• 178 results
#151 Posted by Bam_D_Leprechaun (795 posts) -

A Feast of Crows (4th book of the Game of Thrones series)

Dexter is Delicious (4th book of the Dexter sereis)

and im about to start The Hunger Games.

#152 Posted by Civraz (392 posts) -

The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson.

#153 Posted by SinGulaR (2257 posts) -

I'm working my way through the complete Discworld series by Terry Pratchett. I'm now at book 8 "Guards! Guards!". Pretty funny stuff.

#154 Edited by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

For no particular reason I'm in a Russian author-craze or whatever. Prior I read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and Fyodor Dostoyevsky (not their entire work (yet?), btw!).

Now reading Mikhail Bulgakov's 'The Fatal Eggs'.

#155 Posted by Declarius (180 posts) -

The Amber Spyglass by Phillip Pullman

#156 Posted by bio595 (307 posts) -

Neuromancer by William Gibson

Gonna move onto the Algebraist by Ian M Banks next

#157 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Every time this thread pops up it reminds me that I need to start reading my copy of 11/22/63. Tomorrow will be the day.

#158 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (281 posts) -

Presently reading Can't Stop Won't Stop. Some book on the history of Hip-Hop. Pretty dope.

#159 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

got myself a kindle and loaded it with books. Reading 'The God Delusion' right now. quite good so far

#160 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

A feast of crows from the Ice and Fire series.
I don't like all the characters in it but some are done really well.

Need to order some new books too, after this one I'll be out of reading material.

#161 Edited by CaLe (3910 posts) -

I'm reading a whole bunch of stuff right now. 

ZOO

Musashi 

All you need is kill 

The Summer of the Ubume 

Ryunosuke Akutagawa collection
#162 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Eh, "Das Urteil" by Kafka, "Survivor" by Palahniuk and I tried "The Night Watch" by Lukyanenko but gave up after 200 pages. Very soon I will start my annual LotR reading, though. Wheee.

#163 Posted by JCrichton (55 posts) -

I'm reading the Steve Jobs bio now, but am always looking for new stuff to read, any recommendations?

Love sci-fi fantasy (RA Salvatore) funny sorta off the wall stuff (have the world according to Clarkson on my kindle now) and well would at least sample something if you give me a good reason too

Would especially like a good book about gaming and/or the industry. I know they mentioned a few on the bombcast, I will have to go back and find the titles

#165 Edited by Conzed92 (166 posts) -

@Commisar123:

GO SCANDINAVIA!

BTW.

I am reading Dracula, by Bram Stroker, definitely a classic which should not be missed by anyone, it is absolutely great.

#166 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

A game of thrones

#167 Posted by beckley205 (310 posts) -

Grim Tuesday-Garth Nix

The Green Mile-Stephen King

The Litigators-John Grisham

Halo:Glasslands-Karen Travis

#168 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

Triple Zero - Karen Traviss. The 2nd book in the series.

#169 Posted by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

@xMP44x: You may have read it, but I highly recommend "Shooting an Elephant", the collection of articles/essays by Orwell.

Now I'm mainly reading The Plague of Fantasies by Zizek, Regarding the Pain of Others by Susan Sontag, The Transcendence of the Ego by Sartre, and then a few others to do with School.

There are however a few other books which I cover a few pages at a time when the particular mood strikes me.

#170 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

A simple act of murder. Think I might read some more in a min actually.

#171 Posted by Pezen (1561 posts) -

Currently rocking "Kingdom Of Fear" by Hunter S Thompson. Because whatever is worth doing is worth doing right.

#172 Posted by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

Atlas Shrugged.

Rather fitting given today's political, social, and economic situation. lol

#173 Posted by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

@AiurFlux said:

Atlas Shrugged.

Rather fitting given today's political, social, and economic situation. lol

Objectivism lol

#174 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

I am reading 11/22/63. It is really amazing. Stephen King's best work in years.

#175 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

@Penzilneck said:

@xMP44x: You may have read it, but I highly recommend "Shooting an Elephant", the collection of articles/essays by Orwell.

Now I'm mainly reading The Plague of Fantasies by Zizek, Regarding the Pain of Others by Susan Sontag, The Transcendence of the Ego by Sartre, and then a few others to do with School.

There are however a few other books which I cover a few pages at a time when the particular mood strikes me.

It's tragic, but I have to admit the only Orwell book I've read has been Animal Farm, though I loved the style and therefore I'm eager to read other work from him. Shooting an Elephant seems like it would be very enjoyable. I've also wanted to read Sartre because of his quote, "When the rich wage war it's the poor who die", but I still haven't gotten around to it either. I haven't read any philosophy yet but I have a copy of Arthur Schopenhauer's The World as Will and Idea sitting on my shelves, readied. I also have Marx and Engels' Communist Manifesto, but again, I haven't read it yet. I'm thinking I'll read Schopenhauer and perhaps Hitler's Mein Kampf after each other since Hitler's views were apparently inspired by Schopenhauer's.

#176 Posted by Ravenhoe (111 posts) -

After all the hype around it, I finally started reading a Game of Thrones, a tough read but I am enjoying it

#177 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

@GunnBjorn said:

For no particular reason I'm in a Russian author-craze or whatever. Prior I read Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and Fyodor Dostoyevsky (not their entire work (yet?), btw!).

Now reading Mikhail Bulgakov's 'The Fatal Eggs'.

I'm thinking the same to be honest. I don't know why but in the past year or so I've really developed an interest in Russia and its history. Am I right in thinking Solzhenitsyn was responsible for The Gulag Archipelago, or was that someone else? The Master and the Margarita also seems interesting.

#178 Posted by Rudyftw (554 posts) -

Do comic books count?

If so, im currently reading Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.

Be jealous.

#179 Posted by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -

Just finished Anvil Gate, the third Gears of War book. I'll probably start Coalition's End next, although I have The Hunger Games on my Kindle that I should really start.