Warcraft movie set for 2015 release, Ducan Jones to direct

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bwast

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warcraft-movie-lands-source-code-416956

Duncan Jones directed Moon and Source Code. Moon is one of my favorite movies of the decade so this news has me at least interested in the movie. I wonder which story from the games they'll tell or if they'll make something completely new for the movie. I'm sure the majority of the fans just want WC3: The Movie but I'd rather them do something new - Warcraft is a big world, there's got to be tons of stuff they can do.

When it first got announced(2006?) I was playing WoW a lot so naturally I was excited for it. The years have gone by, I've stopped playing and I've grown more cynical so, naturally, a Warcraft movie just doesn't thrill me that much anymore. The inclusion of Mr. Jones does put some wind in my sails, however.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Bwast

DUCAN JONES? FUCK!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

You mean twenty-oh-never, right?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

#4  Edited By Kidavenger

They missed the deadline on this movie so badly, they would be better off putting out a Starcraft movie at this point.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Duncan Jones? Really? That's bananas. If it ever does get made it has a good shot at being great.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By sarge1445

@Bwast said:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warcraft-movie-lands-source-code-416956

Ducan Jones directed Moon and Source Code. Moon is one of my favorite movies of the decade so this news has me at least interested in the movie. I wonder which story from the games they'll tell or if they'll make something completely new for the movie. I'm sure the majority of the fans just want WC3: The Movie but I'd rather them do something new - Warcraft is a big world, there's got to be tons of stuff they can do.

When it first got announced(2006?) I was playing WoW a lot so naturally I was excited for it. The years have gone by, I've stopped playing and I've grown more cynical so, naturally, a Warcraft movie just doesn't thrill me that much anymore. The inclusion of Mr. Jones does put some wind in my sails, however.

The first and second war would be great, I the third war would be tougher because of all the different plot lines they would have to focus 100% on Arthas basically do rise of the lich king as a movie. THough when I think about it that is probably the best option for a good movie take the book Rise of the Lich King and do a conversion Harry Potter or LOTR style or do the first and second War.

sarge1445

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By sarge1445

Well that or Rise of the Horde was a solid book and would also make a pretty good movie.