and thats cool

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By SSully

It has a stable OS, it has a well supported app store, and it just works well. Most tablets these days have some kind of catch. It might not be a huge deal, but it doesn't make sense to get a worse tablet when you can just save up at get an ipad.

I am hoping this ends with the Kindle Fire though. Amazon has a good track record with Kindle on making a good product that does what it is advertised to do. If it works exactly how Amazon is saying it will and does it well, then I think Apple finally has a serious threat in the tablet market.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By ExplodeMode

Because Apple are better salesmen than everyone else.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because hipsters

recharge330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By recharge330

Why are there so many people who have never heard of Windows Phone 7 or Linux. A lot of people are too lazy to do any research on what options they have and throw their money at whatever names they recognize. The days after they announced the iPad, multiple people asked me if my Sony eReader was an iPad. There are a lot of stupid people in the world and a lot of them have money.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

Why are there so many people that hate apple to the degree that they hate the consumers and seem like assholes?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RE_Player1

@SethPhotopoulos said:

Why are there so many people that hate apple to the degree that they hate the consumers and seem like assholes?

Because owning something put out by the the behemoth company Apple is uncool while owning a product from the tiny Mom and Pop companies like Google and Microsoft is cool... Seriously people need to take the stick out of their ass about Apple products. They make good products, like the iPad, and they make bad products, like the Apple TV and current iPod Nano, just like every other company. If you think the majority of people that buy Apple products just do it to be cool you are an idiot.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By mikemcn

@TEHMAXXORZ said:

@Hitchenson said:

Because it turns out a lot people are stupid enough to pay a shit-load more money, just for this logo! How cool is that.
Because it turns out a lot people are stupid enough to pay a shit-load more money, just for this logo! How cool is that.

Indeed, people pay ridiculous amounts for a symbol (e.g. clothes, phones, TVs etc.).

Wrong, maybe you perceive it as a status symbol, but to me, I like Apple products because they're simple and do everything I need to do better than competing products.

shermanatorek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By shermanatorek

Ask Tested

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So people like it because its easy to use? Do people really think android tablets are complicated?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sooty

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Sooty

You people saying it's because it has an Apple logo on it are fucking dumb.

I've owned the Eee Pad Transformer, the leading Android tablet for some time, the selection of apps on Android (tablet) is awful compared to iPad. There's barely any tablet apps; I'm glad I got rid of it, plus Honeycomb just feels kinda rough.

Android is much better than the phone version of iOS however.

Dont tablets play alot of the Android apps? I don't see what is wrong with the selection of apps.

Yeah but they aren't optimised for the screen, leading to all sorts of problems, and in some cases they just don't work at all.

I decided a tablet wasn't for me and will be sticking with laptops, I'll be buying a MacBook Air next week. If I was going to get a tablet, it would be the iPad for sure. I'm hoping that next year Android will be better on tablets, I'm interested to see how Amazon's version of Android will perform.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NekuSakuraba
@Sooty

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Sooty

I've owned the Eee Pad Transformer, the leading Android tablet for some time, the selection of apps on Android (tablet) is awful compared to iPad. There's barely any tablet apps; I'm glad I got rid of it, plus Honeycomb just feels kinda rough.

Dont tablets play alot of the Android apps? I don't see what is wrong with the selection of apps.

Yeah but they aren't optimised for the screen, leading to all sorts of problems, and in some cases they just don't work at all.

I decided a tablet wasn't for me and will be sticking with laptops, I'll be buying a MacBook Air next week. If I was going to get a tablet, it would be the iPad for sure. I'm hoping that next year Android will be better on tablets, I'm interested to see how Amazon's version of Android will perform.

I'd advise you to not buy a macbook, but you probably wont listen.
amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By amomjc

Because it is standardized and has the most people backing it. Why would a person who is trying to put himself in the industry take the risk of another platform? When you ask someone with an Android product, most of them barely even look at paid apps. When you ask someone who owns an Apple product such as the iPad, they have spent $100+ on the marketplace.

So, to answer your question, backing from companies means more customers.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By the8bitNacho

The iPad is extremely easy to use and has a wide variety of apps available to purchase and download. Not to mention that if you are already immersed in the Apple eco-system then really there isn't a point in owning any other tablet. So long as the iPad is going to get every app you could want either first or exclusively, why would you want to own any other brand device?

@NekuSakuraba said:

So people like it because its easy to use? Do people really think android tablets are complicated?

Android is far from complicated, but it is a bad tablet OS. It has found a lot of success on phones, but the Android tablet landscape is looking dire as all hell.

@NekuSakuraba said:

Why, other than bias against the platform?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DystopiaX

Cause people jump on the apple hype train and don't switch regardless of if there are superior products or not.

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Gerhabio

I think mostly because of trendiness and partly because of app availability.

hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#68  Edited By hostile

App Store/iTunes. It's like Steam on PC to me. I don't have an iPad yet but I want one.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#69  Edited By MightyDuck

I've been wanting an iPad for a long time. However, I just can't justify spending $500 when I still have a fairly serviceable MacBook. Although, after seeing some of the Kindle Fire for $200...I may just bite on that.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#70  Edited By donutfever

Because Apple.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Example1013

Apple haters are my favorite kind of mindless internet drone.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Sooty

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Sooty

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Sooty

- Superb multitasking due to great multi-touch gestures

- Incredible window management with great virtual desktop support

- The trackpads on MacBooks are actually good, not passable or garbage like most Windows laptops I've owned

- 6-7 hours of battery (13" Air)

I know the first two are more software than anything, but Windows simply doesn't have good multi-touch gesture support nor does its virtual desktop stuff come anywhere close to OS X Lion's. Even third party tools to do this stuff aren't that great on Windows.

I love Windows 7 and wouldn't want OS X full time (I have a gaming PC), but for a laptop with a trackpad as good as Apple make them it's unbeatable right now. (again as a laptop OS, I prefer Windows on desktop)

Also, the Windows slim & light ultrabooks aren't even that much cheaper than a MacBook Air, I'm aware you can get cheaper Windows laptops with better specs than the Air but as I've said, I want the above advantages and I don't need some bulky thing with a poor trackpad that only has 3 hours of battery life. I really don't need a quad core on a laptop, heck I only need a quad on my PC because I use it for gaming.

MacBooks are the only laptops where I don't feel gimped without a mouse, them trackpads, Alfred and all the gestures are really that good.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#73  Edited By Zippedbinders

@Kombat said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Because for what they offer, Macbooks and Macbook Pros are hilariously overpriced for shit that doesn't work half as well as a variety of other laptops. I've dealt with defective video cards, busted screen connections, faulty hard drives, piss poor battery charge, and terrible support from both Apple proper and the Apple Stores in malls. I went to an art school where Mac laptops were required for all majors, its an endless story of rage.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Sooty

@Zippedbinders said:

@Kombat said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

Because for what they offer, Macbooks and Macbook Pros are hilariously overpriced for shit that doesn't work half as well as a variety of other laptops. I've dealt with defective video cards, busted screen connections, faulty hard drives, piss poor battery charge, and terrible support from both Apple proper and the Apple Stores in malls. I went to an art school where Mac laptops were required for all majors, its an endless story of rage.

and for everybody that has had problems with MacBooks / Apple support, many more exist that have had no problems.

The same with pretty much any laptop out there in fact, except ones with catastrophic design flaws.

I actually think the laptops aren't that badly priced. They're better bang for buck than Mac desktops are.

It comes down to what you value, do you want the best specs for your money but a poor battery life and a mediocre trackpad? Go for a Windows laptop instead then.

I'm quite happy paying extra for an inferior specced MacBook so long as it has the excellent trackpad and multi-touch gesture support. 6+ hours of battery life helps.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#75  Edited By Zippedbinders

@Sooty said:

@Zippedbinders said:

@Kombat said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

and for everybody that has had problems with MacBooks / Apple support, many more exist that have had no problems.

The same with pretty much any laptop out there in fact, except ones with catastrophic design flaws.

I actually think the laptops aren't that badly priced. They're better bang for buck than Mac desktops are.

It comes down to what you value, do you want the best specs for your money but a poor battery life and a mediocre trackpad? Go for a Windows laptop instead then.

I'm quite happy paying extra for an inferior specced MacBook so long as it has the excellent trackpad and multi-touch gesture support. 6+ hours of battery life helps.

Its not even about inferior specs, its about shit not working. I've had 3 different friends lose their MacBook Pros because of severe hard drive failure (imploding came up a lot). My own Pro suffered from a shit video card and faulty wiring to the screen, which according to receipts from the geniuses (using the term as loosely as possible) at the Apple Store would have cost me around $1500 in repairs had I not been covered under the protection plan.

Yes, horror stories don't happen to everyone. But thats not to say it can't happen to you. I've dealt with enough of Apple's shit to be wary of every product they sell.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#76  Edited By Afroman269

Because

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Brunchies

I dont get why this site has so much hate for apple and why its the opposite for some apple sites, does it really matter which laptop or tablet you get. As long as it makes you happy and you feel like it was worth your money, its fine.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By mazik765

@Axxol said:

I don't know.

I have another question: why do some people call every tablet an iPad? That shit is annoying.

Ask the people who call every MP3 player an iPod.

Puzzler20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Puzzler20

Because people are dumb that's why. I Rather use a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ38F9GnDQM over iAnything

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@Zippedbinders said:

@Kombat said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

This is what i was going to say, i just dont agree with the pricing.

And to make it clear i dont hate Apple and i use my ipod and itunes a lot but i just dont see the benfits of having a mac. The ipad is pretty great but i just like all the extra functions of the android tablet.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#81  Edited By Slaker117

Good marketing.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Pinworm45

Because the people protesting in Wallstreet need something to tweet on about their anger at Corporations.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Sooty

@NekuSakuraba said:

@Zippedbinders said:

@Kombat said:

@NekuSakuraba said:

This is what i was going to say, i just dont agree with the pricing.

And to make it clear i dont hate Apple and i use my ipod and itunes a lot but i just dont see the benfits of having a mac. The ipad is pretty great but i just like all the extra functions of the android tablet.

You can get MacBooks much cheaper on eBay brand new and legitimate. If you shop around you can get some big discounts.

I told you some benefits, you can actually get stuff done on a Mac laptop without feeling like you're wrestling with the trackpad. Mission Control is an amazing productivity tool, it's even more helpful on a laptop with limited screen estate and integrates superbly with the gestures.

I used to think they were horrendously overpriced too, sure they could come down a little bit, but whatever, they're excellent machines and I will never go back to a Windows laptop until they start putting glass trackpads in them at affordable prices.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#84  Edited By MachoFantastico

Apple could release a urine stained toilet and a million people will buy it.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Sooty

People like this are fucking idiots I have to admit:

No Caption Provided