#1 Edited by Budwyzer (544 posts) -

Wanted to start a thread just to ask what happened to a single product, then realized we can just keep this going, and people can add-on.

Starting here: Whatever happened to the Power Squid?

I managed to snag two of these things before they disappeared from store shelves and have never had a better Surge Protector.

#2 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

Very nice idea for a thread, people can help each other out. Sadly I don't know what a power squid is.

My turn: Whatever happened to the rum? Where's all the rum gone?

#3 Posted by TyCobb (1945 posts) -

@budwyzer: It's still around. I think they found they were better off selling in different markets. You can easily buy them online. Found tons of places just typing Power Squid into Google.

@jouseldelka: It's currently flowing through my bloodstream.

Whatever happened to Pogs?

#4 Edited by Verendus (348 posts) -

What happened to good sportsmanship in gaming? You don't hear "Good game" anymore. You don't see anyone go "Wow man, you really beat me" It makes me cringe everytime a player in my team is yelling the most atrocious things at enemy player who can't even hear him. Every death is caused by some "F****t" "B****h" or similar. I wonder do those people genuinely enjoy the game if it causes them to turn into such maniacs?

Well, I can answer my own question though, 2 things happened: Competitive gaming became popular and stats happened.

#5 Edited by falserelic (5333 posts) -

What happen to the boy who cried wolf?

#6 Posted by TooWalrus (13137 posts) -

What ever happened to Carmen Sandiego?

#7 Posted by ripelivejam (3562 posts) -

where have all the cowboys gone?

#8 Edited by Budwyzer (544 posts) -

@ripelivejam said:

where have all the cowboys gone?

Marlboros

<-- Before

After -->

#9 Posted by Zoeytrope (90 posts) -

Whatever happened to Fay Wray?

That delicate, satin-draped frame.

#10 Posted by bigjeffrey (4805 posts) -

What ever happened to Nick Carter from the backstreet boys

#11 Edited by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

Nick is still on the backstreet boys, they are on a comeback tour or something.

Whatever happened to cereal. Like Super Mario or Donkey kong cereal? Why can't we get full on licensed cereal? And I just want some fucking Rice Krispies Treats Cereal god damn it.

#12 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3038 posts) -

Whatever happened to computer mouses with balls in them.

#13 Edited by TyCobb (1945 posts) -

@thehbk said:

Nick is still on the backstreet boys, they are on a comeback tour or something.

Whatever happened to cereal. Like Super Mario or Donkey kong cereal? Why can't we get full on licensed cereal? And I just want some fucking Rice Krispies Treats Cereal god damn it.

This happened to wrestling, I mean cereal.

#14 Posted by Ben_H (3312 posts) -

The Power Squid website is sweet. If you mouse over the logo at the top the little squid tentacles move with your mouse.

Also, they sell them here in Canada apparently still (or at least knock-offs. Looks like the real thing is still available too). That's cool. I kinda want one now.

#15 Edited by leftie68 (215 posts) -

...predictability. The milk man, the paper boy, evening T.V.

#16 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2311 posts) -

Whatever happened to... Robot Jones?

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (36047 posts) -

It got cancelled to make room for more Codename: Kids Next Door. Ugh.

#18 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Whatever happened to the tangerine Altoids?

#19 Posted by joshwent (2124 posts) -

@zoeytrope: Hopefully, she gave herself over to absolute pleasure.

#20 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1696 posts) -

What ever happened to Baby Jane?

Sorry...that was way too easy.

#21 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7052 posts) -

@turtlebird95 said:

It got cancelled to make room for more Codename: Kids Next Door. Ugh.

Kids Next Door was so lame. Robot Jones deserved so much better.

#22 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3038 posts) -

whatever happened to this thread?

#23 Edited by rye256 (116 posts) -

What happened to the bottom of this website? The latest forum threads used to be displayed on the front page. Now I have to click at least one extra time to access this information!

Clearly, this is an outrage!

kidding, but seriously, what happened?

/sadface

#25 Posted by mlarrabee (2886 posts) -

@rye256 said:

What happened to the bottom of this website? The latest forum threads used to be displayed on the front page. Now I have to click at least one extra time to access this information!

Clearly, this is an outrage!

kidding, but seriously, what happened?

/sadface

The first problem with it was caused by a corrupted cache (explanation offered by a site mod). The title of the most recent topic would appear on a broken table, missing its view and post counters, and there the table would end. The problem seemed to be fixed for about a week but it returned, if I remember correctly, last night. It seems they took the entire section away until the underlying problem can be solved. I hoped it returns eventually--I generally don't dig into the forums without the front-page motivation.

#26 Posted by Video_Game_King (36047 posts) -

I was going to ask whatever happened to Don Bluth, but a trip to Wikipedia reveals that he's been looking into a Dragon's Lair movie. So yay for that.

#27 Posted by laserguy (439 posts) -

What's happened to me?

#28 Posted by TyCobb (1945 posts) -

I was going to ask whatever happened to Don Bluth, but a trip to Wikipedia reveals that he's been looking into a Dragon's Lair movie. So yay for that.

I can't wait for that to come out on LaserDisc.

#29 Posted by TyCobb (1945 posts) -

@laserguy said:

What's happened to me?

Judging by your avatar, you were shot in the back of the head and then preserved in wax.

#30 Posted by Budwyzer (544 posts) -

whatever happened to this thread?

I necroed it! RISE MY MINION! RISE!

#31 Posted by mosespippy (4043 posts) -

What ever happened to ambiguous thread titles not being allowed? They lead to people wasting their time opening threads that they don't yet know if they are interested in or not. I know this thread sure wasted my time.

#32 Edited by Vinny_Says (5690 posts) -

Whatever happened to rainbow six patriots? They totally took the tech from it and put it in that new Tom Clancy game from E3 2013.

#33 Posted by Ryuku_Ryosake (203 posts) -

What ever happened to Suburban Rhythm?

#34 Posted by Sinusoidal (1299 posts) -

Whatever happened to competitive search engines? I can't help but feel that this near-universal reliance on Google can't be good. Things seemed so much wilder in the days of Webcrawler, Altavista, Lycos, Yahoo, etc..

That said, a quick Google search can answer any question asked in this thread.

#35 Posted by falserelic (5333 posts) -

Thinking about it I wonder what happen to that singer Mya.

Her body was like whoa..

#36 Edited by Irvandus (2826 posts) -

Whatever happened to dumb gameshows?

#37 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5249 posts) -

#38 Posted by Elwoodan (763 posts) -

What ever happened to battlefield 2142? Titan mode was awesome.

#39 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11485 posts) -

Oh wow. Totally forgot that show existed. Throw that in with Time Squad and Mike, Lu and Og for Cartoon Network shows from the early 00's that I couldn't tell you anything about but I know I watched.

Whatever happened to Mega Man?

#40 Posted by Budwyzer (544 posts) -

What ever happened to ambiguous thread titles not being allowed? They lead to people wasting their time opening threads that they don't yet know if they are interested in or not. I know this thread sure wasted my time.

It's called "Off Topic". Come at me bro!