What's the most money you've wasted on a product?

• 116 results
matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By matthias2437

I bought a car for $2000 because mine broke down and I HAD to buy one that day then two month later bought a 2009 BMW 135i for $20,000. I was able to sell the car I had bought (2000 Hyundai Tiburon) for about 1k but that was still a pretty huge waste.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Ducksworth

@imsh_pl said:

@Ducksworth said:

• Professor Layton Unwound Future/Last Specter still in their shrink wrap because I still have to finish up Diabolical Box

Dude what, I played through every Layton game within like the first 4 days since I got them.

It's a shame I haven't been putting more time into them, I manage to get maybe 15 minutes a day in and that's right before I go to bed so if I come across a particularly tricky puzzle I'm not that motivated to think it through. One day...one day.

@liako21: Haha although it might not seem like it I do love playing videogames.When I was strapped for cash I would only buy a few games and those games would be long lasting games that I knew I would probably like. Although I managed to play the heck out of the games I owned there were always a tonne of fantastic games being released that I always wished I had a chance to play. Now that I have disposable incoming I've been catching up on everything I missed out on...but that money is coming from a job that takes up a lot of time (4 hour daily commute) and even though I'm building up a collection of some sure to be classic games I just don't have the time get through one before the next one is shipped in.

First world problems.

Avatar image for quick_stop_chad
Quick_Stop_Chad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By Quick_Stop_Chad

TF2.......So many keys, so many, but it could be an exceedingly rare item in that crate so I have to open it I cant stop.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#104  Edited By Sackmanjones
@Galiant

My current PC. It cost $1793, because, you know...I just got my first paycheck (which was one and a half month's worth of my monthly salary) and a bonus for doing my final thesis there (which was almost as much as my monthly salary).

It runs The Witcher 2 on ultra settings and everything enabled without breaking a sweat. It is amazing, playing that game on my couch on my HDTV with my PS3 controller, the way it was meant to be played for sure...

Money well spent, not wasted!

Actually bought a pc myself a month ago. Paid around $1000 for it and with ubersampling disabled it runs the witcher 2 on ultra without issues (on my 46' 1080p tv I might add) definitely money put to good use!
Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Twisted_Scot

Just bought a SNES for $10 but then went out and paid $40 for a copy of Super Mario Kart and $30 for Link to the past. I'm never going to sit down and play them again, I know it, you know it but still....feels right.

NaDannMaGoGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By NaDannMaGoGo

Roughly 260€ for a 3DS, LoZ: OOT and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn. Everything disappointed me a lot. Mario Kart 7 was some nice fun but that's all. And I cannot believe how much of a terrible sequel GS:DD is, what a shame.

Also in my youth, it started with Pokemon and Digimon Cards where I didn't really spend too much if I remember correctly. But well, Yu-Gi-Oh cards - must've been almost 1000€ over a couple years. Just fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that crap. I mean it's basically addiction for kids :/

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I was younger Walmart had these things that came with only one Yugioh card promising a "Super or Ultra Rare card" for 10 bucks. Naturally as a nine year old boy I believed that crap and begged my mom to buy one for me. When I finally got it I ripped that shit open to find a basic trap card that I had like 50 of. I was pretty fucking pissed.

I'd also say the 3DS was a purchase that could have definitely waited.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By intro

@Terrorbite said:

@Terrorbite
Airsoft, I can only
Play half the year because it snows so much here, so I have 1000s of dollars of toy guns sitting in my closest along with 175 dollar vest Cus I had to have a real load bearing vest from the south African bush wars. And I call my self a grown man. P.s. I accidentally hit submit my phone so I replied to myself, I couldn't find a edit button, sorry if I missed it.

I have thousands of dollars sunk into paintball markers and gear, although I don't regret it.

Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By Mahonay

My TV which was like $900. I don't usually spend a lot of money at once. Instead I waste my money away in a multitude of small expenditures. Although I spend more than that on rent every month :(

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By SmilingPig

I paid 1900$ for a pair of katanas that I sold 150$ 4 years later.

colin_066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By colin_066

@Xtrminatr: yeah it really sucks, I was really hoping for this to do really well. Maybe that game by level 5 Time Traveler's will do well

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By arkasai

I've got a few thousand dollars in tools and parts for RC cars and trucks under my mom's house. I doubt I'll ever dig that stuff up till I have kids of my own. I've also sunk quite a lot of money into a D700 and range of full frame lenses, but I shoot everyday and I can't imagine regretting that purchase. I almost got a D800 but ended up cancelling my pre-order about a week before they started shipping. I'm glad I did because this post would look a little different if I hadn't. I also lost about two hundred bucks to the universe by booking my round trip flight to Japan a day after all my friends got theirs...I almost went with a different airline.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#113  Edited By confusedowl

The original DS. I told myself that I would be buy tons of games for it and play it a lot but it just never happened. Most of the time is sat there unused while I played Xbox.

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#114  Edited By illmatic19

I bought these real fugly Nike Air Force Ones for about $220. They were brown with a red swoosh. What the fuck was I thinking?

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#115  Edited By Brenderous

Bought a $200 Razer keyboard, which I was happy with. It had a kind of fabric on the cord to protect it, and it dried out in my super dry apartment. It dried out so much that one day it just didn't work because the cord had snapped or something from the now cracked and sharp fabric.

Retail place I bought it from would not take it back. I guess I could try mailing it back to Razer.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#116  Edited By Gerhabio

@tunaburn: Hispanophobe?

Avatar image for the_last_starfighter
The_Last_Starfighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The 10's of thousands of dollars I've spent on cigarettes.