• 65 results
Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vodun

@Hizang: Never mind if your phone could do it, it's about how it feels as well. Feels kinda better when you're holding an actual camera yeah? Also, sweet shot.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By Sooty

@Hizang said:

@Castermhief117: @Vodun: @Sooty: Ok so it arrived early this morning despite me only ordering it yesterday, very quick. I have to go to work very soon so didn't get to play with it t much. All I can say is I am very very happy with what I got, seeing as its my first DSLR it took a while to get used to taking good ones but with just 20 minuets I managed to take some decent pictures that I don't think my iPhone could take.

I'll mess more with it when I get home, very surprised at how good it is.

No Caption Provided

How's the zoom? If it has a good zoom that alone could make it worth keeping over the 4S. I was also dicking around with my camera earlier, keep forgetting to turn macro mode on sometimes but eh.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Something that annoys me about my camera though, is that the screen makes images seem more exposed than they actually turn out.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Bell_End

if you have a DSLR now to get the best out of it you need to be learning about F stops, Shutter speeds, ISO to get the very best out of it or you just have a massive camera.

i have these controls on my fuji f550, which while not a DSLR does take some nice shots and has full manual control.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My phone but god, I wish I had a DSLR today......  I was sitting on a park bench with a friend and I found so many great shots.  I wouldve framed those pictures if I could.  

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Vodun

@Sooty: @Hizang: I never understood the fascination with zoom. I bought into it and got a 200mm lens and I've used it maybe 4 times. The good stuff in my experience comes when you actually move up close to your subject. Zoom lenses are only ever useful if that option isn't there, and unless you're a nature photographer (or, like, a pedophile) that's usually not an issue.

The amount of glass needed to make the magnification also means that unless you're willing to pay A LOT of money, you're going to get shitty quality shots.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By fattony12000

The only proper camera I've ever owned, given to me by my dad.

SLR with a completely mechanical shutter capable of 1s - 1/4000th. The advance film lever was so smooth, like the fucking action on a Karabiner 98k.

1983 Nikon FM2
1983 Nikon FM2

Haven't used it in years :(

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Sooty

@Vodun: I have a 21x optical zoom which is great, even more so when on the tripod. I like using it when I'm high up somewhere.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Iodine said:

I have the samsung lumix GH2, and for what I use it for it works wonders.

Dude, I think you mean the Panasonic Lumix GH2. The nearest equivalent from Samsung is the NX10.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Iodine

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Iodine said:

I have the samsung lumix GH2, and for what I use it for it works wonders.

Dude, I think you mean the Panasonic Lumix GH2. The nearest equivalent from Samsung is the NX10.

Yeah you are correct there, my bad

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#60  Edited By Hizang

@Vodun said:

@Hizang: Never mind if your phone could do it, it's about how it feels as well. Feels kinda better when you're holding an actual camera yeah? Also, sweet shot.

It does feel a lot better taking pictures with this than my phone, I don't know if this is weird but I was actually enjoying myself a lot more too.@Sooty said:

How's the zoom? If it has a good zoom that alone could make it worth keeping over the 4S.

So as this is the first DSLR I have owned I found it simply jaw dropping, that i could zoom in and then get it back into focus. But people said its not a great one, it's an 18-55mm for those that want to know.

Overall really having fun with it, defiantly will be keeping this, I just need to know how to turn the flash off. Does anybody know a great way to share my photo's, I was thinking of starting a photo blog, but would Flickr be good enough, oh and does anybody know any great apps for the Mac for "instagramming" photo's?

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Vodun

@Hizang said:

@Vodun said:

It does feel a lot better taking pictures with this than my phone, I don't know if this is weird but I was actually enjoying myself a lot more too.@Sooty said:

How's the zoom? If it has a good zoom that alone could make it worth keeping over the 4S.

So as this is the first DSLR I have owned I found it simply jaw dropping, that i could zoom in and then get it back into focus. But people said its not a great one, it's an 18-55mm for those that want to know.

Overall really having fun with it, defiantly will be keeping this, I just need to know how to turn the flash off. Does anybody know a great way to share my photo's, I was thinking of starting a photo blog, but would Flickr be good enough, oh and does anybody know any great apps for the Mac for "instagramming" photo's?

The 18-55 is actually a pretty good lens. It can handle most scenarios and I use it quite often myself. At 18mm you get a bit of wide angle, and at the full 55 you have an ok medium zoom.

As for the flash, I don't really remember that camera but I'm fairly certain there's a quick button with a lightning bolt somewhere. Otherwise it's a menu option.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Hizang

@Vodun: more pictures!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vodun

@Hizang: Nice, could use a bit of post-work to brighten it up, maybe crop it a little closer but that's a very good shot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've got a T1i, but it's been a while since I've done very much with it. I'm feeling inspired to try to take some pictures now though.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hizang
@CrazyBagMan I will go out and play with it probably on the weekend.