I'm interested in reading what can get under your skin the most at your job. So far for me it's being trusted with the grocery phone. Its a grey handheld phone that's used to call co-workers or assist people. One phone is for the employee and the other is for the supervisor. Since I've been working at a supermarket for 8 months now. I gradually started to get more responsibility, and having the grocery phone is a clear sign that my supervisor trusts me.
In the past when I first was in charge of it I was nervous. Reason why is because you'll get alot of random calls. Such as...
1. Reading the U.P.C for a cashier so they can assist a customer.
2. Running back and forth to bring an item or assist someone.
3. Trying to explain to people about prices. I hate when someone ask if I can explain the prices, or why is a certain item price this way. Reason why is because I got no fucking idea. I didn't really have anybody at my job explain about the prices to me, or what's going to be on sale in the future. It's about as new to me as to the customer.
4. People that's not in the store asking random questions such as...
What does the store have?
Can you spare some cardboard boxes? (Cheap fucking customer)
Can you hold an item for me?
5. Sometimes a co-worker might call asking if I can change the bail. (it's a machine to throw away cardboard in). Problem is I don't fully understand how to change it. My supervisor never really got around to showing me. A co-worker showed me once, but it's something you have to see more then once to understand it.
6. The store director might end up calling. He called me once asking me to get someone to stock up all the items on sale. Which force me to give other co-workers orders, and you never want to ignore the store director. He's like the mastermind or better yet the big boss. I got in trouble with him afew times. He can be very strict and I don't like him...not even the slightest.
7. The service desk will call saying they have returns. Items that people decide to refund and its NEVER ending. You can be all day returning shit, or throwing shit in the damage boxes.
Overall it's just very fucking random. Having to do your job, while having that phone ring every 5 minutes can cause you to scream (Like me). Sometimes you might end up dual wielding both phones, if the supervisor is on break or doesn't want it for awhile. Nowadays, I can handle using the phone alot better, but there are times where I want to put it down or turn it off.