Who do you plan to vote for? (UK Elections)

• 61 results
Bhargava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Bhargava

Let we have to know first who is in UK election, we can get complete information about UK election 2010 below.
UK General Election 2010

jonfresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By jonfresh
I haven't really made up my mind yet, though the constituency I live in has 75,000 electorate and the past two elections Tories have won with around a 20,000 majority, so it doesn't really matter where my vote goes to be honest :D
jonfresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jonfresh
@Bhargava: the BBC website has a great tool for checking out each of the parties poilcies using their Policy Guide.
Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Jeffery

I live in Sweden,but i heard The Conservatives are good.

Jeffery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Jeffery
@Devil240Z said:
" Woah... UK Elections sound cool. In america you gotta choose between douchbags and retards. Wheres the sanity party? "
No,douchebags and turd sandwiches.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Jadeskye

Liberal Democrat for me. It's time for change and they're making a lot of sense to me. 

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By roborobb

I can't get behind any of the major parties so it's Green Party for me!!!

alcamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By alcamin

I'll be voting for the Conservatives, not because I have any particular love for them, but because I don't see that there is a lot of choice. The thought of Labour getting back into power really doesn't sit right with me. Lets face it; they've had thirteen years in charge, and although they have done some good, it just seems like they are running on empty, and the numerous bad decisions that they have made cannot be ignored (the illegal wars, for example). Nothing that I've heard from them fills me with any great confidence that they will improve the country, and as I feel that Gordon Brown is totally lacking in charisma (worst fake smile ever), and the likes of Peter Mandelson (Darth Mandelson) makes my skin crawl, I have no great desire to vote for them. Give them a break, let them rebuild and see what they have to say in a few years when they are fresh.

I have a bit more faith in the Lib Dem's, but the problem with them is that I don't think they have what it take to lead the country quite yet. Don't get me wrong, I agree with quite a few of their policies, particularly around student fees, but I can't help but think that the only reason people are taking any notice of them is because of Nick Clegg's TV debate performance. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, or surprising, seeing as the debates are new and people are seeing a different side of politics, but simply being won over by one good speech isn't a good enough reason to vote him into power. I just get the feeling people still don't really know much about the Lib Dem's, but because they are not Labour or the Tories, they are somehow free from the world of bad politics that gave Westminster such a bad name (although they were not exactly innocent in the expenses scandal either). If they make enough ground on the 6th then I do believe that they will be in a really strong position though, and with a bit more work they may even become my party of choice. Who can say what the future holds? 

That leaves the Tories. Like I said before, I'm not a massive fan and there are plenty of aspects that sometimes feel a little stuffy, old fashioned and backward looking. However, of the three main parties they are the only ones that I think offer the most thought-out and round package. It's very easy to write them off as "the party of the rich" and say that they have no interest in the working class, but I don't see a huge amount of bases for that any more. Most of that sentiment seems to come from the way they were decades ago, and although that shouldn't be forgotten, it shouldn't blind people to the current party either. I also quite like David Cameron too. He isn't amazing or anything, but he seems like a fairly down to earth sort of guy, is pretty engaging as a speaker, and far more genuine than the likes of Brown. Simply saying that he is just some privileged posh boy who has no idea how to deal with the poor, or that he is going to ruin the NHS, is extremely narrow-minded, as his policies don't back that up. Does it really matter that he went to a private school and had money when he was growing up? Hell no! If his ideas for the economy, health, education, defence and all that good stuff work then it's completely irrelevant. In the end, I have decided to trust him (unless, in the unlikely event that he completely falls apart during the debate tonight and goes on some sort of crazed racist, homophobic, elitist rant, of course, ;P) and I want to see what he does with the country. It may not all be good, but then name me one government that is or ever has been.

Sorry for the long, rambling post. I wasn't intending to write much; I just sort of got into the flow. I'm not trying to convince anyone one way or the other, so  read, don't read, agree or disagree, I just wanted to put my thoughts down. And remember, it's only an opinion, people. ;) 

Lets hope for a good debate tonight!

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By turbomonkey138

I hope to god the Torries don't get in

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points