75 percent of afghans believe foreigners disrespect their religion and traditions, 68 percent believe NATO forces do not protect them and  70% percent said recent military actions in their area were bad for the Afghan people. "
Seriously? Okay.  1. A minority of soldiers don't think noncombatants should be treated with dignity and respect. Well, clearly that's an unfair question given that in the current areas of operation, the enemy soldiers hide among or as civilians. Is being polite to some asshole in the way nicely and saying please and thank you relevant when he could kill you? Is it worth risking the life of yourself and your fellow soldiers over being nice? I certainly don't think so.  2. Wow, an article about a few people antagonizing. What does this prove? Again, I admitted a select few soldiers behave disgracefully. I'm pretty sure you can say this of any nation. Or city, even, if you use civilians and look at crime rates. Speaking of which, you know many soldiers are criminals, right? I'm not saying that makes their actions better or excuses it, but that's not relevant to my initial quote.  3. See above. Another article about a small handful of marines. This doesn't go against anything I said.  4. Wow, holy shit, 75% of the civilians in a nation we're at war with feel like we disrespect their religion which oppresses women and stones apostates. Not only does my heart pump piss, this is so clearly biased and irrelevant to anything. Would you believe me if I told you that some jews felt the nazis disrespected them? Hey, I bet if you ask some victims of 9/11 if they felt like the taliban disrespected their religion or traditions, you'd get some interesting answers.  What relevance does that have? to anything? At all?   Furthermore, you would honestly describe the US behavior in Afghanistan as "no worse" than them? Seriously? Are you for real?  I'll never understand people like you, sorry.  I guess it doesn't matter that they use pregnant women to suicide bomb hospitals when we're impolite and don't respect their religion. "

It's quite clear to me you didn't actually read any articles so I will answer you in similarly vapid bullet points:

1- Since when is more than half "a minority"? And it's not like they are not being "polite", is that they are beating the shit out of civilians and destroying or stealing their belongings for no reason. I don't think you understand that more than half of the troops think it's okay to beat the fuck out of any civilian.

2- Those "few soldiers" were not antagonizing. they committed a massacre under a religious banner. Just in case you didn't read hard enough.

3-  You know, number two and three were supposed to let you know that acts of wanton civilian murder is common. I could post more links to more reports of "bad apples" killing innocents if you want.

4-  Good job assuming absolutely everyone in Afghanistan is in fact stoning women. I guess the bad apples example doesn't apply to their hardcore religious followers because....huh.....they are the enemy I guess? Who cares if more than half of them think soldiers are there to destroy their country and religion, right? I also love your example about jews and nazis and how you appear to be blind to the irony of america being the parallel to the nazis.

And just for the record, yes. I would describe the US behavior in Afghanistan as no worse. In fact, I'd describe it as worse seeing how people actually want the Taliban there but not your heroic soldiers. 

Oh and that thing about pregnant women bombing hospitals is fantasy, just so you know.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Pinworm45
@Detrian said: 

It's quite clear to me you didn't actually read any articles so I will answer you in similarly vapid bullet points:

1- Since when is more than half "a minority"? And it's not like they are not being "polite", is that they are beating the shit out of civilians and destroying or stealing their belongings for no reason. I don't think you understand that more than half of the troops think it's okay to beat the fuck out of any civilian.   

2- Those "few soldiers" were not antagonizing. they committed a massacre under a religious banner. Just in case you didn't read hard enough.   

3-  You know, number two and three were supposed to let you know that acts of wanton civilian murder is common. I could post more links to more reports of "bad apples" killing innocents if you want.        

4-  Good job assuming absolutely everyone in Afghanistan is in fact stoning women. I guess the bad apples example doesn't apply to their hardcore religious followers because....huh.....they are the enemy I guess? Who cares if more than half of them think soldiers are there to destroy their country and religion, right? I also love your example about jews and nazis and how you appear to be blind to the irony of america being the parallel to the nazis.   

And just for the record, yes. I would describe the US behavior in Afghanistan as no worse. In fact, I'd describe it as worse seeing how people actually want the Taliban there but not your heroic soldiers.   Oh and that thing about pregnant women bombing hospitals is fantasy, just so you know. "

1. Since when is 47% or 38% more than half? you're aware that Marines and Army soldiers are two different things, right? You're aware that a majority is over 50%, right? Good lord, man, that one wasn't hard. Furthmore, how "treat with dignity and respect" translates into "beat the shit out of" I have no idea. Regardless, you have likely never been in a combat scenario, right? You have no idea how the situations there can get. Sometimes you simply can't be a jolly guy. Peoples lives are in danger. I think it's perfectly understandable for soldiers to not care about dignity and respect when the lives of their comrades is at stake. Furthermore, the opinion of these soldiers doesn't mean anything here, and it's most certainly not relevant to anything I said.

2. I got that. Although I'd define the shouting "jesus killed mohammed" thing as antagonizing and the assault on anyone who came to show their opinion with fists as the massacre, but semantics, I don't disagree here. 

3. Common? Every single incident like this that happens is basically made into a huge deal. And don't get me wrong, it should be. US troops should be held to a higher standard. These incidents they commit are disgraceful. But calling it common is absolutely absurd. 

4. I don't know how you got "every single person in afghanistan is stoning women" from anything I said, but people like you who are of the bleeding heart liberal type (regardless of whether or not you're a liberal. And before you make this a political thing or think that's my intention, I hate right winged people just as much.) who live in a fantasy world where things can work out perfectly tend to do this. I have no idea why you can't have a rational discussion without resorting to pointless straw men, but then again that's all you people ever seem to do. Anyway, women are oppressed, it's apostates that are stoned.  As for half of their civilians (wasn't it 75% earlier? Irrelevant) thinking The US there to destroy their religion.. so? seriously, so fucking what? What's your point? Of course they do, the US is bombing their country. Do you expect them to be happy about it? Do you expect their leaders who obviously have a hatred for western values are going to say "no seriously guys they're actually here to help, because we're corrupt and shit"? What relevance does this have to ANYTHING, nevermind anything I said? 

@Detrian said: 

"Oh and that thing about pregnant women bombing hospitals is fantasy "

Good lord.

@Detrian said:     

And just for the record, yes. I would describe the US behavior in Afghanistan as no worse. In fact, I'd describe it as worse seeing how people actually want the Taliban there but not your heroic soldiers. 

I'm pretty sure the people who were suicide bombed didn't want the suicide bomber there. What the fuck does this have to do with anything?  

Can you at least form a coherent rational rebuttal, rather than talking about nothing that has anything to do with anything? Maybe you're jaded and used to talking to right winged people and want this debate to go all over the place or something, but I have no interest in that and I never did. All I ever said is that I think it's ridiculous everyone freaks out over small amounts of disgraceful behavior by US troops when no one gives two fucks about the things the nations the US is fighting do in return. Not even to the US, by the way, but to their own fucking people. 

And be the way, they certainly aren't my heroes, I'm no American.
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Detrian
@Pinworm45 said:

" @Detrian said: 

And just for the record, yes. I would describe the US behavior in Afghanistan as no worse. In fact, I'd describe it as worse seeing how people actually want the Taliban there but not your heroic soldiers.   Oh and that thing about pregnant women bombing hospitals is fantasy, just so you know. "

1. Since when is 47% or 38% more than half? you're aware that Marines and Army soldiers are two different things, right? You're aware that a majority is over 50%, right? Good lord, man, that one wasn't hard. Furthmore, how "treat with dignity and respect" translates into "beat the shit out of" I have no idea. Regardless, you have likely never been in a combat scenario, right? You have no idea how the situations there can get. Sometimes you simply can't be a jolly guy. Peoples lives are in danger. I think it's perfectly understandable for soldiers to not care about dignity and respect when the lives of their comrades is at stake. Furthermore, the opinion of these soldiers doesn't mean anything here, and it's most certainly not relevant to anything I said.

2. I got that. Although I'd define the shouting "jesus killed mohammed" thing as antagonizing and the assault on anyone who came to show their opinion with fists as the massacre, but semantics, I don't disagree here. 

3. Common? Every single incident like this that happens is basically made into a huge deal. And don't get me wrong, it should be. US troops should be held to a higher standard. These incidents they commit are disgraceful. But calling it common is absolutely absurd. 

4. I don't know how you got "every single person in afghanistan is stoning women" from anything I said, but people like you who are of the bleeding heart liberal type (regardless of whether or not you're a liberal. And before you make this a political thing or think that's my intention, I hate right winged people just as much.) who live in a fantasy world where things can work out perfectly tend to do this. I have no idea why you can't have a rational discussion without resorting to pointless straw men, but then again that's all you people ever seem to do. Anyway, women are oppressed, it's apostates that are stoned.  As for half of their civilians (wasn't it 75% earlier? Irrelevant) thinking The US there to destroy their religion.. so? seriously, so fucking what? What's your point? Of course they do, the US is bombing their country. Do you expect them to be happy about it? Do you expect their leaders who obviously have a hatred for western values are going to say "no seriously guys they're actually here to help, because we're corrupt and shit"? What relevance does this have to ANYTHING, nevermind anything I said? 

@Detrian said: 

"Oh and that thing about pregnant women bombing hospitals is fantasy "

Good lord.

@Detrian said:     

I'm pretty sure the people who were suicide bombed didn't want the suicide bomber there. What the fuck does this have to do with anything?   Can you at least form a coherent rational rebuttal, rather than talking about nothing that has anything to do with anything? Maybe you're jaded and used to talking to right winged people and want this debate to go all over the place or something, but I have no interest in that and I never did. All I ever said is that I think it's ridiculous everyone freaks out over small amounts of disgraceful behavior by US troops when no one gives two fucks about the things the nations the US is fighting do in return. Not even to the US, by the way, but to their own fucking people.  And be the way, they certainly aren't my heroes, I'm no American. "

Oh my god. You seriously can't understand that only 47% of soldiers and 38% of marines are the ones that think people SHOULD NOT be mistreated? I'm not even sure if I want to read the rest of this huge wall of text when you don't get something so basic but I guess I'll have to.

1- Just read the article would you? All your questions are answered there.
2- Aha
3- No seriously read that first article.
4- I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in you saying that the murder of civilians is done just by a few bad people but then you have the guts to claim 28 million people don't deserve to get respect because of the actions of a few, that's all. 

And as for your final statements I would like you to find a single article about a pregnant woman bombing a hospital and also remind you that you are, again, being dumb and thinking about "Afghanistan" as the enemy when it is in fact the Taliban and the insurgency that you are fighting against. I guess I can't expect much from an american since you've been trained to think of Afghanistan as the enemy so I'll just reinstate that yes, you are doing more harm than good and yes the occupying forces are worse than the Taliban.

Edit: Oh wait not american? GASP! You could have fooled me.
YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By YoThatLimp

A military force made up on the bottom 10% of american society is doing stupid shit in wartime...whoa, shocking?

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Pinworm45
@Detrian said: 

Oh my god. You seriously can't understand that only 47% of soldiers and 38% of marines are the ones that think people SHOULD NOT be mistreated? I'm not even sure if I want to read the rest of this huge wall of text when you don't get something so basic but I guess I'll have to.  1- Just read the article would you? All your questions are answered there. 2- Aha 3- No seriously read that first article. 4- I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in you saying that the murder of civilians is done just by a few bad people but then you have the guts to claim 28 million people don't deserve to get respect because of the actions of a few, that's all.   And as for your final statements I would like you to find a single article about a pregnant woman bombing a hospital and also remind you that you are, again, being dumb and thinking about "Afghanistan" as the enemy when it is in fact the Taliban and the insurgency that you are fighting against. I guess I can't expect much from an american since you've been trained to think of Afghanistan as the enemy so I'll just reinstate that yes, you are doing more harm than good and yes the occupying forces are worse than the Taliban.  Edit: Oh wait not american? GASP! You could have fooled me. "

Alright, that was my bad on the percentages. I was reading it backwards (IE 47% against, instead of for). My mistake there. It still doesn't change anything, it's still completely understandable and it still has nothing to do with anything I said, though. 

2. aha what? I said from the start these actions were inexcusable. 
3. Your proof that these actions are common is one article? I mean, I know you can find more, and every incident like those is horrible. It's still not common. 
4. Where in the hell did I ever claim that 28 million people people don't deserve to get respect because of the actions of a few? Didn't I already scold your use of straw men? Why can't you have a rational debate without resorting to that? 

No seriously, I'm looking for an answer. Hopefully one that doesn't involve mixing things I've said to form ridiculous conclusions, but I'm braced for that inevitability. 

here's an article:  http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/12/1213_041213_tv_suicide_bombers.html All it took was a simple google search. Albeit these pregnant women didn't bomb a hospital. Which I suspect you'd cling too, fruitlessly, because hospitals HAVE been bombed, and if all you can fall on is the semantics of whether it was pregnant women doing it as if that makes it better, then that just makes it easier for me.

As for Afghanistan being the enemy.. well uh. The us is at war with Afghanistan right now. So yeah.. they're the enemy of the US.  

Furthermore, stop refering to the US army as "me". I am not US. You said that in your post so you clearly are aware of that. But saying they're worse than the Taliban. Seriously? 

The united states army is worse than the Taliban because their soldiers don't feel like showing respect towards the religion of a nation they're at war with, a nation which instigated the war (whether or not you want to say it was the Taliban or the Afghanistan government itself behind it is irrelevant, this is where they are being harbored) and is responsible for very dirty fighting, not to mention assaults on their own people. This is what you're saying?  

Seriously? I mean, seriously? You think the united states army is worse than the Taliban? 

Seriously?  

Like.. seriously? 

I mean, are you just trolling or something? I guess it's working 'cause I kinda believe you. Seems kinda weird though since I'm not an American and I have no interest in the war, and if you want to piss off Americans there are far better ways.. 

But really? I mean, honestly now.
GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GunnBjorn

The Afghan hatred towards the USA seems all the more legit now. Really, it's just a matter of time until something bad happens again...
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Pinworm45
@GunnBjorn said:
" The Afghan hatred towards the USA seems all the more legit now. Really, it's just a matter of time until something bad happens again... "
I don't see how this changes anything. the US invaded their country and killed lots of people, why does this change anything?
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Detrian
@Pinworm45 said:
" @Detrian said: 

Oh my god. You seriously can't understand that only 47% of soldiers and 38% of marines are the ones that think people SHOULD NOT be mistreated? I'm not even sure if I want to read the rest of this huge wall of text when you don't get something so basic but I guess I'll have to.  1- Just read the article would you? All your questions are answered there. 2- Aha 3- No seriously read that first article. 4- I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in you saying that the murder of civilians is done just by a few bad people but then you have the guts to claim 28 million people don't deserve to get respect because of the actions of a few, that's all.   And as for your final statements I would like you to find a single article about a pregnant woman bombing a hospital and also remind you that you are, again, being dumb and thinking about "Afghanistan" as the enemy when it is in fact the Taliban and the insurgency that you are fighting against. I guess I can't expect much from an american since you've been trained to think of Afghanistan as the enemy so I'll just reinstate that yes, you are doing more harm than good and yes the occupying forces are worse than the Taliban.  Edit: Oh wait not american? GASP! You could have fooled me. "

Alright, that was my bad on the percentages. I was reading it backwards (IE 47% against, instead of for). My mistake there. It still doesn't change anything, it's still completely understandable and it still has nothing to do with anything I said, though. 

2. aha what? I said from the start these actions were inexcusable. 
3. Your proof that these actions are common is one article? I mean, I know you can find more, and every incident like those is horrible. It's still not common. 
4. Where in the hell did I ever claim that 28 million people people don't deserve to get respect because of the actions of a few? Didn't I already scold your use of straw men? Why can't you have a rational debate without resorting to that? 

No seriously, I'm looking for an answer. Hopefully one that doesn't involve mixing things I've said to form ridiculous conclusions, but I'm braced for that inevitability. 

here's an article:  http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/12/1213_041213_tv_suicide_bombers.html All it took was a simple google search. Albeit these pregnant women didn't bomb a hospital. Which I suspect you'd cling too, fruitlessly, because hospitals HAVE been bombed, and if all you can fall on is the semantics of whether it was pregnant women doing it as if that makes it better, then that just makes it easier for me. As for Afghanistan being the enemy.. well uh. The us is at war with Afghanistan right now. So yeah.. they're the enemy of the US.   Furthermore, stop refering to the US army as "me". I am not US. You said that in your post so you clearly are aware of that. But saying they're worse than the Taliban. Seriously?  The united states army is worse than the Taliban because their soldiers don't feel like showing respect towards the religion of a nation they're at war with, a nation which instigated the war (whether or not you want to say it was the Taliban or the Afghanistan government itself behind it is irrelevant, this is where they are being harbored) and is responsible for very dirty fighting, not to mention assaults on their own people. This is what you're saying?   Seriously? I mean, seriously? You think the united states army is worse than the Taliban?  Seriously?   Like.. seriously?  I mean, are you just trolling or something? I guess it's working 'cause I kinda believe you. Seems kinda weird though since I'm not an American and I have no interest in the war, and if you want to piss off Americans there are far better ways..  But really? I mean, honestly now. "
Oh come on this is getting tiring.

3- Tens of thousand of civilians have been killed in Afghanistan as a direct result of occupying forces. It's a fact.
4- The huge paragraph about "who the fuck cares" about afghans thinking they are destroying their religion and country.

You have seen for yourself that the insurgency having PREGNANT WOMEN BOMBING HOSPITALS is complete bullshit. Don't tell not to cling to things like that when your arguments are falling flat on their face.
The US is NOT at war with Afghanistan, it is fighting the Taliban. Afghanistan is not the Taliban nor did Afghanistan instigate the war.
The people of Afghanistan themselves think the Taliban is better than the occupying forces.

These are all cold, hard facts. I find your talk about strawmen and stuff funny but there really is not much to call that here.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Pinworm45
@Detrian said: 

Oh come on this is getting tiring.  3- Tens of thousand of civilians have been killed in Afghanistan as a direct result of occupying forces. It's a fact. 4- The huge paragraph about "who the fuck cares" about afghans thinking they are destroying their religion and country.  You have seen for yourself that the insurgency having PREGNANT WOMEN BOMBING HOSPITALS is complete bullshit. Don't tell not to cling to things like that when your arguments are falling flat on their face. The US is NOT at war with Afghanistan, it is fighting the Taliban. Afghanistan is not the Taliban nor did Afghanistan instigate the war. The people of Afghanistan themselves think the Taliban is better than the occupying forces. These are all cold, hard facts. I find your talk about strawmen and stuff funny but there really is not much to call that here. "

You're right. It is tiring. Let's try again. 

@Detrian said: 

.  3- Tens of thousand of civilians have been killed in Afghanistan as a direct result of occupying forces. It's a fact.

One I never disputed, one that has nothing to do with anything I ever said.

@Detrian said: 

4- The huge paragraph about "who the fuck cares" about afghans thinking they are destroying their religion and country. 

Who the fuck does care? it has nothing to do with anything I ever said. Side note though, good riddance to their religion. I for one have no patience for a religion that inspires jihad, the oppression of women and the stoning of apostates. You and they can talk all you'd like about how it's meant to inspire peace. And that could be the case. But it's not working. Don't think I'm prejudiced against that one religion though, I think pretty much all religions are just as bad and I'll gladly rant about any of them too. That's a conversation for another day though. 

@Detrian said: 

You have seen for yourself that the insurgency having PREGNANT WOMEN BOMBING HOSPITALS is complete bullshit. 

I never said it was the insurgency in Afghanistan that did it. It has happened. Even if it hasn't, do you deny women have been used as suicide bombers? do you deny hospitals have been attacked? Do you deny any other countless atrocities such as this that have been committed? Or do you only care about the ones committed by western culture that you can blog about, likely on your ipad at Starbucks?

@Detrian said: 

Don't tell not to cling to things like that when your arguments are falling flat on their face. "

But.. that was my argument. That's like telling someone who says "man dr.phil fucking sucks" not to cling to the argument that "dr.phil sucks ass". What? 

@Detrian said: 

" The US is NOT at war with Afghanistan, it is fighting the Taliban.  "

Who are in Afghanistan. Which is where the US is. Which is where they are attacking. Which is where the crime this thread is about was committed. Honestly, did that solve anything? I mean, are you proud of yourself because you can quote a simple thing I said and spin it like that? I mean, honestly. What did this accomplish? What did calling out the semantics behind this accomplish? Please tell me, I really want to know why people do this. I mean, how far did you want me to go? Instead of saying "the US is at war in Afghanistan" you wanted me to say "the US is at war with Insurgents in Afghanistan"? Wasn't that obvious? was it necessary to explain the semantics? How far do I have to go, then? Because the situation is really complicated. Even that summary is incomplete, and could easily be taken out of context. Do I have to write a books worth of explanation for the simple fact that the us army is in Afghanistan killing dudes? Seriously, I want to know why you felt this necessary. 

@Detrian said: 

The people of Afghanistan themselves think the Taliban is better than the occupying forces.  "

So? that has nothing to do with anything I ever said. Do you want to get into a discussion about that? 

Okay, here's my Opinion. The Taliban attacked the United States. The United States has the right, in my opinion, to get these people and punish them for it. In fact, the US has the OBLIGATION to do that, so as to dis enthuse anyone else from attacking their country.
Canberra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#65  Edited By Canberra

The SAS took heads wile in Borneo. The concept of collecting part of someone as a trophy is as old as conflict itself and something that is bound to happen while working in an environment where life is so unappreciated. Of course I'm not saying that excuses anything, i'm as surprised that this is happening in the 21st century as i am surprised  war is happening in the 21st century.

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Detrian

I'm not reading all that. You demonstrate no knowledge of the situation including basic concepts like the difference between insurgents and Taliban, spin around your arguments in weak attempts to shown I didn't disprove anything you've said and go on tirades about "why people do this" to change the topic instead of providing a real answer to arguments.

There's clearly nothing to be gained from arguing with you so I'm done.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Pinworm45
@Detrian said:
" I'm not reading all that. You demonstrate no knowledge of the situation including basic concepts like the difference between insurgents and Taliban, spin around your arguments in weak attempts to shown I didn't disprove anything you've said and go on tirades about "why people do this" to change the topic instead of providing a real answer to arguments.  There's clearly nothing to be gained from arguing with you so I'm done. "
Alright 

gg
Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By Shadow

Yep, that sounds about right.

CouncilSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69  Edited By CouncilSpectre

Don't those guy know that  dogtags (preferably in the shape of cogs) are the standard collectables in Shooters?   
Wait.., we are talking about a game right?  Cause this is a gaming website right?

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Pinworm45
@CouncilSpectre said:
" Wait.., we are talikng about a game right?  Cause this is a gaming website right? "
Yeah, they should really make an off-topic forum for threads such as this. 

Good post though
Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By Falx

I personally found this lecture on the war in afghanistan enlightening, although the Q&A lacked a few intelligent questions.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By krazy_kyle

They're gonna burn in hell.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#73  Edited By AhmadMetallic
 @krazy_kyle said:
" They're gonna burn in hell. "

no they wont! they're brave young men putting their lives on the line and doing the honorable thing to keep their motherland safe from these sand people and their TERR0R 

/scene 

@Pinworm45 said:
" @GunnBjorn said:
" The Afghan hatred towards the USA seems all the more legit now. Really, it's just a matter of time until something bad happens again... "
I don't see how this changes anything. the US invaded their country and killed lots of people, why does this change anything? "
exactly
krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By krazy_kyle
@Ahmad_Metallic:

Brave they are, however, it doesn't justify the fact they are being monsters. As "Heroic" as they are, what they are doing is inhumane and just plain sick. It isn't taliban they are doing this to, they are innocent civilians
Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#75  Edited By Tennmuerti

DUDES I've got the BEST idea EVER!

In MoH when we knife people you should not get their dog-tags but instead their fingers!
That shit would be way cooler.