Avatar image for xxxthejuggernautxxx
XXXTheJuggernautXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

first:

Minecraft is a game about being able to do and make whatever you want!........out of pixilated blocks

minecraft needs to make up its mind is it about art and creativity? or is it about the pixilated style?

personally when i imagine something i want to to make or see in terms of art it usually is not made out of purposely pixilated blocks.

sure you can say its the games style but i could throw up on a sheet of paper and say its my style of painting but that would never make it good.

second:

the enemy's

the monsters in this game are useless and utterly pointless.

No attack animations from enemies and ohhhhhhh the path-finding

they are wayyyyy wayyyyyyyy to easy to beat all you do is look and click there is no rhyme or rhythm to it at all its boring.

people will say the game is supposed to be simple right after they say the game is fun because you can do anything you want......well? which is it!?

all i am saying is i think some in depth combat would make the game more fun

you say the game is not about in depth combat? then why have monsters in the first place?

third:

multiplayer-players=single player

the single player is nothing more than a hollow shell of the multiplayer

if you are going to make it pointless why even bother

i have to say i am glad they at least gave single player a shot but their is little to do and it gets boring

what if somebody's internet is down? are they just screwed?

add an adventure mode or something moving blocks from one place to another gets old.....fast.

fourth:

the glitches ALL of them

there is no reason to log hours into this game because just about everything can be done by glitches

that kind of defeats the point of working hard when you could just glitch and do it in 10 minutes

overall:

frankly there is NO reason to choose minecraft a game like fallout 3,metal gear solid 3,skyrim,farcry 3, final fantasy X, final fantasy 7, super mario 64 or just about any half decent game

i would not pay 30$ for this hell i would not take it for free

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OfficeGamer

None of this criticism matters when the game is actively played and enjoyed by millions.

That's all that matters. No one is putting a gun to their heads, and they're playing and enjoying it. That's the purpose of games.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You made an account, to fail at criticizing a game, which is adored by millions? Why, exactly?

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I enjoyed Minecraft but a lot of people (myself included) are really disappointed with how Mojang have this game with so much fucking potential and LITERALLY, LITERALLY taken it nowhere at all. We have to wait months for the next "major" update, and these updates almost never add anything to the game experience. So I think the frustration isn't necessarily with the game itself, but with the developers.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dont play it

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

You could just as easily make good arguments for why any of those "half decent" games you listed are also overrated.
But whatever you say I guess! I find Minecraft pretty fun. Opinions and all that.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By FlipperDesert

pixelated blocks

FTFY

If there wasn't an appeal to the game it wouldn't have sold as well as it did. Also, being reductive about a game because it purposely chooses a visual style reminiscent of older games makes you sound like a 12-year-old that dismisses anything that isn't a contemporary FPS because it's not 'cool'.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a game I don't enjoy? It must be overrated! Obviously it can't just be a matter of opinion!

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to point this out but pointing out something is overrated is, well...overrated.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

This is why [Insert popular game title] is overrated.

*Fart noises*

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Well he's right about the monsters at least. The AI is BAD and so is the path finding. Like worst-in-class level of bad. I can't think of any modern game with worse AI or pathing. Animations would help, as would being smarter about knock-back on the attacks. Knock-back from arrows..yeeeeeah.

But with community mod packages like Tekkit Lite you can transform a multiplayer server into something VERY cool.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By envane

i enjoy making redstone circuits in minecraft and dont care about the graphics.

as for no point ... why is there any point to continue to play any game .. sure there are games with narrative experiences that compel you to "finish" them ... but we are talking about sanbox games here ..

come to think of it could you explain the "point" of a child playing in an actual sandbox ? probably not.

and to adress your points

1. there are hd texture packs and smooth vectory ones and all sorts of NON pixellated texture packs.

2. you can disable enemies if you dont like them , try fighting some wither skeletons , a room full of ghasts and blazes , or the ender dragon / wither boss before you complain about things being too easy. and yes , deeper combat would be more fun .. which is why alot of mods focus on combat , there is a mod called hunger games that is a mulitplayer minecraft version of league of legends , not that i personally like it or anything .. its just proof that there are people exploring deeper combat.

3. the single player is there for your own personal challenge , or to use creative mode , which is just free build with every block in the game at your disposal. there actually is a mode called Adventure mode , that disables you from breaking and placing blocks , but im sure youd find that waaay worse. thats why there are challenge maps such as the Super Hostile series by Vechs , they are HUGE , meticulously crafted maps with handbuilt dungeons and lots of traps hidden to give you a real challenge , try one of those if you are looking for a real challenge , exploration,combat,resourcefulness.

4. the glitches are what makes the game , half of them have been fixed into cool features that would otherwise never exist , such as alot of the redstone logic gates and various contraptions that rely / relied upon glitches .. and for me the best fun is to be had finding new ways to break the game , either to create an infinite obsidian farm using the wither and an end portal , or the infamous client crashing piston head glitch , where you could collide 2 sticky piston heads together at a specific time , letting you optionally , a. crash the server , b. crash an individual client in proximity of the device c. create a bugged invisible block that when interacted with , crashes your client.

im sure i put alot more thought into this than the op ever did , but i make up for lack of grammatic effort ..

Avatar image for deactivated-57d4cf64585b7
deactivated-57d4cf64585b7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obvious troll is obvious. If you do not want to play the game then simply don't. I am not overly fond of the game, but I can see what it is going for and that in and of itself is enough to see that it is (upon release) unique and worth experiencing. The game is entirely what you put into it, that is the beauty of it.

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Largest *facepalm* ever.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By envane

and yeah i am fully aware the op probabl-y will never read this post again .. since we didnt give a thouand @ replies , he probably forgot and is back playing minecraft and worked out how to make a crafting table finally

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a terribly dark secret that nobody knows but me...

I like Minecraft.

Avatar image for living4theday258
living4theday258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

why

do

you

have

to

press

enter

after

every

sentence

?

?

in all seriousness dont like it dont play it. nuff said.

XXXTheJuggernautXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@envane:

you are the only guy to really give a mature response so thanks

1. its not about the pixilation, its about creativity that is a big part of the game and if you are limited to squares it really kind of contradicts itself right? how many times when you are thinking about something cool is it made of blocks blocks and more blocks.

2. mods cannot make up what a game lacks any game could be fun if you mod enough.

you say people not developers,they are the ones that should be changing things not you and me.

3. actually i have tried that one of my friends showed me it was alright but still i found no reason to go back.

4. i hope you did not just say glitches make the game.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LikeaSsur

multiplayer-players=single player

Whoa, wait, what, really?! You just blew my mind.

But seriously:

1) Doing whatever you want and pixelated blocks can coexist. Clearly they can, because Minecraft does it. As for not seeing art in "purposely pixelated blocks," what exactly is digital art?

2) The enemies are there to add just enough of a challenge than just fall damage when you're exploring. You can get rid of them if you want. Also,

"people will say the game is supposed to be simple right after they say the game is fun because you can do anything you want......well? which is it!?"

Simple games can be fun. Journey? Any Mario game?

3) There is an Adventure Mode. Yes, Single and Multiplayer are the same game, but whether it's bad or not is a matter of opinion. Sometimes I just want to be left alone and explore a random world. Or see how long I can survive on my own.

4) Any game can be hacked or glitched for an easy win. Every game you listed has cheats and hacks for it. Every game ever. You're just grasping at straws now.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

That sounds like an unpopular opinion.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sanity

Its a game as deep as your own imagination which is about the best complement i can give any game. It dose a lot with very little and conveys scale and exploration like very few if any indie games have. I dont think its overrated, but it can get a bit boring over time, thats any game though.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

frankly there is NO reason to choose minecraft a game like fallout 3,metal gear solid 3,skyrim,farcry 3, final fantasy X, final fantasy 7, super mario 64 or just about any half decent game

Except for the part where none of those games scratch the itch a lotof people have to build things.

XXXTheJuggernautXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@likeassur:

you did not get what i said.

1. what if i want my art to not look like pixels so you can stop saying you can do whatever you want.

2. the problem is either way the game is not challenging and is not exciting at all.

3. fair enough

4. I never said hacks stop putting words in my mouth.

name one glitch in the game metal gear solid of the same caliber as diamond duping.

TheLighterDark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheLighterDark

Spoken just like someone who has never taken the time to play it.

Well done.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By Nictel
No Caption Provided

This.

LikeaSsur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxthejuggernautxxx: 1) Then you shouldn't be in digital art. Every picture on the internet is made up of billions of pixels. Look at the picture @Nictel posted. That's technically pixel art. And yes, you can do whatever you want. It is an open world game, after all.

2) Not challenging, sure, after a while. But just because it's not challenging doesn't automatically exclude it from being fun. Look at Journey, The Walking Dead, Fable, etc.

4) You're right, you didn't say hacks, but your main point was that there was no purpose to playing a game that you could EZ Mode your way through. But a Gameshark let you do just that in any game you have in your list, and for Skyrim or Far Cry, there are just as many duping/skill glitches that let you break the game.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Punctuation is a key skill. As is grammar in general. You write like a 10 year old.

You also do not understand the point of Minecraft. You create your own adventure and do what you want. You create your own goals rather than have them told to you. It is very simple. I also think you probably haven't even played it based on a lot of the stuff you say about the game. If you don't have internet there is an offline mode you can play. You can turn off enemies. Just because you can glitch/cheat your way through a game doesn't mean you have to.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h said:

Punctuation is a key skill. As is grammar in general. You write like a 10 year old.

You also do not understand the point of Minecraft. You create your own adventure and do what you want. You create your own goals rather than have them told to you. It is very simple. I also think you probably haven't even played it based on a lot of the stuff you say about the game. If you don't have internet there is an offline mode you can play. You can turn off enemies. Just because you can glitch/cheat your way through a game doesn't mean you have to.

I want to add that Minecraft is what more or less paved the way for indie games to become a big thing. It kinda showed that indie games can be amazing.

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minecraft is the greatest creation in gaming since The Sims.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ dude.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By ThePickle

Ryan alt account.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Back to the pits with ye, Troglodyte!

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you are going to make it pointless why even bother

But enough about this thread...

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TyCobb

What the fuck...

XXXTheJuggernautXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h:

so the developers can just make a horrible game but its ok because you can make it fun yourself.

if you do all the work why even play video games at all.

Aterons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I personally never liked it, i found out it's pretty easy not to play or run into it unless your purposely try to do so.

XXXTheJuggernautXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aterons:

agreed i just want to stop hearing about it.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By DarkShaper

If there is a way I can play it and have fun they made a good game that is just how it works. Don't like a game don't play it, just don't expect others to agree with you.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ben_h:

so the developers can just make a horrible game but its ok because you can make it fun yourself.

if you do all the work why even play video games at all.

Why don't Lego just sell all their bricks pre-built into structures?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You have never really stated reasons why the game is bad. You only gave opinions which 90% of people here seem to disagree with.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Minecraft appeals to the people who really, really like to play with Lego. That's all Minecraft is, anyhow. Digital Lego. That's not a bad thing and as others have said, tons of people enjoy it for just that.

But if you don't like Lego, then you're not going to like Minecraft.

mankvill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Minecraft is really relaxing to me. Even on Survival.

XXXTheJuggernautXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon: just because its a game for little kids does not make up for how awful it is.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Wacomole

@aterons:

agreed i just want to stop hearing about it.

Where are you hearing about it? This thread is just about the first I've noticed about the game in yonks save for the odd "This game is like a cross between X and Minecraft" reference here and there.

Surely if there is so much egregious coverage of the game wherever you are reading/watching that it is causing you undue grief, maybe don't read/watch that content?