Water Bottles - Yay Or Nay?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax

A water bottle is a convenient way for us to quench our thirsts, but throughout the years this simple concept has undoubtedly garnered a bunch of controversy, mostly involving environmental and energy issues. What do you guys think? Are water bottles here to stay, or are we slowly seeing their disappearance as more issues arise?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Some places around here won't even sell anything in plastic bottles because they think it's bad for the environment.  I once asked for a bottle of water and the look on that hippie's face was like I just set his precious Gaia tree on fire or something.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

I always re-fill my water bottles.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By ArchScabby

I am environmentally conscious so I don't drink bottled water.  I drink bottles of mountain dew.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

You shouldn't, that's bad for your health. They're considered expired after some (many) years but probably with very very "flexible" safety rules. You should stick to using glass bottles and reusing them though.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheFreeMan

I just have a steel (or whatever) water bottle, and refill it when I need to.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By ShadowKiller

Well I'll keep me happy with my bottled water and the environment happy by recycling. Win/Win right?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jayge_

I have a few reusable water bottles and I use disposable water bottles. Who gives a shit. I usually refill them all the time and stuff anyway. Plus, they're recyclable. I don't get it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By natetodamax
Jayge said:
"I have a few reusable water bottles and I use disposable water bottles. Who gives a shit. I usually refill them all the time and stuff anyway. Plus, they're recyclable. I don't get it."
I think the problem lies with what my aunt once said to me about how much energy it takes to transport the bottles all over the country.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

I drink water bottles when I work out almost constantly. To be honest, I don't really think about the environment when I drink them...

N3onThr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By N3onThr33

Yay. lol.
I drink water bottles regularly, I like them.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By maxszy

I am environmentally friendly most of the time. I recycle everything I can, and especially the bottled water that I drink. So sure, I could be better by using an actual water bottle that I refill, but bottled water is convenient and easy to take with me. So I use them, and make sure to recycle.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By crunchUK

yes

At the end of the day, the environmental impact bottled water has is a minor consideration. If you really wanted to save energy, you'd walk instead of taking the plane and killing your atmosphere but you wouldn't do that because that would be inconveniencing yourself, even if it is to SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT!!11

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By JJOR64
OneEyedNinja7 said:
"I always re-fill my water bottles."
That's what I do.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jayge_
natetodamax said:
"Jayge said:
"I have a few reusable water bottles and I use disposable water bottles. Who gives a shit. I usually refill them all the time and stuff anyway. Plus, they're recyclable. I don't get it."
I think the problem lies with what my aunt once said to me about how much energy it takes to transport the bottles all over the country."
Your aunt is stupid.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I don't really give a fuck if they give you a .00000002% chance of causing cancer. Cancer is prevalent in my family, if I get it then so be it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By natetodamax
Jayge said:
"natetodamax said:
"Jayge said:
I think the problem lies with what my aunt once said to me about how much energy it takes to transport the bottles all over the country."
Your aunt is stupid.
"
Tell me something I don't know.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jayge_
natetodamax said:
"Jayge said:
"natetodamax said:
"Jayge said:
Your aunt is stupid.
"
Tell me something I don't know."
Avocado is an ancient meso-American term for "testicle".
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By natetodamax
Jayge said:
"natetodamax said:
"Jayge said:
"natetodamax said:
"Jayge said:
Your aunt is stupid.
"
Tell me something I don't know."
Avocado is an ancient meso-American term for "testicle".
"
Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Black_Raven

I use plastic water bottles, if I took all this "bad for your health" and "bad for the environment" shit seriously then there probably wouldn't be that much left for me to do.