What annoys you the most at your job?

• 99 results
falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I'm interested in reading what can get under your skin the most at your job. So far for me it's being trusted with the grocery phone. Its a grey handheld phone that's used to call co-workers or assist people. One phone is for the employee and the other is for the supervisor. Since I've been working at a supermarket for 8 months now. I gradually started to get more responsibility, and having the grocery phone is a clear sign that my supervisor trusts me.

In the past when I first was in charge of it I was nervous. Reason why is because you'll get alot of random calls. Such as...

1. Reading the U.P.C for a cashier so they can assist a customer.

2. Running back and forth to bring an item or assist someone.

3. Trying to explain to people about prices. I hate when someone ask if I can explain the prices, or why is a certain item price this way. Reason why is because I got no fucking idea. I didn't really have anybody at my job explain about the prices to me, or what's going to be on sale in the future. It's about as new to me as to the customer.

4. People that's not in the store asking random questions such as...

What does the store have?

Can you spare some cardboard boxes? (Cheap fucking customer)

Can you hold an item for me?

5. Sometimes a co-worker might call asking if I can change the bail. (it's a machine to throw away cardboard in). Problem is I don't fully understand how to change it. My supervisor never really got around to showing me. A co-worker showed me once, but it's something you have to see more then once to understand it.

6. The store director might end up calling. He called me once asking me to get someone to stock up all the items on sale. Which force me to give other co-workers orders, and you never want to ignore the store director. He's like the mastermind or better yet the big boss. I got in trouble with him afew times. He can be very strict and I don't like him...not even the slightest.

7. The service desk will call saying they have returns. Items that people decide to refund and its NEVER ending. You can be all day returning shit, or throwing shit in the damage boxes.

Overall it's just very fucking random. Having to do your job, while having that phone ring every 5 minutes can cause you to scream (Like me). Sometimes you might end up dual wielding both phones, if the supervisor is on break or doesn't want it for awhile. Nowadays, I can handle using the phone alot better, but there are times where I want to put it down or turn it off.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

The guy I work with is a massive asshole/scumbag.

ZookZoltn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always go back to this quote from Clerks. when I think of my job. "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f****** customers."

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By falserelic

Also I forgot to mention about this song...

Loading Video...

I heard this song so many times at my job, that's its too high to remeber. My job has been playing the same soundtrack of songs since I've been working there, but this song got stuck in my head. SOMEBODY TELL ME OOOOHHH! It got stuck in my heard, and gave me a massive headache one time.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

The thing I hate most is not getting work when there is work to do. It's a seasonal job so I want all the work I can get. I got called in to work at 7AM on a Sunday and the wharf is an hour and a half away so I had to get up at 5AM. I worked 14 hours standing in the sun and then had another hour and a half drive back. Monday is the start of a new work week. The fishery closed on Sunday night for one class type and opened on Tuesday for another so I did get a day off. Tuesday was Canada Day and I worked roughly the same as on Sunday and I worked roughly the same amount again on Wednesday. For those two days with the overtime for holidays and extended shifts and travel I got a full 40 hour work week in. I didn't get any more work for the entire week. That doesn't mean there wasn't work available; it just means the people on salary had to come in from even further away and do it instead since the office won't have to pay them overtime. In the 16 days since then I've only gotten four hours of work as that fishery is now closed, and I probably won't get any more until the last week of August. Another day or two or five of work when it was available would have been a lot of help.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JasonR86

Feeling as if I don't know what I'm doing or that I'm not doing enough to help my clients and then disliking how I project that sense of failure on my clients. It's a dumb pattern I fall into far too often.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

We have one co-worker that feels the need to brown nose our manager any chance he gets. Even bringing the fucker homemade cookies sometimes.

We all know that our manager is scum, he takes a 2 hour lunch and comes into work late every day, for fucks sake.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprisingly well-paid and mundane. Also the company is regularly in the press for the wrong reasons.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Corevi

I do IT and I'm constantly frustrated with people who have no clue how to use a computer, it's 2014 for fucks sake.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

Feeling as if I don't know what I'm doing or that I'm not doing enough to help my clients and then disliking how I project that sense of failure on my clients. It's a dumb pattern I fall into far too often.

Thinking about I had customers talk about their problems to me. Since at my job getting to know people even on a personal level is good for business. Sometimes I'll try to help bring people's spirits up, even though I got my own fucking problems to deal with. I feel like a counselor myself at times dealing with people.

We have one co-worker that feels the need to brown nose our manager any chance he gets. Even bringing the fucker homemade cookies sometimes.

We all know that our manager is scum, he takes a 2 hour lunch and comes into work late every day, for fucks sake.

LOL! what type of job you work?

The thing I hate most is not getting work when there is work to do. It's a seasonal job so I want all the work I can get. I got called in to work at 7AM on a Sunday and the wharf is an hour and a half away so I had to get up at 5AM. I worked 14 hours standing in the sun and then had another hour and a half drive back. Monday is the start of a new work week. The fishery closed on Sunday night for one class type and opened on Tuesday for another so I did get a day off. Tuesday was Canada Day and I worked roughly the same as on Sunday and I worked roughly the same amount again on Wednesday. For those two days with the overtime for holidays and extended shifts and travel I got a full 40 hour work week in. I didn't get any more work for the entire week. That doesn't mean there wasn't work available; it just means the people on salary had to come in from even further away and do it instead since the office won't have to pay them overtime. In the 16 days since then I've only gotten four hours of work as that fishery is now closed, and I probably won't get any more until the last week of August. Another day or two or five of work when it was available would have been a lot of help.

I wonder what type of job you work aswell, that is if you want to tell.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

14+ hour work days and I'm not paid by the hour.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By falserelic

That's very weird. What type of job you have that doesn't pay by the hour?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hanktherapper said:

A salary job? That's not uncommon.

ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: I work the shipping part of an awning company. I, along with a couple of guys and a joke of a manager, load trucks with awnings and send them out. It's a really easy job, and making great use of my English Degree (Ugh).

But seriously, how can you be this shitty at your job?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Driving 35 miles each way.

Avatar image for deactivated-587815b1c9354
deactivated-587815b1c9354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having irregular hours.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By falserelic

@falserelic: I work the shipping part of an awning company. I, along with a couple of guys and a joke of a manager, load trucks with awnings and send them out. It's a really easy job, and making great use of my English Degree (Ugh).

I'm guessing the guy likes to be lazy and relies too much on others.

ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousbearmauling said:

I'm guessing the guy likes to be lazy and relies too much on others.

Oh yeah, the suck up consistently shows up late and tends to not work very hard. Gets special treatment due to all the boot licking he does.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Expectation to work overtime with no notice whatsoever.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

I don't have much to complain about with my job. My main task is to receive requisition forms from the different parts of the hotel and give them the stuff they need. Otherwise it's sitting at my desk doing paperwork. I'm pretty much a behind the scenes person and can do my job competently without much outside interference which I love.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By erhard

Everyone is so boring.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bigsocrates  Online

Long hours and there's constantly minor things that trip you up or issues (often seemingly small details) that come up and then blow up into huge and lengthy tasks. Plus being on-call even when I'm not at work sucks. I miss true weekends.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Expectation to work overtime with no notice whatsoever.

These tend to happen to me aswell. I fucking hate when they ask me to stay overtime. Sometimes I don't even find it to be worth it. Since most of the money will go to taxes, and I'm left with only a small amount of money. Seeing how much I gross, then seeing that taxes took most of the money can be upsetting indeed.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I work at a grocery store too. I don't take it seriously because, shit, it's a fucking grocery store.

What annoys me most about it, though? Not the customers. Not the work itself. It's the people I work with. Many of the people who work at the store are stuck there for life and they know it, so they start to cling to the job by shit-talking about everyone around them in an effort to make themselves feel better for being in such a mediocre spot in life.

"OH BOY, DIDJA HEAR THAT SUCH AND SUCH DIDN'T FILL THE TRASH COMPACTOR THE RIGHT WAY AND FUCKED IT ALL UP?!?!'

"OH MAN, SUCH AND SUCH AT THE DELI DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HIS JOB AT ALL! HE'S PULLED A THREE-DAY NO-CALL NO-SHOW!" (Meanwhile "such and such" is still working there because it's more work to find a replacement for him than to keep him)

"THIS GUY'S A FUCKIN' IDIOT! HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT THE MILK GOES HERE AND THE CHEESE GOES THERE! THIS PLACE WOULD FALL THE FUCK APART IF I WEREN'T HERE 20 HOURS A WEEK!"

It's disgusting and depressing and plenty of other negative adjectives I can't bring to mind right now. Nobody there seems to realize how insignificant they truly are and won't treat the job as the joke it really is. It's like I'm in high school again. The saving grace, I guess, is when I'm in the break room and I get to hear a man who lives off of free coffee and "damaged goods" give me a monologue about why Obama should be impeached.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I was going to type out a bunch of stuff I didn't like about one coworker, but it's just not worth it. So basically the only thing I don't like is one certain coworker, but she's easy enough to avoid (she's a cashier, I'm not) outside of that inevitable moment I want to buy lunch and her register is the only one open at nights.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pezen

Some of them are..

• Pyramid hierarchy structure that leads to a one way communication and severe lack of people with the balls to say "no" to someone above them. Which eventually leads to us getting instructed to do things that's just plain stupid.
  • Boss giving me shitty excuse after shitty excuse as to not approve additional pay for handling machines. Something everyone at the company that works with machines get, even in departments newer than my own.
  • Lack of positive feedback on good work, abundance of negative feedback when things go bad.

There are a ton more, but those just popped up now after a near 5 week vacation off of the damn thing. The work itself isn't too bad, and pay is decent enough. I just wish I had the ability to shape my job a little bit more. Still.. I was selected to go to another country to visit a factory within the same overarching company. Drink a bunch of beer, eat a fancy bbq buffet and just have 3 days of lazy "work" (read: vacation) paid for by the comapny. So it's really not all bad.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Theres 2 dudes in the same position as me, who haven't worked there as long, but make $2 more per hour, and I think that's mostly because they're older than me.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I work at a grocery store too. I don't take it seriously because, shit, it's a fucking grocery store.

What annoys me most about it, though? Not the customers. Not the work itself. It's the people I work with. Many of the people who work at the store are stuck there for life and they know it, so they start to cling to the job by shit-talking about everyone around them in an effort to make themselves feel better for being in such a mediocre spot in life.

"OH BOY, DIDJA HEAR THAT SUCH AND SUCH DIDN'T FILL THE TRASH COMPACTOR THE RIGHT WAY AND FUCKED IT ALL UP?!?! WHAT A RETARD!'

"OH MAN, SUCH AND SUCH AT THE DELI DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HIS JOB AT ALL! HE'S PULLED A THREE-DAY NO-CALL NO-SHOW!" (Meanwhile "such and such" is still working there because it's more work to find a replacement for him than to keep him)

"THIS GUY'S A FUCKIN' IDIOT! HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT THE MILK GOES HERE AND THE CHEESE GOES THERE! THIS PLACE WOULD FALL THE FUCK APART IF I WEREN'T HERE 20 HOURS A WEEK!"

It's disgusting and depressing and plenty of other negative adjectives I can't bring to mind right now. Nobody there seems to realize how insignificant they truly are and won't treat the job as the joke it really is. It's like I'm in high school again. The saving grace, I guess, is when I'm in the break room and I get to hear a man who lives off of free coffee and "damaged goods" give me a monologue about why Obama should be impeached.

I know exactly how you feel. I met alot of co-workers that's been working since my age( I'm 21). They're old and ended up stuck working at the company for whatever reason. Co-workers do talk shit alot and start up drama. I had people talk shit about me, and make a false rumor saying I have autism. I also have a co-worker that doesn't like working with white people at my job.

We're both African-Americans, but he has more of a short temper. He reminds me of alot of people I've met in high school, and I pretty much guessed what type of guy he was on first sight. Thuggish type guy that doesn't take shit from anyone. He's 24 and has four kids we both know this job won't cut it for him. Anyway He'll say shit like...

-Notice you see no black leads in this mothfucka.

-All these fucking white boys is weird.

- Outside of the customers there ain't no hoes here.

- bunch of fucking faggots at this job.

There's one co-worker he doesn't like at all. Which I understand because in the beginning I didn't get along with this co-worker aswell. Anyway, he'll say how he wants to blow his shit out. He talks too loud which can be a problem. The last thing I want is to be in the middle of a something. All because I was talking with another co-worker. He's a good worker, but he has to work on being more professional.

He's a utility worker and works in the bottle room. If he was a grocery clerk like me. I don't think it would workout for him much. Since you have to have some patience dealing with people, and I'm sure he doesn't want to go back to the temp service. When he told me he was in a temp service aswell I already knew how he felt, it fucking sucks.

helvetica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: More responsibility is good! I can see that phone ringing being a roll of the dice of what kind of question you're going to get. Do people really question prices? That seems silly - the customer's milk is getting warm while they're hearing about market forces. Also I have asked for a cardboard box before, but that was when someone was unpacking something in the aisle and I think they were going to throw it away anyway. I wanted to make a house for my guinea peegies and it seemed peeg-sized.

Mine is: vending machine not providing Dove dark chocolate. I mean come on.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: I suppose technically I'm an industry watchdog. What 95% of my job consists of is watching an offload crew weigh fish. I take the info from the boat's logbook and write it on a form with the weights, and report it to the department of fisheries stats department. That way they can tell how much fish is being caught where so that it isn't overfished, and so that fishermen don't fish past their limit. I've been to 18 different ports in the two years that I've been working the job.

Sometimes the work is never ending (like capelin or the first week of crab). Sometimes it's only 15 minutes of work, but the union pays a four hour minimum, so they actually want you to stay at the port for those four hours. I actually played a lot of Spelunky and Persona 4 on the Vita while sitting on the beach collecting a paycheque last year, and so far this year I've read Metro 2034. Right now all the fisheries are either closed or most of the boats have fished their limit so there is no work.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By falserelic

@helvetica said:

@falserelic: More responsibility is good! I can see that phone ringing being a roll of the dice of what kind of question you're going to get. Do people really question prices? That seems silly - the customer's milk is getting warm while they're hearing about market forces. Also I have asked for a cardboard box before, but that was when someone was unpacking something in the aisle and I think they were going to throw it away anyway. I wanted to make a house for my guinea peegies and it seemed peeg-sized.

Mine is: vending machine not providing Dove dark chocolate. I mean come on.

Asking for the box in the middle of the aisle is fine. Hell it makes it easier for me(Since it makes abit more room on my cart). I just find it silly when someone calls asking for us to hold the cardboard for em, when their at home. As for the prices yes people will ask, or try to sway you to discount the price. Worse moment I had was with a lady and her kid.

Someone had the wrong price display on a end cap, and she kept pressuring me to get permission to discount afew cans with the same price as the wrong sale price. I wanted to walk far away from her so badly, she annoyed the fuck out me. Then you'll have to deal with people that has an accent(Which can be an hassle), or people asking stupid ass questions. I still can't believe someone asked if my store sells soap free body wash, even though I heard it I still don't want to believe it.

bremaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really have a job, well I do freelance work online and work elsewhere online as well and the work can be quite boring. I hate the boredom. What makes it worse is that I often procrastinate and I lose hours when I could have finished my work. But yeah, clearly not as annoying as what some people have to deal with.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hah. Sounds like me a couple years ago, except it didn't bother me as much. Manager told me to change out the bail of crushed boxes and I was like, "how?" Apparently they forgot to show me. Never learned. Quit for browner pastures.

Asking for spare boxes is totally normal. When people are moving they need a bunch of boxes, and of course the free-er the better. I used to love going and grabbing boxes for people. It's a great way to make someone super happy for some reason.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By falserelic

@development said:

Hah. Sounds like me a couple years ago, except it didn't bother me as much. Manager told me to change out the bail of crushed boxes and I was like, "how?" Apparently they forgot to show me. Never learned. Quit for browner pastures.

Asking for spare boxes is totally normal. When people are moving they need a bunch of boxes, and of course the free-er the better. I used to love going and grabbing boxes for people. It's a great way to make someone super happy for some reason.

I was thinking about quitting my job to work at costco's. The starting pay is 11 dollars an hour for a grocery clerk. It took me almost a year just to make 8 dollars an hour, but it's hard to get into costco's. On top of that there's a strong chance I won't get the job. Hell, I'm lucky enough to have the job I have now. I'll probably give more thought about it later on. As for making customers happy sometimes it makes me feel good, but there are times where I don't care. When that happens I'm usually having a bad day.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By development

@falserelic: Dang, where do you live? I worked in Los Angeles, and I think minimum was 9 bucks, which is what I made. I quit before I passed the dumb marker that prevents you from being eligible for raises. You should definitely apply to Costco's. Everyone at my store who wasn't a lifer wasn't awful was quitting to move to Whole Foods down the road, which paid around 11 an hour. Just keep applying. Call a couple days later to follow up on the applications, and maybe ask to stop by when the manager's around just to make yourself look good. Do that with enough places and you'll get the job. Just don't put in your 2-weeks until you've secured your next job. That's a big mistake.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: Dang, where do you live? I worked in Los Angeles, and I think minimum was 9 bucks, which is what I made. I quit before I passed the dumb marker that prevents you from being eligible for raises. You should definitely apply to Costco's. Everyone at my store who wasn't a lifer wasn't awful was quitting to move to Whole Foods down the road, which paid around 11 an hour. Just keep applying. Call a couple days later to follow up on the applications, and maybe ask to stop by when the manager's around just to make yourself look good. Do that with enough places and you'll get the job. Just don't put in your 2-weeks until you've secured your next job. That's a big mistake.

Live in the state of Michigan, but yeah I'm going to work on finding a better paying job. On top of that I'm starting to really get tired of my job. I had a supervisor once before he quit, he got beyond stressed out dealing with the job and other bullshit. There are times where I wish I took things more seriously when I was a teen, and wish I had a goal and gone to college at 18. Now I have to make due of my current situation. Anyway, thanks for the advice I'll keep it in mind.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falserelic: How old are you? Tell me if I'm prying too much, but I'm 24 and going to be a freshman in a community college this fall. I dropped out 3 times already and have 7k of student loan debt. Figured I'd at least give it one more try. I know two 35-year-olds going back to school for various things. I mean, to each their own, though. On one hand, life's too short, so it's "too late" to go back; on other hand, life's too short, so it shouldn't be spent doing something you hate so much. That's purely my own outlook, though. Again, tell me to shut up and I will.

Mortuss_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By Mortuss_Zero

Probably having a lot of responsibility dumped on me real fast, and knowing that every day could be the day I don't handle it as deftly, or the day when I discover I don't really know what the F I'm doing. Then losing my first good job opportunity I've gotten in years. Oh, and the Crystal Light machine is busted and no one seems to care but me, laugh if you want, but without it I have nothing to look forward to on break except staring into space for 15 minutes.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By falserelic

@development said:

@falserelic: How old are you? Tell me if I'm prying too much, but I'm 24 and going to be a freshman in a community college this fall. I dropped out 3 times already and have 7k of student loan debt. Figured I'd at least give it one more try. I know two 35-year-olds going back to school for various things. I mean, to each their own, though. On one hand, life's too short, so it's "too late" to go back; on other hand, life's too short, so it shouldn't be spent doing something you hate so much. That's purely my own outlook, though. Again, tell me to shut up and I will.

21 going on 22 in September. I do want to go to college, but at the moment I just can't. I'd probably mentioned this alot on these forums, but there's something I have to settle first in my life. Its something that's not a good idea to talk about in person (let alone on the internet). Only thing I can say is that I will do my best to resolve it, and if not then I got to keep moving forward.

I have met people that said they hate going to college, but in my mind I'm thinking ''I'm sure it's hard work, but its a big payoff in the end''. Not too long ago at my job I got a new supervisor. He was the replacement of my other supervisor that quit. Funny thing is he didn't really know too much about the job at all. I ended up showing him stuff that he didn't know about, and then I ended up being his go to guy. Next thing I know I'm stuck with the grocery phone.

I thought it was weird that he got hired as a team leader. Even though he had no experience working in a supermarket. I had a talk with him one time and he said he was in college for years, got abunch of degrees, and his previous job was a financial adviser. His education and work experience paid-off for him. Because it can takes years to qualify to even be a team leader. It definitely motivated me to get my shit together even more, and do my best to get myself in college.

Anyway to the people that's thinking of dropping college. You might aswell keep pushing, life is going to pass by anyway. No point in backing down if your already far in, it'll just be a waste of life and time.

hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukeweizer:

@falserelic said:

@hanktherapper said:

A salary job? That's not uncommon.

I'm not salary. I have a uniform delivery route. It's base plus commission. You are not done until everything has been delivered. I only work 4 days a week, but working 48 to 50 hours in four days is completely different than doing it in 5.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The fact that I have to keep doing it for another 35-40 years.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I work the graveyard shift in the stock room of a big box deparment store. That whole job annoys me. I often feel like I'm the only one who can keep things straight, accurate, and organized. It's like I'm playing battle Tetris for a living and I'm constantly losing to people with really shitty Tetris skills and infinite magic orbs. Basically I stack shit like a game of Tetris using only straight and square pieces where as everyone else is stacking like Jenga and we all know how a game of Jenga ends. I sometimes wouldn't mind being fired and moving on to something else but everyone I work with sets such a low bar of quality that I'm made to look good without even trying.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know, not much. It's just kinda boring. I work as a cashier in a grocery store. It's easy but the time goes by very slowly.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

The repetitiveness of the job is what I find boring. Luckily it's only a part time job.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't know, not much. It's just kinda boring. I work as a cashier in a grocery store. It's easy but the time goes by very slowly.

For me being a cashier wasn't my thing. Its not a position suited for me at all. I don't have the patience for it, and seeing what cashiers go through with customers seems beyond annoying. There's this one cashier that I feel sorry for. She's been cussed out by customers and cried afew times at the job, she also has cancer and her husband. Customers can be real assholes sometimes. I've seen alot of people quit at my job and I can't blame them. Some people can get so fed up they don't care about the money anymore.

As for me I can't afford to do that at all, unless I have a backup plan. I notice the more I work the more I'm starting to hate the job. Sometimes I can get tired of dealing with bullshit. I might end up reaching a breaking point one day.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I forgot to mention about this song...

[Wham - Everything She Wants]

I heard this song so many times at my job, that's its too high to remeber. My job has been playing the same soundtrack of songs since I've been working there, but this song got stuck in my head. SOMEBODY TELL ME OOOOHHH! It got stuck in my heard, and gave me a massive headache one time.

I would just like to say that I personally credit the music my workplace used to play with my appreciation of George Michael, and I'd kill to be able to listen to cheesy 80s music at work again. Beats the hell out of Sugarland.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Look at the bright side, all that side-tracking keeps ya busy throughout the day and makes it go by fast, doesn't it? I remember my first job being a courtesy clerk at a large chain grocery store and man did I hate it. The worst part was the songs, same cheesy songs over and over every day.

To answer your question, currently it's socio-politics. Socio-politics in the fire service can be a real pain. I'll just leave it at that.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48  Edited By me3639

The hot wicked smart, country girl i work closely with is married i guess.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

Not doing anything surprisingly.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

Doing the same thing every day gets really tedious. It's just a "part time" fast food job (they've been scheduling me full time recently) while I'm in class. Hopefully I'll be able to find an internship or something soon.