Why don't you kids like the Fall Out Boy?

• 63 results
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

cause everyone has haters

FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By FCKSNAP

I just don't like them. But then again this is the kind of music I listen to (and I don't do drugs!)

Actually a lot of the music I tend to listen to comes from Austin. And I've never stepped a foot in Texas.

-edit- I see other people like post-rock
BiG_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By BiG_Weasel
Bellum said:
"
Besides that, all their fucking songs sound the same to me.

That's true for just about everything, really.
"
The world's worst for that is Coldplay. For the love of God, listen to all their songs and you'll hear the drummer use the same beat on all of them- that stuttering rhythmn.  

As a general rule, I try to listen to new music, but a lot of it just isn't, well...musical. People used to talk about guitarists and singers as frontmen, now it's all about image.  We haven't had a great inventive guitarist on the scene since Tom Morello, because all these new bands wanna do is just play power chords and thrash on their instruments.  As far as lead singers go, the vast majority are just cookie cutter emo whiners, with zero personality and nothing to cause them to stand out. You go back a few years and look at all the gerat frontmen- David Lee Roth, Axel Rose, Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, Ozzy, etc...those guys had something. Today...nothing.
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By get2sammyb

Because New Found Glory are/and always will be the kings of the pop-punk genre. Why? Because they didn't "pretend" to be emo when they realised they could make $$$ off the trend. Something which Tom Delongue and even Green Day gave into.

Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Rain_Dog

Young people have to make sure other people know when they think they're being awesome. In this case, being awesome is hating on Fall Out Boy and listening to "better" music. Kids could just not listen to them if they didn't care for their music, but then no one else would know that they don't like the band. We can't have that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Bellum said:
"
Besides that, all their fucking songs sound the same to me.

That's true for just about everything, really.
"
Not really, everyone one of Buckethead's albums have a completely different sound and style, besides his last album.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By zityz

I think Fall out boy cares more about the image than the band, also Buckethead= one of the best musicians ever to pick up a guitar. This is fact.

I think one of the best bands to come out in the past few years has been The Mars Volta. The difference between his high pitched voice is that it works.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#58  Edited By oldschool

I think people care to much about what they don't care about.

Whilst they are a long way short of being a favourite of mine, they are a long way from the least favourite.  Their pop/rock stuff is catchy and like most music, throwaway.  I think their problem is likely that they got too successful and suffered the usual backlash that follows many bands.

Did someone say Hinder?  Oh dear lord.  
Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#59  Edited By Cirdain

Fall out boy is shit compared to  The Nightwatchman because Tom Morello can sing!
Just say they're shit.

iAchilles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By iAchilles
Bucketdeth said:
Its Winey Bull. I listen to music that people fought hard to make. Listen to this,

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By William

I came into this thread hoping for something about fallout 3.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By Megalon
Sir_Ragnarok said:
"Megalon said:
"I've got nothing against their music, and some of their tunes are a tad catchy, so I guess they're alright. I don't really listen to that type of music much personally, I'm more of a classic rock guy myself.

I have noticed people are quite intense about defending the type of music they listen to (and well, also about cutting down other people's music taste). Seems a little silly to me, like of all the things to get bent out of shape about, why give a crap what someone else decides to put into their ears.
"
Megalon, I love you.

But, yeah, I agree.  I don't have much of a connection to that movement of music.  Most radio rock is just not up my alley.  I'm much more of a Post-Rock, Avant-Garde music kind of guy. 
"
Right back at you, Sir_RagnaSugarnips. A friend of mine actually just lent me that Godspeed You! album from your icon...weird, I didn't realize that was what it was from. I dig it so far, it's pretty unique.
Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I'm not feeling the bands direction, but I remember when they first came out and were new, I enjoyed some of their music. I don't have just one genre of music that I stick to though, I will go from Apocalyptica, to Dethklok, to Dashboard Confessional, to Staind, to Beethoven. :D