Why all the hate?

Ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 7

Edited By Ishoturface

have a question for everyone.. why did MW2 break almost all the pre-order records for video games.. yet.. people are hating it??? they keep complaining that its just the same thing..

Isn't that the same for every game franchise? sure they may change a few things but the core game-play stays the same.. for instance.. God of war series.. same game-play same story same ol same ol... But why do the keep flocking back to the games then? One reason.. if it ain't broke.. don't fix it... Game series that have good gameplay in the first game and then there is a sequel people buy it, play it as if it is innovative game-play and then rave about it.. But then there is a small section of the game community.. that complains about it it being the same ol thing... Another thing.. people complain the hell about halo repeating itself over and over again.. Same game-play mostly the same weapons..

AndI must say.I am seriously pissed off about people saying MW2 is just the same old thing.. its not.. it took me a few hours in the multiplayer to get used to after played so much cod4.... So much has been added to the multiplayer.. and then the co-op! seriously the co-op is better than the campaign IMO.. trying to complete certain challenges with a Friend.. never gets old..

Another example of recycling game-play.. FF series.. yes the Final fantasy series.. same thing over and over and over and over again.. over 20 games has the same basic game-play.. and still they sell millions of copies each time... So stop hassling FPS for being the same thing over and over again.. Yet another franchise that is so repetitive yet it has sold over a 100 million copies.. the Mario franchise.. that's right.. super Mario Bros super Mario series (super Mario 64, sunshine, galaxy) and the RPG series... The same thing over and over again. for 20 years.. yet we keep buying them. why? because the are FUN.. Gaming is FUN.. So let this be a message to you meaning.. even if it is the same thing.. Most of us find the same thing over and over again.. very FUN.. Gaming was based on one thing.. Not money Not fame.. but FUN.

so this is ishoturface saying.. if it ain't broke.. don't fix it :)
Ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Ishoturface

have a question for everyone.. why did MW2 break almost all the pre-order records for video games.. yet.. people are hating it??? they keep complaining that its just the same thing..

Isn't that the same for every game franchise? sure they may change a few things but the core game-play stays the same.. for instance.. God of war series.. same game-play same story same ol same ol... But why do the keep flocking back to the games then? One reason.. if it ain't broke.. don't fix it... Game series that have good gameplay in the first game and then there is a sequel people buy it, play it as if it is innovative game-play and then rave about it.. But then there is a small section of the game community.. that complains about it it being the same ol thing... Another thing.. people complain the hell about halo repeating itself over and over again.. Same game-play mostly the same weapons..

AndI must say.I am seriously pissed off about people saying MW2 is just the same old thing.. its not.. it took me a few hours in the multiplayer to get used to after played so much cod4.... So much has been added to the multiplayer.. and then the co-op! seriously the co-op is better than the campaign IMO.. trying to complete certain challenges with a Friend.. never gets old..

Another example of recycling game-play.. FF series.. yes the Final fantasy series.. same thing over and over and over and over again.. over 20 games has the same basic game-play.. and still they sell millions of copies each time... So stop hassling FPS for being the same thing over and over again.. Yet another franchise that is so repetitive yet it has sold over a 100 million copies.. the Mario franchise.. that's right.. super Mario Bros super Mario series (super Mario 64, sunshine, galaxy) and the RPG series... The same thing over and over again. for 20 years.. yet we keep buying them. why? because the are FUN.. Gaming is FUN.. So let this be a message to you meaning.. even if it is the same thing.. Most of us find the same thing over and over again.. very FUN.. Gaming was based on one thing.. Not money Not fame.. but FUN.

so this is ishoturface saying.. if it ain't broke.. don't fix it :)
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

Maybe I am clueless, ok I really am.....but where is all this hate you are talking about? I'm not seeing it.

Ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ishoturface
@Stang said:
" Maybe I am clueless, ok I really am.....but where is all this hate you are talking about? I'm not seeing it. "
you seriously havent?
TheNamedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheNamedOne

I also haven't seen any hate on the game for being too similar to the first. I've seen hate on it for charging 60 on the pc and the nuke and other changes but not for its similarities

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

What hate?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Only hate i've seen being flung towards it is centred around the PC version.
Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stang

I see the typical fanboy's come out and bash it, but that is to be expected. Anybody that knows anything about current gen games knows that MW2 is a solid title. I know it is great, and I have not even played it. People complain about shit games all the time, MW2 on the other hand provides a solid yet short campaign (from what I hear) and improves upon the great multiplayer in MW (again, what I hear). You know what you are getting more or less, which a lot of us appreciate....unlike Brutal Legends (cough).

Let people hate, they are just looking for attention. They know people are sensitive and know that bitching will produce responses. Let them have their fun, but don't take it seriously. All that matters is that you like the game.

AzureSupernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By AzureSupernova

I think for me it's the frustration of it all. See, I'm really not into the multi-player to such an incredible extent as I've seen others. I think those subtle differences in the multi-player can only be seen by those who have spent enough time with CoD 4, I certainly know many of my friends are talking about how different it is. And yes, other games do recycle like crazy. But the reason we play other series like God of War, Metal Gear and Resident Evil, isn't really the gameplay, it's the story. Which CoD lacks in magnificent ammounts.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I'm sick of Modern Warfare 2 threads, especially ones about "How come everyone hates this?" "Is it cool to hate MW2" and my least favorite "NOOOOOOBS".
Stop stating the obvious that the game is "easier" It's for the casuals who made it popular in the first place. No one is hating it, they are just displeased with the action IW took with the 360 version.

If you don't like it don't buy it. 
 Also, don't make a bunch of repeating threads about it.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By C0V3RT

Aside from PC gamers, I haven't seen any over the age of 18 hate.
DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By DarkGamerOO7
@Stang said:
" Maybe I am clueless, ok I really am.....but where is all this hate you are talking about? I'm not seeing it. "
You probably haven't seen it on here because I've been doing my hating on GameSpot. :P Really I dislike Call of Duty, and I think the series is just bad with the exception of the first two games and the expansion for Call of Duty. I wouldn't shove my hate for Call of Duty down others people throats if people didn't shove their love of Call of Duty down my throat every ten minutes.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Because people place unrealistic expectations on games.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zeforgotten
@DarkGamerOO7 said:
" @Stang said:
You probably haven't seen it on here because I've been doing my hating on GameSpot. :P Really I dislike Call of Duty, and I think the series is just bad with the exception of the first two games and the expansion for Call of Duty. I wouldn't shove my hate for Call of Duty down others people throats if people didn't shove their love of Call of Duty down my throat every ten minutes. "
Hah, I like the way that makes you look. 
Keeping the hate threads and posts on Gamespot and all the good ones on here :P
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RetroIce4

What hate are you talking about? People at my school are dropping bricks over how "outrageous" this game is. How great and amazing it is. I wish I could play it but no online for me...

Avatar image for collegefootballguy
CollegeFootballGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

you get shot in the foot with a pistol and die........ but spec ops is fun
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ninjakiller

I'm not hating, just sick of any war based shooters.  How many time can you shoot soldiers already?

Ishoturface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ishoturface
@Stang: go to gamefaqs.. im not sure if the poll is still up.. but if it is you will see what im talking about..
deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deusdigit
@Ishoturface:
While i agree in some ways, Infinity Ward have been pumping out sequels every year. I just kind of wish that, if a sequel is going to come out, it needs to be a real sequel. MW2 is pretty much the same great gameplay as modern warfare. i own MW2 and i enjoy it, but it feels more like a DLC pack then a whole new game.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By turbomonkey138
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
"

Because people place unrealistic expectations on games.

"
It did make $ 310 million on its first couple of days .