My opinion is that it sucks..
but i have a reason, They cant think of fucking original names :\
such as "iceman" ALREADY TAKEN.
Think Top Gun.
Still cant remember?

Iceman
Iceman

Now we have the issue of "hulk hogan"..
Last time i checked he wasnt big and green... and he certainly isnt super-human.
So... still cant think of who the hulk is?
Big green guy.
Big green guy.

Just my opinion. Post yours :P (you like it or not? post why you like it, post why you dont. Friendly discussion.)
Avatar image for thedarkguardian
TheDarkGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheDarkGuardian

are we talking real wrestling or RAW? or maybe even like UFC? because if its UFC then yea it rocks but if its that fake crap then thats what it is... crap

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DualReaver

I love watching big, muscly, sweaty, men, roll around in a ring with thousands of people watching!
:D

diaphragm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By diaphragm
TheDarkGuardian said:
"are we talking real wrestling or RAW?"
...err i didnt know there was more than 1 style of wrestling... just pick one! lol
Avatar image for thedarkguardian
TheDarkGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheDarkGuardian
diaphragm said:
"TheDarkGuardian said:
...err i didnt know there was more than 1 style of wrestling... just pick one! lol"
no i mean the real thing or the fake one on tv....
SamChamploo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SamChamploo
I heard the actor Freddie Prince jr is one of the story writers for the WWE.
diaphragm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By diaphragm
TheDarkGuardian said:
"diaphragm said:
"TheDarkGuardian said:
...err i didnt know there was more than 1 style of wrestling... just pick one! lol"
no i mean the real thing or the fake one on tv...."
Didnt know there was a "real thing" :\
FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By FengShuiGod

The more "traditional" wrestling like Greco-Roman and mixed martial arts is cool, but that fake crap is horrible.

diaphragm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By diaphragm
FengShuiGod said:
"The more "traditional" wrestling like Greco-Roman and mixed martial arts is cool, but that fake crap is horrible."
MMA isnt wrestling, thats fighting :P
turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By turboman

WWE - fun show, bad wrestling(except CM Punk)

TNA - good wrestlers, retarded show

ROH - Amazing

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Major

Wrestling (WWE, TNA etc) has been stale for a while.
Bit useless to complain about Hulks ring name since hes had it... for almost 30 years now (I think) and barely wrestles anymore, if at all.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blu_Magic

I used to love watching wrestling but I stopped a year ago. WWE just got way too crappy for me. Even TNA went down hill.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Clean

I never really got into wrestling at all

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By twenty0ne

I almost dislike it as much as I dislike anime.

diaphragm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By diaphragm
twenty0ne said:
"I almost dislike it as much as I dislike anime."
2nd that.
Met2609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By Met2609
diaphragm said:
"TheDarkGuardian said:

Do your homework dude. Your reference to "Iceman" is clearly a reference to UFC Fighter "The Iceman" Chuck Liddell. UFC is a legit competition and thus really has nothing to do with professional wrestling.

As for the question, I like both UFC and WWE. I have been a fan of both for some time. They both offer different types of entertainment to me and I'm glad to be a fan.
Jotun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jotun

I think it's pretty silly. It seems like it's a beefed-up soap opera for rednecks.

diaphragm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By diaphragm
Met2609 said:
Do your homework dude. Your reference to "Iceman" is clearly a reference to UFC Fighter "The Iceman" Chuck Liddell. UFC is a legit competition and thus really has nothing to do with professional wrestling.

As for the question, I like both UFC and WWE. I have been a fan of both for some time. They both offer different types of entertainment to me and I'm glad to be a fan."
I didn't say UFC isnt a legit competition, Its still wrestling. May not be the choreographed wrestling you see in WWE, but its still wrestling, and its still an un-original name.
Met2609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By Met2609
diaphragm said:
"Met2609 said:

As for the question, I like both UFC and WWE. I have been a fan of both for some time. They both offer different types of entertainment to me and I'm glad to be a fan."
I didn't say UFC isnt a legit competition, Its still wrestling. May not be the choreographed wrestling you see in WWE, but its still wrestling, and its still an un-original name."

I'm not gonna get too technical, but it's not wrestling, it's Mixed Martial Arts. And I don't see anyone outside of Val Kilmer using the name Iceman. In my opinion, Liddell is the true Iceman.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By brukaoru

Wrestling is not as good as it used to be. The best era, WWF Attitude and WCW Monday Nights... Those were great, but they're long gone. Nowadays, the best it can do is being "okay." Well, that's just my opinion.

Hexproof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hexproof

I used to watch it I 6 years ago, now I think it's pretty stupid and fake. imo...

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By xruntime

Professional wrestling rocks, that pseudo-sport called WWE does not.

DXSSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DXSSI

I watch wrestling all the time.  It's a huge part of my life.  Some people don't understand it and that's okay, but the stereotypes annoy me.

It's a soap opera for guys?  If by that you mean, "it's a conflict-resolution driven entertainment program", then sure, it's a "soap opera".  Most entertainment programs follow the exact same format.  If you've ever watched Lost, 24, Survivor, the X-Files, Xena: Warrior Princess, Heroes, Prison Break, Happy Days, House, The Office, Mad About You, Lizzie McGuire, The Smurfs, or basically any television show ever, they all have one single thing in common: every episode ends in some fashion that is designed to entice you into watching the next episode, and eventually the entire series, and then buy the season sets on DVD.  Of course WWE & TNA want you to watch their next show.  It's how they make money.

It's fake?  We know.  No one cares.  So is 99% of television, and 100% of movies.  Now, wrestling fans dislike the word "fake", because "fixed" is more appropriate.  The fights are fixed.  The storylines are scripted.  The action in the ring is performed carefully so as to pose as little risk to the combatants as possible.  But it's not "fake"—a lot of these moves are dangerous stunts, and every professional wrestler has suffered some type of injury (often broken bones) as a result of a "fake" move gone wrong.  There are even ones who've had their careers ended; their lives altered as a result of the risks they took in the wrestling ring. 

Now, some moves (especially punches) are thrown "action-style", stopping just short of the intended target, while the target recoils as if hit.  This is the same thing that action movie/TV show stars do.  This is as "fake" as wrestling gets.  The only difference is, wrestlers have to do it in front of a crowd, oftentimes on live TV, and occasionally a mistake is made causing it to look blatantly FAKE.  Oops.  But movie and TV stars get to do it on a closed set, and do retake after retake until they get it right.  Wrestlers get one attempt, and even on a taped show mistakes usually go to air, since "editing out" the mistake is impossible without cutting to commercial.  The typical TV viewer, upon seeing this, rolls his eyes and says "what a pathetic show, why does anybody watch it?"  The wrestling fan understands how incredibly difficult it is to do what professional wrestlers do, and appreciate it even when a mistake is made.  We appreciate it more when it's done right.  Sometimes, a really big mistake elicits a chant of "You Fucked Up" from the crowd, but that's more of a playful tease than an outright insult.  It's just part of the culture.  It's like if you have a friend and he does something really stupid, like stubs his toe against the wall... you might say jokingly, "Hey, moron, watch where you're going!"  Your friend knows you don't really think he's a moron, and you know he knows that, so you feel comfortable saying it, and he doesn't come beat the shit out of you for saying it.  In fact, he might even acknowledge it by saying "Yeah, damn it, I'm such an idiot."  And then you'll both laugh.

Point is, wrestling fans "get" all the things that non-wrestling fans constantly complain about.  But we understand that professional wrestling is simply meant to be entertainment, and the style in which it's performed makes certain flaws excusable.  It's more like going to see live theater than watching a scripted TV show.

Now that I've dealt with the primary criticisms, here are some of the reasons that we do watch, day after day, week after week:

• The story never ends.

Have you ever had a favorite show cancelled, or disappointed when it finally ended, not because the ending was bad, but because you wanted it to continue so badly?  Wrestling fans never need to deal with that.  The show goes on, as it has been since the mid-80s, with no end in sight.  "Characters" eventually leave, but new ones are always ready to take their place, and soon enough you have new favorite characters.  Sometimes a character who left for years re-appears suddenly.  Either way, the cast is constantly changing and there's always something new to watch.

• No reruns.

While some TV watchers are waiting for new shows to start in fall, or are watching repeats of repeats of shows, wrestling fans get to see new programming each and every time they tune in to the primary programming (Raw, Smackdown, ECW and iMPACT!)

• It's a variety show.

Sure, there's action, but there's also comedy.  And thrills.  And chills.  And drama.  And romance.  Twists and turns and swerves and screwjobs and surprises and cliffhangers and mysteries and... and... and... look, if there's any television or movie genre out there, professional wrestling has done its own version of that genre, sometimes seriously, sometimes as a parody.  You never really know what's going to happen next.

I don't really care who does and who doesn't watch it.  But it bugs me when people feel that it sucks, and wrestling fans are just too stupid to understand it.

diaphragm said:
"POST YOUR OPINION.

My opinion is that it sucks..
but i have a reason, They cant think of fucking original names :\

Now we have the issue of "hulk hogan"..
Last time i checked he wasnt big and green... and he certainly isnt super-human.
So... still cant think of who the hulk is?
Big green guy.
Big green guy.

I skipped over "Iceman" since Met2609 already pointed out the error there.

As for Hogan, early on in his career, he used the ring name  "The Incredible Hulk" Hogan.  The parallel to the Marvel Comics character was intentional, and I'm pretty sure there was an arrangement with Marvel Comics over the use of the name.  The idea was that viewers were more likely to buy into his character if he seemed like a superhero.  Well, turns out they were—and they did.  Hogan is still arguably the biggest name in the sport, even though he rarely competes in it anymore.

The majority of pro wrestlers, however, have their own unique ring names.  I could list dozens of examples if I had to.  Instead, I'll relate another story about another all-time great, Bret "Hitman" Hart.  Bret borrowed the Hitman nickname from Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns, and admits to having done so.  Bret went on record at one point stating that, after using it for a few years, he met Hearns, and Hearns gave him permission to keep using it.  To my knowledge Hearns has never spoken publicly about it, but one would assume that he must not really mind if he never said anything.  In both cases, the adopted names were more homage than rip-off, and I don't consider it fair to attack wrestling as a whole for it.

SamChamploo
said:
"I heard the actor Freddie Prince jr is one of the story writers for the WWE.
"
You heard right.  Freddie Prinze, Jr., is an avid WWE fan and was recently hired about a month ago.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Relys
Jotun said:
"I think it's pretty silly. It seems like it's a beefed-up soap opera for rednecks."
Yeah, I don't think I could agree anymore even if somebody forced me.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Black_Rose
Jotun said:
"I think it's pretty silly. It seems like it's a beefed-up soap opera for rednecks."
This man speaks the truth
Avatar image for green_incarnate
Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Sucks, big time. I'd rather watch a real fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sucks to the maximum.

unworthyBOZO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By unworthyBOZO

use to watch it when I was little

Canadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Canadian

UFC is win.

McDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By McDazzle

Did anyone see UFC 87?There was some sick fights.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Homer

Gay.

Lemegeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers