What's your opinion about Giantbomb's coop with Gamespot on Professional Wednesday's and other unannounced projects?

• 64 results
DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Poll What's your opinion about Giantbomb's coop with Gamespot on Professional Wednesday's and other unannounced projects? (279 votes)

Awesome! Can't wait to see more of the gamespot crew in giantbomb videos 11%
Good! I like what they've done so far so I'm optimistic about it going forward 50%
I don't know! I'm neutral or undecided about it 20%
Not Good! I'm not enthusiastic about Gamespot and Giantbomb co mingling 13%
Terrible! Gamespot should not be in Giantbomb content. Period. 6%
 • 
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

I wish it was better than it is.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like the Gamespot guys and don't mind the two sites getting together, it's just... it feels repetitive. I don't know that I'm interested in seeing Defiance on the Wednesday show and then also the quick look. It's kinda weird.

I know, of course, I don't have to consume both pieces of content, but I'm crazy and tend to watch everything Giant Bomb puts out.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By abendlaender

Professional Wednesday is fine...it's alright, I guess. It's easily GBs weakest feature by far, but it's still not terrible. I don't think I'd like to see more projects like it though.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's been getting better with time. Still needs more Justin Calvert though.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just love how we get a great piece of content every day of the working week now. I Love Mondays, Bombcast, Giant Bomb X Gamespot, TNT and Unprofessional Fridays, all this as well as the quicklooks, Jar Time and even the awesome Spoillercast this week we are getting alot of content and who am I to complain about that?

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't mind most of the Gamespot guys. I like Chris and Justin. The rest are just ok. In actuality, I find the Giant Bomb guys to sometimes be total shit heads to the Gamespot crew. I understand that they are trying to be funny but I really hate it when they start to endlessly rail on Chris specifically. I mean, the ending was pretty good as that was clearly much more of a playful teasing but at one point during the Defiance segment they would not let him get a word in edgewise. Perhaps he was praising the whole Defiance universe a bit much but I think the Giant Bomb guys made up for it by being a little dismissive. I'd rather see an intelligent debate rather than Ryan just blurt out his point of view and deny any other people air time.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ryan and Giant Bomb a lot (and I mean A LOT), but I feel that, at times, they take the whole "we're funny because we don't give shit" thing a little too far. The best part of Giant Bomb is that they can be totally goofy and silly one minute but then engage in a fairly engaging and substantive discussion the next.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By Winternet

Is this the 23rd or the 24th thread about Professional Wednesdays? I lost count.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By jimmyfenix

bring ryan mac on more often

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By pweidman

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SmilingPig

It's the first step to an all-out invasion. (Or GB folding back in to GameStop...Gamespot sry.)

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it but i don't want this to lead up to a gamespot and giant bomb merge.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like that they're trying new things. The GS personalities don't always align with the GB crew but I think that's getting better as they're doing more features together. Even if they're not my favorite, more content = good.

HOLY SHIT THIS IS MY 800TH POST!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I LOVE YOU FAKE FRIENDS ON THE INTERNET!

WE LOVE YOU TOO FAKE INTERNET PERSON! WOOOOOOOOOO!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#63  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'll take any Giant Bomb content I can get. I've never followed Gamespot before and didn't know anyone from there at all. They're ok so far. They just have to find a groove with the Giant Bomb crew and they seem to be getting there.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By nightriff

Watched professional fridays from last week today and it just isn't a good show, both GB and GS aren't good in it. I just don't understand why the show exists with a QL site, they both serve the same purpose, and in some cases show the exact same parts of the game. I would rather them scrap all three live shows (at least 2 and keep UF) and do random live streams/shows, RPCG, Breaking Brad, Jurassic Lark like today, etc