• 75 results
bunnyboiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By bunnyboiler

Yeah remember when that general said killing in Afghanistan was fun.... I guess some people took it literally. What a bunch of sick creeps.

US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies' | World news | The Guardian  

US soldiers 'killed Afghan civilians for sport and collected fingers as trophies'

Soldiers face charges over secret 'kill team' which allegedly murdered at random and collected fingers as trophies of war

Andrew Holmes, Michael Wagnon, Jeremy Morlock and Adam Winfield are four of the five Stryker soldiers who face murder charges. Photograph: Public Domain

Twelve American soldiers face charges over a secret "kill team" that allegedly blew up and shot Afghan civilians at random and collected their fingers as trophies.

Five of the soldiers are charged with murdering three Afghan men who were allegedly killed for sport in separate attacks this year. Seven others are accused of covering up the killings and assaulting a recruit who exposed the murders when he reported other abuses, including members of the unit smoking hashish stolen from civilians.

In one of the most serious accusations of war crimes to emerge from the Afghan conflict, the killings are alleged to have been carried out by members of a Stryker infantry brigade based in Kandahar province in southern Afghanistan.

According to investigators and legal documents, discussion of killing Afghan civilians began after the arrival of Staff Sergeant Calvin Gibbs at forward operating base Ramrod last November. Other soldiers told the army's criminal investigation command that Gibbs boasted of the things he got away with while serving in Iraq and said how easy it would be to "toss a grenade at someone and kill them".

One soldier said he believed Gibbs was "feeling out the platoon".

Investigators said Gibbs, 25, hatched a plan with another soldier, Jeremy Morlock, 22, and other members of the unit to form a "kill team". While on patrol over the following months they allegedly killed at least three Afghan civilians. According to the charge sheet, the first target was Gul Mudin, who was killed "by means of throwing a fragmentary grenade at him and shooting him with a rifle", when the patrol entered the village of La Mohammed Kalay in January.

Morlock and another soldier, Andrew Holmes, were on guard at the edge of a poppy field when Mudin emerged and stopped on the other side of a wall from the soldiers. Gibbs allegedly handed Morlock a grenade who armed it and dropped it over the wall next to the Afghan and dived for cover. Holmes, 19, then allegedly fired over the wall.

Later in the day, Morlock is alleged to have told Holmes that the killing was for fun and threatened him if he told anyone.

The second victim, Marach Agha, was shot and killed the following month. Gibbs is alleged to have shot him and placed a Kalashnikov next to the body to justify the killing. In May Mullah Adadhdad was killed after being shot and attacked with a grenade.

The Army Times reported that a least one of the soldiers collected the fingers of the victims as souvenirs and that some of them posed for photographs with the bodies.

Five soldiers – Gibbs, Morlock, Holmes, Michael Wagnon and Adam Winfield – are accused of murder and aggravated assault among other charges. All of the soldiers have denied the charges. They face the death penalty or life in prison if convicted.

The killings came to light in May after the army began investigating a brutal assault on a soldier who told superiors that members of his unit were smoking hashish. The Army Times reported that members of the unit regularly smoked the drug on duty and sometimes stole it from civilians.

The soldier, who was straight out of basic training and has not been named, said he witnessed the smoking of hashish and drinking of smuggled alcohol but initially did not report it out of loyalty to his comrades. But when he returned from an assignment at an army headquarters and discovered soldiers using the shipping container in which he was billeted to smoke hashish he reported it.

Two days later members of his platoon, including Gibbs and Morlock, accused him of "snitching", gave him a beating and told him to keep his mouth shut. The soldier reported the beating and threats to his officers and then told investigators what he knew of the "kill team".

Following the arrest of the original five accused in June, seven other soldiers were charged last month with attempting to cover up the killings and violent assault on the soldier who reported the smoking of hashish. The charges will be considered by a military grand jury later this month which will decide if there is enough evidence for a court martial. Army investigators say Morlock has admitted his involvement in the killings and given details about the role of others including Gibbs. But his lawyer, Michael Waddington, is seeking to have that confession suppressed because he says his client was interviewed while under the influence of prescription drugs taken for battlefield injuries and that he was also suffering from traumatic brain injury.

"Our position is that his statements were incoherent, and taken while he was under a cocktail of drugs that shouldn't have been mixed," Waddington told the Seattle Times.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By nail1080

Not surprising

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#3  Edited By galiant

Does not surprise me one bit.

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Still not as bad as splitting the Bombcast.

Sarcasm.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Tennmuerti

Not really a fan of copy paste of articles from random news sites and no additional personal comments for discussion.

BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BionicMonster

Apocalypse Now?

bunnyboiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bunnyboiler
@Tennmuerti said:
" Not really a fan of copy paste of articles from random news sites and no additional personal comments for discussion. "
Heres a personal comment. Fuck the US!
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho

Maybe they only targeted pedophiles. Seeing as its the pedophile capital of the world.

FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By FlyingRat

No way... The army turns people into mindless killing machines who don't know what's right and what's wrong anymore? I am shocked by this revelation

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Meowayne
@FlyingRat said:
" No way... The army turns people into mindless killing machines who don't know what's right and what's wrong anymore? I am shocked by this revelation "
True, I can't believe they let US soldiers carry and train an unreasonable hatred towards everything arab and even encourage killing. Paralyzingly shocking!

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@ryanwho said:
" Maybe they only targeted pedophiles. Seeing as its the pedophile capital of the world. "
Entirely irrelevant.  They aren't a law unto themselves. 
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwho
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @ryanwho said:
" Maybe they only targeted pedophiles. Seeing as its the pedophile capital of the world. "
Entirely irrelevant.  They aren't a law unto themselves.  "
I wasn't excusing their actions, just possibly explaining them. I get that soldiers aren't international Judge Dredds.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Red12b

sick cunts

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hitchenson
@ryanwho said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

" @ryanwho said:
I wasn't excusing their actions, just possibly explaining them. I get that soldiers aren't international Judge Dredds. "
How fucking cool would that be. Actually... no, it would be pretty sweet.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Red12b

They are going to blame fallout three aren't they? 

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16  Edited By galiant
@Hitchenson said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @ryanwho said:
I wasn't excusing their actions, just possibly explaining them. I get that soldiers aren't international Judge Dredds. "
How fucking cool would that be. "
It really wouldn't.
Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Lunar_Aura

I can't believe this is gonna become a subscription site ;_;
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hitchenson
@Galiant said:
" @Hitchenson said:
" @ryanwho said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @ryanwho said:
How fucking cool would that be. "
It really wouldn't. "
Okay, military uniforms should be the Judge uniforms though.
FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FlyingRat
@LunarAura said:
" I can't believe this is gonna become a subscription site ;_; "
I can't believe you brought that up in a entirely unrelated thread
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By KaosAngel
@FlyingRat said:
" @LunarAura said:
I can't believe you brought that up in a entirely unrelated thread "
I can't believe we got a thread that's 100% copypasta from the TC and it hasn't been locked.
FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FlyingRat
@KaosAngel said:
" I can't believe we got a thread that's 100% copypasta from the TC and it hasn't been locked. "
God forbid we discuss things on a forum...?
Prolix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Prolix
@LunarAura said:
Agreed.  As if there aren't already a crapton of subscriptions out there for gaming.  What a bunch of BS! 
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@ryanwho said:
" @SeriouslyNow said:
" @ryanwho said:
Oh, well I guess a retarded explanation is better than the truth where soldiers are turning war into a psychopathic game because they lack the moral fortitude to take their jobs seriously.  Nice excuse though.
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Scooper

Wankers.

impalerXZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By impalerXZ
@Hitchenson: I totally agree with you. Judge soldiers would be totally sick.
Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Detrian
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By actionTACO

glad to see are noble troops are finally sticking it to those mudslime savages. don't forget that they would do the same to us if they ever got the chance. 

god bless the USA and never forget 9/11

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By CL60

Yeah, and Americans wonder why they hate Americans and want them out of their country.

ape_dosmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ape_dosmil
@actionTACO said:
" glad to see are noble troops are finally sticking it to those mudslime savages. don't forget that they would do the same to us if they ever got the chance.  god bless the USA and never forget 9/11 "
Not sure if serious.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By EpicSteve

Hopefully they get the chair.

NubMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NubMonk

Great. Another reason for people to hate the rest of us. But since these people are sick and fucked up it must mean EVERYONE in the US is. In which case FUCK EM

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By iam3green

messed up i think. the only people they need to look for are terrorist or suspicious looking people around.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Diamond

Public torture and execution for the soldiers is required.

NubMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NubMonk
@Diamond said:
" Public torture and execution for the soldiers is required. "
Yes because being just as sick and inhuman as them is always the answer right?
Sogeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sogeman
@Meowayne said:
" @FlyingRat said:
" No way... The army turns people into mindless killing machines who don't know what's right and what's wrong anymore? I am shocked by this revelation "
True, I can't believe they let US soldiers carry and train an unreasonable hatred towards everything arab and even encourage killing. Paralyzingly shocking!   "
^^^^^^
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Diamond
@NubMonk said:
@Diamond said:
To these guys, yea, it would solve a lot of problems.  What, you feel pity for them?
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By Brendan
@Klaimore said:
" @bunnyboiler:  So a couple of soldiers kill some civilians of course everyone in the use has to be a fuck right? I see your train of thought and say this FUCK YOU buddy no worries just YOU because I don't care where you are from you are fuck no all of your people. See where I'm going with this? "

I find it funny that this type of person always talks about how the U.S. is the BEST country in the world, then proceeds to make the excuse "Well it's not like we're any worse than those guys, they're just as bad as us!" for every heinous action an American makes.  It's the perfect fit:  Inflated ego, hypocrisy, and freedom of guilt!  Or, how about since you're the "best country on the planet" why don't you hold yourself to a higher standing than the slaughter of innocent people? 
NubMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By NubMonk
@Diamond said:
" @NubMonk said:
@Diamond said:
To these guys, yea, it would solve a lot of problems.  What, you feel pity for them? "
No but we don't live in such a savage society where that is required. Maybe in the middle ages, but not now. I think the death penalty is enough. Doing the same, or even worse things to them doesn't make it right just because you're on the other side.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jimbo

So who won?

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Diamond
@NubMonk:  I had a reply typed up but Giant Bomb ate my reply.  Not gonna bother.
MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By MisterMouse

We just have to remember that these news posts are a good representation for the majority of the troops in other countries. This is a very small contingent.

Avatar image for pediatricurology
PediatricUrology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PediatricUrology
@bunnyboiler said:

lookit that self-satisfied motherfucker on the right. "yeah, I totally did that shit. whatcha gonna do about it, lawman?"
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pinworm45

I always find it funny when people freak out of the actions of a few select soldiers (who absolutely did something disgraceful) but don't give a shit about the constant use of civilians as suicide bombers that their opposition is using. 

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Famov
@Galiant said:
"Does not surprise me one bit. "

@nail1080 said:
"Not surprising "

No doubt because it confirms your long held preconceptions that all American militarymen are homicidal imperialist nazi jerks.

Why maintain the pretense that you're a reasonable and decent person when it's clearly not the case? 

I, for one, am surprised because I see pictures of otherwise normal looking Americans that have allegedly done something completely horrible. And I find that upsetting.
hicks91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hicks91

theyre over there seeing their friends exploded my roadside bombs, their "allies" shooting them in the back and a pretty hostile populace 
i wonder why these men have issues

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By crusader8463

Since the first times of war stuff like this has always happened. The same things you train warriors to excel in, and promote mentally, are the same things that make psychotic killers. So when you get a group of roided up meat heads with guns that have been taught that they have a licenses to kill they will always act out and do stuff like this. It's sad, but it's part of war ans will never change. The only difference is that it's gotten harder for them to cover it up and pretend that it never happened

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48  Edited By lazyturtle
@ryanwho: Wait...we invaded the Vatican? 

I can't say I'm shocked, stress does strange things to people's minds.
Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lab392

That's.... pretty fucked.

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Detrian
@Pinworm45 said:

" I always find it funny when people freak out of the actions of a few select soldiers (who absolutely did something disgraceful) but don't give a shit about the constant use of civilians as suicide bombers that their opposition is using.  "

Select few huh? Woops what's this an official survey that found that  only 47 percent of the soldiers and 38 percent of Marines said noncombatants should be treated with dignity and respect?

Well that doesn't mean that they do bad stuff right oh shit look an article about troops baiting and killing civilians by shouting "Jesus killed Mohammed" through a bullhorn as they roll through town in their armored vehicles uh oh.

Oh no what's this a documentary on the revenge killing and subsequent coverup story on the murder of more than 15 civilians at the hands of marines who were later declared innocent even against hard evidence oh dear

I guess it doesn't matter because we are no worse than the insurgents and their suicide bombers right? oh man  look another poll that found that 75 percent of afghans believe foreigners disrespect their religion and traditions, 68 percent believe NATO forces do not protect them and  70% percent said recent military actions in their area were bad for the Afghan people.