What Household Chore Do You Hate the Most?

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpencerTucksen

We all have to do them, both as kids and as adults. For me, I hate dishes. I have always hated dishes, and even though it only takes about 15 minutes, it feels like it's an hour because it's so damn annoying to me. After that, I hate being the one who has to clean all the dust and whatnot from behind a toilet. Which ones do you hate the most?

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By teh_destroyer

Laundry, I can spend a whole day off doing that shit. Also dishes can suck too, as I don't have a dishwasher.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Cloudenvy

Doing the dishes, I find it kind of gross. : (

Also, before anyone tells me to get a dishwasher, it's cheaper for us this way = more money for games!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Cleaning the stairs.  
Rest is all doable provided you got the right music!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By crusader8463

Cooking. While I actually enjoy cooking, I hate it too. I enjoy the actual act of it, but I hate trying to think of something different to eat every day as I tend to just keep eating the same handful of things every day and I just get sick of it. The thing I may possibly hate just a smidgen more though is making my bed. It's really heavy and in this weird position that requires a lot of work to get the sheets on/off it.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Vacuuming, because every time I vacuum, I always think of a million different spots I should have gone over once or twice more. Because I'm OCD.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crusader8463

@PrivateIronTFU said:

Vacuuming, because every time I vacuum, I always think of a million different spots I should have gone over once or twice more. Because I'm OCD.

I'm the same way with sweeping my room as it has a ton of dusty hard to reach places. The cure for my OCD however is laziness. It trumps my OCD every time.

Fajita_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fajita_Jim

Cleaning the bathroom. Soap is hard as hell to get off the sink/tub. And there's no way to enjoy cleaning a toilet.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ninjakiller

Dishes, I fucking hate doing dishes.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpencerTucksen
@ninjakiller said:

Dishes, I fucking hate doing dishes.

It's awful, right?!@crusader8463 said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

I'm the same way with sweeping my room as it has a ton of dusty hard to reach places. The cure for my OCD however is laziness. It trumps my OCD every time.

Same here. It always bothers me when I miss stuff, but I always get like "....Fuck it. *starts up Battlefield 3*"
SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SpencerTucksen
@crusader8463 said:

Cooking. While I actually enjoy cooking, I hate it too. I enjoy the actual act of it, but I hate trying to think of something different to eat every day as I tend to just keep eating the same handful of things every day and I just get sick of it. The thing I may possibly hate just a smidgen more though is making my bed. It's really heavy and in this weird position that requires a lot of work to get the sheets on/off it.

I hate having ab ed that's tucked into a corner, since I have to pull the bed out in order to get my sheets tucked in there. And as for cooking, I enjoy it, but I hate when it's expected of me. Strange. Lol
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Does mowing the lawn count? Because I fucking hate that. The smells, the outdoor heat, mosquitoes biting my leg... none of that is pleasant. 

If mowing the lawn doesn't count, I think my second least favorite would be dishwashing.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SpencerTucksen
@FluxWaveZ said:
Does mowing the lawn count? Because I fucking hate that. The smells, the outdoor heat, mosquitoes biting my leg... non of that is pleasant.  If mowing the lawn doesn't count, I think my second least favorite would be dishwashing.
I actually kind of like mowing the lawn. I like the smell. But the heat, especially in Vegas where it can regularly hit 110-115 ground temperature, is horrid.
Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cornman89

Laundry. Folding clothes in particular.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpencerTucksen

I especially agree. I still can't fold shirts, thank goodness for hangers.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rudyftw

@SpencerTucksen said:

@FluxWaveZ said:
Does mowing the lawn count? Because I fucking hate that. The smells, the outdoor heat, mosquitoes biting my leg... non of that is pleasant. If mowing the lawn doesn't count, I think my second least favorite would be dishwashing.
I actually kind of like mowing the lawn. I like the smell. But the heat, especially in Vegas where it can regularly hit 110-115 ground temperature, is horrid.

Whoo! Vegas!

I just moved here and its awesome.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SpencerTucksen
@Rudyftw said:

@SpencerTucksen said:

@FluxWaveZ said:
Does mowing the lawn count? Because I fucking hate that. The smells, the outdoor heat, mosquitoes biting my leg... non of that is pleasant. If mowing the lawn doesn't count, I think my second least favorite would be dishwashing.

Whoo! Vegas!

I just moved here and its awesome.

It is awesome! And you came just in time. The weather is still nice. Lol, Not looking forward to when it hits 30 degrees most days. That's cold for me! Lol
teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By teh_destroyer

@FluxWaveZ said:

Does mowing the lawn count? Because I fucking hate that. The smells, the outdoor heat, mosquitoes biting my leg... none of that is pleasant. If mowing the lawn doesn't count, I think my second least favorite would be dishwashing.

Always love cutting the grass, always an opportunity to show off my man guns.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By dichemstys

I'd go with mowing the lawn because I tried listening to music while doing it and it didn't work.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Justin258

Dishwashing. Without a doubt.

See, laundry isn't that bad because once I get everything sorted and something in the washer, I can go do something else until it finishes. And then folding a load doesn't take long at all. So, there's about 45 minutes between loads where I can do something else like play games. Laundry still sucks, but it's not quite as bad as you'd think.

At least, it's not so bad until the words "ball sweat" cross your mind.

Dishwashing, however, usually means standing there for twenty or thirty minutes, or more, scrubbing the shit out of everything where people just refused to fucking rinse their plates off when they're done eating. I do have a dishwasher but no one, myself included, seems to remember to put their dishes in there until we've got a mountain of dishes in there.

Which reminds me, I've got to go do the fucking dishes right now...

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RE_Player1

Vacuuming. It takes me forever because I know I missed a spot or I go over everything again to make sure I got most of the dust. I rather wash dishes, mow the lawn, take out the trash, anything but vacuuming.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@birdflu777 said:

I'd go with mowing the lawn because I tried listening to music while doing it and it didn't work.

Get a mexican. They're cheap, affable, and do good work.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Commando

I enjoy outdoor work like mowing, trimming branches/bushes, landscaping. I actually drive to my parents house to do that stuff for them since they're old and I live in an apartment so I don't have a yard.

I hate vacuuming. Partially because my dog and my roommates dog piss on the floor every time they see the vacuum.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By ESREVER

I can't stand watering the plants. It's something I've always to do for like 10 years now. We have a ton, and with this Texas drought, its getting more and more infuriating with these laws regarding watering restrictions.

I'm just standing out there for 1-2 hours a day (sometimes every other day depending on that week's temperature) doing nothing but standing there and holding a hose. I would much rather be doing a chore that at least requires some effort and isn't so mind-numbingly boring. Then there's the mosquitoes... At least I have an mp3 player to occupy me somewhat.

I would rather clean bathrooms, clean litter boxes, vacuum the stairs, or mow. Just being able to do something other than standing there in the heat...

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bybeach

Washing the kitchen floor and bathroom clean..though it needs to be done. Do the bathroom today or tommorrow.....after video games

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27  Edited By dichemstys

Folding laundry bothers me.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DoctorTran

I fucking hate doing dishes. Mostly because we don't have a dish washer in our apartment.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SpencerTucksen
@believer258 said:

Dishwashing. Without a doubt.

See, laundry isn't that bad because once I get everything sorted and something in the washer, I can go do something else until it finishes. And then folding a load doesn't take long at all. So, there's about 45 minutes between loads where I can do something else like play games. Laundry still sucks, but it's not quite as bad as you'd think.

At least, it's not so bad until the words "ball sweat" cross your mind.

Dishwashing, however, usually means standing there for twenty or thirty minutes, or more, scrubbing the shit out of everything where people just refused to fucking rinse their plates off when they're done eating. I do have a dishwasher but no one, myself included, seems to remember to put their dishes in there until we've got a mountain of dishes in there.

Which reminds me, I've got to go do the fucking dishes right now...

Exactly! No one rinses their dishes, for some reason.
amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By amomjc

That's a hard one, but I would have to say the Kitty Litter. I hate missing one day of cleaning it out and then having to bend over to scoop it out while being suffocated by the Ammonia that is released into the air.

nickb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nickb64

@SpencerTucksen said:

@crusader8463 said:

I hate having ab ed that's tucked into a corner, since I have to pull the bed out in order to get my sheets tucked in there. And as for cooking, I enjoy it, but I hate when it's expected of me. Strange. Lol

I was lucky, my parents didn't/don't give a shit if I don't make my bed, and I recall reading somewhere that making your bed actually makes it a better place for bedbugs and bacteria and shit to thrive because it stays warmer or something.

@birdflu777: I'm sure it's terrible for my ears, but I tend to turn up the volume to drown out the roar of the mower enough that I can listen to the Bombcast or some other podcast while mowing the lawn.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SpencerTucksen
@nickb64 said:

@SpencerTucksen said:

@crusader8463 said:

I was lucky, my parents didn't/don't give a shit if I don't make my bed, and I recall reading somewhere that making your bed actually makes it a better place for bedbugs and bacteria and shit to thrive because it stays warmer or something.

@birdflu777: I'm sure it's terrible for my ears, but I tend to turn up the volume to drown out the roar of the mower enough that I can listen to the Bombcast or some other podcast while mowing the lawn.

Viva la revolucion! No more bed making!
otzlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By otzlowe

I am not a fan of laundry, because I live in a city and don't have my own washer / dryer. Having to go to the local sketch-dromat for a whole half a day is never enjoyable. I also don't have a car and am usually pretty busy, so I'm often lugging almost all the clothes I own at one time.

That said, I used to love mowing the lawn when I lived at my parent's house. We had a big yard and I had some headphones with good noise isolation, so I would often crank up some metal and speed around the yard, headbanging or otherwise dancing obnoxiously. I always challenged myself to mow as quickly as possible, on the fastest setting I was comfortable with.

In retrospect, this was probably not an awesome idea, but I'm not dead.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Hizang

The dishwasher is the worst!

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SadPatrol

@Axxol said:

When I was a kid, I had to rake leaves by myself while my two fat sisters sat on their asses.

It's ok, fat girls are second class citizens anyways.

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Still_I_Cry

Probably dishes, they're pretty gross.

Raking leaves is a very close second.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Adamsons

Ironing. 

Willing to trade, will do dishes / washing / cooking.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By rollingzeppelin

I hate dishes, mostly for the fact that there are always more to do and they pile up so fast.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39  Edited By Lashe

I find dishes + podcasts make a bearable combination. I really dislike ironing.

BlinkyTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BlinkyTM

Dishwasher Duty and Laundry and Lawnmowing (Not sure if this counts as a household chore). They are suck.

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By lazyturtle

Toilet cleanup. Followed by moping.

nerdsbeware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By nerdsbeware

Bathroom cleaning.

Hair EVERYWHERE.

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AndrewBeardsley

shovelling snow in -30 weather,

Seesic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Seesic

Laundry, I think just because I know it's accumulating and that I can't put it off. Rather quickly I'll run out of clothes and have to