Who do you plan to vote for? (UK Elections)

• 61 results
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By flaminghobo

It's Labour for me.

CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By CandleJakk

I know who I'm voting for, but last I heard it was a private ballot. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm only 16 so I can't vote.  If I could, I'd probably vote for Labour.

Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Sadisticham

Lib Dem. Just cause Labour and conservatives have both screwed up and will continue to do so untill something changes.

I doubt they'll do any better but they've not had a chance in power yet to screw it up. So why not!

In truth i see conservatives bagging the win with labour a close second. And the country will continue to be run into the ground by thieving, greedy scumbags. I depress myself sometimes. ;p

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By flaminghobo
@CandleJakk said:
" I know who I'm voting for, but last I heard it was a private ballot. :P "
I'm not exactly forcing you to display your identity. :P 
I was just curious to see what people would vote for in the  poll above.
CandleJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CandleJakk
@FlamingHobo: Haha, it's Lib Dem for me, they did great when they ran my home Constituency, then the Tories came along and ran it into the ground. Labour have done a lot of good, but a lot of bad too. It's about time the Liberals got a chance, they can't fuck things up more than they are already, and they want to repeal the Digital Economy Act (as it's law now), and change it.
Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Sambambo

Tory for me.

Why so many Labour votes :| Havent they messed up the country enough?

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By mracoon

I'm so annoyed because my 18th birthday's a week after the election. I would vote Labour even though I prefer the Lib Dems as voting for them in my constituency would just split the vote in favour of the Conservatives, who I don't want to see winning.

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Feser

When is your guys election rolling around? Begining of summer or end spring is what I've heard. The US is getting a round of elections this fall.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By oldschool
@SuperSambo said:
" Tory for me.  Why so many Labour votes :| Havent they messed up the country enough? "
Yeah, and the Tories did such a wonderful job last time they were in.  Maybe they will just introduce more taxes and sell off whatever they didn't sell the last time.  Poll tax anyone?
babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By babblinmule

I actually met my local tory MP 3 hours ago - he was on a campaign tour in my neighbourhood. He actually walked up to me and asked if he 'could count on my vote'. Not a chance i said. Good day =D

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Probably Lib Dem or Labour. Honestly I need to look who is offering the most support for universities and vote for them.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By mrcraggle

Wow, surprised how Labour have some many votes here considering how they've fucked us over for the past decade and Gordan Brown is probably one of the worse Prime Ministers we've had. I've had it with the 3 main parties and i'm voting elsewhere.

TomWhitbrook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TomWhitbrook

God, if you cut me I'd bleed social liberal blood but I just can't vote for them this time. Too many policies I disagree with.

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#17  Edited By Jazz
@mrcraggle said:
" Wow, surprised how Labour have some many votes here considering how they've fucked us over for the past decade and Gordan Brown is probably one of the worse Prime Ministers we've had. I've had it with the 3 main parties and i'm voting elsewhere. "
This
Teh_Eel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Teh_Eel

Voting Labour, cant trust the conservatives.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By dbz1995

I'm 14, so I can't vote, yet I know my dad isn't planning to vote, because he believes the Tories are bullshit, Labour has now gone to bullshit in the LibDems are laughable. Jeez, what a fanboy. (He believes that he is part of the 10% that are ACTUALLY paying tax because of Labour frolicking.)

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Devil240Z

Woah... UK Elections sound cool. In america you gotta choose between douchbags and retards. Wheres the sanity party?

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mrcraggle
@dbz1995 said:
" I'm 14, so I can't vote, yet I know my dad isn't planning to vote, because he believes the Tories are bullshit, Labour has now gone to bullshit in the LibDems are laughable. Jeez, what a fanboy. (He believes that he is part of the 10% that are ACTUALLY paying tax because of Labour frolicking.) "
Then why doesn't your dad vote for someone else? Brits have got it in their head that if you don't vote for Labour, Lib Dems or Conservative, then it's a wasted vote which is so not true. Just vote for who you want to vote for. I bet most people who vote probably haven't even read the manifesto of each party.
Random88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Random88

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cap123

I'm going to go lib dem

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By MysteriousBob

Anyone who isn't the tories. 
Labour. Well, I would if I could be bothered.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hitchenson
@dbz1995 said:
" I'm 14, so I can't vote, yet I know my dad isn't planning to vote, because he believes the Tories are bullshit, Labour has now gone to bullshit in the LibDems are laughable. Jeez, what a fanboy. (He believes that he is part of the 10% that are ACTUALLY paying tax because of Labour frolicking.) "
People that don't vote have absolutely no right to complain about politics in the long run. Just my two cents. (Or pennies in this case I guess...)
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Scooper

I'm voting Lib Dems. It's about time they had a go and they can't fuck it up any more then the other jokers so yeah. Voting Liberals. Definantly not Labour. I can't stand the thought of having to see Brown's constantly miserable ballbag of a face all the time for the next few years. It makes everyone depressed when he talks. He's also a terrible face for our country. I wouldn't be that annoyed if Conservatives got in either really. At least if Cameron went to the US or where ever and you saw him on TV you wouldn't be embarrassed as he can talk the talk pretty well at least.

CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93

I would vote for the lib dems... 

But my consistency (city of chester) is a big Tory target since my MP only has a majority of 900 or something. And I definitely dont want them to win it, so Im probably voting Labour. 

Digbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Digbert

I am voting UKIP

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HandsomeDead

Lib-Dem or no vote. Seriously, if you have the option to vote and don't support anyone, go and vote for nobody instead of just not voting at all.

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By diz
@HandsomeDead said:
"Lib-Dem or no vote. Seriously, if you have the option to vote and don't support anyone, go and vote for nobody instead of just not voting at all. "

Yes - a spoilt ballot paper is better than a no show. 

But I'm with the Lib-Dems this time.

JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By JonathanMoore
@Devil240Z said:
" Woah... UK Elections sound cool. In america you gotta choose between douchbags and retards. Wheres the sanity party? "
... Welcome to the UK. Were exactly the same as you.
CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93
@JonathanMoore:  At least we have a 3rd party. Sure they never form a government, but at least they are represented in Parliament and local councils. 

I lived in America for a couple of years, and just having Democrats (a party that argues with its self and dosent get anything done)  or Republicans (Who dont give a crap about you unless you're incredibly wealthy, or are a corporation) is terrible.  

At least we have 3 main parties, and then multiple smaller ones
voodooterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By voodooterror

as if people will actually vote for labour after slowly ruining this country

Horace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Horace
@mrcraggle said:
Then why doesn't your dad vote for someone else? Brits have got it in their head that if you don't vote for Labour, Lib Dems or Conservative, then it's a wasted vote which is so not true. Just vote for who you want to vote for. I bet most people who vote probably haven't even read the manifesto of each party. "

Actually, due to the current electoral system (first past the post) the majority of votes are "wasted".
Avatar image for sir_hugo_sherwodywody
Sir_Hugo_Sherwodywody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If im honest if i was old enough i would vote for labour. Now before you start throwing rotten tomatoes at me listen to my reasons.
Firstly i would NEVER vote conservatives, too many people forget what previous conservative  governments have done, such as privatising our industries. The current leader, David Cameron claims to be the man of the people however when you look at his past in private education and being employed by family friends it debunks such things.   The cuts the Conservatives ae proposing could send us back into recession. Loking at recent party donations the Cnserves receaved 1.5 million is the first week of the campaign, most of that off big businesses, Labour 750k off unions and  Lib Dems 20k off 2 donations.

I live in a Lib Dem constituency and frankly my MP has done literally nothing, even when Lib Dems have a majority council. On previous occasions he has claimed to support things such as keeping my local park or school and then has completely changed his mind and voted the opposite way. You need to remember that as the Lib Dems are a marginalised party they will do literally anything, any shady  deals to get into power. The recent popularity of Nick Clegg is only in these polls of around a thousand people, no indication of how the rest of the voters will vote. The electoral reforms are much needed however. I dont see why they dont get rid of the whole house of lords. Nuclear disarmament is good, maybe we could fake having nukes as we are probably not going to use them.

That only really leaves Labour to vote for and i agree wuth them that we should pospone cuts till the economy is secure. People saying that labour has done nothing in the last 13 years are wrong, they have done things such as incresed NHS spending and public secotor pay but all of this is marred by the massive fuck up that is the Iraq war.
Although none of the main parties are truly good I believe Labour is the only one who has the force to stop the conservatives getting in.

A hung parliament would be the worst result however as you could bet the stock market would tank faster than you could blink and then we'd be back in recession. Parties like the SNP or the Welsh would use the deadlock to force through laws that helped them, such as scotish free University and Healhcare. The BNP are frankly racist and although i agree with the greens i dont believe they have a hope in hell of wi 

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By OmegaPirate

I've only really been politically aware whilst labours been in power - Gordon Brown is an idiot who has no idea what he is doing and is piledriving this country into the ground (strange how scotland is getting an easier ride nowadays tho eh?!)  
Personally i dont trust any of the 'powers' i don't think anybody is going to do this country any favours, and it's unrealistic to expect any one of them to do a decent job - so where am i putting my vote?!  
I don't know - anywhere except labour, they've had their chance in my eyes, theyve blown it. In 5/6 years time im gonna be sat complaining about how badly the next lot that get in have fucked it up - just vote them out too, and let the cycle continue, forcing yourself to believe you are making a difference - because that's the cycle, there's no one perfect party to run the country - else they would already been in power.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a06726367912
deactivated-5a06726367912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking of voting Lib Dem, not entirely sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-594edfbbc45ca
deactivated-594edfbbc45ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sir_Hugo_Sherwodywody said:
"  If im honest if i was old enough i would vote for labour. Now before you start throwing rotten tomatoes at me listen to my reasons. Firstly i would NEVER vote conservatives, too many people forget what previous conservative  governments have done, such as privatising our industries. The current leader, David Cameron claims to be the man of the people however when you look at his past in private education and being employed by family friends it debunks such things.   The cuts the Conservatives ae proposing could send us back into recession. Loking at recent party donations the Cnserves receaved 1.5 million is the first week of the campaign, most of that off big businesses, Labour 750k off unions and  Lib Dems 20k off 2 donations. I live in a Lib Dem constituency and frankly my MP has done literally nothing, even when Lib Dems have a majority council. On previous occasions he has claimed to support things such as keeping my local park or school and then has completely changed his mind and voted the opposite way. You need to remember that as the Lib Dems are a marginalised party they will do literally anything, any shady  deals to get into power. The recent popularity of Nick Clegg is only in these polls of around a thousand people, no indication of how the rest of the voters will vote. The electoral reforms are much needed however. I dont see why they dont get rid of the whole house of lords. Nuclear disarmament is good, maybe we could fake having nukes as we are probably not going to use them. That only really leaves Labour to vote for and i agree wuth them that we should pospone cuts till the economy is secure. People saying that labour has done nothing in the last 13 years are wrong, they have done things such as incresed NHS spending and public secotor pay but all of this is marred by the massive fuck up that is the Iraq war. Although none of the main parties are truly good I believe Labour is the only one who has the force to stop the conservatives getting in.  A hung parliament would be the worst result however as you could bet the stock market would tank faster than you could blink and then we'd be back in recession. Parties like the SNP or the Welsh would use the deadlock to force through laws that helped them, such as scotish free University and Healhcare. The BNP are frankly racist and although i agree with the greens i dont believe they have a hope in hell of wi  "
Did you just copy and paste this from that other election thread that got locked?
vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vivek

Wow a lot of Labour voters on here. I personally am not going to Vote. I feel that what ever we vote the people actually never get a say, just look at the DE Bill. Watching the Live debates which are outstanding to see, I feel that Nick Clegg (Lib Dem) is just saying what he thinks people want to here, David Cameron (Conservative) is extremely argumentative and cannot stick to anything he says, and last but not least Gordon Brown (Labour) though coming across as a prick, has the best manner and knowledge of how to run this country (UK). I think we are looking at a Home Parliament (Mix of all three parties). 

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hamz

Below are just a handful of policies proposed by the Liberal Democrats which is why they'll be getting my vote....

• They support a reform of the Digital Economy Bill that was rushed through parliament without a second glance.
  • They support political reform in the UK. Specifically proportional representation which is something we should have had decades ago.
  • They support giving communities more say and power in how their specific area is managed on both a political and police authority level.
  • They support the widely held feeling that the current criminal justice system is not working and needs vast change and reform in many areas.

My biggest worry though is having the SNP back in power within the Scottish Government. If that happens I foresee problematic times ahead for sure!
Clembo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Clembo

I won't, but if I did I would not be for the conservatives.

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By yani
@Sir_Hugo_Sherwodywody said:
"  The cuts the Conservatives ae proposing could send us back into recession. 
 There are two ways of getting out of recessions, cuts and spending.  While I'd normally go with spending, the interest on our current national debt is greater than our military budget so we should probably try and avoid increasing it.
Avatar image for sir_hugo_sherwodywody
Sir_Hugo_Sherwodywody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Agent47CSim2: Yeah, no point in wasting the 10 mins id just spent thinking it up
arca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By arca
@Devil240Z said:
" Woah... UK Elections sound cool. In america you gotta choose between douchbags and retards. Wheres the sanity party? "
They are pretty cool but instead of douchebags and retards with have a 'poor' guy, posh twat and the guy who never gets voted in.
Avatar image for goldenexplosion
GoldenExplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GoldenExplosion

Harry Potter. 

But even being a kid in America I'm sick of Gordon Brown. Only because he's ruining Top Gear and motoring there in general.

SaintMits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By SaintMits

This has nothing to with the Conservatives or their policies but I would never, ever vote for that smug twat Cameron.

Avatar image for passivekaerenai
PassiveKaerenai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PassiveKaerenai

Gah, still 6 months too young...infuriating.

As for the result, my money's on Lib-Lab coalition or Conservative minority at the end of it all. Fascinating either way.
And oh god oh god oh god PLEASE can we have Proportional Representation after all this bullshit! PLEASE!! The whole system is getting ridiculous and not in a funny way!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'll be voting labour. I absolutely hate the Tory's. I think they haven't got a clue what they're doing and if they get elected we'll end up right back in the middle of the recession. Cameron would be a strong leader, but the rest of his cabinet (e.g. George Osborne, the shadow chancellor) seem utterly useless. When it comes to the Lib Dems I think Vince Cable is fantastic, he's got great knowledge of the economy and would be a great Chancellor. But Nick Clegg would be an extremely weak Prime Minister. I'm really not a fan of Clegg. And the rest of his cabinet seem non existent, I haven't heard a single thing from them. Plus if they pick up votes, it will increase the likelihood of it being Hung Parliament, which would be a disaster.

So that leaves us with labour. I'm not the biggest fan of Gordon Brown, but he's done fine so far (nothing spectacular, but OK). And he has the strongest group of people backing him up. The key thing to remember is that this isn't Brown vs. Cameron vs. Clegg as these leaders debates would lead us to believe. The cabinets of the party are just as important as the leader's themselves (if not more important). And Labour have the strongest overall group of people by far.

Blueman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Blueman

I'm not 18 until October, so i can't vote this time around. If i could though i'd vote Conservative. Labour have done enough damage and the Lib Dems have no experience as a party, and their cabinet is weak. I don't mind Cameron either, the only argument people seem to have against him is that he's posh, and he can't do anything about that.
MoggyGetro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MoggyGetro

I would *like* to vote for the Lib Dems, but it appears that for this election all of the parties are attempting to make themselves appear either disingenuous (more so than usual), apathetic or thoroughly incompetent.