Your Opinion on Bodybuilders

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By RobbieMac

Curious to see what people think of bodybuilders.  I am not talking about your average joe who goes to the gym 3 times a week I am talking about guys/girls who dedicate their life to pumping iron.  People like: Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, Kai Greene and Warren Branch.

Personally despite the fact that they obviously use HGH and different types of steroids they have the type of work ethic I want to achieve.  No matter what these guys follow their strict routines and diets everyday.  Okay maybe some aren't as strict on their diet as their should be, but in order to reach the top in that profession you have to be extremely disciplined.  That means working out atleast 5 days a week and making sure your body is getting the caloric intake it requires to maintain and gain size.

Their bodies are proof of their hard work.  Some people might say, "Anyone can take steroids and get big".  Most definitely not the case.  Sure you can juice, but if you aren't pushing yourself everyday then you aren't going to go anywhere you are just going to become this fat blob that is probably going to have health issues down the road.

Also some might think they look like freaks and that a normal human being shouldn't have that much muscle.  Though I am not one of them I enjoy seeing how far you can push the human body.

Anyways I was just interested in what the giantbomb community thought of bodybuilders.  Also try not to start a flame war or anything since I know that is common in the off-topic section.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

They do what they like, so good on them for it.  I wouldn't want anyone judging me as video games are a big part of my life therefore I'm not going to judge people who have a similar type of passion. 

I do think that too much muscle can make one look like a freak and I'm pretty sure it can also be unhealthy to work out too much, so there's that,

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Adamsons

It obviously shows extreme discipline and dedication, i couldn't say i find it physically attractive though.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

I don't know. I mean sure, they're really strong, but there's really nothing you need that kind of strength for, and a little less muscle and a little more flexibility and technique (not saying bodybuilders don't have technique -- just that most of their technique isn't applicable to stuff other than bodybuilding) would be both more practical and more pleasing to the eye. But hey, if they enjoy it, it's really none of my business.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MrKlorox

Many are mega douches who think anybody can achieve their results, regardless of genetic makeup. But that's probably not all of them.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I don't think those muscles will help them for martial arts or sports directly, however it's suppose to make them look good appearance wise. An olympic athelete doesn't need those kinds of muscles, so it all depends on your goal and what your trying to build. Still they are dedicated ppl, it just doesn't look right to me. At least they are healthy, if they aren't taking steroids.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SteamPunkJin
@FluxWaveZ said:
" They do what they like, so good on them for it.  I wouldn't want anyone judging me as video games are a big part of my life therefore I'm not going to judge people who have a similar type of passion. 

You know, I was gonna come in here and shit-talk the body builders, but this man is 100% correct.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By EpicSteve

It's better than being fat. 

So long as it isn't extreme...

No Caption Provided
jackbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jackbag

It's interesting to see what the human body is capable of. 

It's also pretty fucking gross. 

So, kind of a tradeoff.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Djeffers03

I don't have anything against body building really other than the people who do it too much look fucking disgusting.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

They created a whole genre of jokes....Steroid Jokes. So Big Up to 'em!

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

I got nothing against them.  They work very hard.  However, body building today is just about pure girth and size.  Most everybody has roid bellies and gross proportions.  Every man would want to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger...I don't know many people who would want to look like Ronnie Coleman.  

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

You're talking about Duke, aren't you?

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By TheHBK

Yeah, most of these guys have to use HGH or steroids, but the fact of the matter is that they do have that passion you speak of.  A dedication to be better, and I have wanted that feeling for a long time. 
The greatest ever, 

I am pretty sure he was part machine.
I am pretty sure he was part machine.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Gabriel
Asberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Asberg

Cant blame them but i would rather go the other way. 

No Caption Provided
MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MarkWahlberg

I have a huge amount of respect for anyone who can dedicate themselves to grueling physical training, but bodybuilding in the sense of the pictures above, and the competitions and such, is something I can't condone. A good body is a healthy body, and that isn't healthy. Dedication to physical improvement should be just that; if you can't touch your face because of your biceps, you're not improving.  

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rockanomics

They are weird.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By jonnyboy

Nothin' to it.
 Nothin' to it.
71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 71Ranchero

Its fucking gross but whatever, more power to them. 

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jasta

My mates dad won Class 3 Overall Mr Scotland, Class 3 and Overall Mr Britain in 2007. Works extremely hard at what he does and doesint carry an ego around with him unlike alot of people who get into it. Nicest guy ever.

I wish I had that sort of discipline.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#22  Edited By JJWeatherman

My opinion: They nasty.

bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By bravetoaster

They're just like anyone else.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Karl_Boss

They are insane

Patriot91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Patriot91

It depends on whether or not they have a neck tattoo

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By WalkerTR77

They look like abnormal hulk's, I respect their conviction but too much of that effort is squandered when they become unnatural looking. Just check out carrot top -

No Caption Provided
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Ryax
@EpicSteve: that is just excessive 

i think they just over compensate for tiny penises 
RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RobbieMac

All fair arguments.  Though now I am curious to research the reason these men and women went into bodybuilding.  Maybe they were looking for an outlet for stress, or perhaps as some have suggested to look good physically.

Though it always seems this way.  Many people find it repulsive and disgusting.  Though as @TheHBK  showed Arnold was probably the most dedicated men and I wouldn't say he was disgusting.  Sure he had a lot of muscle, but it wasn't quite on the level of Ronnie Coleman and his HGH gut (if you guys have a chance look at some pictures of the two posing next to one another).

Also @ZanzibarBreeze maybe I am.... :P

EDIT: @WalkerTR77  carrot top takes synthol and is a complete joke.  That is why his delts are pointy.

And just so you know the pic on the first page is chopped.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ryanwho
@WalkerTR77 said:
" They look like abnormal hulk's, I respect their conviction but too much of that effort is squandered when they become unnatural looking. Just check out carrot top -

No Caption Provided
"
This is what happens when every hack comedian in town uses you as a punchline. You inject steroids directly into your neck and paint on eyebrows, just daring them to say something else.
Labbo94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Labbo94

Fitness is a big part of my life, so I definitely have respect for them. Personally, I don't see why anyone would want to dedicate their lives to something like that, but they do what they do, and more power to them for that.

Lordborg909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lordborg909

Creepy Carrottop is creepy
WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By WalkerTR77

I wouldn't mess with carrot top, he's probably the most unsettling thing I've ever seen.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Afroman269

At some points it just looks gross as hell but hey they are dedicated to something.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Brendan

Y'know what?  In the overall cast of gym characters that I see every week, the couple bodybuilders (actual bodybuilders, not just steroid freaks) are a couple of the nicest, most helpful guys I've ever met.  Steroids are freaking BAD for your liver, yes, and no, being giga-normous does not look great.  However, they are always polite to everyone, don't hog machines, and always offer good advice if someone asks them for it first.  They dedicate themselves to something specific, yes, and it's not always healthy, yes, but you could say the same thing for the video game habit.  I count the bodybuilders I've met as better dudes than the countless jerks with cellphones, wife-beaters and sideways hats that I see being too loud 4 times a week.  Just my two cents. 
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iam3green

they look like freaks. their muscles are to big so they just look weird to have a huge muscles. 

i just have to say that you never know what happens after high school. one day i was on facebook looking at those side images suggestion people to add as friends. i clicked on one guy i said who the hell is he. he is a body builder now with big muscles. during high school he use to be average joe type of person.

Kiera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kiera

HOT.
SumDeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By SumDeus

They got muscley boobies.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mazik765

I'm going to say they are awesome and I have no complaints about them whatsoever since they could probably crush me with their thumb.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Damien

Jay Cutler? lolwut

Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

On one hand, I'm morally opposed to developing something that's going to atrophy as quickly as muscles do.  It's a waste of time (although the smart people here will see the irony of that statement).

On the other, I can respect a person who devotes themselves to accomplishing something, even if it is something that I think isn't worth pursuing.  I can respect the person for the passion and dedication of their pursuit, and would gladly celebrate with them in their success, even if I don't approve, understand, or care.  Such a person doesn't need approval from others, and in this I'm just an "other".

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RobbieMac
@Damien: 

That is Jay Cutler we ain't talking about former Denver Broncos QB Jay Cutler.

P.S:  I know hate Jay Cutler (QB) for making such a fuss in Denver.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#42  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By ajamafalous

JAY CUTLER INTERCEPTION?

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT

Anyway, dudes have a crazy work ethic that I respect.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Damien
@RobbieMac: I assumed that it was another Jay Cutler.  QB Jay Cutler is just so doughy with his bama bangs.