When was the last time you visited your local public library? (excludes university libraries)

• 60 results
DriveupLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Edited By DriveupLife

Poll When was the last time you visited your local public library? (excludes university libraries) (147 votes)

Less than 24 hours ago 5%
2 days ago 6%
5 days ago 4%
1 week ago 3%
2 weeks ago 8%
1 month ago 6%
3 months ago 5%
6 months ago 5%
1 year ago 7%
2 years ago 4%
3 years ago 5%
5 years ago 5%
5+ years ago 35%

I have been working through major technology apathy. I don't give a fuck about new tech anymore. These days I've been "technology regressing", meaning I've been enjoying old technology and old media more and more. One of these outlets is my local public library and reading physical books more often.

That got me thinking, how often do the rest of you go to the library? Do you have a library card? The wisdom of the world is available there if you take the time to go and get it.

• 
ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like 6th months ago just to check it out because I had never been. I generally prefer audiobooks to actually reading.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say it has been at least 2 years. The only reason why, was because my ID expired which meant I couldn't renew my library card, but now I'm finally getting a new ID and should be able to finally renew my library card. As soon as I renew it I'm getting a ton of books, I love going to the library when I can and I miss it.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By HerbieBug

I have the internet and I buy books because I collect them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be39bbb598b7
deactivated-5be39bbb598b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason I haven't gone to the library in over a month is due to the fact that I currently don't have enough time for reading. I simply love reading more than anything, but I just started college, so I can't seem to find enough time.

Littleg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We go to our local library fairly regularly as it's a good way to break up a trip into town and my daughter loves looking at all the books. I also went through a patch of trying to get into graphic novels, but always felt a bit weird looking through their selection, as they're kept with all the kids' books. Parents used to give the grown man hanging around the children's section by himself funny looks...

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

...my what?

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been interning at mine for a couple of months and not surprisingly I started borrowing and reading books a whole lot more, it's hard not to just grab a new one every day.

@littleg said:

Parents used to give the grown man hanging around the children's section by himself funny looks...

Now that's just plain dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I go to the library at least once a week. I'm on a first name basis with all the librarians.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably somewhere between 6-12 months.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By zidane_24

Went about a month ago to get out of a busy house to write a paper in peace. If we're talking about going to check out a book, it's probably been two or three years.

Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Corvak

As an avid fan of new technology, digital media and the like, it may seem strange. But reading from an actual physical book is a great thing. e-Readers and ebooks are wonderful for traveling simply for the space savings and convenience, but if i'm at home i'll read an actual book instead, every time.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@corvak said:

As an avid fan of new technology, digital media and the like, it may seem strange. But reading from an actual physical book is a great thing. e-Readers and ebooks are wonderful for traveling simply for the space savings and convenience, but if i'm at home i'll read an actual book instead, every time.

Amen to that. There's nothing quite like a nice hardcover book.

nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was there a couple of weeks ago, looking for a particular book. I don't remember what it was now, but I do know they didn't have it! Stupid library.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A long time ago. I don't like the concept of renting books. I like to buy them new and read them whenever I want to.

I do use a university library however, getting some books as to pass an exam.