YouTube Comment Censorship

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

So i was on YouTube earlier today and noticed all the profanity in the comments were censored with asterisks. Now this wouldnt be too bad if this was a default and you could change it permanently for your profile...but no...even if you hit the save button the next video you watch will have censored comments.  the same goes for the site blocking comments rated lower than a zero...

This truely pisses me off...wondering what other people had to say about this

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Hamz

The comments on YouTube videos make /b/tards look like University graduates.

Honestly most of the comments there are pointless swearing for the sake of it because people can. I welcome our new censorship overlords.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Pazy

Not to sound like a jaded punk but youtube seems to be seeling itself to "The Man", for a long time it was about people making fun videos for people but now its more about corporate agenda's and not offending anyone.

I go to youtube sometimes but only for specific people who upload awesome shows but I wouldent choose to go there or put my videos there, its becoming worthless especially with the increasing amount of Geo-Restrictions. For example the UK is no longer aloud to view music videos or anything with licensed music (technically).

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Alright, so that explains why there are so many asterisks in the comment sections of videos

That's awful, straight up

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hitchenson

No Caption Provided
@Hamz:
 /b/tards are Uni grads? Oh hell yeah! 
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187
@Hamz said:
" The comments on YouTube videos make /b/tards look like University graduates.Honestly most of the comments there are pointless swearing for the sake of it because people can. I welcome our new censorship overlords. "
This.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7  Edited By Suicrat
@MAN_FLANNEL: Yawn. We're talking about Youtube comments here. You'd be better off reading the back of an Indonesian cereal box. You'd learn more too.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jayge_

You can look at comments rated lower than -5 if you want to, although there's usually a good reason they're rated lower if even the tube-tards don't like what they read (although it could easily be someone intelligent speaking sense about something too, they hate that just as much).

YouTube would be much better without an actual comment system.
Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Babble
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" So i was on YouTube earlier today and noticed all the profanity in the comments were censored with asterisks. Now this wouldnt be too bad if this was a default and you could change it permanently for your profile...but no...even if you hit the save button the next video you watch will have censored comments.  the same goes for the site blocking comments rated lower than a zero... This truely pisses me off...wondering what other people had to say about this "
You read the comments? I usually try to avoid them like the plague.
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pazy
@Hamz said:
" The comments on YouTube videos make /b/tards look like University graduates.Honestly most of the comments there are pointless swearing for the sake of it because people can. I welcome our new censorship overlords. "
My main problem with the comments is the amount of people who come to a video just to call it crappy and that everyone should listen to there music and on the flip but exatly the same side the people who cant take non-glowing comments. For example "I didnt really like this song, I found the lyrics to be too immature for me", marked spam and -10+ within about 10 minutes. There are very few places on the internet that are worthwhile, that is its greatest curse and its greatest asset.
Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Happy

Truly, the golden age of YouTube comments has ended.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Honestly, reading Youtube comments will generally cause more brain damage than smoking weed. I could give two shits about them trying censor a bunch of 14 year olds calling each other faggots.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By EvilTwin

I agree with Hamz.  Youtube is a cesspool.  Considering their demographic pretty much runs the gamut, I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stang

Honestly, who gives a shit? Youtube comments consist on the some of the most rasist, retarded, stalkerish crap I have ever come across. Youtube is owned by a Google, a publicaly traded company. They have a duty to keep things legit, which means censoring all the bored retards that post iq lowering nonsense. 

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iam3green

ha, /b/tards look like uni grads :D i liked that.

yes, i have to say that youtube is going downhill. a lot of times that i try to upload something it gets deleted saying that it has copy right in-fragments. but for some reason other people get to upload the same videos. i tried uploading the game duke nukem forever trailer that came out when they said they weren't going to make the game. some of the comments are horrible. there is a lot of spam, peopel saying hey come check this video i have.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By lemon360

who cares comments are pointless. At least youtube gave us widescreen and HD

Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Babble
@lemon360 said:
" who cares comments are pointless. At least youtube gave us widescreen and HD "
Vimeo was still better, until they banned videos with video games in it.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RetroIce4

Youtube is garbage now anyway. You can't upload anything now because of certain licenses.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Keyser_Soze

The Man is taking over.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By BigBoss1911
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
"

Honestly, reading Youtube comments will generally cause more brain damage than smoking weed. I could give two shits about them trying censor a bunch of 14 year olds calling each other faggots.

"
Ditto.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Wolverine
@Hamz: Agreed, there are way to many mean spirited comments on youtube. There has to be some form of censorship. 
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nanikore

Look at the fancy channel page the Church of Scientology got on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/churchofscientology?blend=1&ob=4
All the comments negative to Scientology are removed from their videos.

Youtube sold out.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK
@Babble said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" So i was on YouTube earlier today and noticed all the profanity in the comments were censored with asterisks. Now this wouldnt be too bad if this was a default and you could change it permanently for your profile...but no...even if you hit the save button the next video you watch will have censored comments.  the same goes for the site blocking comments rated lower than a zero... This truely pisses me off...wondering what other people had to say about this "
You read the comments? I usually try to avoid them like the plague.
"
i think they're hilarous