These guys get it.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Devil240Z

Finally catching up to jack n the box. McDonalds just needs tacos and curly fries and they're almost there!

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Finally catching up to jack n the box. McDonalds just needs tacos and curly fries and they're almost there!

Onion rings man. How does McDonald not have ONION RINGS MAN!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Devil240Z

@devil240z said:

Onion rings man. How does McDonald not have ONION RINGS MAN!

I don't know man. I love onion rings but jack n the box's onion rings aren't very good. But I also cant stand fake onion rings. which is weird that they use them since they put real onions on their burgers. Why cant they just bread those and be good.

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there even a town in teh USA that doesn't have a diner or small restaurant that serves breakfast?

Every town I've ever lived in.

Harpell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Finally, I can drag myself to my car in a daze of hung-over confusion on a Saturday afternoon and get one of those hashbrowns. The circle is complete, and we are all better for it.

Duluoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The food can be alrightish but it is cost-prohibitive for what you get. I can make my own egg english muffin thing in my own kitchen for less money and get more food out of it.

The breakfast war is kind of interesting in Canada because right now its a struggle between mcdicks and Tim Hortons over who can rope more caffeine addicted commuters into their buildings to overcharge them on low quality goods. A clash of the titans if you will. Tim Hortons has worse food in my mind, but they do breakfast until noon and have their whole nationalist advertisement thing going for them.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

@fugoy said:
@mrwakka said:

No McGriddle no sale here

This guy gets it

Seriously. It's ridiculous that the McGriddle isn't an all day item.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#60 riostarwind  Moderator

If I have to get breakfast at McDonalds I'm going to get biscuit and gravy. If I'm going in I might as well make a horrible decision. Since the all day breakfast doesn't have that I doubt I'll ever buy anything. I've never been one to eat breakfast items for dinner anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Nothing on that menu sounds appealing to me

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

I don't like McDonald's food all that much, but I do like their breakfast in general. Where I am Jack-in-the-Box has had all-day breakfast for years, so it doesn't seem all that novel of an idea

millionthlayla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel bad for the workers.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ever since I got an office about 15 seconds up a flight of stairs from a pretty good diner, most food places have become irrelevant, especially since it has it's own knockoff egg mcmuffin thing. But I can still get down on an authentic Egg McMuffin and hash brown on occasion, so this would be pretty good if it came to Canada.

@duluoz said:

The breakfast war is kind of interesting in Canada because right now its a struggle between mcdicks and Tim Hortons over who can rope more caffeine addicted commuters into their buildings to overcharge them on low quality goods. A clash of the titans if you will. Tim Hortons has worse food in my mind, but they do breakfast until noon and have their whole nationalist advertisement thing going for them.

Yeah, it's pretty funny that the war is entirely over coffee these days. Most people I know prefer the coffee and food of McDonalds, but the nationalism really helps Tim Hortons a lot.(despite being foreign owned I think?). Also Tim Hortons being the only widespread doughnut place in a lot of areas makes that a compelling choice. The only other game in town seems to be like, Williams, but that's more expensive and fancy, so it's not really hitting the same market.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't eaten fast food since 2010 soooo...
Gross?
: )

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why wouldn't you go to a local diner to be served by a real waiter or waitress? Is there even a town in teh USA that doesn't have a diner or small restaurant that serves breakfast?

No Caption Provided

You don't have to be some food nut to know fast food is crap. Its not a 'treat' to get a good, freshly cooked breakfast...it is the LEAST you should expect for yourself.

If you're eating white bread, greasy pork bacon, pancakes, and most other common breakfast items you're still eating junk food that isn't healthy. Also, most people are rushing out the door to get to work, so there's no time to go to a diner. If someone is trying to eat right, you'll make it yourself or do something simple like a vegetable &fruit shake/smoothie.

When I first heard this my immediate thought was "why can't Chick-fil-a do this?" - from what I've seen, they're the only fast food place that has good breakfast stuff.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Not saying you're wrong, but I don't think grills, microwaves and fryers are all that selective. However I did hear a story at one point that quality and speed of services at McDonald's were declining because the expanded menus were making it so employees weren't as familiar with the items and took longer to make them. Quick service across a large number of menu items also requires a larger amount of defrosted product, which would lead to increase waste.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

@monkeyking1969 said:

Why wouldn't you go to a local diner to be served by a real waiter or waitress? Is there even a town in teh USA that doesn't have a diner or small restaurant that serves breakfast?

No Caption Provided

You don't have to be some food nut to know fast food is crap. Its not a 'treat' to get a good, freshly cooked breakfast...it is the LEAST you should expect for yourself.

If you're eating white bread, greasy pork bacon, pancakes, and most other common breakfast items you're still eating junk food that isn't healthy. Also, most people are rushing out the door to get to work, so there's no time to go to a diner. If someone is trying to eat right, you'll make it yourself or do something simple like a vegetable &fruit shake/smoothie.

When I first heard this my immediate thought was "why can't Chick-fil-a do this?" - from what I've seen, they're the only fast food place that has good breakfast stuff.

On the topic on diners compared to fast food, yeah diners definitely have better quality breakfast food, but that's really if anyone has the time to sit down and enjoy the meal (unless if there's drive thru diners, as other community members have pointed that out in this thread). And for some people, a quick drive thru breakfast from McDonald's, Burger King or other areas is enough when they need to get somewhere.

Also, I just had a Chick n' Minis meal for breakfast at CFA and it was sheer bliss. I don't think CFA has all day breakfast, but I'm certain they do all day lunch-dinner since I saw tables with waffle fries and chicken sandwiches at 9:30am.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Does this mean I can get burgers in the morning now?

Actually I don't ever eat at McDonalds, but why the fuck would I ever go there for breakfast food. I don't care what time it is, I want a shitty burger.

pontoon_yacht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not saying you're wrong, but I don't think grills, microwaves and fryers are all that selective.

How do you mean?

Avatar image for supernatural_space_honky
Supernatural_Space_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I work 3rd shift, and I want some goddamn double cheeseburgers and fries at 7am, don't get me wrong, the steak egg mc muffin is a hot mess of deliciousness, but I think all things should be available at all times.

Also, they should have a "gotta go fast meal" some bacon strips, about 3 of the mc griddle buns, side of syrup and hash browns.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

It would be wonderful if I could get a burger at any time of day or night because I can work all different kinds of hours.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@deathstriker said:
@monkeyking1969 said:

No Caption Provided

On the topic on diners compared to fast food, yeah diners definitely have better quality breakfast food, but that's really if anyone has the time to sit down and enjoy the meal (unless if there's drive thru diners, as other community members have pointed that out in this thread). And for some people, a quick drive thru breakfast from McDonald's, Burger King or other areas is enough when they need to get somewhere.

Also, I just had a Chick n' Minis meal for breakfast at CFA and it was sheer bliss. I don't think CFA has all day breakfast, but I'm certain they do all day lunch-dinner since I saw tables with waffle fries and chicken sandwiches at 9:30am.

I love diners, but seriously thats something you make plans for with friends and free up at least an hour of your day for. I'd rather enjoy myself at a diner and eat the food at a leisurely pace. McDonalds is probably the worst fast food place in terms of food quality but man if thats your only choice, as it happened to be for me when I used to work nightshifts in college, you take what you can get.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

So why hasn't Hardee's done this already?

I haven't actually eaten Mcdonald's in quite a while now. There's one near where I work, but the employees there are pretty slow and it's one of those in the middle of a Wal-Mart, so I don't think there's even a drive-thru. If I need fast food, the fastest around there is actually a Jimmy John's. There's a Bojangle's there but, like the Mcdonald's, they are slow (they chat with each other way too much).

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Egg McMuffin's are okay I guess. I'll probably eat too many now.

steamschuey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had it in my college town for a while now, and I cannot express how much absolute bullshit it is that they don't include McGriddles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dear God people actually like Hashbrowns.

There's something wrong with hashbrown? That's news to me. Next you're going to say tater tots are gross too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im glad i quit working there just before this happened.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ben_h: Hashbrows til I die!

Which will probably be an early death because, you know, hashbrowns are kind of terrible for you...

Cogzwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm in upstate new york and they didn't have hash browns, waste of time.

pontoon_yacht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By pontoon_yacht

@everettescott: I actually really dislike both their hashbrowns and tater tots in general. I don't know what it is about them, but I'm not a fan. French fries are one of my favorite foods in the world -- I think they're one of life's simple pleasures, but man, I don't like tater tots.

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As an australian who went to the US in feb I have to add. I got caught off guard by a breakfast biscuit, they just taste sooooooooooo bad, so very bad.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I've ever had a McDonalds breakfast. I have vague memories after a final night shift at an old job going to McDonalds afterwards with one or two of the guys and having pancakes, because no pubs were open so we couldn't get a pint, which was rubbish. Licensing hours are poo when you work night shifts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b43dadb9061b
deactivated-5b43dadb9061b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

trucksimulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe I'll get a hash brown through the drive-thru someday. That's about it!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that excited about it. It's a start, but let me have a big mac in the morning if I want it.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm pretty indifferent about the whole thing. I eat McDonald's and I like their breakfast items, but I don't like it enough to eat it more than I do already which is maybe once a month. I'm trying to stop eating most if not all fast food anyway soooooo...

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only care about the hotcakes and hash browns. So this menu is completely fine by me. I'm so happy they did this. Breakfast is definitely McDonald's strong suit imo

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who'd wanna eat breakfast after 10? :P

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoy Tim Horton's biscuit sausage breakfast sandwich. Wait, what's this thread about.

Last time I had breakfast at McDonald's they served pancakes.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@dark: Yah but you guys eat marmite so your taste buds have been permanently damaged.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@deathstriker: I wouldn't call the traditional English/American breakfast "junk food", more like a workingman's breakfast. Like working outside. With your hands. Doing hard labor. Those guys need all the calories and fat and stuff. If you're a typical 9-5 cushy desk job duder though then yeah, it's pretty overboard for what your body needs.

On topic, Mickey D's breakfast is the best stuff on the menu anyway. Might as well serve it all day long.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#94  Edited By MocBucket62

@kasaioni: They still serve pancakes and now they're available all day.

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasar7 said:

@deathstriker: I wouldn't call the traditional English/American breakfast "junk food", more like a workingman's breakfast. Like working outside. With your hands. Doing hard labor. Those guys need all the calories and fat and stuff. If you're a typical 9-5 cushy desk job duder though then yeah, it's pretty overboard for what your body needs.

On topic, Mickey D's breakfast is the best stuff on the menu anyway. Might as well serve it all day long.

I would say all bread, man made carbs, and just about all dairy goes under "junk food". I still eat it and love it (in moderation), but toast, pancakes, french toast, and most cereals aren't much different from eating cake or pie as far as your body is concerned - regardless of job.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nasar7 said:

I would say all bread, man made carbs, and just about all dairy goes under "junk food". I still eat it and love it (in moderation), but toast, pancakes, french toast, and most cereals aren't much different from eating cake or pie as far as your body is concerned - regardless of job.

Pie for breakfast is what I'm going to take away from this comment.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm fine with this.

Technician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be excited if they brought the Southern Style Chicken Biscuit to Ohio. Until then I'll stick to Tim Horton's if I really need to have fast food breakfast in the afternoon/evening (which is almost never). If Chick-Fil-A did this that would be something to get excited about.

pontoon_yacht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By pontoon_yacht

@technician: They had the Chicken Biscuit when I lived in Ohio, but then again I lived less than a half hour off the West Virginia border.