James Cameron's airport dispute

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By coolarman

People who go on TMZ have probably heard of this but for those who haven't checked it out here you go. 

So i don't know how to feel about this. I think that Cameron was being an asshole but at the start he shakes his head at the fan. Then the fan starts following him and bothering him but Cameron is being an asshole.  

Some people are saying that the fan is really an autograph hound who was going to sell the autographed stuff online. 

What do you guys think?
Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ApertureSilence

Can you really blame the guy? He just wants to be left alone.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By natetodamax

Man, I haven't heard James Cameron's voice since E3, when he put everyone to sleep.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By NathHaw

Although James Cameron is probably an a-hole (at this point I don't know that I put too much blame on him), he knows exactly what he's doing.  This will get more coverage.  The man is both eccentric and intelligent.

day2daze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By day2daze

WHO FUCKING CARES 
...besides tmz and feeble minded starfuckers

that is all

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Warfare

No means no.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By cstrang

There is no correct party in this.  It'd have taken Cameron 2 seconds to scribble something on the poster (considerably less time than was spent arguing), but the fan was being a dickhead.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By coolarman

Also my favorite part in the video is when the fan starts calling Avatar's plot garbage and simple

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9  Edited By natetodamax
@coolarman said:
"Also my favorite part in the video is when the fan starts calling Avatar's plot garbage and simple "
I thought that was extremely lame of him.
coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By coolarman
@natetodamax said:
" @coolarman said:
"Also my favorite part in the video is when the fan starts calling Avatar's plot garbage and simple "
I thought that was extremely lame of him. "
well i thought it was hilarious and stupid and thats why i liked it 
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#11  Edited By sjschmidt93

"...even a three year old could follow it. Make a real movie." 

LOL

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

That professional autograph hunter seemed like a total prick, not Cameron who simply wished to be left alone with his wife. He wasn't at the airport promoting his film, something which I'm sure he's spent many weeks around the world doing and is most likely sick of.  

Some of the greatest stories ever told are also the most simple, the autograph prick should polish up on his literary studies in between hassling more people who simply wish to be left alone. 

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Black_Raven

James Cameron wasn't being an asshole, it was pretty obvious that the guy didn't simply want an autograph.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@coolarman said:

So i don't know how to feel about this. I think that Cameron was being an asshole but at the start he shakes his head at the fan. Then the fan starts following him and bothering him but Cameron is being an asshole.   Some people are saying that the fan is really an autograph hound who was going to sell the autographed stuff online.  What do you guys think? "

Cameron had just got off a plane and was being harassed by a paparazzoposing as an autograph hound.  The lines he used to attack Cameron ("is this how you treat people who have payed to see your movie?",  "I  make 15 in an hour to see your film and I'm the asshole?" etc) were designed to incite a reaction and James handled the situation appropriately and responsibly. He even declined to have his security (or whoever the big black guy was) deal with the guy.   Basically this is staged by paparazzi to generate sales off the back of the popularity of the movie.  People should be smart enough to see this bullshit for what it really is.

BTW do you work for are you affiliated with TMZ or the press?  Some disclosure please.
Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Dark_Jon
Avatar image for deactivated-63ce64d7ef40c
deactivated-63ce64d7ef40c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he's bothered by his $15 an hour salary maybe he should ask TMZ for a pay rise.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Xeiphyer

I would have signed Fuck off onto the poster. ZING.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iam3green
@Xeiphyer said:
" I would have signed Fuck off onto the poster. ZING. "
ZING, that is exactly what i was going to say. i would write it all weird that u can't really read it. 

i would have start saying things like why don't u go complain to ur boss about the $15 an hour and the movie theater.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Emilio

Fuck that other guy. James Cameron did the right thing.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20  Edited By wefwefasdf

I probably would have done something similar. Imagine how many times they get bothered... Besides, the video doesn't start at the beginning of their conversation.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Alphiehyr
@coolarman said:
" People who go on TMZ have probably heard of this but for those who haven't checked it out here you go. 

So i don't know how to feel about this. I think that Cameron was being an asshole but at the start he shakes his head at the fan. Then the fan starts following him and bothering him but Cameron is being an asshole.   Some people are saying that the fan is really an autograph hound who was going to sell the autographed stuff online.  What do you guys think? "
Who gives a shit? His entitled to his choices? Mind your own business?
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By Brendan

Papparrazi (papparazzi?) are clearly a waste of the world's oxygen.  Hilarious, but at the same time just using too much oxygen.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sarnecki

He's James Mother Fucking Cameron.  It's not in his nature to be your fucking dancing monkey and you should know that coming in.  I'm sure if a fan was to approach him totally and completely humble, they'd get a nice minute or so of personal able chit chat about the movie, which is worth more than some piece of paper.

THAT GUY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!  Instead of some shit head...

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I GOT YOUR BACK, JAMES CAMERON. 

Dude, James Cameron is a living legend. He's the king of action movies. It's unfortunate he had to deal with such a loser, but I guess that's just the price you pay for fame.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TwoOneFive

that was clearly a paparazzi prick.  

no REAL fan who just wanted an autograph would harass a famous director leaving an airport (an already high-stress environment to begin with) repeatedly and begin to shout and use insults.  its pathetic and the guys behavior DID justify his reasoning for ignoring him.  

paparrazi do this all the time. they constantly wait for celebrities at airports because everyone knows its an easy place to get celebrities riled up.  

if a real fan of Camerons thought waiting outside an airport to get autograph would be a good idea, I'm pretty sure they would understand if he declined. if james cameron was like, not now man im not in the mood basically, you'd be like its cool i understand.   
he doesn't OWE you anything. he gave you 2 1/2 hours of entertainment for you're $15. if you want an autograph you should go to the proper place and time for one. not a fucking airport.  
like i said, its clearly paparrazi and they know exactly what they are doing, starting with being at the airport in the first place.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrKlorox

Guy with the camera shoulda been punched. Fuck that piece of shit. He's no fan, he's an IRL troll. If you ever get the chance to deck a troll, do it. 

I am advocating violence.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Linkyshinks
Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Alexander
@MrKlorox said:
" he's an IRL troll. "  
He should have been IRL moderated.
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By gearhead
@natetodamax said:
"

Man, I haven't heard James Cameron's voice since E3, when he put everyone to sleep.

"
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dbz1995
@Alexander said:
" @MrKlorox said:
" he's an IRL troll. "  
He should have been IRL moderated. "
Banned...from life?
Roujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Roujin

I miss the days before the internet, when you could beat the fuck out of some jerkoff who was harassing you and it didn't end up on TMZ.
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Evilsbane

You know what Leave the man The Fuck Alone, He said no just accept that and go you don't berate him and follow him like a fucking three year old saying "real classy" He told you No, NO means NO!

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Alex_Murphy
@Xeiphyer said:
" I would have signed Fuck off onto the poster. ZING. "
lol, yea he should have said "I'm sorry, I'll sign that for you" and then draw a big cock and balls on it.
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#34  Edited By damswedon

there are times and places you don't ask for an autograph, the airport is one of them.(sex is another)

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Yukoei
@Linkyshinks said:
" That professional autograph hunter seemed like a total prick, not Cameron who simply wished to be left alone with his wife. He wasn't at the airport promoting his film, something which I'm sure he's spent many weeks around the world doing and is most likely sick of.   Some of the greatest stories ever told are also the most simple, the autograph prick should polish up on his literary studies in between hassling more people who simply wish to be left alone.      ... "
And this is why I love you and your posts.