• 62 results
#1 Edited by Alekss (327 posts) -

I realized that I am 21 years old and the last time I went to the dentist I was 7 years old. I brush my teeth regulary but it's been years since I was to the dentist.

#2 Posted by Funkydupe (3320 posts) -

I try to go there at least once a year. They're very expensive, even for a basic check-up.

#3 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

It's more effective to brush your teeth than to wash them.

For helpful tips like this and more check with you local dentist more often than every 14 years.

#4 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I go every six months. So like four months ago. It's never fun.

#5 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

It's been way too long. My job doesn't offer insurance so I don't have an appointment scheduled every six months anymore.

#6 Edited by Consaw (250 posts) -

I used to go every six months until my employer dropped dental insurance, now I never go.

#7 Edited by ShockD (2401 posts) -

Some half an year ago. I check them annually.

#8 Edited by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

Now you've edited your post to make me look like the crazy one, what with the brushing and the washing.

I am fucking on to you, I am on to you buddy! I'm all over this one snaggletooth, you're not fooling me!

#9 Edited by Alekss (327 posts) -

@biffmcblumpkin said:

Now you've edited your post to make me look like the crazy one, what with the brushing and the washing.

I am fucking on to you, I am on to you buddy! I'm all over this one snaggletooth, you're not fooling me!

Im my native language we call brushing out teeth washing out teeth. That's why I made a confusion.

#10 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2305 posts) -

I think I'm going on at least 8+ years since I last went.

#11 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Last year.

#12 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I go every six months and never have cavities 8)

#13 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

@alekss said:

@biffmcblumpkin said:

Im my native language we call brushing out teeth washing out teeth. That's why I made a confusion.

In my native language we don't make confusions we make babies, so let's get to it. Let's get down to brown town.

#14 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Probably about 6 or so years ago, I'm 22 now. About the same time for the doctors.

#15 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

I've gone about 3 times in the last 20 years (but my teeth are still pretty good). I should probably go more often considering it's free, though.

#16 Posted by Alekss (327 posts) -

@alekss said:

@biffmcblumpkin said:

In my native language we don't make confusions we make babies, so let's get to it. Let's get down to brown town.

Up for some desert?

#17 Edited by hawkinson76 (370 posts) -

I was in your boat, ended up needing major work in my early twenties, expensive, better to go at least once a year, take on the problems as the come, less disruptive.

#18 Edited by TooWalrus (13203 posts) -

Yesterday! My insurance pays for a trip every 6 months and goddamnit, I'm going every time. I've never had a cavity and I'd like to keep it that way- especially after I've had so much work done to fix my fucked up teeth. Spoiler: I didn't die on the operating table.

#19 Edited by 49th (2758 posts) -

1 month ago, just for a check up. Free healthcare, yeah!

#20 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Last month

#21 Posted by believer258 (11914 posts) -

Two weeks. I got my wisdom teeth pulled.

#22 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

This morning. Stupid popcorn.

#23 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

About 4 years ago, though I have great teeth so I've never had a reason to go before anyway, and I'm no longer covered by the NHS for dental because I'm over 18 (dental is private in the UK, btw) so I thought, "why bother paying money to see my dentist only for her to say 'Yeah, teeth are fine, bye' and then leave?"

So I don't go.

#24 Posted by Gruebacca (519 posts) -

Monday. Afterwards, my teeth were a bloody mess.

#25 Posted by Atlas (2447 posts) -

About a month ago. First time for ages, but got a clean bill of dental health, despite my lack of flossing.

#26 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I actually can't remember. Many years. My teeth are still white, don't have holes in them, don't hurt and aren't falling out.

I'll go if I need to though.

#27 Posted by Pr1mus (3914 posts) -

Too long ago.

#28 Posted by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

August of 2011, yeesh.

#29 Edited by envane (1163 posts) -

bout a month ago , had a wisdom tooth yanked out , i need 3 more gone :/ plus i have a nasty cavity somewhere in one of my main molars , so :( back to the dentist pretty soon!

#30 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

I went every 6 months as a civilian...now I can only go once a year, so it was last June.

#31 Edited by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

going on 2 years. I really need to go but I get so depressed because it jacks up my Jaw (TMJ) and all the dentist does is bitch about flossing.

#32 Edited by Intro (1207 posts) -

Usually every 6 months, but it's about a year. I'll be making an appointment soon. Haven't needed anything other than some cleaning, no braces or cavities for me. At least not yet lol.

Last time I went they told me to get my wisdom teeth out, and I did.

#33 Edited by Chop (1997 posts) -

It's been about 8 years now.

#34 Posted by Demoskinos (14838 posts) -

Its been a long damn time. I don't have coverage so unless were talking something that is either so painful that I can't stand it or something like a possible infection that could be deadly or extremely harmful I'm not going to shell out that kind of money out of my pocket for my teeth. I'll brush and use some mouth wash and hope for the best.

#35 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

I'd say it's been about two years. Maybe slightly less than two years. I had decent insurance back then, and I don't feel like paying stuff like wisdom teeth extraction, since that's like several hundreds of dollars.

#36 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -

2 months. I had my fillings replaced.

#37 Edited by rjayb89 (7722 posts) -

Yesterday actually, oddly enough. In the weeks before, I thought I had a cavity but it was a very stingy piece of food stuck in there for two weeks. Ended up as a routine checkup and cleaning (and a poor one at that). Before that, I think it was six months ago.

#38 Edited by probablytuna (3666 posts) -

I usually go once a year for a regular check up. I have another appointment scheduled in May. Not looking forward to going back there.

#39 Posted by tread311 (356 posts) -

If you have insurance you should probably go to the dentist. I had a 6 year or so absence in my late teens/early twenties and thought my mouth was fine, but turned out while my teeth were fine my gums were in less than great shape. Dental Scaling is a procedure best left avoided if possible. At the very least make sure you floss!

#40 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

last year. i had a bad cavity. and apparently a root canal wouldnt take cus i got punched in the face years ago and apparently that caused the "prong fang thing" thats in your jaw to break so the root canal wouldnt work so now i have an empty spot in my teeth :(

#41 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

Last summer. I go every year because I'm not a dirty hobo.

#42 Posted by insouciant (710 posts) -

Last summer. I go every year because I'm not a dirty hobo.

lol. It's been a year for me. One of my teeth fell out and I need a $1,200 crown.

#43 Edited by Village_Guy (2579 posts) -

Once a year, actually it is around a year ago, so I should get a card from my dentist with a time on it soon.

#44 Posted by Vexxan (4621 posts) -

About 6 months ago, I usually go at least once every year.

#45 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Last year when I shattered my two front teeth at work. Before that it was when I shattered my two front teeth on a curb at thirteen.

I need to go to the dentist more and stop smashing my front teeth on things.

#46 Posted by MEATBALL (3244 posts) -

Like 6 or 7 years. >.<

#47 Posted by Svenzon (720 posts) -

Coming up on 8 years. I was gonna do it 3 years ago, but had to cancel my appointment back then. Nowadays I make so little money that I wouldn't dare go there.

#48 Edited by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Well, technically, today. I have an appointment for this afternoon, but before this, probably six months ago. Go at least twice a year.

#49 Posted by Stonyman65 (2709 posts) -

Probably about 2 years ago. I had 4 cavities.

They fucked up my right molar to the point were there is no surface area left. The inside side of my tooth is paper thin because of it. I'm just waiting for it to break.

After that visit, I'm taking a lot better care of my teeth. I try to brush every day if I remember,

#50 Posted by Sanity (1907 posts) -

Been a few years.... no insurance so i cant really afford it right now.