Will you get on a music subscription service this year?

• 54 results
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Poll Will you get on a music subscription service this year? (152 votes)

Apple iRadio 0%
YouTube Music 0%
Xbox Music 3%
Spotify Premium 28%
Sony Music Unlimited 3%
[Other] 6%
[No] 59%

Well. I want to know, if you guys have come around to the subscription bandwagon by now. It seems that Spotify got popular all of a sudden. But, I don’t even think that matters really, unless people pay the ten bucks for it. Ten dollars seems to be the amount that people seem to be okay with, these days. I doubt Xbox Music is very popular, but that might change whenever the heck it comes out on iOS,Android, and browser. Apple is supposed to launch iRadio later this year. Apple might be wooing Trent Reznor from his Daisy service, backed by beats by Dre.Google is supposed to be launching their Google Music Subscription service, powered by YouTube.Amazon might be finally launching theirs this year. Then there’s still Rhapsody, who bought Napster.MOG, bought by Monster. And Rdio, backed by Will Smith.

Of course there’s still CD, and vinyl. CD is still around, and that’s sort of weird.. The last CD I bought was The Beatles' LOVE, and Placebo’s Meds. It’s the one album I know of, that you can’t buy digitally. Weird.

So yup! Do you think you’re gonna finally jump onto subscription music, later this year? iOS has plenty of options for you now. Although! I do wanna know:

1. How do you feel about YouTube powered music? I can’t stand YouTube for music, but I don’t really mind if I would pay for a subscription.. Would Google Music Subs have ads?. Hmm.
  2. Who of you actually do Sony Music Unlimited? I heard on CNN, PS4 might be a thing this year. Eh??! And I bet they’re gonna push Sony Music U at you, Day 1 you get it plugged in. What with Vita and PS4, maybe Sony Music U might be worth paying for. I just find it interesting..
 • 
Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By MachoFantastico

Have to say I love Spotify Premium on my iPhone, so useful. Sadly money worries stops me from being a constant subscriber but I use the heck out of it when I can afford it.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By AlexW00d

@kidman said:

I'm on WIMP which is the European service kinda like Spotify. I use it cause they have a contract with my cellphone carrier so my monthly bandwidth is not being used when I'm streaming music from that service. If not that I'd be using Spotify.

Spotify is the European service kinda like Spotify dude...

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By FunkasaurasRex

I'll continue listening to old funk records on vinyl and occasionally buy hip hop records on CD or digitally depending on which is cheaper or higher audio quality.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I use Sony Music Unlimited because back during last December it was $1 a month for a year.

The selection is totally fine, I guess; it has some obscure/less than mainstream bands that I listen to that I honestly didn't expect it would. I'm not really sure how to evaluate a music streaming service.