A Message to all registered California voters

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Milkman

This post isn't about Obama or McCain or Palin and anything to do with the presidential election. So, if you're looking for a political debate, please look somewhere else. But I think anyone who can vote and lives in the state of California should read this. Now, I'm about as far away from California as possible, New York to be exact but today I saw something that enraged me so much I just had to spread the word. On election day, California won't be just voting for Obama or McCain but also for "Proposition 8". Now, Proposition 8 is a referendum in California that will effectively take away the rights of gay marriage in the state. I'm not gay but people have all the right to live their life the way they want to and I think the more states that legalize gay marriage the better. But the fact that California is trying to take this away is not what made me so angry.

THIS is what angered me. Watch the video and read the commentary. And if you're in California, vote no for Proposition 8.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

Ugh, those people are a piece of scum shit. 

thanatos990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By thanatos990

Religion vs. Sanity

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By lazyturtle

I'm so ashamed that this is happening in America the 'Land of the Free'. 

This is actually why I like Jehova Witnesses...they don't vote. Ever. 
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

I don't see what the big deal is...with every major issue, there is typically always a crazy ass violent contingent on each side.  (With protests, it's usually the "peaceful" types that end up getting violent - go figure)

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Clean

California shouldn't even make people decide this issue, b/c it's rediculous to potentially take away someone's rights regardless if it is marriage.

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By suneku

The pro-proposition 8 commercials disgust me. It's embarrassing.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Absurd. Just absurd.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Emilio

I'm voting no. Didn't voters already get that book thing describing all the propositions?

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By fr0br0

I saw a commercial earlier today that said: "I was like any other person who thought that allowing gay marriage wouldn't affect my child, but here is what happened in Massachusetts. Gay marriage was passed and soon after my son came home thinking that gay marriage was alright between two boys. *Shows kids book King and King, with a cover of two men holding hands* I don't know what we can do now."

I laughed at how stupid and ignorant those parents sounded.

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DARKIDO07

Those commercials were sicking. People are such fucking hypocrites.

PersonA: "People who are different than you should be respected and treated the same."
Person B: "So your ok with homosexuality?"
Person A: Fuck no, they are wrong and should have the same rights as us because they are different."

lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By lazyturtle
Levio91 said:
"Marriage is religious,
Marriage is NOT religious. At least not legally. If you get married in a church or by a priest (of whatever religion) that person must have a license by the state to perform a legal marriage. If they don't have that license you must go to the courthouse and apply for it. If you don't get this license, you don't get any of the legal benfits of marriage.
That's what we are talking about here, a legal issue. No one is trying to say that whatever cult you belong to can't be bigoted. You religion can do that, it can hate people for any reason whatsoever. It's the 'right' of your religion. No one is trying to alter that. 
If marriage were a religious thing, we'd have to mandate WHICH religion had the right to marry people (because they all deny the legitimacy of the others). That would mean that only people who were married by a Baptist (insert the name of any religion here) were legally married. That would be unconsitutional. 
Saying people can't marry because they're gay a is like saying that people can't marry interracially, or because they're black, or because they're handicap.
 It's bigotry and it's un-American. 
Duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Duffman

I didn't watch the video, but any not allowing people to get married, regardless of gender, isn't right.  I'm republican, and I used to be against gay marriage, but after a while I realized it was actually pretty stupid and just a product of homophobia.  I suppose I should watch the video, but I'm afraid my IQ will drop.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Black_Rose
Levio91 said:
"Marriage is religious, everyone who marries at a judge's office shouldnt be called married they should be called domestic partners, gay or straight.
These people gave prop 8  supporters a bad image I live in texas anyway but I probably would support prop 8, all it is, is a name change its not that big of a deal.
"
What is so religious about a ring reminding you of what you already know?